10/16 Angela Lansbury Birthday Maintenance - Page 17 - Renewal Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

10/16 Angela Lansbury Birthday Maintenance

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
407 replies to this topic

#401 ShiveringShadows

ShiveringShadows

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 853 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:11 AM

Because the slot count for that item on the server doesn't match that on the client.

The recent client patches added one or more slots to several items, one of which is the musketeer hat. The client uses this information in part to show you whether an item has a slot or not. Whether a card can be put into an item is decided on the server and since the server still has the musketeer hat defined as a slotless item (most likely), the slotting process will be unsuccessful.

This is probably an oversight on their part, so don't expect to get a free slot on your musketeer hat.

Here's a list of items that got one or more slots added to them in the recent patches (October 16th):

Spoiler

Whether they truly possess an item slot can easily be verified.

#402 Guest_Holden_*

Guest_Holden_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:33 AM

All of the items on that list have the correct slots in the server database except for the Musketeer Hat. We will inquire with the studio if any effect changes were made with that change from the Episode 14.2 update and try to get it in by the next maintenance.

#403 Alanthier

Alanthier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1432 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:22 AM

Well personally I hope you guys do add it for real, I'd love that XD

#404 ShiveringShadows

ShiveringShadows

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 853 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:09 PM

All of the items on that list have the correct slots in the server database except for the Musketeer Hat. We will inquire with the studio if any effect changes were made with that change from the Episode 14.2 update and try to get it in by the next maintenance.

Unlikely. They probably added it in by accident. The stats/effects on their Musketeer Hat differs greatly from ours. Also, their server is one of the only ones in which the hat has a slot.

#405 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 18 October 2013 - 05:00 PM

I'm still waiting for someone in this thread to set me up so I can say the zinger :

"Puts on a pair of sunglasses slowly* "Murder... she wrote."

#406 RoseRed21

RoseRed21

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 462 posts
  • Server:Chaos and Thor

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:44 PM

is the halloween quest repeatable on the same character? O.o if so how long is cool down? since the quest doesn't appear at all in quest log. ._.

#407 Alanthier

Alanthier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1432 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:12 AM

Just got your Rejected from server/please see warpportal to update your password crap again for no reason after being dc'd. it let me in finally after 7 tries but seriously, come on..

#408 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas
  • Server:Chaos when no Time Gaps

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:12 AM

If it is an "all over the place" lag, please capture a tracert report. We can then send it to our IT team to find problems on our servers or on our ISP's servers.

Oda, this has been your answer for months now, yet even when reports have been posted, nothing has been done. All people are told is to use a third-party program, as a work around, instead of you guys actually doing anything to fix the server problems on your end. I don't know how you can possibly fix your ISP's servers though. For quite some time you guys have had ISP issues yet you haven't done anything about looking for a better ISP provider.

The server problem is fairly simple to fix. Instead of cramming everything that used to be on three servers on to the one, it would help if you were to at least add one back, in order to split off some traffic, for example the Low TI, & possibly the Mid TI, at least.

P.S. The tracert reports don't always show the latency problems. It's not like you can make them run at the instant the lag occurs. Lags aren't always non-stop. Typically they are happening, every so often, while playing, depending on the situation in game. It's not like you can play & run a tracrt at the same time.

Edited by Razzez, 19 October 2013 - 11:19 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users