[Role-Play] Ragnarok Online: Generation VR - Page 3 - Creative Contraptions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

[Role-Play] Ragnarok Online: Generation VR

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#51 Talvis

Talvis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1985 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Midwest
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 23 August 2014 - 04:12 PM

HopeSama and Tkwan stood in disbelief over ZeroTigress' lifeless body.  "You don't think she's really dead?" HopeSama asked nervously.

"Don't even talk about that!" Tkwan snapped back.  "It's impossible to know what's going on with her right now."  Tkwan looked towards where Kiehl was and saw Toxn fighting him and the others readying themselves for battle.  He looked back at Zero's body then towards HopeSama while thinking to himself.  "Dammit, we have no choice or we might end up like her."

"What are you talking about?" HopeSama said to Tkwan.

"Protect Zero's body, I'm gonna do what I can to give us the advantage."  He ran towards the rest of the party buffing them as quickly as possible.

Toxn attacked Kiehl with every move he knew.  Kiehl dodged or deflected most of Toxn's attacks.  "You'll pay for killing her!"  Toxn yelled while attacking.

Kiehl chuckled, "you can barely hit me, give it up!"  He landed a hard blow on Toxn sending him back.

Inuko23 ran up behind Kiehl while he was focusing on Toxn and hit him hard with her spear.  Just as Kiehl turned around to attack her ShinobiEX3 Bowling Bashed him.  Kiehl countered by doing a Magnum Break, knocking everyone back.

Aizenath and Talvis charged in after the wave from the Magnum break dissipated.  They both attacked him at the same time.

HopeSama watched from a distance while guarding ZeroTigress' body.  "What happens now?" she thought to herself, "even if we do manage to kill him, what do we do about Zero?"  Out of the corner of her eye she saw a couple Alicel and Aliot run head towards Tkwan.  "Watch out!" she yelled.

Tkwan saw the monsters approaching him and created a safety wall around him.  Inuko23 ran up and proceeded to attack them allowing Tkwan to go back to supporting the party.  Toxn attacked Kiehl with a Sonic Blow hitting him hard.

"Give it up," Kiehl said while regaining his composure.  He cast Wide Silence silencing everyone in the room.  "You may be able to hurt me, but in the end I hold all the cards and I can stop you at will."

Talvis, unable to use any skills, stepped back from the fight.  He looked over towards the lifeless body of ZeroTigress and thought about what he should do.  He looked around and saw a ledge he could climb to and proceeded towards it.  The other members of the party continued to attack Kiehl when they saw Talvis jumping off a nearby ledge red with every self buff he had wielding his axe above his head.  Kiehl turned around just as Talvis rammed his axe forcefully into the arm that had impaled ZeroTigress breaking the bloody arm off.

"You fool!" Kiehl exclaimed while recovering from the attack.  He teleported away leaving everyone looking around.  Everyone started thinking he had ran away again only to be interrupted by Kiehl yelling from a ledge far above; "Bold move Talvis!"  Suddenly multiple Gazetti surrounded Talvis, who was recovering from his jumping attack.  Toxn started running towards him to destroy the Gazetti but he was stopped by multiple more Gazetti that appeared surrounding the rest of the party that had been attacking Kiehl, though, they only seemed to attack when one of them tried to attack or run away from them.

Edited by Talvis, 24 August 2014 - 06:47 PM.

#52 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 24 August 2014 - 10:57 PM

Another extra long one. Sorry!

------------------------------------------------------------

When Talvis broke Kiehl's arm off, it flopped against the ice chunk containing Loomin. In doing so, it smeared ZeroTigress's blood upon its cold surface. As the blood made contact with the ice, the script that Eremes had embedded into ZeroTigress's body activated and bled into the ice towards the pale-haired boy. Once the script made its way into Loomin's body, a heartbeat began to sound from deep within him.

As the Gazettis close in on the party, the heartbeat grew louder and louder until it echoed throughout the cavern. Tkwan and the others look around themselves, wondering where the sound was coming from. HopeSama moves closer to ZeroTigress's body as the heartbeat reached its climax.

Then silence.

Suddenly, chunks of ice flew everywhere as Loomin explodes out of his prison. Tkwan quickly casts Safety Wall on the others and himself before they could be injured by the freezing barrage. The explosion manages to knock Kiehl off the ledge he was on, causing him to fall to his feet on the ground.

"What the hell?" he growls, looking towards the boy.

Loomin floated in the air for a few moments, his body glowing with soft light. Then he slowly descends down on the metal platform beneath him and stands with his eyes still closed. Once he landed, he slowly opens his eyes, revealing sky blue eyes.

"Feh, you're just a runt," sneers Kiehl. He sends a Fire Ball flying at the boy.

The fiery sphere hits an invisible barrier that seems to have been activated instantaneously and explodes on contact. When the smoke clears, Loomin turns his head towards Kiehl and hold up both his little hands at him. A glyph as big as he was forms at his palms and a great wave of energy flows out from it to Kiehl. Kiehl yells out as the wave hits him and he holds up his good arm to try to defend himself from it.

"It can't be!" he screams. "You're forcing me out of the game! IMPOSSIBLE!!"

A giant blue light surrounds Kiehl and in minutes he was no more. The Gazettis have also disappeared from the area.

"What... what just happened?" wonders Talvis with wide eyes.

"I think... I think he just banned the hacker," theorizes Aizenath, lowering his spear. "And destroyed the Gazettis on top of that."

The glyph dissipates from Loomin's palm and he turns to look towards the players. Silently, he steps down from the metal platform with his bare feet and begins to walk towards HopeSama, who had begun clutching ZeroTigress's body close. He goes down on his knees next to ZeroTigress's body and leans over to place his forehead on hers.

"Eonni..." he whispers quietly with closed eyes. "Eonni, come back..."

He then stands back up and looks to Tkwan with a smile. Not sure what to think, the male Archbishop approaches ZeroTigress's body and lifts a hand towards her.

"RESURRECTION!" he shouts as he casted the spell.

A spinning glyph forms beneath the female Assassin Cross's body and in the next moment, an angel appears overhead and disappears as quickly as she came. Everyone looks on with bated breath as the hole in ZeroTigress's chest sealed up and her body was fully restored.

Slowly, ZeroTigress begins breathing and opens her eyes. She turns her head to see Loomin and the others smiling at her and looks up to see HopeSama's eyes well up.

"ZERO!" she shouts as she pulls the female Assassin Cross in for a tight hug.

"Augh, no hugs!" cries out ZeroTigress in surprise.

"GROUP HUG!" yells out Toxn all duckfaced as the rest of the party converged on the poor Assassin Cross.

"NOOOOO!" protests ZeroTigress, looking quite uncomfortable being in the center of a group hug. "Toxn, you suck!!"

Once the overwhelmingly friendly act was over, the group steps away from the female Assassin Cross to let Loomin have a chance. ZeroTigress slowly gets up, with HopeSama and Tkwan's help, and walks over to the little boy. She gets down on one knee and smiles a little at him.

"Nice to meet you at last..." she greets him. "Loomin."

Loomin looks on with a big smile on his face. "Eonni."

"So, you finally made it."

Eremes suddenly appears behind Loomin, who turns around to look at him curiously.

ZeroTigress gets up to her feet and glares at the male Assassin Cross. "Was this your plan all along?"

"I'm a little disappointed it took you this long to figure it out," retorts Eremes. "I expected better from you."

"Wait, so what's the script you put into Zero's body?" asks Talvis. "I'm not quite clear on what's going on."

Eremes lets out a sigh and crosses his arms. "I suppose I'll let you know since you've manage to accomplish what I was aiming for."

He sits down and the players sit down along with him. Loomin goes over to lean on ZeroTigress.

"RO, as you know, was created by my development team and me," begins Eremes. "But... things weren't going so well with the rest of GRAVITY so we left. Some time later, I embedded a special script into Loomin, which gives him power over the world of RO and allows him to change things as he sees fit. However, this programming I gave him would allow him to override any GM commands. Essentially, I've created a god within the game."

"That's..." exclaims Toxn, trying to comprehend what he had just heard. "Why would you do that?"

"Because I knew the fools running GRAVITY would eventually lead RO to its downfall," says Eremes. "Think of Loomin as a sort of fail-safe for the game itself."

"But if you give one NPC complete power over the game, how the heck are you supposed to control it?" asks ShinobiEX3.

"That's where your friend here comes in," answers Eremes, looking over at ZeroTigress. "For years, I've scouted players to find one whose perspectives on RO is the most unbiased, uninfluenced by guild needs or personal desires. Someone neutral. Someone who would put the needs of the game before their own."

"I'm also unstable," notes ZeroTigress. "Not sure if you want someone like me controlling the game."

"Better you than GRAVITY," says Toxn.

"Any thing is better than GRAVITY," scoffs ZeroTigress. "That's not saying much."

"I wasn't looking for a player to control the game," clarifies Eremes. "What I needed was a good base for the god NPC's AI."

"So it was an AI script you put into Zero," asserts Tkwan.

"Yes," confirms Eremes. "I didn't let you in on the details because I wanted the AI script to learn from decisions you make naturally. Make sure as less outside influence as possible is made on the AI."

"Then how do you explain this?" demands ZeroTigress, showing the scar on her chest. "This was left from when Kiehl tried to extract the script from me."

"Loomin is a part of RO as you are a part of the real world," responds Eremes. "Because you are the basis of Loomin's AI, your sprite needed to become part of RO's world. As such, your body will receive damage as if you are part of RO's world, whereas other players' bodies won't."

"Is that permanent?" wonders HopeSama.

"Now that Loomin is no longer dormant, it may be," says Eremes. "But only for ZeroTigress. The rest of you won't be affected."

ZeroTigress looks on as Eremes gets up to his feet. She and the others follow suit.

"Well, that's all there is to say on the matter," begins Eremes. "With the Kiehl hacker gone, you are all free to log out once more. As for me... Consider this our last goodbye."

With that, Eremes logs out of the game, leaving the players to wonder what their next move is.

#53 Aizenath

Aizenath

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1021 posts
  • LocationCloser to hell than heaven...
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:notRO

Posted 02 September 2014 - 01:41 AM

Ummm I want to log out but I'm kinda worried, mumbles Aizenath softly.

What are you worried about? asks ZeroTigress with an amused look on her face.

Well, what if we log out and can't log back in?

Toxn slaps Aizenath on the back of the head.

Owwww, don't do that, it still hurts you know!!! complains the Royal Guard.

Toxn looks at him in disbelief.  We almost died for real and have been trying to log out for a long time and now you are worried that you won't be able to log back in??

Aizenath smiles sheepishly and then starts laughing loudly, everyone is looking at him, wondering if he finally lost it. Aww stop looking at me like that guys, I know we almost died and all but I had too much fun with you guys and that's why I'm worried, because if I don't see you again I'll kinda miss you guys.

What was that? said Talvis, grinning widely, I didn't hear you.

Too bad, says the royal guard sticking his tongue out, I won't say it again.

Everyone laughs but there is a sad feeling in the air, they too are worried that they won't be able to log back in again.

Ok then, hopefully I'll see you guys again. Oh, I better friend you all before I log out.

When everyone accepted his friend invite, Aizenath said: hopefully I'll see you soon to G, G seemed to nod to the RG and then they both disappeared.

#54 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 02 September 2014 - 10:17 PM

"See you guys on the RaidCall?" wonders Talvis, bringing up his system menu.

"Of course," says Tkwan, bringing up his system menu as well. "We've got a lot to talk about."

One by one, each member of the party logs out of the game with the last two being Toxn and ZeroTigress.

"Hey Zero," exclaims Toxn.

"What?" responds the female Assassin Cross cautiously.

Without a word, Toxn quickly tosses a Bouquet at ZeroTigress's face, knowing full well she's not a fan of flowers due to her sensitive nose. Then he immediately logs out of RO before the woman could react.

"YOU STUPID F...!" ZeroTigress angrily screams at the blue column that warped Toxn out.

Throwing the Bouquet to the ground, the female Assassin Cross dusts herself off and looks over at Loomin who was beaming happily.

"Yeah, yeah, glad you enjoyed that," sneers ZeroTigress. "So what are you going to do now?"

Loomin brings a hand up to his face in thought and then turns to smile at the woman. "Fishing!"

The boy quickly Teleports away, leaving ZeroTigress all by herself.

"Well then," she exclaims with a smirk. "His AI really is based off of me."

Sighing, she brings up her system menu to look at the options. With her finger, she scrolls down to the Log Out button and proceeds to press it. And then she waits for the blue column to encase her body in light and bring her back to reality.

But nothing happens.

Alarmed, ZeroTigress presses the Log Out button repeatedly to no avail. A feeling of dread began to wash over her.

She was still trapped in the game.

#55 Aizenath

Aizenath

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1021 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 03:21 AM

Everything was dark, it was really cold, Aizenath could hear voices but didn't recognize any of them, he didn't have any sense of direction or space or time but he felt that wherever he was, it was immense.

After walking in the dark for a while, the RG decided to sit down, he touched the floor and it felt hard and cold, where the hell am I? he asked to himself.

He thought he heard a familiar voice but he couldn't tell where it came from.

While deciding what to do, he checked for anything on his pockets for clues but the only things on him where his clothes.

I don't even know if this is reality or not, he mumbled to himself, I wonder what are the guys up to.

Then he closed his eyes but the darkness remained...

#56 Talvis

Talvis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1985 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Midwest
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 12 October 2014 - 03:16 PM

Hidden down a dark tunnel in Ice Dungeon Baphomet and another shadowy figure were watching Kiehl get defeated and forcefully logged off.  "He was an idiot," Baphomet exclaimed, "he acted rashly and now everything is messed up."  "He acted without knowing what he was dealing with."

"How were we supposed to know that Assassin Cross was in cohorts with Ermes?" the other hacker asked.  He turned around and started walking away.  "Hopefully we can get our plan back on track."

Baphomet grabbed his shoulder and stopped him, "take a look, that Assassin Cross girl appears to be stuck here."

The other hacker turned around and looked towards where ZeroTigress was.  "It looks like that AI program didn't wipe everything out," he said with a smile.  "We'll have to see what Kiehl has to say, but somehow I think he wont be getting online any time soon to physically help us."

"I wonder if we'll still be able to use our asset?"

"You mean the Mechanic?"  "Taking him over when he logs off should be easy, it's controlling him when he's still active that will be the real test."

"He's only our prototype, if we can get him to be our asset, we'll be able to do it to anyone."  Baphomet started walking down the tunnel.  "Let's get out of here."

Three weeks later, Talvis was slowly getting back use to normal life after being stuck in the game and a short stay at the hospital.  His family and friends were glad that he had woken up.  He had been back at work for over a week now but he had been avoiding getting back into the game due to the doctor's recommendation and his family's concerns.  He also had fears of his own after what had happened.

However, he had been in contact with his friends from the game and was aware that ZeroTigress was still trapped in the game.  After much thought he decided that it wouldn't hurt just to log in and see how the game was going.

Soon after getting comfortable he put on the helmet and soon found himself back in the all to familiar world in the all too familiar city of Prontera.  "Well, now that I'm here, I wonder who else I'll find and more important, where is ZeroTigress?"

#57 Aizenath

Aizenath

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1021 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 11:58 PM

You just came out of a coma because of that game said the doctor!!!

He had a bad habit of not listening to anyone even if he knew they were right so the very next day after coming out of hospital, Aizenath was sitting in front of his pc, trying to decide if he should log on or not, he knew Zero was still trapped and after what happened to all of them, the line between reality and virtual reality was seriously blurred for him, which made the choice even harder.

What if I can't come out again if I log in?

What if we can suffer real damage next time we go in?

What if... 

As he thought about this, he realized that Zero's questionst were harder to ask - what if I never get out of here?

So he asked himself one last question - if I was trapped would I like someone to help me get out?

As Aizenath walked around prontera, he felt weird not using a mount but thought he could get G later, he saw a familiar face in the crowd and when he was ready to yell out, he got tackled from behind...

Dammit G, don't scare me like that you stupid bird!!! An affectionate peck on the head told Aizenath G missed him too, the Royal Guard decided not to think about how G found him considering he didn't rent the mount.

He was wondering how time worked in this place and then thought to himself,

'here we go again" and then yelled out: HEY TALVIS!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users