Item Mall And Limited items - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Item Mall And Limited items

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Nodke

Nodke

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 98 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 29 October 2010 - 10:06 AM

This is nothing more than a scam buy something for 6$ and gone in a month? its better to 2x the price and make it permanent and whyBigwheel pay to get something you dont want or even something you cant use if it comes out opposite gender? put thoseitems on the shop. i was thinking of wasting money on the game but when i saw the 30 days and Bigwheel i put my wallet away im sure a lot of ppl would buy permanent items and alot wont waste money on something were the chance of getting every piece of what you want is below 1% because getting every piece you need in the bigwheel is probably impossible you should really think how youre customers feel rather than how hungry youre pocket is

Edited by Nodke, 29 October 2010 - 10:07 AM.

#2 Anni

Anni

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 02:48 PM

meh, i agree with this more than 100%, but no one else cares, and that means less money for the company, so this ain't happening, sadly.

not sure who would pay money to only get random items that they may not even be able to use or even want; not sure who came up with that ludicrous idea but somehow it's still making them more money than just having regular fashion sets, apparently.

#3 Nodke

Nodke

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 07:06 PM

still i wish they think about the ones playng rather than themselves

#4 Meecro

Meecro

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 07:49 PM

agree 100%

#5 Tundra

Tundra

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 278 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 09:23 AM

Despite the bad grammar, I agree. Permanent items sell more than limited ones. The player base is small, but they stay in business because 90% of the costumes last forever. The players are then more inclined to buy them. However, a player WILL get bored with them, and then buy another one. Again, they're more inclined to buy them because they know they'll always have them. Further more, PARENTS are more likely to give their kids money to buy cash shop items if they see they don't go away. The idea of buying pixels is simply stupid to begin with, so adding a "only lasts for a month" note to it just puts it on the short bus.

The idiot who put limited times for cash shop items must have skipped his marketing classes.

I could state examples, but it's mostly common sense. A funnier way to look at it is - people with money buy things; poor people rent. Poor people do not have the money to rent pixels.

Edited by Tundra, 01 November 2010 - 09:23 AM.

#6 Spenc52

Spenc52

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 November 2010 - 10:06 AM

I agree 100% with this. Most people would want to buy permanent items because if they get bored with them, they know they can always sell them. If they bought a temp item, and they really liked it, but then logged on 30 days later and it was gone they would be angry.

The big wheel in my opinion a bad addition. I know it is different then most games, but most people just want a certain set. The same goes with mix board, it's all up to luck. And I for one, have terrible luck. More people would spend money on items they know they will get and get to keep forever, instead of just trying their luck and hoping for the best. Also the poster above me has an excellent point, parents would buy more points for their children if they knew they could keep the costume forever.

You would probably make more income if you add the big wheel and mix board items as items you could buy seperatly.

My cost Idea would be:
Regular big wheel sets: 900 IM points
Advanced big wheel sets: 1100 IM points
Regular mix board sets: 1500 IM points
Advanced mix board sets: 1800 IM points
Special mix board sets: 2000 IM points
Of course you have power over this game, so you can easily tweak the prices. And of course, you could keep the big wheel and Mix board as well in case they maybe want one or two items from a set, which is very unlikely.

Right now I have 2400 IM points, and I would happily spend all of it to ensure I get the permanent Devil set.

#7 Coldbrand

Coldbrand

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 05:07 PM

Yeah, newsflash Gravity, there's no way in Hell I'm paying real money for an imaginary item that disappears in a month. Permanent items will be the only way you'll ever get a dime out of me.

#8 needo2

needo2

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 06 November 2010 - 02:11 PM

Time Limited equipment are retarded
Ive quit so many games because of that
Id get it if its a boost or something, but sets ?

reduce the lag, make sets permanent, get a Pay with Phone option (zong) and I'll buy the Acolyte set + some wings

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users