Forging and Upgrading improvement-feedback needed. - Foundry Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Forging and Upgrading improvement-feedback needed.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
24 replies to this topic

#1 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:57 AM

Improvements for Item Forging: 

-Remove most of the zeny value of Coal

-Mini furnaces zeny cost to 25z and weight reduced

-Sell hammers in more than single quantity

-NPC to sell coal for a moderate prize

• The goal is to allow iron ore to become more iron easily and convert iron into steel

-The long term goal of the project is to try to change recipes of forged items to make it more viable. 

Upgrader update: 

-When upgrading with Enriched stones, the NPC will give an automatic second attempt if the first fails. Only if the second attempt fails will the equipment break, effectively giving you a better chance at success.

#2 azertygf

azertygf

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 688 posts
  • LocationFrance
  • Server:RE:START

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:03 AM

LOL

2x 30% chance to get a +9 items

and for the +9 to +10 it still 10%?

Btw if you make Coal npc sellable the weapon craft probably cost no zeny 1-2M max, no one craft actually because no new player for buy new weapon. But with your system and infinite steel you help only for Barricade in SE. All other side of this are bad.

Edited by azertygf, 30 September 2013 - 10:37 AM.

#3 Susan

Susan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1024 posts
  • Server:ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:52 AM

problem with forging is if you are really low level, you can't afford them,

and once you can afford them, you dont want them anymore.

i think if coal is purchasable then iron will go up instead...

it would help more if you reduce the cost for the weapons,

especially those weapons that dont have the highest atk (buster, saber, finger, hallberd etc) - they are expensive to make, totally useless

maybe if you could add a dmg or exp bonus for certain weapons depending on player level....

EDIT

star crumb and elemental stones (rough wind) are super expensive and rare atm. add them as reward for quests! (maybe daily repeatables)

Edited by Susan, 05 October 2013 - 01:57 PM.

#4 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:54 AM

Upgrader update: 

-When upgrading with Enriched stones, the NPC will give an automatic second attempt if the first fails. Only if the second attempt fails will the equipment break, effectively giving you a better chance at success.

Wait wait, is this for enriched hammer? if so, No. 

wait, nvm, i thought it was renewal server. I'm sorry. Please delete this. *embarrassed* 

Edited by CharAznable, 30 September 2013 - 11:55 AM.

#5 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:24 PM

fix for forging : Make forged weapons desirable. They are not.

Fix for upgrading : meh. Make that an event thing. The population is so small that the market will saturate if you reduce the chance of gear to break in normal ways.

#6 Johnzor

Johnzor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2151 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:37 PM

If it's an event thing, people will just hoard stuff and only upgrade when it comes back, like enriched hammer in renewal. Doesn't really change much. A couple of people will just hoard a bunch and make money when the event is gone. I don't even play classic anymore, but doing the math, you can make a +9 item with about 6 breaks. Still better than renewal where nothing breaks. Just means that all the +7 items people are using are going to become +9.

+4 to +5 is 99%

+5 to +6 is 84%

+6 to +7 is 84%

+7 to +8 is 51%

+8 to +9 is 51%

#7 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:37 PM

oh ya plz no

#8 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:58 PM

Upgrader update: 

u r funny..

#9 Humbelum

Humbelum

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 400 posts
  • LocationMade in Germany
  • Server:euRO->fRO->iRO Classic

Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:18 AM

problem with forging is if you are really low level, you can't afford them,

and once you can afford them, you dont want them anymore.

thats the problem. They should be accessable for low levels/poor ppl

E:

Forgot to say sth about the upgrading idea: please no, enriched elus are still fine.

Edited by Humbelum, 01 October 2013 - 10:19 AM.

#10 c00las

c00las

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:22 PM

Make Coal And Iron Buyable via NPC Forging is so dead only few like myself willing to forge items

#11 c00las

c00las

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:02 PM

Improvements for Item Forging:

-Remove most of the zeny value of Coal

-Mini furnaces zeny cost to 25z and weight reduced

-Sell hammers in more than single quantity

-NPC to sell coal for a moderate prize

• The goal is to allow iron ore to become more iron easily and convert iron into steel

-The long term goal of the project is to try to change recipes of forged items to make it more viable.

Upgrader update:

I know how busy u guys are but when are we going to up date forge recipe I mean some recipe is so hard to hunt them hopefully it will get fix soon thanks

#12 Melkor

Melkor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 06:33 PM

You know what would REALLY make forging beneficial/useful?  If it could somehow compete power-wise with other gear.  

Why would anyone use a very very strong elemental ANYTHING instead of BG gear or just about anything with a slot?

#13 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:54 PM

elemental weapons are good for bots bro

#14 c00las

c00las

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:07 PM

well its just for fun for me since  all my toons are 90+++ all people has there own unique style of playing I bet  all the things u doing right now ive done it before u even play ragnarok... back then I haven't chance to make a forger since its very hard to lvl no 3xbm, no vip, rarely 2x event etc etc.... now if u know wat I mean im just doing that I haven't done more than a decade playing this game that way I wont get bored when I logged in...

Edited by c00las, 19 October 2013 - 09:08 PM.

#15 Susan

Susan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1024 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:53 PM

people (new players) still want ele weapons but it's hard to hunt the required steel, iron, ori and rough wind for them

these items should be dealt out by repeatable quests or just have drops increased (like alligator ti -> 1roughwind each)

#16 HansLowell

HansLowell

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 485 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:49 AM

at same time: --> I think ranked BS should give additionnal effects on weapons and not just the 10 dmg ignore def / flee. Which is not really useful.

give some reason to BS to rank. Since they have to create and put the weapons +10 to get rank points, you could add extra atk value to weapons per upgrade once its +10. If thats possible. you could give like an extra 30 atk for lvl 1 weapon. 50 atk for lvl 2. 75 for lvl 3, and 100 for lvl 4. Or either give a +1% overall damage per upgrade. 

changing recipe would be good or even adding recipes for other kind of weapons. As for ele weapons maybe adding some extra damage for each element would be nice. Maybe giving like a +15% damage against water monster for an enchanted water weapon. And Star Crumb could add a 5% overall damage and 10 atk.

#17 EtNox

EtNox

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 291 posts
  • Server:euRo -> fRo -> Classic

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:29 AM

at same time: --> I think ranked BS should give additionnal effects on weapons and not just the 10 dmg ignore def / flee. Which is not really useful.

give some reason to BS to rank. Since they have to create and put the weapons +10 to get rank points, you could add extra atk value to weapons per upgrade once its +10. If thats possible. you could give like an extra 30 atk for lvl 1 weapon. 50 atk for lvl 2. 75 for lvl 3, and 100 for lvl 4. Or either give a +1% overall damage per upgrade. 

changing recipe would be good or even adding recipes for other kind of weapons. As for ele weapons maybe adding some extra damage for each element would be nice. Maybe giving like a +15% damage against water monster for an enchanted water weapon. And Star Crumb could add a 5% overall damage and 10 atk.

Uhm - no.

Elemental Weapons are not supposed to be endgame lvling gear. They are a cheap, easy to access weaponry useful for newer players. Nothing more, nothing less, replacing them asap with carded gear and endow is always a goal to look for.

The current problem are the tons of required mats to forge some stuff, but making them npc-able is also stupid.

#18 AllyBB

AllyBB

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 07:50 PM

I break everything so huge yes for myself on the enriched ore change...and no for everyone else who doesn't have my terrible luck. Seems to be pretty easy for a lot of people to +7 armors for example. Higher than that should be a luxury item and shouldn't be easy.

How about giving forgers the ability to make some kind of consumable that scales with the rank list so there's consistent demand for forger items and more desire to compete for rank.

#19 c00las

c00las

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:10 PM

Need to update recipe n boost vvs weapon like +30 atk that would desirable items..

#20 RonSilver

RonSilver

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 644 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:49 AM

nerfing the forging system could be a good thing.

but please don't mess up with the upgrading system. it's just fine as it is.

#21 Susan

Susan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1024 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 12:29 PM

steel and ori are still being used for woe 2

adding coal to npc only made iron go up by 10x

we desperately need iron/iron ore  and ori/rough ori to be added to woe supplie box, or a way to acquire a huge chunk (it can take over 2500 iron for making ONE ele weapon, it can take over 100 ori for making ONE ele weapon)

i have enough zeny to buy for reasonable prices,

but i have to say no to people asking me for forging requests,

because there is no way to buy / acquire the items.

Edited by Susan, 27 November 2013 - 05:49 AM.

#22 Jaffer

Jaffer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1349 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 07:01 AM

How about this, for Forging.

Forging gear needs to be inferior to a similar carded/endowed item.

So, would it be possible to change the effect of every Very to +10% damage?

So Elemental Weapon could have +20% damage (if it was VVS), so for a weapon like VVS Wind Katana it would be really inferior to a 4x carded endowed weapon, and for VVS Wind Claymore it would still be slightly inferior (since Claymore gets 2 slots).

It would NOT replace perfect gears, but could be a vastly cheaper alternative to certain situations (like needing Flora Cards which are hella expensive).

Holy/Dark weapons from the Forging System?  Those could be really popular.

For top 10 ranked, increasing it to 15% would still keep it inferior but would make them quite a bit better than their 10% counterparts.

Also I like this topic number: 133337-forging-and-upgrading-improvement-feedback-needed

#23 stockings

stockings

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 04:17 AM

--

Edited by stockings, 29 November 2013 - 07:23 AM.

#24 c00las

c00las

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 10:39 AM

Oda update forging pls

#25 StevieMac

StevieMac

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 11:44 PM

Hey. Sorry, I'm tired so I didn't read most of the comments. THE upgrading issue is... Treasure drops are giving a LOT of gears, and most of them are not even worth upgrading anymore. When I was guild leader I left them to rot in my alt's K storage. My first and only solution for this was to give them to my guildie for him to upgrade. He sold the gears that made it to +7, and i let him keep half the z from vending, and gave him extra z for upgrading expenses. This worked for a while and made hundreds of mils of zeny for our guild. He's bored of it now because nobody buys and im to lazy to do it myself XD. I'm in a new guild now and suggested the same idea to the guild leader. He tried upgrading them himself i think, and he said the +7 gears are not worth the upgrading cost. We're almost doing it for free because eluniums are so expensive. Our storage is overflowing with gears again and were making more alt accounts to hold them. I heard there was another guildleader in classic with 13 accounts for the same reason (13!! O_O). A solution for this (imo) is to increase the drop rate of eluniums in treasure boxes, (or make the treasure boxes drop boxes of 10 elus XD) This way bots won't have all the elu, and guildleaders can upgrade their garbage gears and sell full sets of +7 slotted stuff to every noob in the server. *-*

Edited by StevieMac, 27 November 2013 - 11:47 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users