Champion Monsters - Page 3 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

Champion Monsters

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#51 azumak1

azumak1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1347 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos!

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:09 PM

efbLlnX.png

I found a few last night when I was recording. Champion Monsters seem to be the majority spawn for a given map. The ones I ran into had about 10x the HP, and that Aliza Ringleader had two Alizas as summons. :3

#52 NoxiousOrchid

NoxiousOrchid

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 755 posts
  • LocationLA, CA
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:48 PM

There are about 310 champion monsters added.  They are split into 5 different groups:  Ringleader, Solid, Swift, Furious, and Elusive.  Each prefix reflects a different type of buff.

For Homunculus/Mercenary AI reasons, here are all the champion monsters based on ID.   Some of these may be wrong name wise and the IDs were pulled from the kRO patch.  (Not sure if those match up to ours) (Main Source: http://nn.nachtwolke.../npclist/?qq=56 )

Elusive (they have a dark blue like Aura)

Spoiler

Ring Leader (monster is blue)

Spoiler

Solid (has a green aura)

Spoiler

Swift (has a 150 aura)

Spoiler

Furious (monster is red)

Spoiler

Note: From my few checks, Solid monsters have 10x hp (tested on 8), Elusive had 5x hp (tested on 3).  I haven't really sensed any of the others yet, so I might go exploring the world here soon. 

Also, the reason the lower monsters seem to drop fly wings when it isn't a normal drop is due to the sequence kRO got them.  We haven't received the update that changes the AI and drops of many low end monsters yet, but since kRO already had it when they got Champion Monsters, we got lucky and had that small change already applied to them.

Edit: Forgot Jing Guai under elusive.  Fixed. If anyone knows what WEAK_SKELETON refers to as a monster, please let me know.  That is the only one I couldn't figure out (and it is slightly bothering me).

Edited by NoxiousOrchid, 19 October 2013 - 10:53 AM.

#53 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:07 PM

Shecil.. I thought I caught all those. I set it so the name will be fixed next maintenance.

Also it's Damon not Demon!

#54 PedroProplayer

PedroProplayer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos/Renewal

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:41 PM

There are about 310 champion monsters added.  They are split into 5 different groups:  Ringleader, Solid, Swift, Furious, and Elusive.  Each prefix reflects a different type of buff.

For Homunculus/Mercenary AI reasons, here are all the champion monsters based on ID.   Some of these may be wrong name wise and the IDs were pulled from the kRO patch.  (Not sure if those match up to ours)

Spoiler

Spoiler

Solid (has a green aura)

Spoiler

Swift (has a 150 aura)

Spoiler

Furious (monster is red)

Spoiler

Most informative post in the thread.

#55 Draciolus

Draciolus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2035 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:12 PM

I'm actually enjoying seeing all these Champion Monsters out there. So far on the latest char I've made(which is just now doing the second job test) I fought 1 of the Mandragora, 3 of the Caramel, 2 of the Holden, 1 Elder Willow...and that was just in the past 40min. xD

#56 mrdiablo

mrdiablo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:15 PM

I just updated my fansite and added the translated version of these monsters. Sadly I don't have the monster stats at the moment.

You can find them by searching the prefix/suffix.

ringleader on divine pride monster search
solid on divine pride monster search

If you are recording the champion monsters feel free to upload your replays to my site. They will be parsed and monster stats will be scanned. Of course using Sense in a replay will give a lot more information about a monster, but we also need data that is not in sense. (Movement speed, attack speed, attacked speed, and for kRO monster HP)

Edited by mrdiablo, 17 October 2013 - 11:19 PM.

#57 s3nd0

s3nd0

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1132 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:21 AM

I just killed a champion sniper in bio3, bombs are doing -_-ty dmg(around 100k each without lex), they had similar hp as a 99 sniper or mvp(?) which i can do 200k+ dmg on the 99 or mvp........Its kinda butthurt : (

#58 Iinker

Iinker

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:53 AM

I just updated my fansite and added the translated version of these monsters. Sadly I don't have the monster stats at the moment.

You can find them by searching the prefix/suffix.

ringleader on divine pride monster search
solid on divine pride monster search

If you are recording the champion monsters feel free to upload your replays to my site. They will be parsed and monster stats will be scanned. Of course using Sense in a replay will give a lot more information about a monster, but we also need data that is not in sense. (Movement speed, attack speed, attacked speed, and for kRO monster HP)

Is clicking the little download icon on replay page supposed to bring you to an error page :( ?

#59 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:49 AM

For Homunculus/Mercenary AI reasons, here are all the champion monsters based on ID.   Some of these may be wrong name wise and the IDs were pulled from the kRO patch.  (Not sure if those match up to ours)

Spoiler

Spoiler

Solid (has a green aura)

Spoiler

Swift (has a 150 aura)

Spoiler

Furious (monster is red)

Spoiler

Note: From my few checks, Solid monsters have 10x hp (tested on 8), Elusive had 5x hp (tested on 3).  I haven't really sensed any of the others yet, so I might go exploring the world here soon. 

Also, the reason the lower monsters seem to drop fly wings when it isn't a normal drop is due to the sequence kRO got them.  We haven't received the update that changes the AI and drops of many low end monsters yet, but since kRO already had it when they got Champion Monsters, we got lucky and had that small change already applied to them.

Edit: Forgot Jing Guai under elusive.  Fixed. If anyone knows what WEAK_SKELETON refers to as a monster, please let me know.  That is the only one I couldn't figure out (and it is slightly bothering me).

Furious has 5x HP (tested on Zombie)

Ringleader has 5x HP (tested on Boa)

Swift has 5x HP (tested on Bloody Butterfly)

Added "HP" due to the below post. Figured it was obvious enough without it :p_err: .

So they all have 5x HP except the Solid which has 10x. Kind of a shame, I was expecting the ringleaders to at least have more considering they have a summoned mob.

Edited by Tkwan, 18 October 2013 - 11:17 AM.

#60 PedroProplayer

PedroProplayer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:09 AM

5x HP, you mean?

#61 RoseRed21

RoseRed21

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 462 posts
  • Server:Chaos and Thor

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:37 AM

Are they naturally aggressive? E.g. those empowered lunatics

And what about boss property monsters, do they get champions too xD

They are like their original counterparts when it comes to being aggressive or not. 

ex: champ lunatic passive like Lunatics : champ orc warrior aggressive just like regular orc warrior

btw does anyone know if these are untameable? O.o

Edited by RoseRed21, 18 October 2013 - 06:12 PM.

#62 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:17 PM

They are like their original counterparts when it comes to being aggressive or not. 

exp: champ lunatic passive like Lunatics : champ orc warrior aggressive just like regular orc warrior

btw does anyone know if these are untameable? O.o

They are not tameable.

#63 meowington

meowington

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 407 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:25 PM

So what are the card drop rates on the champ monsters? Is it still .01% for the normal card or is it buffed?

#64 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:05 PM

even if the card drop rates were double for Champions it still wouldnt be worth just hunting them for the cards...

#65 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 3287 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 18 October 2013 - 05:04 PM

There appear to be multiple champions on a single map, at least on the harpy map. I had 2 Harpy Ringleaders on me at the same time earlier.

#66 RoseRed21

RoseRed21

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 06:11 PM

They are not tameable.

i see ok.. :p_sad:

#67 RoseRed21

RoseRed21

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 06:15 PM

There appear to be multiple champions on a single map, at least on the harpy map. I had 2 Harpy Ringleaders on me at the same time earlier.

I think it depends on the map. I had 1 Solid lunatic in south prontera but like 4 Swift Medusas in west Comodo. :hmm:

Edited by RoseRed21, 18 October 2013 - 06:16 PM.

#68 PedroProplayer

PedroProplayer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 06:04 AM

I had 2 champion Antler Scarabas on my screen at the same time.

#69 Zoltor

Zoltor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1345 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:16 AM

Can someone explain to me about champion monsters(where they can be found, do they have special drops, ect), as It's clearly a pretty new feature, and I've been away for a couple of years?

#70 NoxiousOrchid

NoxiousOrchid

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 755 posts
  • LocationLA, CA

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:59 AM

Can someone explain to me about champion monsters(where they can be found, do they have special drops, ect), as It's clearly a pretty new feature, and I've been away for a couple of years?

That is what we are still trying to find out.  We were given Champion Monsters last Wednesday, so we have very little information.

#71 Zoltor

Zoltor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1345 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:10 AM

That is what we are still trying to find out.  We were given Champion Monsters last Wednesday, so we have very little information.

Oh ok, that explains things, I was wondering why I haven't even heard of them, I was busy this past week, so haven't even logged in. I'm glad that It's a super new feature, although it would be nice if the admins would give a heads up when a content patch/expansion is gonna be coming out soon, with a list of the main additions(sadly I don't think doodler is around anymore, since the future wiki hasn't been updated past the renewal patch, so we really need the admins, and GMs to be more open about when a patch comes/what comes with a patch)..

Edited by Zoltor, 19 October 2013 - 10:13 AM.

#72 NoxiousOrchid

NoxiousOrchid

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 755 posts
  • LocationLA, CA

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:52 AM

They do give us a rough timeline on when they expect new content (usually).  I believe we are getting something else in November/December as well, but I don't remember what it is.  Usually you can ask during Oda's weekly livestream if you aren't sure.  I do agree that it needs to be much easier to find.

#73 Draciolus

Draciolus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2035 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:24 AM

I can't remember which Champion monster I killed, but it was something that doesn't normally drop Fly Wings, and it ended up dropping one for me. I think it might have been a Caramel actually. So I think there is a chance they will drop other items too...unless it was bugged.

#74 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:39 AM

I can't remember which Champion monster I killed, but it was something that doesn't normally drop Fly Wings, and it ended up dropping one for me. I think it might have been a Caramel actually. So I think there is a chance they will drop other items too...unless it was bugged.

This is because champion monsters use newest drop table (up to date with kRO) whereas non-champion monsters have slightly outdated drop table. There was a change that added fly wing to drop table for level 1 ~ 50 monsters on kRO.

#75 Draciolus

Draciolus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2035 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:49 AM

Ok, that makes sense then. Thanks for the info.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users