Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:14 PM

Greetings Everyone!

Currently WoE 1 god item creation goes as follows

Do Seal A 100 times -> Do Seal B 100 times -> Threaten guild members who want to see their families again -> Do Seal C 100 times -> Double check to make sure shackles on guild members are secure -> Do Seal D 100 times -> Dwarf Spawns, do mad rush to create god item.

We want to change the way this works to do the following.

Encourage Guild working together

Encourage PVP in guild dungeons

Our idea is to make the following changes.

Each seal instead of incrementing some invisible sky counter would instead give it’s normal reward and a seal token (Unique Token for each quest).

The tokens will be fully tradeable vendable and all that jazz.

Guild Leader looking to make a god item turns in 50 or 100 of each token to an npc in the guild dungeon and starts a event in their castle’s guild dungeon. That they have 6 hours (can be changed) to complete.

Hundreds of monsters appear on the map. The Guild Leader receives a kill count quest to kill 400 of them. Upon finishing the kill quest the monsters disappear and an MVP spawns. Once the MVP is dead then the dwarf appears. Only the guild leader who started the event will be able to talk to the dwarf and create the god item.

During this event, server announcements will be going off informing the other guilds. Also the other guilds will be able to go into the guild dungeon and attempt to stab, blast, or otherwise inconvenience the item creating guild by preventing the MVP’s death.

Any Questions, Comments, Concerns, Cat Pictures?

Expanding on this a bit:

Seal Quests

I. Seals will maintain their current mechanics of being Closed -> Open -> Released

a. Seals are considered released when the counter is greater than 99.

II. Seal quests will now give a Token of SEALNAME upon completion. These tokens will be used in the god item creation quest.

III. Characters will be able to access seal quests two different ways.

a. If a seal is open a character can do that seal quest out of order.

b. No matter the status of the seals characters will be able to always complete the seals in order of 1, 2, 3, and 4. IE You need to complete seal 2 to start seal 3 UNLESS seal 3 is open.

i.This is to prevent guild leaders from being unable to complete their god items due to the seals never being open for the seal tokens they need.

God Item Creation

I. As long as all four seals are released. Guild Leaders currently holding a WoE 1 Castle will be able to take 50 of each seal to a dwarf in their realm’s guild dungeon.

a.This will unlock the God Item Creation Event for the server.

b.The event will take place on a new Guild Dungeon map (base map yet to be determined.)

i. Any one will be able to access the new guild dungeon via the dwarves on the old guild dungeon maps.

ii. Four different monsters unique to this map will spawn.

1. Upon turning in the seal tokens a guild leader will receive four kill quests, one for each monster.

2. Any guild leader will be able to turn in a set of 50 seal tokens from each seal in order to receive the kill quests as well.

c.Once a guild leader has completed all four kill quests they will be eligible to create a WoE 1 God Item.

i.To do so they must defeat the portal guardian found at the center of the map.

1.This will open access to the creation dwarf for a few minutes.

ii.Talking to the creation dwarf with all four kill quests completed will allow the guild leader to create the item.

1.A timer will be started once the first item is created.

a.During this timer any other guild leader with a completed kill quest set will be able to create their items as well.

b. Once the timer is finished everyone is kicked out of the guild dungeon and the creation dwarf room.

2. Each created item will reduce all seal counters by 100 or to 0 whichever leaves the counter at a higher number.

d. If you fail to create your god item during the event you will not lose progress on your kill quests. You can either wait for another guild to start the event or turn in another 50 seal token sets to start the event again.

#2 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:18 PM

Cat Pictures?

i-must-go-my-planet-needs-me-cat.jpg

Long thought provoked post incoming

#3 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:24 PM

I like this, more than what we have anyway.

#4 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan
  • Server:Loki Champ & Chaos RG

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:24 PM

Finally, time to finish dem sleips.

#5 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:35 PM

So any guild would have access to the dungeon during the event?

What sorts of monsters/MVPs would you be using? A low end MVP would be a bit of a waste but on the other hand something that requires a lot set up could be pretty awful to do too.

#6 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:37 PM

So any guild would have access to the dungeon during the event?

What sorts of monsters/MVPs would you be using? A low end MVP would be a bit of a waste but on the other hand something that requires a lot set up could be pretty awful to do too.

Only guilds that hold castles that can access that dungeon could get in. That way if a guild takes a whole realm... well no contest!

As for the MVPs/Monsters suggestions would be good!

#7 Tolrin

Tolrin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:41 PM

I'm not going to go into huge detail here, because I can't really be bothered, so I'll just say that I think this proposal is reasonably well thought out, and more interesting than the current system.

Off hand, a short list of things I see as potential problems, or good effects that it might have:

Taking all the forts in a realm could result in no interference, which could be either good or bad, depending on your perspective.  I think it could add an interesting goal for guilds looking to make or stop item completion.

Promotes guild participation and team work, which is fantastic.

Gives players of all levels a potentially valuable (saleable) quest reward in the form of the seal token, these would probably be in high demand.

Seal management (in terms of what quests are available or not available) becomes clumsy, how do you determine whether or not a character can complete the quests?  Maybe require completion of seal 1 or 2 in order to complete seal 3 or 4?  Otherwise everyone would just be able to make OCAs and ice picks while ignoring the more tedious quests.

Thats all for now I guess.

#8 Baturiano

Baturiano

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 3058 posts
  • LocationToronto Canada
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:57 PM

Only guilds that hold castles that can access that dungeon could get in. That way if a guild takes a whole realm... well no contest!

As for the MVPs/Monsters suggestions would be good!

RIP the chances of small guilds getting castles

#9 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:04 PM

This probably wont have a day to day effect on smaller guilds. You may see larger guilds trying to make sure they've got a spread of forts to make sure no guilds can make items but this is only really important when a guild *does* have a set and enough tokens to start the quest.

I've just thought of a couple of things.

Should a guild get an incentive to make an item if they dont own a bunch of forts in the realm? I mean like, sure if you own all the forts or are in an alliance with another guild and between you there's going to be no competition it kind of defeats the purpose (which again is probably not that hard right now due to population size). Some guilds will never be in this position which puts them at a pretty awkward place. But it does reward people for working together etc etc. So not sure!

Each dungeon is wildly different in size/shape/layout and some are obviously going to be better than others for various things. Depending on density you may just see any guild making an item doing it in one particular realm just because the dungeon suits the quest/mvp/monsters better. It may be better to figure out a way to make sure the quests are completable with/out at similar rates in all the realms.

Gwings....you'd probably want to disable those or something along those lines, I remember some of the Insur Gwing parties in Luina and there's really not much you can do to compete with or kill them.

#10 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:26 PM

Ok my thoughts.

First of all, I don't feel that my pvp participation in GD can actually prevent someone from killing an MVP. Especially if the MVP is as likely to kill me as the other guys. I think that static kills, like barricades, guardian stones, scattered throughout the GD etc would provide a better route toward actual PVP. I want to be able to stop them from killing something, to stop them making their item. Kamikaze eske mvp reflect gear etc would be unstoppable no matter what is done. I think the pvp part should be the hardest part and then spawn some kind of weak mvp they have to hunt down and kill.

Secondly, I think tokens should be char bound rather than vendable. This would force interaction between the players. Make them turn them into an NPC inside the castle and get the count up to where it needs to be. Reset this every time the castle breaks. (want to take your sweet time gathering tokens and doing quests? Hold your castle through Woe!)

and finally:

Megingjard : 400 tokens

MJolnir : 400 tokens

Brisigamen : 350 tokens

Sleipnir : 300 tokens

Why? Mjolnir is a financial thing in what it provides. Bris too, to a degree, you can do all sorts of stuff with it. Megingjard, no explanation needed. Ditto @ sleipnir until it's buffed.

#11 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:12 PM

I can't see anything majorly wrong with the proposal as it stands. A lot would depend on what kind of monsters and MvP you are thinking about. 6 hours also seems too long, I doubt any guild would actually spend 6 hours to prevent an MvP's death. I would say 2 hours is more reasonable. The MvP would have to be difficult, of course, and have a lot of hit points so it can't be blitz killed with megged fists or eske reflect (tbh, eske reflect should not even be a viable way to kill it but w/e).

#12 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:14 PM

Disable eske, ice wall, and res tokens (worst part of iro)  in GD and it could be good.

> comping any mvp with res tokens just makes it a zerg cluster -_-.

Edited by iamvrypwrful, 14 October 2013 - 05:14 PM.

#13 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:15 PM

I love the idea of tradeable tokens. This will help new players/poorer players to get some zeny and will make the market place MUCH more lively (and it needs all the help it can get).

Why the MVP thing? 

Also the other guilds will be able to go into the guild dungeon and attempt to stab, blast, or otherwise inconvenience the item creating guild by preventing the MVP’s death.

This part I don't understand. If griefing is allowed then thats fine (but nobody will kill MVP if I go there). No griefing allowed and just kill the other party will cause massive reports to come in. IMHO should just have trade in tokens (tradeable) to get god item.

#14 Flack

Flack

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:21 PM

I like the idea.

As for Tolrin's concern about always doing the last two quests.  Make it so the current cycle stays in place.  Have quest 1 go to 50 then it opens quest 2 and so on.  After the counters reach 100 the quest resets to 0 can cannot be accessed again until the prerequisite numbers have been met again.  This would keep the current item reward system in good standing and prevent people from making tons of icepicks

I think the number of seals required should be 250-300.  This makes it so players are required to complete roughly the same number of runs as the current seal run system.

Make it so the reset stone allows your chars to reset their seal status.  If you allow this then I would be ok with a higher number of seal tokens required.

Allow the items to be vendible. Why?  So players who are new to the server are given a huge incentive to complete these quests.  Even if you can't make the item it allows for another form of commerce in the game.

Some questions regarding the quest.

If other players trying to contest kill your monsters or the MVP do new ones spawn? Or, can they make the quest impossible to complete? 

I think you should make the monsters continuously respawn and after the kill count is met then you allow teleporation for that guild to another room to kill "insert difficult MVP"  This would avoid the above problem and allow for contention through the majority of the process.

#15 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:25 PM

Disable eske, ice wall, and res tokens (worst part of iro)  in GD and it could be good.

^

MvPing sucks on this server because of this. Disable it and maybe it'll work out.

#16 Nhoj

Nhoj

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:50 PM

B>Seal Tokens BULK

#17 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:12 PM

I want to be able to kill people

I want to be able to stop people making their items.

Satisfy these wants! I want GD wars like old times. I want a guild to have to fight me and my group to get to an npc (I don't care what it is) - I feel like mvp would be more frustrating than fun in a competed atmosphere.

(however, GD MVPs should be buffed because griefing people on those all day would be amazing)

#18 c00las

c00las

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:02 PM

Make Woe Supplies accessable via kafra shop, BG, Turn in items, MVP kills( make an voucher exchange), Castle Drops, Quest Rewards etc etc.

Make A Customize Map for a specific monster lets say High Orcs, Alice In the same Map Only 2 different kinds of monster in the map, has a time limit 30mins, non MVP/Mini Boss, drop rate and xp rate increase by 1.5x, 200k per instance, mob rate increase around 2x/3x... (VIP ACCESS ONLY) YES TO MAKE IT EVEN AND GRAVITY MAKE MONEY AT THE SAME TIME...

Population is 300 low 400 median 450 high some robot, some vendor don't make any sense why we have bunch of castle available close all of them leave  2 castle available WOE1 and WOE2... Castle Drop has medium chance to drop 4 different kind of God items pcs, Woe Supplies etc etc...

this is top of my head my add later on..

#19 Baturiano

Baturiano

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 3058 posts
  • LocationToronto Canada
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 15 October 2013 - 05:37 AM

make the mvp insanely hard to kill (when I mean hard I mean you can't kill it with just 2-3 people!) Make it so that when you die you respawn outside the dungeon so no res tokens allowed.

#20 Melancholfy

Melancholfy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 305 posts
  • LocationOrlando,Florida

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:07 AM

Agreed^and will Assumption,Back Slide Basilica ,Cultivate Plant, Endure Hocus-pocus ,Ice Wall, Snatch Teleport,Warp Portal Be disable in the GD?

#21 Chipotle

Chipotle

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1146 posts
  • LocationProntera back alley
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:45 AM

Speaking as a small guild's leader, the MVP part is a terrible idea. You're pretty much telling us to quit. Killing tier 1 mvps with 7-8 people is hard enough(takes some coordination), it will be extremely hard if you're worried about someone coming to mess it up. If you have 20 + people sure it sounds like a great idea! but with a population like on loki....you get my drift. The only way to make a god item is to buy a roll through another guild just like woe2.0. Basically the rich get richer.

#22 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:32 AM

Leave the old seal system in place and offer this as an alternative?

I agree it shouldn't be crazy hard. Seal quests aren't hard, just tedious. Turning this from just "hard work" to "impossible" would defeat the purpose.

#23 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:45 AM

One thing is for certain, we need to make it reduce the amount of characters to roll.

Good things i see so far.
-tradeable tokens. This will allow newer/poorer players to actually make zeny.
-anti ninja via tokens

#24 azertygf

azertygf

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 688 posts
  • LocationFrance
  • Server:RE:START

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:56 AM

You want add fun with remove part of fun. You propose thing but you probably can't script all of your proposition. This is a lot of work for you, for a team who can't make a decent event for iRO Classic. You probably have like 50-100 bug with this quest hunting monster ect. Probably the first god items gonna ninja by a bug that probably make some Drama. 

Good Luck.

#25 Raizel00

Raizel00

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:13 PM

as mentioned before i dont think ppl will wait 6hrs to def something......make it more like 30min-1hr.The mvp cant be easy obviously no easy mode tokens ,eske ,icewall,and etc.....and it sounds interesting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users