#176 StrawberriKiwi

StrawberriKiwi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 485 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 08 October 2013 - 11:35 PM

lol I actually was in with a lvl 37 hat and lvl 40 gloves.

...what?  Don't look at me like that, everyone's doing it! <--- also possibly the quote of some guy who went over the speed limit and was stopped by a cop

Lawl. I dont blameyou. As much as i hate pets (cuz its a pain to farm them). I did manage to get lucky with an embus and have a boyfriend who spoiled me til igot a 90 sec CD. I'm constantly asking for legit runs but everyone knows pugs are hard to maintain when its something like RM H. I've went on bug runs 3 x now and only the first was fast. The rest were kinda like OMG SOMEONE MISS FREEZE 

#177 Splendens

Splendens

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 450 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:10 PM

I have to shamefully admit that if my soulmaker were level 50 I'd break my moral code because the soulmaker AoD armor is one of the most darling things I have ever seen.  My friend called me to Alberta to look at someone wearing it the other day and I made the most hideous noise because it is just TOO CUTE.   :ani_swt3:

#178 RoViMaRRR

RoViMaRRR

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:03 AM

Regarding with the Colesseum, disable pets for fair games.

About raid, if you will disable pets during raids, what will be the use of pets?

If you will increase pet's cooldown, how about those who paid dollars for buying DNA boxes, just to decrease the cooldown of pets. It will be much better to disable embus' bug skills which boss in raids cant attack, try giving embus' another skills effect, like ankle snare which player/mobs can't move but attacks are still available.

#179 Mounie

Mounie

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:38 AM

People were happy to show their equips because it meant that you were able to kill end dungeon bosses and now it has no omre meaning - tank don't even rememebr that they can kite, Sorcerer forget about their AOE heal skill and also OMG ! they have a "frost" by themselves ! A priest insulted me because i was asking for res and heal support because he was "FULL DPS".

This is a complete non sense which result of the actual use of those pets.

Like most other I admit their is 2 point :

Colo --> Pets are really to OP, playing as a SM with WW make able to stand against most DoT+ Melee and tanking while using Master Red and healing skills until my DoT contaminate everybody around me ..and I am not even a good PvPer (I really hate colo and did it only because I needed the gears to make RM the "legit" way ...

Same goes for all classes -> Embus for Sorc , Stun pets for melee . lvl Mermaid or whatever for any class with DoT = 2k damage/2s ...

Raids : Most people use Embus (including me) to get geared so after this they will be able to have fun making Dungeon the right way without ishoping like hell ... But in fact their is absolutly no joy to do this that way. i was asthonished as Raid leader to see people pming me with Embus can join? and I had to ask for class ...most raid goes with a minimum of 7-8 embus which give bosses absolutly no chance ... This is pretty wrong.

what is pretty wrong also are raids with no healers - no tank just 6-7 DPS ... this is really pretty sad

I would like "offensive pets" to have a really higher chance to miss bosses as for now it looks like the pet got exactly the player hit rate = pump it hard give 100% chance or so. it would be nice if there was an immunity not only on frost/stun but also other status and in plus : -30% (or so) damages en bosses.

So people will remember about moving away from aoe, tanking and healing skills

Edited by Mounie, 10 October 2013 - 03:40 AM.

#180 raela

raela

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 784 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:55 AM

Regarding with the Colesseum, disable pets for fair games.

About raid, if you will disable pets during raids, what will be the use of pets?

If you will increase pet's cooldown, how about those who paid dollars for buying DNA boxes, just to decrease the cooldown of pets. It will be much better to disable embus' bug skills which boss in raids cant attack, try giving embus' another skills effect, like ankle snare which player/mobs can't move but attacks are still available.

People don't want pets completely out of raids, for the most part - the major push is to make all pet CC skills not work on bosses. Fun fact, mobs can still attack when frozen - people just make sure highest threat is ranged, so that they are out of range of the boss.

..though there'd still be OP heal pets, not having CC would go a LONG way.

#181 rxsprer

rxsprer

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:44 PM

Hello everyone, 

We are aware that there are certain concerns regarding the Monster Collection, specifically in the use of pets in raids and Colosseum. We understand that Colosseum is not balanced, and the use of pets can further exacerbate the problem. Also, pets in dungeons and raids being used in place of tanks and healers is not an intended feature of pets.

Zanbee, I think they meant the Embus pet being a better and more obedient party member than a healer or a tank -- BUT NOT THE BUFF PETS!!!

MOST OF THE PET SPECTRUM ARE BUFF PETS!!

YOU GUYS SOLD US RANDOM DNA BOXES

-- MOST OF THEM GAVE BUFF PETS!!!

THIS IS NOTHING TO YOU. BUT LOOKING AT MY HISTORY ON KAFRA PURCHASES AND WAKING UP TO A PATCH LIKE THIS. I KINDA DON'T KNOW HOW I FEEL..

i know the admins won't even respond to this..

this feels like a runaway-transaction and i was merely along the way.

but hey, it really was great while it lasted. gg..

#182 Splendens

Splendens

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 450 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:30 PM

The buff pet disabling was an error that came along with a temporary fix to a hack/exploit/idk where people were getting monster buffs such as the glutton fabre defense buff.  It was an unintended side effect.

Chill.

#183 Jimaras08

Jimaras08

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 01:36 AM

Cry me a river p2w boys. You should prepair playing this game without pets at all ;)

Edited by Jimaras08, 11 October 2013 - 02:13 AM.

#184 elvenne

elvenne

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 427 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 10:36 AM

Okay, I think it's taking too long.

How about WP disabling stun pets altogether until Gravity decides to fix pet CC working on bosses?

#185 Splendens

Splendens

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 450 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 12:10 PM

Enough people are flipping out about the accidental temporary buff pet disabling.  There's really no good solution to this.

I suspect that this means it'll take a very long time to fix, because no matter what is proposed or implemented I'm sure there'll be a lot of backlash.

Which is really disappointing to me, since I main a FS priest.  Pets have completely destroyed tanks and healers.

1. DPS says tanks aren't necessary
  2. With no tank, healing generates the most aggro
  3. Priest constantly needs to be rescued and becomes more of an inconvenience than a help

I can just not heal since pets can heal more/faster/over a larger area without needing to be rescued, but I didn't spend all this time on a FS priest to spam level 1 holy light in raids.

This is honestly the most discouraging, demoralizing, and game-breaking thing I've seen happen in this game, and that's saying a lot considering I've been around since shortly after the SEA server opened to the public.

#186 mysticalre

mysticalre

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 837 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 12:19 PM

healing pets like ramort/assassin elder also don't get bugged with raid windows, characters disappearing, chars underground, etc... pets > support :P

#187 wakkyz

wakkyz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:32 PM

i love how zanbee tells us to discuss this pet problem, giving us hope that this will get fixed..but does not give us ANY UPDATE FOR HALF A MONTH and unpins it hoping it'll go stale and and get ignored like all the other problems we got on this server.  Good job zanbee

#188 2534130520102140553

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:44 PM

Whoooops, almost let this topic slide out of sight.  Don't worry GMs, I'll salvage it for you. : D

Regarding Monster DNA indeed.  We've discussed this to oblivion but Gravity clearly isn't going to be taking action anytime soon, whether it's because that was the plan in the first place or because the damage is already done.  However, while I myself have abused the Embus "feature" and secured my OP gear, I really do want to go back someday and experience the raids as they were meant to be experienced.  As legit pugs are extremely hard to come by, that'll either be until my guild is big enough to have enough people spend time practicing such things, or until Embus/Eremes/etc are fixed.  Frankly I hope for the latter.

#189 ChopChopz

ChopChopz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:18 PM

i love how zanbee tells us to discuss this pet problem, giving us hope that this will get fixed..but does not give us ANY UPDATE FOR HALF A MONTH and unpins it hoping it'll go stale and and get ignored like all the other problems we got on this server.  Good job zanbee

We should be proud that we have a great politician managing our community.

Edited by ChopChopz, 14 October 2013 - 02:26 PM.

#190 Bestie

Bestie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 937 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:47 PM

She does that to a good number of issues that they wish to 'sweep under the rug' - after awhile it will also get locked.

#191 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:38 PM

She does that to a good number of issues that they wish to 'sweep under the rug' - after awhile it will also get locked.

What can they do? As far as I know, the CMs aren't exactly allowed to badmouth the Devs in any way, shape, or form. If it's a kRO Dev decision, then they can't exactly place blame on the kRO Devs even if it is to blame on the kRO Devs. Their only option is to sweep these things under the rug. Not that that is a good thing in any way, shape, or form. Then again, everyone's to blame when it comes to this game going downhill like RO1 is.

1) The kRO Devs for not taking action to better the game in light of imbalances, extraordinarily crippling bugs, and severe lack of consideration for their consumer base's feedback on things both positive and negative. At this point, they just only look at the money and not at the well-being of their playerbase. This is after having watched over this game since its beta stages.

2) WP? Our CMs are doing a great job. They really are. I can't say the same for the GMs. They aren't doing their job to deter bug exploit and hack abusers. Not taking action to punish those who severely break the rules to gain an upper hand in the game is basically part of the reason we're seeing a rise in immoral activity. Lack of punishment gives little reason for anyone in the community to stay legit, because why bother? Barely anyone is going to get punished for it. If they do, it's not going to be permanent. It's just a slap on the wrist. Part of this can be blamed on the kRO Devs for not fixing things so it doesn't happen again though, but this is too much to ask for. Exploits will always crop up in any game. The CMs may get numbers of the population saying that it's just about the same, but are you looking into it any deeper than that? What about the veterans that left and replaced by newer prospective players? Those newer players will also eventually leave in light of the health of the game once they get wind of it as well. In fact, a lot of the legit players leave in the face of injustice upon WP's inaction on providing punishments to those who severely break the rules of the game. That brings me to the next point:

3) The community! This quality community continues to spend money on things they know will break the game. They continue to abuse bugs the moment they see it pop up. They continue to take advantage of it and place blame on others, even though part of the blame should be on themselves as well. You can blame it on lack of awareness, but some of these things are pretty blatantly obvious. Where are all the good guys like me who try to fight it off? There's still plenty of legit players playing. Don't say everyone is doing it. Either case, it's highly disappointing that the community is fighting among each other, but it's worse that there's such a high number of players who would abuse bugs, exploits, and hacks to get above and beyond. And then when they get bored they go off to another game. Is this healthy for the game? No!

A game's downfall is basically an extreme combination of the above 3 scenarios. This is not the way to go.

Edited by GuardianTK, 14 October 2013 - 08:40 PM.

#192 Bestie

Bestie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 937 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:06 PM

I def don't put any blame for whats going on with the game on Zanbee - shes probly told to  unpin / lock threads  and such.  no powers to change the problems in the game, yet she has the unfortunate job of getting the face of hate so the rest of the people in charge don't feel the heat.  Doesn't change whats happening to the games or the topics about it.

I do not envy her job tho :<    must be hella frustrating, really.

#193 2534130520102140553

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:17 AM

So this topic is a Sin in hiding, and this is me using "detect" on it. : D

Making pets not CC and such is relatively simple, a gigantic number of solutions have been proposed.  At this point, we must assume the Devs have the tools to change the pet system to whatever the hell they want but aren't.  Whether the reason be that they intend to keep the pet system this way, or because they can't decide on a way to fix it without causing a commotion/losing money etc, is up to speculation.

#194 Vanillarox

Vanillarox

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 224 posts
  • LocationSomewhere on a train.

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:31 PM

I don't quite get the sympathy here.

These people are paid a salary to do their jobs. Why should we feel especially bad if a certain CM or GM is taking the heat? It must be frustrating for them, but it is frustrating for the players as well who have devoted time and in some cases (not so much anymore) money into this game and want it to succeed.

We, the players, are given next to no communication about any issues. We get our topics locked with our valid discussions in said topic swept away all the while told to take it to another topic (which is already a mess). We deal with bugs for months on end, poor class balancing and overpowered bosses that require P2W items to clear successfully. (Someone please go show me a video of AoD H being cleared without explorer pots, grahams pots, VIP, Pump It Up Hard pills and pets). We still stick around because we still have faith in this game (whatever is left). This Monster DNA issues is a massive problem, but at the same time it generates a lot of revenue. The end game is pets. Why farm when you can buy a box that has a darn good chance of getting a rank 4-5 pet?

There is a reason why this topic was created on September 27th and jack all has been done since then. (How many patches have came and went since then?)

Opening post should be changed from "We are currently actively communicating with the developers regarding these situations." to "We are rolling in some much money that we seemed to have misplaced the @#$! we were supposed to be giving."

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users