Well, here's my opinion about SMs so far.
- They can actually AoE efficiently. This alone made me love the class.
- I agree with Immunity's colorful, flashy explosion being laggy. It doesn't affect me much, if at all, but I can imagine what other people's screens would look like...
- Sacrifice is pretty awesome. The HP cost isn't much either. I can easily heal it back with even a Lv 1 Cure.
- Awake: Soulmate's cooldown is indeed too large. I rarely find myself using this unless it's a boss I'm up against. Even then, I don't use it much.
- The healing skills...ugh, I hate them in almost every way. All of them waste your SP way too fast if they're level 3 or higher. Restore's cast time doesn't help with this, either. Restoration's heal amount is really small that I don't even notice it. Cure is actually alright though. It may not be like Renovatio or even LoR, but it's still decent enough for an HoT.
- And the soul links...yeah, it's like everyone enjoys running away from them or something. It pisses me off so much that I don't even bother to link until bosses.
- I also feel like the class relies a little too much on crits, but that's just me.
I've yet to try out Crescentia. When I was leveling as an Alter though, it was pretty fun putting all those debuffs on one enemy.
Edited by Kiyoshiro, 12 October 2013 - 07:33 PM.