Windows 8 NVidia Graphics Cannot init d3d problem - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Windows 8 NVidia Graphics Cannot init d3d problem

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 DiegoSHM

DiegoSHM

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:51 AM

i had already read the topic about this problem but it couldn't help me to solve this problem, i get into desktop color settings but the other interfaces aren't showed and i just can't keep playing on a 3x3 screen hope for help thanks :)

#2 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:57 AM

Can you please link to the other topic, or state what things you have tried, and what the symptoms you observe are? 

Are you trying to run full screen? That doesn't work in Win8. 

When you open setup.exe in your RO folder, what's selected in the top two menus? If there's nothing in either menu, that will cause the Cannot init d3d error (because you can't initialize direct 3d if you don't know how big to make the window or what graphics device to display it with). Make sure your graphics drivers and DirectX are installed, and if they are and it's still not showing anything, try properties -> Compatibility, and set it to WinXP SP3, and try running it again. You'll probably have to set the game to the same compatibility mode as well. 

#3 DiegoSHM

DiegoSHM

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 12:02 PM

in graphic setting: GeForce Nvidia GTX 765M and in Screen size there's is no options available

#4 DiegoSHM

DiegoSHM

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 12:12 PM

http://forums.warppo...ank-screen-etc/ this its the topic its yours actually and i had already installed directx, i tried to run it in full screen but if it doent run in win 8 how do i do to change the size of the windows screen to play?

#5 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 23 October 2013 - 12:14 PM

http://forums.warppo...ank-screen-etc/ this its the topic its yours actually and i had already installed directx, i tried to run it in full screen but if it doent run in win 8 how do i do to change the size of the windows screen to play?

RO does not work in Full Screen mode on Win8. Everything else works on Win8, though you may need to fiddle with compatibility settings.

Open setup, and configure the resolution (this determines how big the window will be) and uncheck full screen, and you should be good to go. 

If there aren't any options in setup for resolution, that's when you need to fiddle with compatibility settings. 

Edit: Oh, didn't see the first of the last two posts (that's why you should use the edit button instead of double posting!). Play with compatibility mode options for setup until it gives you resolution options. 

Edited by DrAzzy, 23 October 2013 - 12:18 PM.

#6 DiegoSHM

DiegoSHM

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 12:26 PM

it worked thanks alot :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users