25 replies to this topic

#1 stygionyx

stygionyx

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1463 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:06 PM

Is IB/BB build deals higher damage than AS build? Some said that this is a better leveling option (check this thread). I need clarification about this before I reset my SC from AS to IB/BB build.

#2 stygionyx

stygionyx

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1463 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:15 AM

Bump. No one?

#3 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 21 September 2013 - 03:13 PM

Did you read my guide at the least? A build that utilizes Ignition Break with Bowling Bash tends to be for the soloer. Arrow Storm is for partying. Never bring Ignition Break to a party and expect to dish out consistent damage, since monsters are likely to be scattered pretty often. You need to be almost right next to a mob to deal maximum damage with Ignition Break. The other problem with Ignition Break is the fact that it only works best on monsters that aren't resistant to Fire or are weak to it. This limits your versatility and leveling areas. Arrow Storm on the other hand can be endowed.

It really comes down to your preferences.

#4 stygionyx

stygionyx

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1463 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 03:56 PM

Looks like the way I word my question is pretty confusing (sorry about that). What I mean is a comparison of damage between SC builds.

If a SC with AS could deal around 30k to weak-to-fire monsters (using fire endow). Could an IB SC deal the same damage too to the same monster (close range IB, of course)? What kind of equips do I need to deal like 30k+ IB? Depends on the answer if it requires extra-ordinarily heavy investment, I may not be interested to switch my build to IB/BB build.

Edited by stygionyx, 21 September 2013 - 03:58 PM.

#5 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:39 PM

IB alone would go between 15k to 25k depending on how heavily you invest on equipment that increases your attack. That and the damage will depend on how weak the monsters are to Fire. Expect IB to do like 10k to 18k if they're neutral to Fire. I'm just thinking about an upgraded Red Naght Sword in this case though. Without Megs. That damage is just talking about IB alone and not including Bowling Bash along with it.

I haven't played in a while to know what equipment is available now, but that's what it was like right out of the Balance Patch for me. So you might want more feedback on others' experience with IB on a Chaser.

A +9 HBP would help a ton. BSB Shackle combination. At least a +9 Red Naght Sword. You could add Hillslion cards or Zipper Bear cards for extra attack, but I put in Hunter Flies for mine. Helps save on potions. There might be other cards others use for IB though. Porcellio carded armor if you're not in need of something like a Pest card for Stone Cursing monsters that mob you. Personally I'd prefer wearing a Pest carded armor, since I can boost the damage of my IB on monsters that aren't particularly weak to Fire in the case they do get affected by Stone Curse from the card.

#6 stygionyx

stygionyx

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1463 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:10 PM

IB alone would go between 15k to 25k depending on how heavily you invest on equipment that increases your attack. That and the damage will depend on how weak the monsters are to Fire. Expect IB to do like 10k to 18k if they're neutral to Fire. I'm just thinking about an upgraded Red Naght Sword in this case though. Without Megs. That damage is just talking about IB alone and not including Bowling Bash along with it.

I haven't played in a while to know what equipment is available now, but that's what it was like right out of the Balance Patch for me. So you might want more feedback on others' experience with IB on a Chaser.

A +9 HBP would help a ton. BSB Shackle combination. At least a +9 Red Naght Sword. You could add Hillslion cards or Zipper Bear cards for extra attack, but I put in Hunter Flies for mine. Helps save on potions. There might be other cards others use for IB though. Porcellio carded armor if you're not in need of something like a Pest card for Stone Cursing monsters that mob you. Personally I'd prefer wearing a Pest carded armor, since I can boost the damage of my IB on monsters that aren't particularly weak to Fire in the case they do get affected by Stone Curse from the card.

Wow. Some useful infos. Thanks TK. I currently have +9 red twin edge (3x hunter fly), +7 HBP and BSB combo. Does sword mastery play big roles in IB/BB damage?

Anyway, maybe some players who can deal 30k+ IB, can share me some secrets to obtain that? :rice:

#7 Quoc

Quoc

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1034 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:43 PM

Did you read my guide at the least? A build that utilizes Ignition Break with Bowling Bash tends to be for the soloer. Arrow Storm is for partying. Never bring Ignition Break to a party and expect to dish out consistent damage, since monsters are likely to be scattered pretty often. You need to be almost right next to a mob to deal maximum damage with Ignition Break. The other problem with Ignition Break is the fact that it only works best on monsters that aren't resistant to Fire or are weak to it. This limits your versatility and leveling areas. Arrow Storm on the other hand can be endowed.

It really comes down to your preferences.

Wouldn't that be annoying when you're trying to mob monsters up though? I mean like some of them could be stone cursed on the way forcing you to stop and kill it there or leave it behind.

#8 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:08 PM

Does sword mastery play big roles in IB/BB damage?

Not really. Sword Mastery is status attack, not equip attack. It'll barely even give you any noticeable changes.

Wouldn't that be annoying when you're trying to mob monsters up though? I mean like some of them could be stone cursed on the way forcing you to stop and kill it there or leave it behind.

Nobody said you can't armor switch.  ;3  

#9 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 3287 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:51 PM

The other problem with Ignition Break is the fact that it only works best on monsters that aren't resistant to Fire or are weak to it. This limits your versatility and leveling areas. Arrow Storm on the other hand can be endowed.

Ignition Break is not fire property, despite it having a red "flame" effect. It's element is based on your weapon or endow, just like Arrow Storm. It just gets a damage bonus if you are using a fire property weapon or have a fire endow.

Wow. Some useful infos. Thanks TK. I currently have +9 red twin edge (3x hunter fly), +7 HBP and BSB combo. Does sword mastery play big roles in IB/BB damage?

Anyway, maybe some players who can deal 30k+ IB, can share me some secrets to obtain that? :rice:

+7 3x Hunter Fly BLUE Twin Edge (because blue was 15mil when I made this, while red was like 100mil+)
+9 Heroic Backpack
+7 Leo Crown

Those are all the damage increasing gear I used to achieve 30k Ignition Breaks on Scarabs.

This first image is just using a regular Fire Converter.
3ajw.jpg

This second image is procing Mild Wind 4 for the SUPER fire endow.
goks.jpg

This last image is the final damage with mild wind, as opposed to a fire converter.
qeum.jpg

The reason why Mild Wind is better than any other fire endow (or fire element weapon) is the fact that Mild Wind ALSO changes your status atk to fire property. Using a normal endow/converter or using a Red Twin Edge without Mild Wind will result in your status atk remaining neutral property.

#10 stygionyx

stygionyx

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1463 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 11:12 PM

@Tofu

Holy 30k!

That was some pretty damage. I should save up for leo crown now. Thanks for info and those epic screenshots.

#11 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:55 AM

I don't believe I said Ignition Break is Fire property.  xD  It just simply gets a really nice damage boost with Fire endow. The Red Naght just eliminates the need to use a Fire endow or a Fire converter.

I completely forgot about that zodiac helm until now though.

#12 michaeleeli

michaeleeli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2784 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil/Chaos

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:50 AM

amazing. do note that I always use Sightless Mind with IB since it not only stuns but increases next 5 damages by 20%

#13 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• 3287 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:03 AM

Oh nice! I should try that. See if I can fit it in smoothly with IB/BB.

#14 stygionyx

stygionyx

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1463 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:09 PM

More question guys. Which garment is good for this build? +9 Immune HBP or +9 Immune Nid Garb? +9 HBP gives +30 atk and +10 neutral resist, while Nid garb gives 1% chance to restore sp (chance is stack-able with vanargand helm?)

#15 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• 3287 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:09 AM

The 30 atk is not likely to reduce the number of hits required to kill whatever you're leveling on, and a nyd garb is only 3% less neutral reduction than a backpack. I would prefer a nyd garb, because the added sp drain chance will help.

#16 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:24 AM

If you're confident in not dying or at least not too often, an Incubus Pet would help your Chaser a ton as well. Its SP drain effect stacks on top of the other SP drain equipment.

#17 Iinker

Iinker

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:38 AM

Magnum break can also help a bit with damage and is easier than using sightless mind.

#18 stygionyx

stygionyx

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1463 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:47 AM

If you're confident in not dying or at least not too often, an Incubus Pet would help your Chaser a ton as well. Its SP drain effect stacks on top of the other SP drain equipment.

Incubus pet. Never thought of that till you told me. :no1:

Magnum break can also help a bit with damage and is easier than using sightless mind.

Magnum break? B-But, I would not be able to copy BB. It would be IB/MB build :hmm:

#19 Iinker

Iinker

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:53 AM

There's a card that gives you level 3 MB

From irowiki:

This skill is also a self buff, adding 20% damage after it is cast to all attacks in Fire property for ten seconds.

Edited by Iinker, 23 September 2013 - 03:56 AM.

#20 michaeleeli

michaeleeli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2784 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:23 AM

This makes me want to make a new chaser to level with IB lol

#21 stygionyx

stygionyx

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1463 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:39 AM

There's a card that gives you level 3 MB

From irowiki:

This skill is also a self buff, adding 20% damage after it is cast to all attacks in Fire property for ten seconds.

O.O I don't know that such card exist. There are so many things in this game that I've never encountered yet. Thanks for everyone for widening my horizon. You guys are awesome :no1:

This makes me want to make a new chaser to level with IB lol

Go make one and let's level together lol

#22 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• 3287 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:53 PM

Magnum break is awesome!

Same gear as before:

htib.jpg

Magnum break + sightless mind, just for fun:

y4e8.jpg

Edited by Tofu, 25 September 2013 - 12:04 AM.

#23 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:48 AM

People seeking to become Lv150/50 = People finding ways to optimize their damage in Scaraba2 in whatever way they can.

#24 michaeleeli

michaeleeli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2784 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:11 PM

Can someone type me tofus damage numbers? my stupid cellphone wont zoom in lol

#25 stygionyx

stygionyx

Too Legit To Quit