Attention CMs/GMs (Regarding Crescentia Stat Fix) - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Attention CMs/GMs (Regarding Crescentia Stat Fix)

• Please log in to reply
126 replies to this topic

#1 Vanillarox

Vanillarox

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 224 posts
  • LocationSomewhere on a train.
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 09 October 2013 - 07:37 PM

I would like to know why Crescentias have gotten yet another "fix" on their gear, yet Monks have yet to get ANY changes on their. We have an eleven page topic requesting this (among other things) yet nothing has happened.

What did the Crescentia players do to get their gears edited so promptly? I would like to mimic their actions and hopefully get Monks some AGI on their gears already.

Edited by Vanillarox, 09 October 2013 - 08:43 PM.

#2 HunkSurvivor

HunkSurvivor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:11 PM

my Monk almost got final round again, Venom Slayer too EZ

#3 Vanillarox

Vanillarox

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:16 PM

In colo I lose 10% dodge and a lot of Crit.

If only we had AGI. Why did Crescentia's get their gears edited before us?

#4 wakkyz

wakkyz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:43 PM

takes them 4 weeks to change a few numbers ya know...HARD WORK, OUR DEVS ARE WORKING REALLY HARD STOP YELLING AT THEM

#5 Splendens

Splendens

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 450 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:59 PM

Gravity has a fetish for abusing a certain RO class every time.  In RO1 it's the performer classes.  Since there aren't any performers in RO2 monks seem to have inherited it.

10 bux says they nerf gfist and never fix the stats

#6 Vanillarox

Vanillarox

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:06 PM

It's just frustrating. Noels are getting all the attention. Why would anyone even play a Monk at this point in time?

#7 mysticalre

mysticalre

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 837 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:06 PM

literally takes 5 minutes to change crescentia MATK values lol

#8 Vanillarox

Vanillarox

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:09 PM

literally takes 5 minutes to change crescentia MATK values lol

Should take the same amount of time to change Monk AGI values. Why do Crescentias get the change first?

#9 2534130520102140553

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:10 PM

Although I agree that monks need fixes, Crecentias was clearly a mistake while Monks were supposedly made the way they are intentionally, and are considered a part of the whole "we'll fix this with balancing as a whole... eventually" part of the schedule.

#10 SoraOfKHK

SoraOfKHK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1319 posts
  • Server:Odin, Channels 1-5

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:45 PM

Crecentias are supposed to have Magic Attack. We weren't supposed to have Agi on our gear, and we were given more Str than we were supposed to, and no Int or Magic Attack on weapons.

They fixed all weapons but certain level 50 weapons, and our Magic Attack in Colo is affected due to this (the Colo stat formula is based around the stats of level 50 gear, and if it's missing a stat, it won't be used in the stat adjustment).

Monks, as much as I love the class, are part of a class that will not get fixed as a high priority, because to begin with, none of our "fixes" that we are asking for are actually "fixes," except for Lightning Walk and Summon Spirit Sphere not affecting Intimidation. They are balancing issues. People need to accept that.

However, fear not, as we'll probably get our imbalances fixed before Beastmasters have their imbalances fixed. :p_smile: Beastmasters will most likely be the last on the list, not us. Try to be a bit more optimistic.

Anyone who plays a Monk to 50 solo as they are now is either masochistic, or insane, or both.

#11 HunkSurvivor

HunkSurvivor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:49 PM

My monk disliked this post*

#12 Vanillarox

Vanillarox

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:39 PM

Crecentias are supposed to have Magic Attack. We weren't supposed to have Agi on our gear, and we were given more Str than we were supposed to, and no Int or Magic Attack on weapons.

They fixed all weapons but certain level 50 weapons, and our Magic Attack in Colo is affected due to this (the Colo stat formula is based around the stats of level 50 gear, and if it's missing a stat, it won't be used in the stat adjustment).

Monks, as much as I love the class, are part of a class that will not get fixed as a high priority, because to begin with, none of our "fixes" that we are asking for are actually "fixes," except for Lightning Walk and Summon Spirit Sphere not affecting Intimidation. They are balancing issues. People need to accept that.

However, fear not, as we'll probably get our imbalances fixed before Beastmasters have their imbalances fixed. :p_smile: Beastmasters will most likely be the last on the list, not us. Try to be a bit more optimistic.

Anyone who plays a Monk to 50 solo as they are now is either masochistic, or insane, or both.

Sorry, but this is two fixes Crescentia have gotten, both of which involve editing static numbers on gear.

Monks have been asking for AGI (by the way, we are the only Tank class without AGI, fun fact) since May. WIS does absolutely nothing for us. None of our skills drain a lot of SP.

Sorry but I could care less about Beastmasters. My thread is about Monks. It's hard to be optimistic when every other class but Monk seems to be getting a buff. Rogues got one. Assassins got a visual remake (you're telling me this is more important than balancing a Monk). I get that remaking skills and fixing bugs on them takes time. But honestly? Giving Monks AGI? Not a hard process. Give me the source code. I'll have it done within minutes.

SO getting back on topic, I will address my question (actually I will edit it) to a CM/GM.

Why do Crescentias, Rogues and Assassins have such a priority over Monks? We are asking for a bit, sure, but for godsake. AGI? Can't give us AGI on our gears? I have to stack full AGI runes to get 15% Crit. In colo? It drops to an amazingly low value. Soul Makers got a nerf in their colo's intelligence too.

So I ask. What are Rogues, Assassin and Crescentia players doing to get such attention?

#13 SoraOfKHK

SoraOfKHK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1319 posts
  • Server:Odin, Channels 1-5

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:27 AM

The modifications done to Rogues and Assassins, I'll give you, since those were honestly unnecessary modifications. The Rogue one was supposedly a form of "balance," while the Assassin change was purely visual.

However, as I said, Crecentias got a fix of a BUG, whereas you, me, and everyone else is asking the developers to modify Monks in a way to balance them.

Bugs that affect a specific type of build in a major way (or specific attacks) come first, and having 0 Magic Attack on level 50 purple weapons means DoT type Crecentias are utterly useless in a party if they have a purple level 50 weapon. After fixing these types of bugs comes the re-balancing of classes. Nonetheless, it still bugs me that Rogues and Assassins got touched first, especially since Assassins didn't get a bug fix or balance fix, and Rogues arguably didn't need their fix, but it arguably made an improvement to their skills that were changed.

Monks have complained more than anyone, to the point that there are less than 50 left that play Monks regularly, and probably less than 15 people left who main Monks.

Try to remember that I've got a thread of my own asking for Monk changes, and my main is a Monk. I just don't play it anymore because of how broken the class is as a whole. While manageable as a class in general, they're a pain in the ass to solo, and classes like Knights are often picked for parties and Raids over Monks.

By the way, do note the sarcasm in my previous post, because there's a lot of it. :p_err:

Edited by SoraOfKHK, 10 October 2013 - 12:31 AM.

#14 3111130524135330140

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:25 AM

Not even a single answer on the balance post i dont think this one will have one ...

#15 Njoror

Njoror

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1936 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:38 AM

We have made the studio aware of the fixes Monks require, including showing them the long and popular thread on Monk fixes you referred to.

They are working on better balancing the classes, but not all fixes or adjustments will come at the same time, as some will take more time to develop.

#16 Vanillarox

Vanillarox

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 08:33 AM

The modifications done to Rogues and Assassins, I'll give you, since those were honestly unnecessary modifications. The Rogue one was supposedly a form of "balance," while the Assassin change was purely visual.

However, as I said, Crecentias got a fix of a BUG, whereas you, me, and everyone else is asking the developers to modify Monks in a way to balance them.

Bugs that affect a specific type of build in a major way (or specific attacks) come first, and having 0 Magic Attack on level 50 purple weapons means DoT type Crecentias are utterly useless in a party if they have a purple level 50 weapon. After fixing these types of bugs comes the re-balancing of classes. Nonetheless, it still bugs me that Rogues and Assassins got touched first, especially since Assassins didn't get a bug fix or balance fix, and Rogues arguably didn't need their fix, but it arguably made an improvement to their skills that were changed.

Monks have complained more than anyone, to the point that there are less than 50 left that play Monks regularly, and probably less than 15 people left who main Monks.

Try to remember that I've got a thread of my own asking for Monk changes, and my main is a Monk. I just don't play it anymore because of how broken the class is as a whole. While manageable as a class in general, they're a pain in the ass to solo, and classes like Knights are often picked for parties and Raids over Monks.

By the way, do note the sarcasm in my previous post, because there's a lot of it. :p_err:

Yeah I do recall you playing a Monk. I didn't mean to direct my frustration at the situation at you. I understand that having no Magic Attack, on a class that uses Magic Attack for some of their damage, is an issue. It's a bug, I am aware. They were supposed to get Magic Attack. I understand that putting AGI on a Monk's gear is not a bug fix, but rather a balancing issue, however, the way I see it, Crescentias have been edited twice. From a time perspective, that is longer than it would take to change the word "WIS" to "AGI" and to increase the values on a Monk's gear (due to awful scaling. Our gear is barely makes an improvement, compared to the previous tier).

We have made the studio aware of the fixes Monks require, including showing them the long and popular thread on Monk fixes you referred to.

They are working on better balancing the classes, but not all fixes or adjustments will come at the same time, as some will take more time to develop.

I am just questioning the time allocation for balancing is all. There is time to make an Assassin look better, time to edit a Rogue's Mark of Death skill (which was not broken) and give their Moonlight Dance another 40% ATK (making it the best single target physical attack in the game, above Guillotine Fist, with an smaller cooldown). I mean, half of what Monks are asking for is a simple edit of their gear's value. I just don't entirely understand why this has to take months. It is mindblowing how much better a Warrior and Knight are at tanking and how much more desirable they are in a party.

Knights/Warriors give the party +10% strength. Knights can give their entire party a 25% decrease in damage as well as itself 50% decrease in damage. Furthermore they have a shield, giving them even better defense. Honestly, when a Knight is in a party with a Sorc and they use Earth Shield, it scales well. Their defense isn't that much farther behind a Monk's. So what advantage does a Monk have over a Knight in tanking for a party? What does a Monk bring to the table? Nothing.

Warriors? They get too many buffs to their passives. Decrease damage 5%, HP 20%, Threat Generation 300%, Dodge, Parry and Defense + 30%. And what is the downside to all these wonderful passives? -10% ATK power.

Monk's Steel Body gives them 35% HP, 200% Defense and 300% Threat Generation. For all these benefits, we lose 10% ATK. How is this fair by any means? Furthermore our weapon has the lowest ATK modifier in the game, save for Soul Maker who doesn't even use attack.

So to quickly summarize, why would a party take a Monk? The ONLY advantage is that they can refresh their skill cooldown with Summon Spirit Sphere and keep up Protection Ki for a grand total of twenty seconds, versus a Knight's Shield Fortress at 10 seconds.

I am just afraid that the studio isn't going to touch Monk until third jobs come out and just release a different class on top of Monk. I understand that optimism is preferred, but these issues have been discussed and changes have been asked about for a long time now. Given the rate of content being released and the other bugs in the game, I just don't see Monks having any kind of priority. I won't say I was the first to point out a Monk's issues, but I have had a topic in the Proposals and Suggestions forum about Monks since..

JULY 3, 2013

While you likely are unable to reveal this information,

I would like a solid ETA on a Monk balance patch.

#17 Xintello

Xintello

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 318 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 08:54 AM

I would like to know why Crescentias have gotten yet another "fix" on their gear, yet Monks have yet to get ANY changes on their. We have an eleven page topic requesting this (among other things) yet nothing has happened.

What did the Crescentia players do to get their gears edited so promptly? I would like to mimic their actions and hopefully get Monks some AGI on their gears already.

They didn't have to do anything because the gear was straight up BROKEN. It was KNIGHT armor with a Cres skin and their weapons were WARRIOR weapons with a Cres skin on top. This made a large portion of their skill set not work out.

Its not the same thing as Monks crying about getting AGI on their gear.

#18 Vanillarox

Vanillarox

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 08:58 AM

They didn't have to do anything because the gear was straight up BROKEN. It was KNIGHT armor with a Cres skin and their weapons were WARRIOR weapons with a Cres skin on top. This made a large portion of their skill set not work out.

Its not the same thing as Monks crying about getting AGI on their gear.

It is still changing a value. This is the Crescentia's second change. In terms of pure work, they've gotten too much in comparison to Monks. You know what doesn't work? Intimidation being refreshed with Summon Spirit Sphere. Lightning Walk (half the time). Guillotine Fist's stun time.

My point is, Noels, Sins and Rogues are getting too much attention. Monks have yet to get a single change and our issues, no offense, have been around longer than Noels have even existed.

#19 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:10 AM

Planning out Monk balancing is a lot more complicated than fixing Crescentia gear stats. Aside from that, I'm a lot more concerned with the bugs that are plaguing our server at the moment than class balance. Priorities.

Edited by GuardianTK, 10 October 2013 - 09:10 AM.

#20 Vanillarox

Vanillarox

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:20 AM

Planning out Monk balancing is a lot more complicated than fixing Crescentia gear stats. Aside from that, I'm a lot more concerned with the bugs that are plaguing our server at the moment than class balance. Priorities.

They have had months to plan out the stats. They have topics upon topics of suggestions, many of which have overlapping points. It's not like balancing Monks is rocket science. It is pretty damn obvious what we need. I'm not saying pump out all the fixes right away but seriously? AGI on my gears? This takes a lot of time? Give me the source code. I'll give all Monks some AGI within minutes. Not a hard thing to do. If it is programmed well, it could be as simple as editing a constructor, changing a static variable, altering a #define statement or changing a server side file with gear values inside of it.

In regards to the bugs on the servers, through all of them, Noels got two fixes. Two edits of their gear's stat values. Priorities right?

Edited by Vanillarox, 10 October 2013 - 09:21 AM.

#21 Meconopsis

Meconopsis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 918 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:27 AM

Priorities are really messed up.

Sure I'm frustrated as well, but I've decided that the only way to make things better is to give the devs time. A lot of time to fix their core before the class.

NOW...

If they manage to fix their core design problems and monks are still the same as they are now, THEN we bring out the pitchforks and torches.

So... please just wait.

Edited by Meconopsis, 10 October 2013 - 09:27 AM.

#22 TessaFRhodes

TessaFRhodes

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:43 AM

I think I'll set up a shop with pitchforks and torches for sale. Maybe even have a 3 for 1 special.

#23 Vanillarox

Vanillarox

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:44 AM

Priorities are really messed up.

Sure I'm frustrated as well, but I've decided that the only way to make things better is to give the devs time. A lot of time to fix their core before the class.

NOW...

If they manage to fix their core design problems and monks are still the same as they are now, THEN we bring out the pitchforks and torches.

So... please just wait.

Sorry. I've been waiting since June when I first learned how much better Knights and Warriors are at PvP/PvM.

Through all my waiting, several classes have been edited and "balanced". Classes that did not need it by any means. I officially lost my cool when Rogues got +40% on their Moonlight Dance. I thought Guillotine Fist was supposed to be the single best single target skill in the game? Look at it. It's awful. 60 second cooldown, inappropriate stun time, only 120% damage on a weapon that is currently the worse for ATK power (save for a Soul Handle).

Like.. seriously. Rogues weren't powerful enough? Have to give them 40% more damage on a skill that can be used every 20 seconds? Assassins? They were dogs so we spent a lot of time making them look all smokey.

I don't personally care about the core at this point. Our core has been messed up for too long. Too many people are fully decked out in AoD gear, without ever taking a single hit from a boss. The Fallen Fortress as well as the Queen of Destruction will be cleared in no time. Embus/Eremes/Undead Executor/Giant Driller are mechanics. They are NOT exploits. They have been a feature since the pet system has been released. It is only noticeable how broken they are now because for $10 you can get a bunch of 5 star pets. CMs might tell you they are "issues" but they are not. It's the new end game. Do you honestly think stun/freeze pets will be nerfed? Look at how long they've been rampant on SEA. Think NA is going to suddenly get the pet balance patch? I am skeptical.

Let's be real. If pets were going to be fixed or removed, they'd have done so before releasing more content. As it stands, new content is pointless. As soon as my patch is done downloading, I will hop on, check out some things and find a party to take down the Queen. I will use Embus/Driller, depending on what my party needs and I will post a screenshot with my party in the thread that seems to believe that beating the Queen is an accomplishment. To any Moderator/CM reading this, please do not hide this post or lock my topic because you don't understand what an exploit is. Embus freezing bosses and Eremes stunning? It is not an exploit. It is a feature and a mechanic. If it is an exploit, make a thread saying it is. Post announcements in game. Let the players know that it is an issue. If you tell the player base that chain stunning and freezing a boss is an exploit, I will promise you right here, right now, that I will stop. However, until that happens, I, along with the majority of the player base, will continue to use these pets as they were intended. Feel free to post in this thread or PM me informing me that FREEZING/STUNNING A BOSS IS AN EXPLOIT. I will make sure to stop.

Anyways, I am not hear to discuss the core. Monks have been asking for a fix since May. I've made my own topic since early July.

I am tired of waiting. It is October 10, 2013. My question stands.

ETA on Monk Balance Patch.

#24 Xintello

Xintello

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 318 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:50 AM

It is still changing a value. This is the Crescentia's second change. In terms of pure work, they've gotten too much in comparison to Monks. You know what doesn't work? Intimidation being refreshed with Summon Spirit Sphere. Lightning Walk (half the time). Guillotine Fist's stun time.

My point is, Noels, Sins and Rogues are getting too much attention. Monks have yet to get a single change and our issues, no offense, have been around longer than Noels have even existed.

What you're being ignorant about is that Cres gear was incorrect from the START. Monk gear doesnt give AGI on KRO or SEA. But the Cres gear sure as hell gives MATK/ATT on both servers. This wasn't some implemented fix this was  them correcting the errors that shouldn't have been there from the start.

If you want to keep crying about Monk skills lets see a fix for Beastmasters and Knights with Aura Heal and Shield Cannon or Warriors with all their -_-. Monks don't have it the worse its just Monk players like to whine the most honestly.

#25 Meconopsis

Meconopsis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 918 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:22 AM

If you want to keep crying about Monk skills lets see a fix for Beastmasters and Knights with Aura Heal and Shield Cannon or Warriors with all their -_-. Monks don't have it the worse its just Monk players like to whine the most honestly.

Now that's just plain ignorance. You think monk players have been whining the most?

We've been in the shadows for about maybe since the game started. We didn't complain except write maybe 1 or 2 topics on certain buffs, bugs, etc, LIKE EVERY OTHER CLASS BUFF TOPIC. In fact, Rogue players complained the most. Assassin players complained even more. Hell, we see Sorc threads every so often now, since like forever?

Yeah, there are a few BM, knight, and rarely some warrior balance threads, but know what? They're better off then Monk. Monks do have it worst, so your comment is complete BS. It's not just 1 thing like what Knights or Warriors have that can be easily fixed, monk has a range of problems.

It was only after I made my topic about monks buffs that we started to complain a lot more vocally. It was because I am tired of the class being overall weak for what, since May? But I haven't said anything. I even posted my topic back before Pets ruined this game, when tanks actually had relevance.

So know what, call whatever monk players left here whiners. When you're still here and we're all off to better things, I'll have my last laugh.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users