Tiki Tuesday Question Round Up 10-8-2013 - Bahooka Tiki Lounge - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Tiki Tuesday Question Round Up 10-8-2013

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
41 replies to this topic

#1 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:39 AM

If you have questions about RO that you would like to ask during our weekly maintenance chat show, please ask them here and Oda will try get some answers from the rest of the team for the next broadcast. That way he will have more time to request information and get more complete information before the show starts!

Questions answered during the live stream: 

Facekiller:

Q: can we PLEASE get new alt colors for Kagerou/Oboro sooner than later... seems like a trivial thing but its kinda annoying having everybody look essentially the same when every other class has definite color choices

A: We can request these again.

Xellie

Q: Are there plans for any future PVP tournaments usrc style for classic?

A: Yes, we are thinking of doing best of class style fights.

Frike

Q: Is there any chance that we get the KRO Immune shield soon?

A: We can request it.

ilovemilk

Q: How soon do you think we'll be able to get over 99,990,000 vend limit?

A: It depends on what update this was tied to.

michaeleeli

Q: When will Scaraba nightmare update come (along with the new cards), as it was supposed to come sometime with the eclage update?

A: I am not sure if this is the same update. But watch our website and forums this month.

Tofu

Q: When are we getting Inubashiri's other new hats? As well as the accessories for the combo. And will there be an ingame method to obtaining them, outside of the kafra shop?

A: We are still having to hammer our the details with kRO

waka

Q: obligatory question on item window resize option...   if it has been answered please ignore.

A: We need more details about this to make an answer.

Themes

Q: What are your thoughts/ideas/plans for the rest of the 13.2 content for Classic. Moscovia, Satan Morroc, Sealed Shrine, New World (and Nidhoggur) and KVM are all missing right now. I know you dont plan on dumping all of this in this instant. But I'd like to hear what you think and how you think these will fit into the server over the next 1-12 months.

A: Please watch the foundry and Oda's update threads. I believe Moscovia is next on our update list. 

Kieri

Q: You mentioned before about changes happening to battle grounds on renewal? What is the progress of these changes to get battlegrounds more active because I honestly wish it was active again as it quite enjoyable.

A: Which battle grounds do we need to revisit? I know we touch tierra and Flavius at some point in the last year.

huad

Q: we used to have conversion of MVP drops to eden merit badges. any chance that would come back? or some other way to make MVP drops more valuable?

A: If we do come back the exchange rates will have to be much less generous.

Nombus

Q: Any fixes coming to PvP besides balance in the foreseeable future:

A: What would you like to see? For renewal we can project feedback to kRO on the direction we would like things to take. Which they will consider.

Tofu

Q: Can we get some kind of change to the Mechanic skill Suicide Destruction to balance the WoE scene? Every guild is bypassing the cooldown on SD by having the people playing mechanics play multiple mechanics, and they simply rotate between them. WoE is becoming less and less fun because of this. WoE has become less about strategy/skill, and more about throwing more mechanics at the problem.

A: What would you suggest?

ZeroTigress

Q: Will kRO ever allow us to create male AND female characters on the same account?

A: We can ask. But it is ultimately their call.

foxySox

Q: Is there any sort of tentative date when we'll be seeing the 160 update come? I want the yellow auraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

A: Mayyyyyyyybe next year it is not on the current schedule and we several updates to go through before we get it.

Themes

Q: What are your thoughts on the current issue with the seal quests on Classic.

A: Watch the foundry.. we have... planssssss-s-s-s... my precious.

Razzez

Q: Are you going to do anything, about raising the reset level, on the Hypnotist, from 40-100? What about making a way for us to earn EMB's besides from doing Gramp's TI's?

A: These still have to be discussed internally. They may not acctually happen.

Xellie

Q: Reset Alchemist list on Classic? We've only had 1 since the server opened and it was SUPPOSED to be quarterly. Now I'm no maths expert, but 1 year/quarterly = 4x a year.

A: End of the month on the 30th

Oda's Tiki Tuesday Recipe: 

Chief Lapu Lapu (thanks to Beachbum Berry's IPhone APP)

3 oz orange juice

2 oz fresh squeezed lemon juice

1 oz simple syrup (or sub 3/4 oz agave syrup)

1 oz passion fruit syrup

1.5oz dark Jamaican rum

1.5oz light Puerto Rican rum

Shake with ice cubes and have that go into a large snifter. Add ice to fill. 

Chief-Lapu-Lapu.jpg

enjoy responsibly!

#2 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:49 AM

can we PLEASE get new alt colors for Kagerou/Oboro sooner than later... seems like a trivial thing but its kinda annoying having everybody look essentially the same when every other class has definite color choices

#3 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:55 AM

About 7 years ago I wrote in asking for the benches in Prontera to be made able to be sat on. I was told that the project was being forwarded but the benches still do not work. Can you please  update me on the progress of this?

Are there plans for any future PVP tournaments usrc style for classic?

#4 Frike

Frike

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:59 AM

Is there any chance that we get the KRO Immune shield soon?

#5 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:03 AM

About 7 years ago I wrote in asking for the benches in Prontera to be made able to be sat on. I was told that the project was being forwarded but the benches still do not work. Can you please  update me on the progress of this?

Are there plans for any future PVP tournaments usrc style for classic?

Unfortunately the Association of Buttcape Tailors has lobbied that the benches not be made usable. They fear that buttcape sales would drop like a stone if adventurer's no longer wore them out on the pavement.

#6 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:08 AM

^ LOL

#7 ilovemilk

ilovemilk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3452 posts
  • LocationMilky Way
  • Server:Offline

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:10 AM

How soon do you think we'll be able to get over 99,990,000 vend limit?

#8 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:21 AM

Unfortunately the Association of Buttcape Tailors has lobbied that the benches not be made usable. They fear that buttcape sales would drop like a stone if adventurer's no longer wore them out on the pavement.

Well then, mind letting me know where to find the ABT? I'll show them something about stones and dropping.

#9 michaeleeli

michaeleeli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2784 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil/Chaos

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:12 PM

When will Scaraba nightmare update come (along with the new cards), as it was supposed to come sometime with the eclage update?

Oh yes and how is the look into Eira's Silent Breeze since it is fixed but still disabled on most maps?

Edited by michaeleeli, 04 October 2013 - 01:46 PM.

#10 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 3287 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:31 PM

When are we getting Inubashiri's other new hats? As well as the accessories for the combo. And will there be an ingame method to obtaining them, outside of the kafra shop?

#11 waka

waka

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 498 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 03:18 PM

obligatory question on item window resize option...   if it has been answered please ignore.

#12 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 03:20 PM

What are your thoughts/ideas/plans for the rest of the 13.2 content for Classic. Moscovia, Satan Morroc, Sealed Shrine, New World (and Nidhoggur) and KVM are all missing right now. I know you dont plan on dumping all of this in this instant. But I'd like to hear what you think and how you think these will fit into the server over the next 1-12 months.

#13 Kieri

Kieri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2995 posts
  • Server:Nothing.

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:55 AM

You mentioned before about changes happening to battle grounds on renewal? What is the progress of these changes to get battlegrounds more active because I honestly wish it was active again as it quite enjoyable. 

#14 RoyalHeritage

RoyalHeritage

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1459 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:25 AM

New Cards update, Kro Immune Shield, fix the inventory and Blind Bugs. And All these stuffs ---> http://forums.warppo...ward-to-thread/

#15 huad

huad

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 697 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 05:21 AM

we used to have conversion of MVP drops to eden merit badges. any chance that would come back? or some other way to make MVP drops more valuable?

if not eden merit badges, then how about adding more MVP stuff to the guild investment npc. right now it only takes some misc MVP drops. http://irowiki.org/w...vestment_System

#16 Nombus

Nombus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 374 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:04 AM

Retired player: 

Any fixes coming to PvP besides balance in the foreseeable future:

1. WoE where people do not wander aimlessly (looking for a pointless fight) for 1h 45 mins and culminate in a serious 15 min battle if lucky (a.k.a. yawnfest).

2. KvM where one spends more time waiting for a cooldown,bugs to clear, and people to show than battle.

#17 todamnhigh

todamnhigh

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:24 PM

anyway you can put vip buffer in inns? also a kafra storage in the inns as well, but only for vip people?

#18 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:42 PM

we used to have conversion of MVP drops to eden merit badges. any chance that would come back? or some other way to make MVP drops more valuable?

if not eden merit badges, then how about adding more MVP stuff to the guild investment npc. right now it only takes some misc MVP drops. http://irowiki.org/w...vestment_System

or using MVP drops to summon MVPs via the Summoner.... make MVPs summonable by using X amount of a certain MVP drop....

#19 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 3287 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 08:03 PM

Can we get some kind of change to the Mechanic skill Suicide Destruction to balance the WoE scene?

Every guild is bypassing the cooldown on SD by having the people playing mechanics play multiple mechanics, and they simply rotate between them. WoE is becoming less and less fun because of this. WoE has become less about strategy/skill, and more about throwing more mechanics at the problem.

#20 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 05 October 2013 - 10:40 PM

Will kRO ever allow us to create male AND female characters on the same account?

#21 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 02:15 AM

Can we get some kind of change to the Mechanic skill Suicide Destruction to balance the WoE scene?

Every guild is bypassing the cooldown on SD by having the people playing mechanics play multiple mechanics, and they simply rotate between them. WoE is becoming less and less fun because of this. WoE has become less about strategy/skill, and more about throwing more mechanics at the problem.

I can only imagine how fun woe will be with these GH shoes that will allow for instant, or almost instant cast SD.

Makes me wonder if the skill works the same in kRO? it's extremely fast with sacrament, paired with lag and in a castle with a lot of people must be hard to prevent it. I mean you can see guilds alting like 20 mech, you could easily afford to throw 5 SD to blow up everybody at once and not have to worry about cooldowns ever. But what do players know about balance anyways, this topic has been avoided since that thread " suggestions for rebalancing of skills" ages ago, nothing is fixed till it's heavily abused.

#22 foxySox

foxySox

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1373 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:36 AM

Is there any sort of tentative date when we'll be seeing the 160 update come? I want the yellow auraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

#23 Kieri

Kieri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2995 posts
  • Server:Nothing.

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:52 AM

Is there any sort of tentative date when we'll be seeing the 160 update come? I want the yellow auraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Piss aura!

#24 davdbg

davdbg

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 691 posts
  • Server:chaos and classic(?)

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:14 PM

Piss aura!

/aura

#25 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:27 PM

Piss mist.

/effect.

Edited by Toxn, 06 October 2013 - 06:28 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users