7 replies to this topic

#1 Diatus

Diatus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • LocationOrting, WA

Posted 28 October 2010 - 10:34 AM

Since all characters from Vyvern and Dekard were combined into one, finding a good name that's not taken is very hard to do.

So, what I'm proposing is.. to delete all accounts/characters from the DB that have been inactive for a set amount of time, especially if they haven't been touched since before THQ*ICE went down.

For example, I know a few people from the first month of THQ*ICE's beta that had decent names, or had gotten decent names, but have no plans ever in the future to come back, and just have their characters sitting there. and due to the "opt'ing out" thing that went on, it's still there. ( I always thought that was sort of backwards anyways, but whatever. )

In short, delete in-actives so people can actually get good names.

#2 Tundra

Tundra

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 278 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 29 October 2010 - 12:17 PM

Actually, another reason why it's hard to find a name is because, for some reason, they follow the one-use policy.

IE: If I make a character named Delsus, then delete it, I can not use the name ever again. (This, of course, is a very stupid way to go about things)

On top of that, like you said, there's the old accounts that haven't been touched in forever that should also be deleted within a month. It frees up space in the database, so they may as well do it...

#3 canajew

canajew

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 583 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 01:09 PM

Umm no, I know people who have been gone since before the 65 patch and dumped like 7 thousand dollars between 3 people into this game. Now are you saying that should they come back in six months they should loose all of their equips.

#4 Diatus

Diatus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • LocationOrting, WA

Posted 29 October 2010 - 04:29 PM

Actually, another reason why it's hard to find a name is because, for some reason, they follow the one-use policy.

IE: If I make a character named Delsus, then delete it, I can not use the name ever again. (This, of course, is a very stupid way to go about things)

On top of that, like you said, there's the old accounts that haven't been touched in forever that should also be deleted within a month. It frees up space in the database, so they may as well do it...

@ Bold: Oh yeah, I forgot about that. ]: That's also very lame and should be changed.

Umm no, I know people who have been gone since before the 65 patch and dumped like 7 thousand dollars between 3 people into this game. Now are you saying that should they come back in six months they should loose all of their equips.

There's things you can put in place to prevent things like that from happening. EX: Deleting accounts/characters that are < level 30 or something.

#5 Hawly

Hawly

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 784 posts
  • LocationSaint Mary - RS, Brazil

Posted 29 October 2010 - 04:40 PM

Actually, if you delete a char, you can use the name again. You just have to go to X:/My Documents/Dragonica, find the folder with the name, delete it and wait for 2 days. After that, the name will be available again.

#6 Nodke

Nodke

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 07:08 PM

Actully it wouldve been better if they didnt split the servers and if they send Mail to those accounts to tell them dragonsaga is back up and see if they come if not 1 month delete after all it is a new game

#7 Diatus

Diatus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • LocationOrting, WA

Posted 30 October 2010 - 07:21 PM

Actually, if you delete a char, you can use the name again. You just have to go to X:/My Documents/Dragonica, find the folder with the name, delete it and wait for 2 days. After that, the name will be available again.

Oh? That's neat.

#8 SharpEye

SharpEye

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 363 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 30 October 2010 - 09:07 PM

Or they could just require a mandatory name change for everyone inactive after a while. But that again would strike a chord with those who wish to maintain their monopoly on decent names.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users