[Closed] berserk overlapped when fully buffed by a cleric (champs) - Resolved Bugs - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

[Closed] berserk overlapped when fully buffed by a cleric (champs)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16 replies to this topic

#1 EveryBodysHatin

EveryBodysHatin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 142 posts
  • Location저희 집 ♕ Occupation: 학생
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 18 October 2013 - 06:10 PM

i can't use berserk when i am fully buffed it says ''Cannot be overlapped'' when i am fully buffed 

#2 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 18 October 2013 - 06:20 PM

We'll need to look more into this.

Thank you for this information!

#3 DrunkinMonkey

DrunkinMonkey

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 630 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/Slothnessmonst1
  • LocationBrisbane / QLD / Australia (GMT+10)
  • Server:There can be only one :D

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:25 PM

infact even my hawkers rapid twitch cannot overlap itself before it HAS run out im thinking the may be a general theme with all buffs maybe?? ill look on my cleric later

#4 DrunkinMonkey

DrunkinMonkey

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:16 AM

cleric buffs seem to be able to rebuff over as usual but self buffs it seems cannot rebuff or "over" Buff with

#5 gnxx

gnxx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:28 AM

champ's buffs also can't overlapped itself to extend the time duration

#6 EveryBodysHatin

EveryBodysHatin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 142 posts
  • Location저희 집 ♕ Occupation: 학생

Posted 19 October 2013 - 06:17 AM

Yeah please don't make this week go on like this ;o this needs to be fixed immediately. thank you :)

#7 benkoh

benkoh

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:11 AM

pls fix this soon

#8 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:16 AM

Please be aware that the "not overlapping" issue is because the buff cannot be 'dispelled' which means, even a stronger buff will not override it of the same kind. These buffs never 'stacked' either, so the complaints regarding a Cleric's buff removing the buff once cast, was also affected. This is not entirely a bug, but an effect of making the certain class skills protected from the dispel effect.

#9 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:32 AM

Leonis this is a problem in group combat because if you are with a cleric you can't even use your own class skills, and in the case of Berserk a very vital skill for Champions. Say you are in Crystal Defenders. The cleric on your side is going to have party buffs and thus everyone in the party receives an additional damage buff. 

#10 benkoh

benkoh

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 11:52 AM

Once upon a time, we were playing crystal defenders. My champ received a Full buff from our fs cleric. I used berserk to increase my damage by 50% and i was "very happy".

Now everytime i use it, it says "cannot be overlapped".

The end

#11 Banrukai

Banrukai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts
  • Location中国China
  • Server:.¤·°­·.¸ Arua ¸.·°­·¤.

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:11 AM

Please be aware that the "not overlapping" issue is because the buff cannot be 'dispelled' which means, even a stronger buff will not override it of the same kind. These buffs never 'stacked' either, so the complaints regarding a Cleric's buff removing the buff once cast, was also affected. This is not entirely a bug, but an effect of making the certain class skills protected from the dispel effect.

This is indeed an issue. 

I'm assuming you have it this way because, at this current time, you can't just set a variable to make it "cannot dispel", on any given buff.

Limitations of the current database I presume?

As for the "stacking" of Valkyrie / Berserk, I made a suggestion for this at some point; I suggested that, instead of making it stack, have it temporarily disable the cleric's Valkyrie for the duration of the Berserk buff, than restore the Valkyrie buff's current state and time. The Valkyrie buff would still be there, and the timer still going, but the effects wouldn't count until the Berserk buff wore off.

#12 icedbuko

icedbuko

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 12:08 AM

Then why are you selling skills in ITEM MALL 500 IM points (BERSERK) if its no use at all huh? 

#13 Logi

Logi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1060 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 07:19 AM

Certainly something to look at, I've had several complaints from champions last week that I cast valk charm on them. I waited with casting and let them move away but since I now got the full 6 dual buffs if I want to cast add stats I'll also cast add dmg. Single target buffs are hell for CD, so how about giving all the self buffs ( no cleric) a priority when buffing, I cannot overlap it, but they can overlap my buffs. All of them are now short timed powerfull buffs so it would lead to the downside of loosing the buff since they last only shortly. But in a pinch ill buff them so they wont be THAT much weaker until they recast their own buff when they need it. Is this possible with the current mechanics ? Hell if I know so I trust youll make something up, but as long as its fair and logical I'm all for it.

#14 GeorginaSummer

GeorginaSummer

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 08:34 PM

"BERSERK" is the Bread and Butter of Champions. Please bring our berserk buff back. PLEASE! :'( so sad i could cry.

#15 thebusiness

thebusiness

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:52 AM

Same with Dual Raider. I can't use Evasive Guard when I already have a defense and dodge buff

Which is supposed to be my signature buff, If I get fully buffed I should be able to replace my current defense/dodge buff with this my own. it would make sense when it wears off for me to have no defense/dodge buff at all

But in PVP and dungeons, clerics cba to not buff me certain buffs and then I get screwed out of using my skill.

#16 DrunkinMonkey

DrunkinMonkey

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:31 PM

these buffs should be able to be dispelled end of story the whole point of those buffs is for that specific class to gain advantage in battle if it cannot be dispelled what is the point of debuff skill now after all debuffing said person is your way of gaining control of teh situation again... if the debuff skill was to strong before put a bigger cooldown on it ..

i know alot of people who just wont play champ anymore some only vend now and as stated its pretty much every class that has some kind off buff they can nolonger cast when fully buffed like my mage "add dmg"

unfortunatly like logi i also have the duel buffs on my cleric which frustrates alot of people that im buffing but i cant stuff around with single buffs

Edited by DrunkinMonkey, 14 November 2013 - 02:32 PM.

#17 Genesis

Genesis

ROSE Developer

• Community Managers
  • 2066 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 21 February 2014 - 04:16 PM

Closing this as Berserk is due to become a stackable buff when the skill changes are moved over from Pegasus.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users