how to fix "Can't ini d3d" or screen resolution error on Window 8 - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

how to fix "Can't ini d3d" or screen resolution error on Window 8

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 sapiperah

sapiperah

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:01 AM

I had same problem with resolution error, try to find solution for 2 days.

and finally fixed the problem.

The problem with window 8 is that, the setup.exe and setup.exe classic won't display the screen option and won't work on FULL SCREEN.

therefore we have to change it through setup.exe and setup.exe classic properties (both have same settings)

I going to do it step by step, some of us might be still newbie,

step one:

after the installation, right click on Ragnarok online (not classic) shortcut-----open file location-----setup.exe (not classic)

------right click------properties (all the way to the bottom)------click on compatibility in setup property

------change settings for all users--------activate or check on run as administrator-------apply------ok

--------run compatibility troubleshooter------use recommended setting----run test.............................

...................Notice setup setting popup, change the screen setting to what ever fit you, just don't use the last one because full screen.....

-------- I use 1680  1050 16 ------

step two:

-----------------------Ragnarok online (not classic) shortcut-----open file location-----SETUP.EXE  CLASSIC

------right click------properties (all the way to the bottom)------click on compatibility in setup property

------change settings for all users--------activate or check on run as administrator-------apply------ok

--------run compatibility troubleshooter------use recommended setting----run test.............................

...................Notice setup setting popup, change the screen setting to what ever fit you, just don't use the last one because full screen.....

-------- I use 1680  1050 16 ------

screen resolution setup.exe and setup.exe classic has to be same.

after the set up, use run as administrator on ragnarok online short cut-------close

run as administrator on ragnarok online classic short cut ---------------close

now congratulation enjoy the game!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users