Malaysia/ Singapore RO - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 1 votes

Malaysia/ Singapore RO

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
109 replies to this topic

#26 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:55 PM

According to previous predictions, RO should have died years ago. Even the great Corgi King Noel's prediction was wrong. if he is wrong, i don't know what right is.

I was Noel's Prophet for 12/25/08

This game is like c0ckroach.

(I remembered someone said this before)

And that was me xP

#27 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:57 PM

I was actually wondering this too. They'd have to get all the data from the that RO version and somehow merge all their character info with our databases. My big question is what michael mentioned, all the gods/mvp cards/zeny. I assume it wont be taken away from them, and it shouldn't be, but hopefully it doesn't ruin our economy worse than it is.

#28 vnivni

vnivni

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 236 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:04 PM

How would the transfer process work? Are they updated the same as our server? Do they have some "special" items that only their server has that's coming? And what about the tons of gods/mvp/zeny and stuff

I assume at least the char lvs are preserved, if there're special items, not sure, maybe for them to discuss. Don't you already know their server version? gods mvp zeny transferred

#29 vnivni

vnivni

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:11 PM

I was actually wondering this too. They'd have to get all the data from the that RO version and somehow merge all their character info with our databases. My big question is what michael mentioned, all the gods/mvp cards/zeny. I assume it wont be taken away from them, and it shouldn't be, but hopefully it doesn't ruin our economy worse than it is.

eRO has alot more bots than iRO, I assume the economy is going to be worse if eRO is transfers here, but due to woe is in ~5- 7am, I'm not sure many/ most will come iRO

#30 Alicesaurus

Alicesaurus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:44 PM

The economy can be managed fine so long as checks and balances are put in place when merging. If anything it will be a very good outcome for both partys if mro accounts merge into iro.

I certainly hope mro and iro work together to save their playerbase, they have 10 years of history just like iro.

Euro ro was screwed by gravity, fro, legal technicallitys and a myrid of other factors but lets hope the will is there for mro and iro to work this out this time.

Anyone know the active population for mro's servers?

Edited by Alicesaurus, 06 October 2013 - 08:46 PM.

#31 vnivni

vnivni

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:56 PM

~3k

#32 stygionyx

stygionyx

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1463 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:56 PM

Even without transfer of account to iRO, mRO players would level very fast in iRO. They used to be hardcore players that level using normal maps. I wonder what they would think about our TI system for leveling (Holy cow! E-Z mode!)

#33 meowington

meowington

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 407 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:00 PM

Even without transfer of account to iRO, mRO players would level very fast in iRO. They used to be hardcore players that level using normal maps. I wonder what they would think about our TI system for leveling (Holy cow! E-Z mode!)

I came back to iRO with nothing. So I made a new account.

Leveling is so easy... I've been back for a bit over 3 months now and all my classes are 3rd job with 2 being much higher lvl'd

I'm use to "normal maps", I'm from the '03'-'08 era haha. They made this game pretty easy

#34 Jtanz

Jtanz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:10 PM

Well bad news for mRO and a good news for iRO?  :waddle: 

#35 Alicesaurus

Alicesaurus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:14 PM

Well bad news for mRO and a good news for iRO?  :waddle: 

If the cards are played right it can be a win-win? *IF*

#36 vnivni

vnivni

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:20 PM

Just hope no bots come to iro

#37 alibabu

alibabu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:18 PM

^this

#38 Izzy1

Izzy1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1793 posts
  • LocationU.K
  • Server:Chaos Renewal - Smokies

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:22 AM

aaaaaaaand it comes back to bots. there is never going to be a perfect MMORPG without bots. period. it appears that the GM team are doing their best with dealing with the bots, however, it will be an ongoing battle forevermore. It's something veteran players like myself have come to accept as part of our daily playing.

Reporting these bots DOES work. they DO get banned. they just won't tell you in an e-mail etc. remember the days of the old website where they used to have a banned list? At least back then we used to be able to tell when something had been done. (and when you got a ban/temp-ban) there was a reason next to it!

Perhaps this would be a nice re-addition to help clear the forums up a little and give re-assurance to those who send tickets in and such to feel as though their time spent reporting was justified.

Also, I apologize if this is in fact still in place, I have not seen it for a while nor took time to really investigate if it still exists!

Also, on a brighter note, I was trying to do something else at the same time, so my spelling was a bit... off. I tried to correct it..

This is what happened. lol.

3nyx.jpg

#39 Dukeares

Dukeares

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:22 AM

Wow my luck.. first day coming back to iro forum... after... 2 year... of Absentee and the Classic server.. now that Sound interesting..

Mmm mRo clossing?  by end of October... So they moving all the account here?   i wonder if my account  in mRo still exsisted when they tranfer it here..  i quit mRO in 2004...for IRO

Edit:

====

i quite mro because of the rampage of Bots, Zeny Player and abusive enviroment...*but that was like 9 year ago...

Edited by Dukeares, 07 October 2013 - 12:46 AM.

#40 Nero89

Nero89

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 833 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:37 AM

lol could you imagine being merged into kRO?! People there would be like OMFG a time warp into the past!!!

But still. Was mRO/sRO very popular?

AFAIK, mRO was the no. 1 thing back in its beta (2002, I guess?) until 2007. CS or RO2 doesn't even come close (well, among my secondary schools in my state, though)

Such a lovely years...I met and made quite alot of friends there who really nice. Glad I could still find some inside iRO now, though.

Still can't believe I punched my friend back then when he was mocking me when we PvPing on cybercafes on weekends..even our Principal banned the game cause of it, LOL!

#41 Nero89

Nero89

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 833 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:38 AM

Well, on the plus note, yeah, more Malaysians/Singaporeans into iRO!

Keep em coming~

#42 ilovemilk

ilovemilk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3452 posts
  • LocationMilky Way
  • Server:Offline

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:25 AM

Most online games can handle more than 10K users. Not sure why iRO is running on such crappy servers.

#43 syrena55

syrena55

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:45 AM

AFAIK RO1 will be on Steam soon. I think that could save iRO some time.  :p_smile:

#44 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:51 AM

Here's the official word regarding transfers:

They will be able to create accounts on our site and we will have a landing page redirecting from the mRO site, but we are not doing account, character or item transfers to our server.

Aww, at the very least allow them to transfer their characters. :(

#45 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Server:Silph Road

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:57 AM

I know.. :( Now I'm wondering if iRO ever closes in the future, and we are never going to be allowed to even transfer our character to other servers. :x (then again, don't know what other server we can transfer to xD )

#46 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:01 AM

I know.. :( Now I'm wondering if iRO ever closes in the future, and we are never going to be allowed to even transfer our character to other servers. :x (then again, don't know what other server we can transfer to xD )

I would think either kRO or jRO would be the last server standing if worse comes to worst.

#47 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:05 AM

Yeah kro and jro would, and they don't like english speaking people on their games, so we'd be pretty screwed.

And yeah I agree with zero, at least give them their chars, even if they get an item/zeny wipe. Alot of people have memories attached to the items they have, but even moreso to their characters.

I understand its complicated, but it could bring the population up here to at least give them Something rather than nothing.

#48 Baturiano

Baturiano

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 3058 posts
  • LocationToronto Canada
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:52 AM

I'd give them manuals to start off, it's really unfair to plunge them into our economy. However I am concerned about the number of items they're bringing with them. (as I did when the merge here happened). The conditions should be no MVP cards no WoE 1 gods but zenny (limited ofc). If they have 10 years in their book and were hardcore players I'm pretty sure they have accumulated more than us when it comes to God tiers.

Edited by Baturiano, 07 October 2013 - 11:52 AM.

#49 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:03 PM

We are going to be doing a "Jump Start Event" that reduces the amount of EXP needed to level through the early levels of the game for when we have the influx of new people so they will be able to get acclimated.

I would like if we could have people from our server willing to volunteer to greet/act as guides for new people. 

#50 Kieri

Kieri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2995 posts
  • Server:Nothing.

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:43 PM

I don't mind volunteering to do that, also so there is 0% chance of them being able to move characters over?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users