Tiki Tuesday Question lounge 10/22 - Bahooka Tiki Lounge - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Tiki Tuesday Question lounge 10/22

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
29 replies to this topic

#1 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 21 October 2013 - 11:41 AM

E komo mai, e noho mai, e 'ai a e, wala 'au!

Aloha and welcome. 

Come schlep on down on a outrigger canoe to the Hidden Island lounge, where everyday (but mostly Tuesdays) have a Tiki theme. During this special time on Tuesdays 3pm PDT, I chat about what kind of things we have going on in Ragnarok Online for the week's maintenance. So slap on a Aloha Shirt, pull up a barstool, order a mai tai and stick around for our Tiki Tuesday live show, broadcast live from within Rune Midgard. 

*By the way I am completely open to people creating art for Tiki Tuesday so I can highlight it on the stream...*

So ask a question here and I will try to get it answered tomorrow. For the most part if your question is about an upcoming or unreleased something from kRO the answer will probably be "we will look into it" but in general we are already asking about those to kRO and when we get confirmed implementation information we will share it ASAP with the community.

Bali Hai by Exotica heavyweight Tak Shindo

Tiki Recipe of the week:

The Blue Hawaii (modified by Jeff "Beach Bum" Berry)

A tiki bar mainstay popularized by the Elvis movie of the same name. For those that were disappointed by the obscure items needed for the last cocktail, this one is easily constructed from off the shelf. Invented by Tiki pioneer Harry Yee in Honolulu, the Blue Hawaii  A decent starter for those looking to try an authentic tiki cocktail. 

2 oz Pineapple Juice (Dole fresh or canned works well)

3/4 fresh squeezed lemon juice (about 1 good sized lemon)

1/4 oz simple syrup. I like to use Agave syrup like Trader Sam's at the Disneyland hotel. Since it's sweeter you only use 3/4 as much agave. 

3/4 oz Blue curacao. This inexpensive orange flavored liquer can be found in relatively small bottles in most supermarkets. 

1/2 tsp cream of half and half

1 1/2 oz vodka (you can also go traditional and have 3/4 oz light rum and 3/4 oz vodka)

Shake well with plenty of crushed ice. Pour unstrained into a tall glass. Garnish with orchid and pineapple slice. 

blue-hawaii-and-green-motu.jpg

Image from Amountainofcrushedice.com Enjoy Responsibly!

#2 Weazy15

Weazy15

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 964 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, California
  • Server:Chaos (Renewal)

Posted 21 October 2013 - 11:47 AM

This looks good! I'm going to try and see if i could make this one! :D Aloha!

E komo mai, e noho mai, e 'ai a e, wala 'au!

Aloha and welcome. 

Come schlep on down on a outrigger canoe to the Hidden Island lounge, where everyday (but mostly Tuesdays) have a Tiki theme. During this special time on Tuesdays 3pm PDT, I chat about what kind of things we have going on in Ragnarok Online for the week's maintenance. So slap on a Aloha Shirt, pull up a barstool, order a mai tai and stick around for our Tiki Tuesday live show, broadcast live from within Rune Midgard. 

*By the way I am completely open to people creating art for Tiki Tuesday so I can highlight it on the stream...*

So ask a question here and I will try to get it answered tomorrow. For the most part if your question is about an upcoming or unreleased something from kRO the answer will probably be "we will look into it" but in general we are already asking about those to kRO and when we get confirmed implementation information we will share it ASAP with the community.

Bali Hai by Exotica heavyweight Tak Shindo

Tiki Recipe of the week:

The Blue Hawaii (modified by Jeff "Beach Bum" Berry)

A tiki bar mainstay popularized by the Elvis movie of the same name. For those that were disappointed by the obscure items needed for the last -_-tail, this one is easily constructed from off the shelf. Invented by Tiki pioneer Harry Yee in Honolulu, the Blue Hawaii  A decent starter for those looking to try an authentic tiki -_-tail. 

2 oz Pineapple Juice (Dole fresh or canned works well)

3/4 fresh squeezed lemon juice (about 1 good sized lemon)

1/4 oz simple syrup. I like to use Agave syrup like Trader Sam's at the Disneyland hotel. Since it's sweeter you only use 3/4 as much agave. 

3/4 oz Blue curacao. This inexpensive orange flavored liquer can be found in relatively small bottles in most supermarkets. 

1/2 tsp cream of half and half

1 1/2 oz vodka (you can also go traditional and have 3/4 oz light rum and 3/4 oz vodka)

Shake well with plenty of crushed ice. Pour unstrained into a tall glass. Garnish with orchid and pineapple slice. 

blue-hawaii-and-green-motu.jpg

Image from Amountainofcrushedice.com Enjoy Responsibly!

#3 michaeleeli

michaeleeli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2784 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil/Chaos

Posted 21 October 2013 - 11:49 AM

Is Silent Breeze going to be enabled? It's been fixed for a very long time, but still disabled on all maps - all they need to do is enable it! No need to "look into it" further

And yessssss I just got my drawing pad so Imma practice draw for this =3

#4 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:01 PM

When are you going to give in and just carve a tiki for the video streaming room?

Why don't we see you drinking fruity drinks during the stream?

#5 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:11 PM

HR looks down at drinking tasty rum and fruit juice drinks during shift. 

#6 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:30 PM

Is Silent Breeze going to be enabled? It's been fixed for a very long time, but still disabled on all maps - all they need to do is enable it! No need to "look into it" further

And yessssss I just got my drawing pad so Imma practice draw for this =3

You guys really need to answer this. I don't get why it's now disabled on all maps even though it's been fixed -properly- this time.

#7 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:50 PM

you need to look into the Red Eruma Card... it doesnt seems to be working (with ninja magics at least) i used it to hunt scaraba and i got 2 scaraba cards and teh curse effect never took effect one single time

#8 ReshiramFlare

ReshiramFlare

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 278 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:08 PM

What day/time are you changing Renewal WoE1 to? When is this change starting?

Edited by ReshiramFlare, 21 October 2013 - 02:18 PM.

#9 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:23 PM

We haven't made a choice of time and date yet, still reading the feedback from the community, but the change won't be taking place for a while. 

#10 ReshiramFlare

ReshiramFlare

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 278 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:25 PM

Ah ok, just wanted to make sure we could prepare accordingly this week since I heard change was originally gonna take place on the 22nd.  :p_smile:

#11 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:29 PM

Are you guys seriously just going to ignore it?

#12 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:41 PM

Classic questions:

You mentioned last week that you were working on a timeline. How far away are we going to be getting an outline for the next few months (we havent had one in a while).

In the same vein, how soon are we going to see some of the changes in the Foundry. It's very important that we get something to increase the ability for a guild to supply their members for siege before people just start giving up. Even a temporary option for people to get supplies through BGs has to happen soon. Right now the guild supply issue should be one of your highest priorities for Classic.

#13 Kieri

Kieri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2995 posts
  • Server:Nothing.

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:10 PM

How long are we going to dance around the fact that TI's have killed the major aspects of this game and that most of community are way too used to this easy levelling with TI that any effort to try and restore some life into PvM again would be hard to accomplish. TI's should of been something like enriched if anything. People have this odd mentality now that racing to 150 is great and then once they hit 150 they complain there's nothing to do. That's because you're not meant to level that fast :| 

Edited by Kieri, 21 October 2013 - 07:23 PM.

#14 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:13 PM

If you can't drink on the job you should look at working on Guild Wars. Much better "daily activities" fly under the radar heeueheue

#15 rinlen02

rinlen02

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 251 posts
  • LocationThe U.S. State with the King's Guard
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:33 PM

Aloha, Oda. I'm glad I'm seeing some of the local spirit on the forums (if you need a local recipe, let me know.)

In your opinion, how would more exploration be encouraged to players?

Bonus recipe: Spam Musubi

This here is a popular food in Hawaii. A local delicacy. I love this!

spam_musubi.jpg

Wash uncooked grains of rice and put it in a rice cooker or simmer with boiling water until white.

Take a can of SPAM and slice it in 7-10 slices, depending on how thick you want it.

Oil a frying pan and fry slices for abut 2-3 minutes on medium heat or until the outside is slightly crisp

Take some nori and slice it so it covers a single slice of SPAM horizontally.

After the rice is cooked, scoop a handful and form it into a rectangular shape the same size as the SPAM slices but much thicker.

Add some shoyu to the SPAM to taste and place it on top of the rice or between two slabs of rice.

Wrap it in nori and apply water to the edges to seal it.

Enjoy!

(Optional step: For breakfast, add some scrambled eggs between the SPAM and rice!)

#16 michaeleeli

michaeleeli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2784 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil/Chaos

Posted 21 October 2013 - 09:51 PM

03S8YEt.png

Sorry >.< It's my 3rd time ever drawing something...I know there's lots of mistakes in here t.t

It's Tuesday and Oda is living his dream, but since its a work day, the transformed Camp is yelling at Oda to go back to his streaming work ;o

I'm sure lots of people know which reference I used~

Edited by michaeleeli, 21 October 2013 - 09:52 PM.

#17 RaveMaster

RaveMaster

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4046 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 02:39 AM

XD Good image bro   :no1: 

#18 Razgriz

Razgriz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:48 AM

Sent you guys Oda and Heim, a message regarding a ticket, if any of you could answer it would be amazing, thank you!

#19 NoxiousOrchid

NoxiousOrchid

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 755 posts
  • LocationLA, CA

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:08 PM

Can you request the following?
-Scaraba Nightmare Mode +Cards

-These Cards:  Queen Scaraba, Parus, Pom Spider, Cendrawasih, Butoijo, Leak, Lamp Ray (Sropho), Octopot (Pot Dofle), King Kray,  Kraken, Coelacanth (Monstrous, Dark, Mutated, Savage), Siorava, Wild Rider, Octopus Henchman, Giant Octopus

-Low Level Monster Update (plus fly wing drop update for lvl 1-50 monsters)

-HP Bars for monsters (not for MVP)

-Monster shadow's size changed to match sprite size

-Apple, Banana, Carrot, and Potatoes are buffed in healing power (Juices as well)

-Job Exp from lvl 100+ monsters increased

-Monster shadow's size changed to match sprite size (omg those anopheles: http://i22.photobuck.../screen093.jpg)
-Halluciation effect changed to invert screen (wont be removed with /effect)
-25 New Hat making quests

-These since they are already in the client: (some are ugly but why not?)

hair_f_28.jpghair_f_29.jpghair_m_28.jpghair_m_29.jpg

-The New Carts: (not 100% sure if these are them) (http://i68.photobuck...carts2_noBG.png)

fbg8pg.jpg

Important stuff too when you can Oda. I just like the little things that enhance gameplay as well.

#20 Kieri

Kieri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2995 posts
  • Server:Nothing.

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:18 PM

Yeah would be pretty neat that if every maintenance we had something new every week even if it is tiny such as new carts slowly filling the gaps between us and kRO which is constantly growing :| Also any news on the new BG queuing system  which I asked about last week.

#21 JIGSAW

JIGSAW

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:34 PM

When will level 160 or GH instance hit?

#22 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 22 October 2013 - 01:20 PM

How do you guys (GMs/CMs) cope with having to deal with the community... how do you guys not just lose your minds on a daily basis?

#23 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 22 October 2013 - 03:02 PM

A sense of ironic detachment, always. 

#24 Retaks

Retaks

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1103 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 03:54 PM

I'm pretty sure that the major consensus at the moment is for WoE to remain on Wednesdays and have maintenance moved to another day.

Spoiler

Edited by Retaks, 22 October 2013 - 04:02 PM.

#25 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 22 October 2013 - 04:30 PM

Can you request the following?
-Monster shadow's size changed to match sprite size

-Job Exp from lvl 100+ monsters increased

-The New Carts: (not 100% sure if these are them) (http://i68.photobuck...carts2_noBG.png)

fbg8pg.jpg

Unless they have updated those in kRO, they can't just change that for iRO.

Edited by CharAznable, 22 October 2013 - 04:44 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users