BloodlessChrome

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • LocationNew York City
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos/Clandestine Society

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:50 PM

Edit: Original post was that it was bugged but from the currently formula posted on irowiki the damage is correct and hence ice damage is weak.

and not bugged in a good way doing wayyy less damage than it should with 10 ice charms, seems like ice charms are not working at all.

Edited by BloodlessChrome, 11 October 2013 - 10:12 AM.

#2 BloodlessChrome

BloodlessChrome

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:50 AM

no response?

#3 ilovemilk

ilovemilk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3452 posts
  • LocationMilky Way
  • Server:Offline

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:53 AM

Please describe the bug. Please add screenshots if possible. You can upload the screenshots to imgur.com. Also make sure you report it to support.warpportal.com, so that the GM team can fix it.

#4 aikokun

aikokun

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:39 AM

Went out and tested Freezing Spear 10 with and without Ice Charms. http://imgur.com/a/JQG9S

I don't have Snow Flake Draft, but the charms seem to be working fine for me? Freezing Spear reportedly gets +5% added per charm so it goes from 70%*12 hits (840% total) to 120%*12 hits (1440% total). 

I'd also like to add that Flaming Petals goes from 900% to 2900% and Wind Blade goes from 900% to 2100%. Freezing Spear seems to have gotten pretty shafted comparatively regarding charm bonuses on the first-tier spells. :(

Edited by aikokun, 11 October 2013 - 06:43 AM.

#5 BloodlessChrome

BloodlessChrome

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 11 October 2013 - 09:54 AM

Edit: I was wrong, these screenshots only do prove what nuggins is saying, I was using damage calculator to say what my damage should be instead of testing.

Sorry for my late response, had two extremely busy days. these are my screenshots from after maintenance. 
Without charms.
oNGvwVq.jpg?1

and this was my highest damage with 10 ice charms

c0soLku.jpg

I will like to also add against imp monsters (fire 4) i Only with an extra 2000 damage with 10 charms.

Edited by BloodlessChrome, 11 October 2013 - 10:10 AM.

#6 BloodlessChrome

BloodlessChrome

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 11 October 2013 - 10:13 AM

Update: Did some more test in Lava dungeon....Ice damage is weak :/

#7 dilaraazaz

dilaraazaz

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:34 PM

I have the same problem with my Kagerou. While Freezing Spear and Flaming Petals damages rise, exploding dragon is still the same. i cant take screenshots because in my system the screenshots look like distorted. i don't know what to do, it's so frustrating...

Edited by dilaraazaz, 19 October 2013 - 11:35 PM.

#8 YangeWenli

YangeWenli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2404 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 20 October 2013 - 03:32 AM

Not to sound mean...but a majority of this is most likely from lack of good equips. Kagerou/Oboro are more side chars after you have maxed out 3rds and extra funds to do w/e you like.

#9 dilaraazaz

dilaraazaz

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:16 AM

Yange that's a good point. Yet, I've looked up in the calculators and the i've found out that the equipment is not the problem in this situation. There's still another problem missing i'm reckoning.

#10 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:41 AM

most of the K/O aoe magics are weaker than their single target counterparts... the main reason the magical huuma build came into existence...

#11 PedroProplayer

PedroProplayer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos/Renewal

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:12 AM

I have the same problem with my Kagerou. While Freezing Spear and Flaming Petals damages rise, exploding dragon is still the same. i cant take screenshots because in my system the screenshots look like distorted. i don't know what to do, it's so frustrating...

Set your resolution to a 4:3 ratio. If you use any other ratio, your screenshots become warped.

#12 Lucentos

Lucentos

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 499 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:26 AM

BTW is the AoEless Ninpou Oboro is real and effective?

Edited by Lucentos, 20 October 2013 - 10:28 AM.

#13 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 11:11 AM

you can make up for the lack of aoe magics (and even the lack of earth, neutral, shadow, holy elements) by mixing in swirling petals into a magic build... i have seen this used effectively in some high level Oboro... especially with the release of scaraba cards to help make up for the lack of Matk on a huuma... gear switching is also an option between dual daggers and a huuma... i myself have killed a few mvps spamming magic while using the huuma to control mobs...

#14 aikokun

aikokun

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:43 PM

Hmm, something seems wrong here.

I did some tests with Blaze Shield and Exploding Dragon, both with weapons/charms and without weapons/charms.

http://imgur.com/a/g3McH (Forgot to include shot of stats without weapons: http://i.imgur.com/1qYI9hv.jpg)

Now, according to the iROWiki: 

Fire Charms increase damage inflicted with fire element ninja skills:
Flaming Petals: +20% per charm (+200% with 10 charms)
Blaze Shield: +5% per charm (+50% with 10 charms)
Exploding Dragon: +15% per charm (+150% with 10 charms)

Now I know Flaming Petals' bonus from the charms is added together to its usual 90% MATK * 10 hits for 290% MATK * 10 hits. I didn't get a screenshot of using it, but the damage went from around 6900~7900 (with weapons, without charms) to 22500~23200 (with weapons, with charms).

But Exploding Dragon's bonus seems to just be tacked onto the normal 900% as the skill is first calculated as one hit and then afterwards divided by three and rounded down when dealing damage. So now instead of something like 900% + (150% per hit) (for 1350% total) you have a simple 900%+150% for 1050% total damage. 

I don't even know what's up with Blaze Shield. It seems to be doing a lot more than 50% (base) + 50% (Charms) MATK per hit. Could the charm effects for Blaze Shield and Exploding Dragon have been wrongly switched in-game or on the wiki?

I certainly didn't do the most rigorous of testing here, but it'd be nice to have an official formula from a GM or something for how all of the charms affect the magic skills. :(

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing the bonuses just become more of a multiplicative bonus on the end damage. So Flaming Petals' final damage becomes 100%+200% for a total of 3x final damage (tripling the 900% total damage, effectively making it a 2700% skill. nerfed a bit from the 2900% it is now). Blaze Shield's final damage becomes 100%+50% for a total of 1.5x final damage (so from base 50% to 75% with charms, another nerf). And Exploding Dragon's final damage becomes 100%+150% for a total of 2.5x final damage (turning the 900% base into a 2250% with charms; a buff from what it is now with charms).

Hell, I don't know. It's all a janky mess to me.

Edited by aikokun, 20 October 2013 - 05:55 PM.

#15 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:43 PM

irowiki is at least 85% wrong when it comes to Kagerou/Oboro skills.... i would rather have the whole page about the classes be completely blank than it feed misinformation to up and coming K/O... whoever wrote it should be ashamed

#16 aikokun

aikokun

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:27 AM

=\ That's a shame.

#17 PedroProplayer

PedroProplayer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos/Renewal

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:29 AM

I wrote must of it, although the Charms section was someone else. I mostly filled in with details I found on iROwiki.

Actually, why don't YOU go and update it, if it's so bad?

#18 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:31 AM

im too busy helping new ninja in game to actually go and sign up and try to fix the mess that is irowiki... a guide on K/O classes would take forever to write properly... with 5+ viable builds and endless sub builds its easier to help players one on one with their individual goals vs trying to cover every single aspect of a class this versatile...

#19 BloodlessChrome

BloodlessChrome

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 21 October 2013 - 09:50 AM

I have found even a information on magic builds on these forums are wrong.

#20 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:29 PM

i noticed today that ice magic DOES seem like its been weakened beyond normal (i guess i dont use ice magic enough to notice)... it less than half the damage i get using fire... everybody should send in tickets about this... its quite possibly a bug from one of the recent updates...

#21 aikokun

aikokun

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:57 PM

http://imgur.com/a/g4cnK

Yeah. It matches up pretty closely with the iROWiki info too, but the problem comes from not knowing what the kRO formulas are. It seems really odd that the charms' bonus for the single-target skills would have such a big difference (20% per fire charm compared to 5% per ice charm), but I can also see kRO being dumb and specifically doing it for god-knows-what reason. :u

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users