Increase Crit Damage OR Increase Base Damage? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Increase Crit Damage OR Increase Base Damage?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 XIII_Eraser

XIII_Eraser

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1448 posts
  • LocationBehind You
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:17 PM

What would be better to increase damage, Increasing Critical Damage or Increasing Base Damage? I'm contemplating on whether to use 2 Aunoe cards or 2 Abysmal Knight cards for MVPing using crits which one is better?

#2 YangeWenli

YangeWenli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2404 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:24 PM

What im reading from these two cards is that one(Aunoe) INCREASE THE BASE CRIT FORMULA BY 20% and the other (ABYSMAL KNIGHT) ADD 20% TO BASE CRIT if that is so then i would say aunoe

Arrow storm is strong right now cause WWS increases base dmg by 50% not cause it add 50% to base

I am not a expert at this game and its formula just throwing in my 2cents if any experienced guy can help will be very welcomed.

#3 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 3287 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:49 PM

Adding to crit damage (if you crit often enough) would add more damage overall in most cases.

Abysmal Knight cards add 25% atk each. But that's only 25% of your equip atk. So it will be LESS than a 25% increase in damage. I usually estimate it at like 65% of the value (a while back, hydras were adding about 13% total damage. But gear has changed since then). This means you're looking at about a 17% increase in damage.

Increasing crit damage by 20% increases your full damage by 20%.

This all really depends on your gear. But the higher your equip atk is compared to your status atk, the better AK cards and the like become.

#4 Agahim

Agahim

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1036 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:22 AM

if you have very high crit, then aunoe is better than abysmal knight. if you plan to do your main damage with critical attacks.

as mentioned racial aswell as size cards contribute to your equipment attack only. so if you have lets say... 300 atk in the status screen you get a 75atk bonus to MVPs with abysmal.

aunoe card damage bonus goes to the final crit value. so it includes your equipment damage aswell as damage gained from strength and other sources. so the damage gain from aunoe is alot higher provided you have nearly 100% crit chance.

#5 XIII_Eraser

XIII_Eraser

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1448 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 05 October 2013 - 09:11 AM

Adding to crit damage (if you crit often enough) would add more damage overall in most cases.

Abysmal Knight cards add 25% atk each. But that's only 25% of your equip atk. So it will be LESS than a 25% increase in damage. I usually estimate it at like 65% of the value (a while back, hydras were adding about 13% total damage. But gear has changed since then). This means you're looking at about a 17% increase in damage.

Increasing crit damage by 20% increases your full damage by 20%.

This all really depends on your gear. But the higher your equip atk is compared to your status atk, the better AK cards and the like become.

Since you're saying the AK card will roughly add 17% to my damage and the higher my equip attack is compared to my status attack the better the AK card becomes, does that mean the 17% can maybe increase over 20% but not over 25% making it better than the aunoe?

#6 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• 3287 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 09:18 AM

Yeah its possible. It might take quite a bit of equip atk though. Higher upgrades, higher base weapon atk, and buffs like striking and odins blessing will all help it approach that 25%.

#7 XIII_Eraser

XIII_Eraser

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1448 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 05 October 2013 - 09:23 AM

Okay thanks for the response Tofu and Agahim. From the looks of it I'll be using AK because Aunoe is not worth its price compared to what it can really do.

#8 smackthis

smackthis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 247 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:47 AM

Okay thanks for the response Tofu and Agahim. From the looks of it I'll be using AK because Aunoe is not worth its price compared to what it can really do.

on my brothers GX he uses a +14 KVM Jamanar it does some insane 39k crits  damage on Amon Ra  and other Demi that GX is a pure crit build if you wanted to use GX for mvping i would recomend getting a KVM weapon due to it also procs 193 Aspd. idk its up to you if you wanna do that but i would Recomend gettting a KVM over for GX

#9 XIII_Eraser

XIII_Eraser

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1448 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 05 October 2013 - 05:35 PM

on my brothers GX he uses a +14 KVM Jamanar it does some insane 39k crits  damage on Amon Ra  and other Demi that GX is a pure crit build if you wanted to use GX for mvping i would recomend getting a KVM weapon due to it also procs 193 Aspd. idk its up to you if you wanna do that but i would Recomend gettting a KVM over for GX

Already have a +12 kvm jamadhar and it works fine for MvPing. I just wanted to look for a better MVPing weapon. I went with my plan with the 2 AK Chakram+Assassin Glove and it has outdamaged the kvm against non demihuman MVPs only drawback that I see is that I can't max aspd also since +7 chakram outdamages +12 KvM I'd like to see how much more damage I can do with the chakram +9 or +12.

#10 aznspikey

aznspikey

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1638 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:45 PM

Already have a +12 kvm jamadhar and it works fine for MvPing. I just wanted to look for a better MVPing weapon. I went with my plan with the 2 AK Chakram+Assassin Glove and it has outdamaged the kvm against non demihuman MVPs only drawback that I see is that I can't max aspd also since +7 chakram outdamages +12 KvM I'd like to see how much more damage I can do with the chakram +9 or +12.

:p_omg:

I've always wanted to test chakram/sin cuffs VS kvm but been focusing on my gene. If ur gonna go for chakram as ur main mvp weapon and have the money, go for +2 aspd on it to get closer to that 193 aspd.  :ani_slur:

#11 smackthis

smackthis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 247 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:21 PM

you can alwasy use a +7 dopping alice hat Lol

#12 XIII_Eraser

XIII_Eraser

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1448 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 06 October 2013 - 02:01 PM

:p_omg:

I've always wanted to test chakram/sin cuffs VS kvm but been focusing on my gene. If ur gonna go for chakram as ur main mvp weapon and have the money, go for +2 aspd on it to get closer to that 193 aspd.  :ani_slur:

Aspd +1 , +1 seems crazy I've never seen one myself so I just kept the FS6 Sharp 3 because since I don't have much luk I'll need as much crit I can get if I'm not wearing the sapha set and the FS6 because as tofu stated the more the atk of the weapon has the better the AK cards become.

#13 aznspikey

aznspikey

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1638 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:15 PM

Yea I would stick to FS or sharp too. I've only seen 2 +2 aspd and they're both in combat knives. And it took around 1-1.5b to make or soo I heard.

#14 XIII_Eraser

XIII_Eraser

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1448 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:21 PM

Yea I would stick to FS or sharp too. I've only seen 2 +2 aspd and they're both in combat knives. And it took around 1-1.5b to make or soo I heard.

Damn definitively not worth the 2 aspd.

#15 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• 3287 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:40 AM

Its a 0.9% chance at getting a single +1 aspd. You're more likely to get an MVP card than you are to get 2 +1 aspds on the same weapon.

#16 beaupoem

beaupoem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4239 posts
  • LocationMora

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:27 AM

T> 2x aspd+1 dagger of counter to any MVP card

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users