Resolution errors and other misc. problems - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Resolution errors and other misc. problems

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 aoimitch

aoimitch

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:31 PM

Hello,

My first issue is a resolution error, I can't get rid of the black bars on fullscreen unless i play in window mode (which is fine, but this is where I run into issue #2.)

In window mode, I am no longer able to double click anything on the client. Eg: I can't use items, open shops, or anything that requires double clicking. I have no idea why this happens, it works fine in Fullscreen, but then I have to play with the bars.

The only resolution in which i have no bars, is the actual desktop resolution, but in that case the text is far too small to even attempt to read. Any thoughts on this? I've read a couple threads on similar issues, and tried the suggestions but thus far nothing has worked properly.

(Edit: ) I can't even double click with the right mouse to reset the camera view (this drives me insane, lol.)

For reference;

Native resolution: 1600x1900

RO Res: (Windowed Mode - Double clicking disabled) 1600x1900

RO Res: (FS Mode - Text too small to read) 1600x1900

RO Res: (FS Mode - Black Bars on sides, but perfectly legible.) 1280x1024

OS: Windows 7, 8gb RAM, 4gb Video Card (ATI), DirectX 11 (and previous versions), all drivers are up to date.

Any and all help is appreciated.

Edited by aoimitch, 15 October 2013 - 06:37 PM.

#2 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:07 PM

Does alt+tab out and back into fullscreen mode fix the click issue? 

There's a similar clicking bug where all mouseclick events are lost, that is worked around by tab out and back in, and the client stops doing it after it's been running a while. 

#3 aoimitch

aoimitch

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:42 PM

Negative, I read that in another thread and tried it as well. It does nothing.

#4 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:29 AM

So at 1600x900, the text is a different size in full screen versus windowed?

Do you have a normal mouse? Any unusual settings related to mouse (accessibility?)

Have you tried both setting for mouse freedom?

This is a really strange issue...

Edited by DrAzzy, 16 October 2013 - 09:31 AM.

#5 aoimitch

aoimitch

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 11:45 AM

Negative, no unique settings to the mouse. It's just a normal usb mouse (and yes, i've tried a few different mice.) I have tried both settings for mouse freedom and also i tried replacing the mouse dll files, but nothing has worked thus far.

#6 aoimitch

aoimitch

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 02:33 PM

Any other thoughts on this very odd issue? Hoping I can get it fixed... =( not being able to double click items is a pain.

#7 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 16 October 2013 - 04:29 PM

So at 1600x900, the text is a different size in full screen versus windowed?

#8 aoimitch

aoimitch

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 05:37 PM

Sorry, Missed that post. xD Yes, the text size is clearly different in windowed versus window mode(s). It is much more legible in windowed mode than it is inside window (fullscreen) for some reason.

#9 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:58 PM

The tiny font bug! That's one that comes up occasionally. 

I think there is a thread somewhere with at least a partial fix for it. Like, I seem to remember it being resolved for someone, somehow, on the forums.

#10 aoimitch

aoimitch

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:01 PM

I've searched the forums for tiny font bug threads but all i've come across is nVidia users, and i'm an ATI user. Also, once the tiny font is fixed (which it's not right now) I still am not able to double-click with the mouse. This is so weird! It works fine in full screen, but it's just so darn tiny!

#11 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:52 AM

What was the fix for Nvidia users?

#12 aoimitch

aoimitch

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:04 PM

Going into their control panel for video card and enabling upscale for certain programs, or to let the programs control their own color/resolution. etc.

#13 aoimitch

aoimitch

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:54 AM

Any new thoughts or ideas? Sadly, ATI doesnt have options like that for nVidia, so i'm at a complete loss. Still cant double click items or camera angles.

#14 aoimitch

aoimitch

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 07:03 PM

Update: So I tried a few more things, I attempted a fresh install and deleted all of the dll files inside of the main folder. I then continued running the client and getting certain requirement dll's which I then placed into the folder from another computer's location. And now all of my problems are fixed, except for one. The one that Dr. Azzy referred to as the "Tiny Chat Bug" I can't find some helpful information on this bug at all, does anyone remember how the bug got fixed or patched? Thanks.

#15 aoimitch

aoimitch

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 07:09 PM

Is there anyway to change the size of the embedded fonts in /system/Fonts/ ? They are all in .eot fonts and i dont know how to edit their information without messing anything up.

#16 aoimitch

aoimitch

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 01:05 AM

Update, I am going to post some before and after screens. Let me know if you find anything that you realize as an error.

(When the font size worked in window mode, this is what I see)

Spoiler

Spoiler

And this is what i see now:

Spoiler

As you can see the text sizes are drastically different with the same resolutions and aspects. What would cause something like this to happen?

Update: I have solved the double clicking issue, but for reasons un-known to me. When it was time to install maintenance, something went wrong from there. My solution was to remove every .dll file that is in my ragnarok folder (Backing them up by moving them to another folder.) And then proceeding to load RO and seeing which dll's it would say that are required. To make a long story short, there are several dll's that are unncessary to run ragnarok and I have no understanding as to what they are used for.

So as far as my problem goes now, it is just the font size in fullscreen aspect. Is there any way to fix this "Tiny" bug font? or should I just continue playing in windowed mode forever.

P.S: Thanks for the help and information, and to other users on this forum since the majority of the information I got came from self trial and error, and warpportal forums of course. Wonder people you have here (With the exception of the team who responds to Tickets.) =)

#17 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 23 October 2013 - 12:11 PM

It was dinput.dll (mouse freedom) causing it. That one generally FIXES mouse problems, not cause them - but that's the one that fiddles with the mouse input. 

As for the text size, that is working correctly - you don't have the tiny-font bug (that makes the text much smaller - less than half the size it is now). 

The screenshots with the "correct" text size are taken at 800x600 resolution - if they look larger, it's being scaled up to fill the window.  

The screenshot with the "small text" looks like it's been actually taken at a higher resolution (your image host scaled it down, so I don't know the original resolution it was taken at)

I can read the text even on the scaled-down image, though. What size screen are you using that you're having trouble reading it on?

#18 aoimitch

aoimitch

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 02:46 PM

My screen res is 1920x1080, and if i use anything smaller than this.. i get black bars on both sides which is super annoying.
The problem is with trying to read 1920x1080 text when you are several feet away from the monitor. (I usually play from my bed, with wireless kb and mouse.)

#19 aoimitch

aoimitch

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 02:47 PM

Is there anyway to upscale text inside the game settings? or make the fonts larger themselves...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users