#1 Zanbee

Zanbee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1622 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:56 AM

Hello everyone, 

We are aware that there are certain concerns regarding the Monster Collection, specifically in the use of pets in raids and Colosseum. We understand that Colosseum is not balanced, and the use of pets can further exacerbate the problem. Also, pets in dungeons and raids being used in place of tanks and healers is not an intended feature of pets. We are currently actively communicating with the developers regarding these situations. 

With that said, please use this thread from now on for all talks regarding pets in Colosseum and raids. 

Thank you.

#2 mysticalre

mysticalre

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 837 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:59 AM

why thank you, at least it's better late than never

#3 jdmtouch

jdmtouch

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1535 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Aranzeb

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:00 AM

i am a tank and i am being replaced with op 30 sec cd imverse. PLS nerf pets into oblivion, ty

#4 Zanbee

Zanbee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1622 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:01 AM

why thank you, at least it's better late than never

Well, we've been communicating about this for the past few weeks. It's still an ongoing process, so please bear with us. 

#5 Meconopsis

Meconopsis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 918 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:04 AM

Best solution - pets are useless on raid bosses.

Can't be used in colo.

Increase cooldown.

#6 2534130520102140553

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:04 AM

Well, we've been communicating about this for the past few weeks. It's still an ongoing process, so please bear with us. 

This problem has been going on in SEA for a while now too, yeah?  OOC, have they ever spoken to Gravity about it?  Has Gravity been actively working on this problem for a while now, or have they been focusing on other things, such as more content, more?  I can understand that it's a complicated process, especially since they need to come up with a solution to save the gameplay and yet not slap P2W/heavy farming players in the face, and will continue to be patient as long as I know it's not simply that we're being ignored.

Best solution - pets are useless on raid bosses.

Can't be used in colo.

Increase cooldown.

Much as I understand this would be the most balanced decision, I'm pretty sure people have spent hundreds on getting as many pets as they do now for the cooldown, and on getting stun pets.  I don't think this is gonna happen as drastically as this, simply because they need to make money as a F2P.  Yeah yeah, I get it, there are other F2P schemes that don't involve P2W.  I don't know much about Gravity, but I'mma assume for now that a lot of issues stem from this being a relatively new game that will improve majorly in the long run, but (perhaps) needs cash right now to aide the development process, which needs to be the biggest thing in order to keep players interested atm.

Edited by 2534130520102140553, 27 September 2013 - 09:08 AM.

#7 Vau

Vau

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 939 posts
  • Location.
  • Server:.

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:07 AM

Embus... it was good while it lasted. Gonna miss those lovely freezes, even if you made me loose some Colosseums.

#8 StrawberriKiwi

StrawberriKiwi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 485 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:09 AM

Put a raid CD that will still stun bosses for a mere few seconds but make it so that people cant not continuously chain ? Some people have farmed hard for those DNAs (I know specifically a few who have been in the same dungeon for a day or 2 or even more). It wouldn't be fair for them not to be able to use it since they did farm it for the sake of that cc. I personally did get an embus but i have a 110 sec CD cuz i don't like farming.. anddd it's slightly useful on bosses for a few seconds then .. the rest of the time the tanks are tanking and i'm healing. 

#9 sangpham12

sangpham12

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:10 AM

@ Zanbee: you should have posted this earlier so at least my friends dont quit.

#10 2534130520102140553

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:13 AM

Put a raid CD that will still stun bosses for a mere few seconds but make it so that people cant not continuously chain ? Some people have farmed hard for those DNAs (I know specifically a few who have been in the same dungeon for a day or 2 or even more). It wouldn't be fair for them not to be able to use it since they did farm it for the sake of that cc. I personally did get an embus but i have a 110 sec CD cuz i don't like farming.. anddd it's slightly useful on bosses for a few seconds then .. the rest of the time the tanks are tanking and i'm healing. 

^^^^^

I have to agree, I've always like this solution the best.  Something like, the stun only works once every few minutes or something.  This way, people still have to learn the mechanics, or at the very least the timing, to stop big attacks and such that would wipe a party otherwise, but it's still something useful... and I kinda still wanna farm Eremes and make big zeny off of it tbh~~~

#11 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:15 AM

I don't think it's possible for them to code that though...Is it? The raid cooldown idea.

#12 mysticalre

mysticalre

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 837 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

that's true, but allowing the latest patch to pass through was a huge mistake. I believe it's an ongoing process, but why allow patches that will make the situation way worse?

I know everything points to the DEV team and you guys don't have the final say nor fully deserve to take the blame, but shouldn't we have at least learned something from the situation SeaRO2 is in?

Replicated bugs, replicated end-game, replicated patches ... I know you guys make efforts to correct these mistakes, but the efforts are after the patches roll in. Fix SEA's mistakes before adding them in.

#13 StrawberriKiwi

StrawberriKiwi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 485 posts

This problem has been going on in SEA for a while now too, yeah?  OOC, have they ever spoken to Gravity about it?  Has Gravity been actively working on this problem for a while now, or have they been focusing on other things, such as more content, more?  I can understand that it's a complicated process, especially since they need to come up with a solution to save the gameplay and yet not slap P2W/heavy farming players in the face, and will continue to be patient as long as I know it's not simply that we're being ignored.

Much as I understand this would be the most balanced decision, I'm pretty sure people have spent hundreds on getting as many pets as they do now for the cooldown, and on getting stun pets.  I don't think this is gonna happen as drastically as this, simply because they need to make money as a F2P.  Yeah yeah, I get it, there are other F2P schemes that don't involve P2W.  I don't know much about Gravity, but I'mma assume for now that a lot of issues stem from this being a relatively new game that will improve majorly in the long run, but (perhaps) needs cash right now to aide the development process, which needs to be the biggest thing in order to keep players interested atm.

Don't count on SEA. they dont even have gms on x_x ... people are bugging things here and there ... etc THey aren't aware of anything and if they are they just keep a blind eye. 

#14 StrawberriKiwi

StrawberriKiwi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 485 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:17 AM

I don't think it's possible for them to code that though...Is it? The raid cooldown idea.

NOt sure .. but the amount of things people can code... :> 

#15 LucretiaBlade

LucretiaBlade

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in England, eating chocolate <3 NOMMERS!

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:19 AM

My view, which might seem a little controversial, with regard to bosses - just because people have pets they don't have to use them. At least while the pets are as they are it gives some of us, who can't get full parties or are just running dungeons to farm DNA, a fair shot at killing bosses while not being spanked into oblivion :heh: I  know I'm in the minority and most will support pet nerfing, so I'll enjoy it while it lasts..............

For me Colo is a 50/50, whatever happens - I hate being 'Embus'd' but I love 'Embus'ing' other people.... go figure :hmm:

#16 ChopChopz

ChopChopz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:19 AM

The Raid cooldown idea doesnt make sense.

So only one person can summon pets and all the whole raid has to wait for the CD?

Then how about all other pets like heals pets or dots pet?

CC means crowd crontol, not disabling the boss, and they are still extremely useful even if they do not work on bosses.

I thought after the DNA box people will realise how strong buff pets/offensive pet/heal pets can be, and they are extremely helpful in raid.

But people just still want to rely on CC pet to disable the boss.

Edited by ChopChopz, 27 September 2013 - 09:41 AM.

#17 Drizzled

Drizzled

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:20 AM

They did it in WoW.

#18 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:21 AM

We're talking about kRO here...not other developers from other MMOs...

#19 wakkyz

wakkyz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:22 AM

what i don't understand is, if you know this is a on going problem...why do u even release a 1 day lockout event on raids? Doesnt take a genius to find out that will only add oil to the fire

Edited by wakkyz, 27 September 2013 - 09:22 AM.

#20 Drizzled

Drizzled

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:24 AM

We're talking about kRO here...not other developers from other MMOs...

But the term impossible implies a general statement

#21 LostAgain

LostAgain

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:26 AM

my view is remove them from colo and raid bosses but i think leaving hard mode and normal dungeons open to using them is fine as it makes farming certain things a lot easier, i can kill most without but i do like getting it done as quick as possible, and also just because they are there doesn't mean they have to use them

people could also think about leading their own raid and not having the pet requirement 

#22 trisarahtops

trisarahtops

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • LocationVirginia Beach

Because they are the community managers, not the developers.  They can only listen to everyone bitch and complain and go to bat and hope the devs listen.  

Look, it nullifies the interaction between actual people.  I get it.  It's cheapened a factor of this game that involved learning how to navigate raids as a balanced team.  Totally with you all on that, but on the same token, people who spent tons of money to get the desired pets don't want it reversed.  I, personally, wouldn't invest my actual hard earned money on a pet to make me have to play less, but that could be just me....

Reading these threads is making my head spin.  There is literally no way to please 100% of the population.  No way at all.  

#23 MorbidCoffee

MorbidCoffee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 546 posts

An ideal solution that would be asking way too much for the way things have gone lately: cooldowns dependant on the star rating of your pet. Most 1-2 star pets are pretty harmless and provide extra DPS, which is what pets should be doing in the first place, so keeping them at a lower cast time is fine. Higher star pets can still keep their same [potentially gamebreaking] abilities, but should be at a much higher cooldown. Example, 10 embus on a 5 minute cooldown is much more balanced than 10 embus on a 20s cooldown. At most, you get 2.5 minutes of CC on the boss, and if you do it, you're risking having it build up as many AoEs as possible that all come out when there's nobody left in the rotation. Risk vs reward

The easy solution: increase the cooldown on all pets. Significantly. A lot of people will dislike it but it's the only solution outside of modifying bosses (which won't happen), or removing pets all together (also won't happen) thats reasonable enough to expect to happen.

And just repeating what others have said multiple times, pets should not be allowed in colo no matter what change happens.

Edited by MorbidCoffee, 27 September 2013 - 09:29 AM.

#24 englishtealite

englishtealite

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:29 AM

why would you make the topic after you decided to sell the DNA through the kafra shop?

the pet problem has been going under-concern for countless weeks..i don't understand this decision at all

you finally (lol) acknowledged the problem but don't you think its too late already?

#25 Zanbee

Zanbee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1622 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:31 AM

that's true, but allowing the latest patch to pass through was a huge mistake. I believe it's an ongoing process, but why allow patches that will make the situation way worse?

I know everything points to the DEV team and you guys don't have the final say nor fully deserve to take the blame, but shouldn't we have at least learned something from the situation SeaRO2 is in?

Replicated bugs, replicated end-game, replicated patches ... I know you guys make efforts to correct these mistakes, but the efforts are after the patches roll in. Fix SEA's mistakes before adding them in.

Certain circumstances often cause the patch notes to be delivered later than usual. It shouldn't be a problem from now on, considering we have already gotten patch notes for the 10/10 patch. After we edit and test the client, we will post it up for the community with ample time for feedback. Although they are across the world, I can assure everyone that the devs are working hard to meet everyone's demands. 

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users