Need help with Rogue skills in the Colosseum - Thief - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Need help with Rogue skills in the Colosseum

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 halpme

halpme

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:31 PM

Greetings! I am new( been playing for about 2 weeks since my older sister introduced me to it) and I have just advanced to a Rogue yesterday. I read a guide on here and watched some videos. It helped me get to round 3 today by killing monsters. Ultimately, my goal is to win the championship and win it more often.

These are my skills: http://www.ro2base.c...1.1.1/0.0.0.0.0

Can someone pretty please show me where to put my skill points and tips for fighting other players? I used to watch my sister, who inspired me to play a Rogue, and she got to round 5 a lot and won some tournaments, but unfortunately she quit like about month ago so I don't really want to bother her. I did learn a few things, though. (For examples, run away from the warrior classes, and attack wizards and archers.)

P.S. - I came from the game "Runescape" if that helps with explanations. I am quite good at PKing(player-killing) there.

#2 jellopyking

jellopyking

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 589 posts
  • Server:skyrim

Posted 11 October 2013 - 11:42 PM

y did u get rolling cutter?

anyways here's my skill build since day 1, never changed it

http://www.ro2base.c...1.1.1/0.0.0.0.0

colo

1.) easiest way to get a kill is by ksing, at the start of a round u have the advantage of being hidden. flags for people to be ks'd; frozen targets, stunned targets, basically anyone being gang banged. (to ks, use dark illusion for safety, but ive seen ppl ks with double attack)

2.) following from that ^ smoke bomb immediately, quicly get away from the fray

3.) repeat no. 1

4.) you're now exposed, again the best way to get kills is by ksing, just scan through ppl with low health and attack.. attack mobs, players who are not tanks, etc..

5.) while exposed, keep gangster's paradise on

6.) gp cd? dying? being targeted?, use dirty plan + gp + pots, run in a straight line away from everyone's sight then smokebomb, eventho DOTs cancel smokebomb, it also cancels player lock on u so u've more chance of surviving

7.) congratulations on reaching round 4. think of the scenario, less players more mobs, mobs are ur oyster, at the start of the round u are hidden, pump up the pots to reach max ar, use 10 min speed elixir.. what i do is i wait til those battle pagans spawn and go rambo on their asses, go crazy on the mobs basically, kinda like how u would kill adds in raids. strong mobs, the ones with 15k hp go for them too

round 5:

do steps 1-3

go for the porings, and pray u get atk buff

if attack buff obtained - summon guardian and go mental on everyone

avoid dying

if combo mastery procs smokebomb and moonlight dance will kill any full hp non tank class

if ur confident with ur kills and ur ranked 1, the best thing to do is either hide or continue the massacre

--

more tips

-joining with gang banging another player? use moonlight dance when the target's hp's around the same amount of damage ur moonlight dance does to secure the kill

-do not use moonlight dance until you know it's the one that will kill your target (unless if ur fighting someone with full hp then do whatever)

-when being attacked by a strong threat, e.g. full colo knight, crescent moon then flee

-hide inside mobs for maximum camoflauge

-might be different case with everyone but 1 moonlight dance will kill a common monster

in one on one fights

- use gp with max combo points at the start, u'll seem imortal then fu fu fu (sure to demoralise anyone)

- use crescent moon when target's hp is between 50-60% hp

and finally, just chill and don't panic

god i miss my rogue now

#3 Leinzan

Leinzan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1223 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:26 AM

You could say that anything that comes from this:

Could be considered a good PvP Build, imo.

Altho if I went PvP Serious, I would go with this one:

Don't fall into despair, at low levels you not only lack skill points, you also are easer to crit on, block and evade... you might likely not see any good on fighting 1v1 until later levels. So focus on mobs.

BTW, on rounds 1 and 2, only do 2 KS and hide then bring out your pop corns, you will NOT be kicked out of the match even if you did the kills early in the round.

#4 halpme

halpme

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 06:38 PM

@jellopyking Thanks so much, buddy! I will need to take the time to memorize those tactics. I think that was how my sister played. I just have 4 questions. 1) Is level 1 "dark illusion" enough to ks with? Leinzan suggests level 5 and you have level 1. 2) I notice that you say to pump up potions for max "ar." I take it that is the skill with "unstable doping." Do I only pump the potions at round 4 and beyond? 3) Again, the skill "crescent moon" is level 1, as opposed to the other player's opinion at level 5.It seems like leveling it up only decreases the cooldown. How often is this move used, do you think? 4) Did you quit your Rogue? Regardless, I appreciate the detailed explanation, sir!

edit: I have level 1 in "rolling cutter" because I put points into all skills when I became a Rogue. I think the skill is weak and I will use the free reset from the gift box at level 35. It say "skill reset vellum."

@Leinzan Hello Leinzan, I am also wondering about the level 5 "dark illusion." It seems like this is the main ks skill for Rogues from what I've seen. Is the difference between level 1 and 5 that great? And yes, I lack the skill points to go far in the tournament. I would appreciate if you can also help me with some of my other questions. Thank you, sir( or ma'am)!

I am really grateful you guys share your knowledge with me. I got to round 3 again and almost round 4 today. =)

Edited by halpme, 12 October 2013 - 06:42 PM.

#5 Leinzan

Leinzan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1223 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 09:20 PM

Lein is just fine, and I like to think that yesterday before going to sleep I was a dude, that today when I woke up I was a dude, and that right now that Im about to go sleep Im a dude, and tomorrow I'll continue to be a dude >=P

AAAANYWAY, if we go by numbers «Dark Illusion» 1/5 is 17% and 5/5 is 25%. This skill can only be used during «Hide» and is a guaranteed critical hit (unless it misses), add the double damange effect from single target attacks while on «Hide» and you have an easy x4 strike.

This simply means that «Dark Illusion» 1/5 is actually a strike of a 68% and 5/5 is of a 100%.

one hits for 1k and another for 2k.

The heavily down side however is that it can ONLY be used during «Hide», if you find it hard to stay hidden in colo you might as well not invest points in it.

Rogues are slowpokes, but just like big turtles, they really bite hard.

Still however, chasing people around is a big issue, but to solve that, they count with one of the most dreadful crowd control skills, which is «Crescent Moon», if you ran out of hides, this is your best card on the field to defend yourself, or secure a kill, basicly as Jellopy said, once the target weakened, actually to 4k hp or so, this skill dooms them to your side for 5 seconds at max, giving you more than enough time to build back up your combo points for the great finisher skill «Moonlight Dance».

This is of course to engange into battle. It is the complete oposite logic from «Dark Illusion» in which you KS.

#6 halpme

halpme

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:19 PM

Thank you so much for precious information, Lein, and sorry about that. I think it all makes sense now!

#7 Leinzan

Leinzan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1223 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:18 PM

hehehe no worries, good luck on finding your own style!!

#8 jellopyking

jellopyking

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 589 posts
  • Server:skyrim

Posted 13 October 2013 - 11:54 PM

@jellopyking Thanks so much, buddy! I will need to take the time to memorize those tactics. I think that was how my sister played. I just have 4 questions. 1) Is level 1 "dark illusion" enough to ks with? Leinzan suggests level 5 and you have level 1. 2) I notice that you say to pump up potions for max "ar." I take it that is the skill with "unstable doping." Do I only pump the potions at round 4 and beyond? 3) Again, the skill "crescent moon" is level 1, as opposed to the other player's opinion at level 5.It seems like leveling it up only decreases the cooldown. How often is this move used, do you think? 4) Did you quit your Rogue? Regardless, I appreciate the detailed explanation, sir!

1.) it works but you have to have great timing + luck. if i full colo spec'd my rogue it's one skill i would've maxed, including crescent moon

2.) i forgot u aren't 50 yet, i dont suppose you use pots in colo right now because pots available to your level (assuming youre 30ish) are near useless for hp healing. because once you reach 50, level 6 pots which are alright for healing (which you will be doing a lot), through out rounds 1-3 AR damage increased obtained from potting for the sake of healing alone is enough.. round 4 is just more important because less people get through.. i was stingy, i used level 5 pots for pumping up my AR, all of which i got from hunting (scratch thief and all other cards) and looting from dungeon parties.. use level 1 pots to refresh AR.

3.) read 2 + it incapacitates enemies and refrain them from flying off to the grid or heal while you're ripping them apart (rangers, wiz, monk, warrior, bm, sorc, priest, sm have this ability, so i'd say it's pretty useful)..

i built my rogue to suit pve and pvp.. i actually played for a while (as a lvl 50) with a couple of skill points left as i didn't know where to put em.. i was a noob too, didn't read skill descriptions, for a while i wasn't pumping my AR cuz i didn't know it incremented, didn't know it worked that way til i went PVE Arena N, where i had to pot like hell to not die

4.) yes, but not because of my rogue No. it was fun to play.. i'm just gonna finish with 'end game' and the state of stuff, let's just say if you have nothing good to say don't say anything at all

#9 halpme

halpme

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 05:21 PM

I see... Thanks a lot for your time, Mr.Jellopyking! :thumb2:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users