Malaysia/ Singapore RO - Page 5 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 1 votes

Malaysia/ Singapore RO

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
109 replies to this topic

#101 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 08 October 2013 - 11:15 PM

This is absolutely true, and I hate it.  I hate in-game walkthroughs and tutorials, especially in RPGs and MMOs.  It's insulting to my intelligence and it's destructive to the community.  If everything is spelled out for you right from the get-go, you have no incentive to explore your class and experiment with builds or talk to other, more experienced people for advice.  It's horrible.

But sadly that's how it is now. We are in an age where gaming has become mainstream and plagued with short-term mobile phone minigames. Whereas before dedicated gamers with boundless curiosity were the norm, they're now the minority in game developers' eyes.

I sort of agree with this too.. The original training grounds were nice.. It gave people a chance to be done with the first 10levels and can begin to explore the actual world of RO & meet new people.. Being stuck in the current novice place is so dark & lonely.. ^.^ I still think it's too big as a start up point..

I also liked how the old Training Grounds were separate from the world of RO, allowing newbies to test things out within the safety of its walls before taking on RO itself. It's too bad we didn't get anti-bot measures in place there until now. We'd probably have more newbies sticking around.

#102 syrena55

syrena55

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 05:25 AM

I also liked how the old Training Grounds were separate from the world of RO, allowing newbies to test things out within the safety of its walls before taking on RO itself. It's too bad we didn't get anti-bot measures in place there until now. We'd probably have more newbies sticking around.

I completely agree with this, Training Grounds were very useful in introducing monsters to newbies and safe/fast leveling before 1st jobs.

#103 xLoli

xLoli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1143 posts
  • LocationVirginia, U.S.
  • Server:Valkyrie > Chaos

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:22 AM

100% agree on this. I'm shocked I haven't seen more people trolling newbies since this was enacted. Plus, we could still DB at South Gate if it was on a different map than everyone else.... x3 I'd like to see the fun little quests and everything stay, but just on a different, inaccessible map to non-novices.

Edited by xLoli, 09 October 2013 - 11:36 AM.

#104 Dukeares

Dukeares

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:47 PM

Man, to be honest. The good times was Back then during in the open beta ep.1. Do any of you honestly remember how Prontera was like? People left right and centre, chatting talking and helping around..The Most fun part was when they implented the Party System and WOE Patch.. everyone was fumbling around , experimenting and having a fun time.

Eventhough back then mRO server is pretty much the lack of content (or relatively slow content update)  with other RO  Server or  the fact that the staff members do not interact much. It was full with exciment among the community to explore everthing. ( Not to mention fully abusing any "bug" that was found :p_hi: .

Or the fact that RO  back then doesn't have too much a "steep learning curve" , unless you count all the card output formulas. ... Comparing with today you need to...err..*scratches head* :questionmark:... and do "Research"  :heh:

I really miss the community back then During free Beta even thou...the grinding were too tedious :yawn: or that it get worst when you reach level 80.   We still were having a Good time partying and WOe .. Untill the quality of the gamers drop.. with the influt of "Bots" :p_sick: and rude player.*

The Daily embroilment in the drama of guild vs guild rivalry was horible and There were lots of real Money was used in game back in 2004 even up to 2012  EG =  http://forum.gamefli...62&extra=page=2  ( Rent Mode = RM$ )

but the typical Malaysian flame war and its attitude pissed me off and that's half of why I left RO for good .

IRO truly are Blessing for gamer ...even if it have its fair share of problem.. which is minimal*.

=======

The News that "data from the two services are not merge-able"  is pretty much a Good news for IRO.

but a Bad New for mRO player  ( especialy legitimate player memories ) and their hard works....This is very sad and might be heartbreaking to some

Edited by Dukeares, 09 October 2013 - 02:50 PM.

#105 NabiKo

NabiKo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 07:10 PM

We are going to be doing a "Jump Start Event" that reduces the amount of EXP needed to level through the early levels of the game for when we have the influx of new people so they will be able to get acclimated.

I would like if we could have people from our server willing to volunteer to greet/act as guides for new people. 

I happily volunteer my time. I'm on at odd hours due to being an American working in South Korea, but my weekends are (mostly) free. I've been playing since way back and don't mind offering help answering questions or even providing a bit of leveling assistance. Just let me know how/if I can help!

#106 LegOLess

LegOLess

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • Server:Iris > Ymir > Chaos

Posted 09 October 2013 - 07:45 PM

When the Oceania RO - oRO – Official server for Australia and New Zealand - server closed way back in 2007, it was one of the saddest days in my life, for all the effort put into building up my characters, the friends made, the guild rivalries established (Yeah! BC Fairies! Raffindale and the H.E.R.D. alliance is gonna get you suckas!....ah…good times..) and old school WOE BeatEmUp-fests (almost never saw a 1 shot back in the day). At the time of closure we didn’t know what would happen, but there was a small ray of light in the form of an iRO transfer, that was being planned.

The fact that Gravity was willing to take on the oRO population was a day I still remember, from a period of heartbreaking sadness, a new sense of excitement and joy followed, it was a chance to meet up with my online guild mates and continue to play the game I have become attached to.

We were given a transfer, with some restrictions on MVPs and Godlies, free name changes and got to pick a server to go to, I still remember our guild chose to go to the little Iris server and its friendly population that reminded us of oRO, all my potted and smithed gear changed names to “Made in Oceania”. Half of oRO went to Chaos for the serious WOE comp.

All the doom and gloomers, crying “Influx of Bots!, Influx of MVPs!, Influx of Godlies!, Poo poo to you! oRO gamers will break iRO!”…that never happened, we didn’t break iRO and amazingly I am still playing.

I think with proper balanced restrictions on the transfers, mRO/sRO transfers will actually bring in more positives then negatives, new adventurers and competition, a time of great sadness can be a time of joy for us all, to make new friends and maybe even see old friends.

With years of playing Ragnarok off and on, seeing friends come and go, with all the changes and mergers, the fun of beating up a 2D blocky sprite is still fun to me, I hope to keep playing for a long time, (still need to 150 my Maestro and Wanderer).

My server history oRO -> iRO Iris -> iRO Ymir -> iRO Chaos Renewal -> who knows?

Well if anyone from oRO still plays..G’day~! I hope you are still having fun~!

#107 Jun09

Jun09

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:18 AM

Hmm im ok with fellow SG/MY players as long the game stay fair with no godly eq transfer over.

I quit Mro/Ero for few reasons such as GMs tanking service, selling god items/cards to players by cash (someone has purchased before. The part time GM was fired and account ban only after he decided to own tons of castle in a day). And a epic announcement when humans player complain about bots. "As long as players pay for subscription, u are welcome to play." and that referred to botting... 

And now im in iRO after soooooo long by a friend intro. As he say better controlled by gm. Plus KS, KS bots can be reported. so i giving it a try and is better in here as players are friendly and as long bots dont KS im ok...

Mro/Ero....is a nightmare...  the KS rate in there is so bad that u need to KS bots for lvl as all the bots are KSing like no human players business.

And Yes im a legit and always a legit. Only a Legit player enjoy maximum fun of any games. >.<

#108 Sle3py

Sle3py

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:59 AM

Hey guys. New member here but I've been on Ragnarok online since 2004. I'm from Singapore and I just tried IRO chaos. 

The population is lower than what I expected, only 1.8k players. I expected the population to be higher since it combines several countries.

I honestly wonder if JRO and KRO has this amount of players as well. I'm hoping it will be higher.

iRO lags so much for me I can barely do anything. Its impossible for me to level at all and clicking any npcs takes 1~2 seconds for it to appear.

Anyway to all my Singaporean/Malaysian RO mates who are reading this, i hope to know any of you who are still playing the game occasionally.

Cheers!

#109 gorgoroth1

gorgoroth1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 927 posts
  • Server:Chaos04Nov13Thor27Apr15

Posted 29 October 2013 - 01:03 PM

Too bad, just started to play back (mRO - Sara Free Server) due to massive promotion on net + free on late December 2012.
Suddenly with only 1 month notice the company announced to shutdown server forever...

Anyway do mRO client works with iRO, i'm hoping iRO patch is workable with mRO client LoL, any download link would be appreciated

#110 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 29 October 2013 - 01:05 PM

It isnt possible to use the mRO client with iRO. You will need to have a clean install of iRO which can be downloaded here: http://www.playragna...ntdownload.aspx or a mirror of exists on iROwiki here http://irowiki.org/w...nts_and_Patches

Edited by Toxn, 29 October 2013 - 01:06 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users