• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#1 cody010

cody010

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 01:17 AM

Where are all the Mobs? That place is dead? How are we supposed to level up? Hitting Solo Mob 1 by 1? Dude bring the Mobs back in prison Dude.

Edited by Naughty, 31 October 2013 - 01:34 AM.

#2 SlowBob

SlowBob

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 1718 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 31 October 2013 - 01:27 AM

For each mob you kill, more mobs will spawn. Kill a few mobs there and you'll see what i mean :P

#3 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:33 AM

The Sikuku Prisoners have served their time and were released back home into Xita.

Edited by Phish, 31 October 2013 - 07:59 AM.

#4 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:34 AM

What a shame, with all these prisoners gone I guess you can't bot anymore. Oh gee, the world has come to an end.

#5 Banrukai

Banrukai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts
  • Location中国China
  • Server:.¤·°­·.¸ Arua ¸.·°­·¤.

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:20 AM

Lol Jerremy. That's exactly why people will complain.

#6 cody010

cody010

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:38 AM

dude if u think   cutting mobs in prison will stop the botting then u are dead wrong!! look at ruins  at spiders, look at kenji beach , look at  junon   market place, they repeat what they say all night long in trade chat  with programs!!  they aoe  botting in ruins! and so is kenjiji..........  the deal is to cut the botters not to  lower the mobs  man its like if theres hackers in the cyber world then we spend less time surfing the net? dosent make a dam sense to me senate . kill the botters no cut the mobs,  rose online game ya going backwards

#7 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:41 AM

The deal is to cut the botters, so why are you still here? Also, if you actively use a spawn, the mobs will multiply so they're still there, just takes more effort.

#8 Logi

Logi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1060 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:55 AM

Where are all the Mobs?

"Burp"  ugh srry bout that

increased spawns with increased killing ^^

#9 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 31 October 2013 - 09:16 AM

cody010, as you've no doubt noticed, Sikuku Prison underwent a change. There are indeed less mobs to visually see initially, but we've made some use of game mechanics to add some diversity to the experience in the zone. There were two goals to the change, one being to discourage the 'afk farmers' and encourage active party play, by shifting the experience every once in a while, the longer you stay. In addition, we've added several quests that will require you to explore the area, for those less inclined to take up arms.

We will continue to make changes like this to the known locations players seem to 'afk farm' for leveling, as that is not how game play is intended to proceed and we want to reward those who actively play, vs those who find other lazy methods.

#10 Castanho

Castanho

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1549 posts
  • LocationGarden of Aru
  • Server:That one

Posted 31 October 2013 - 09:26 AM

I'm not sure fi rose have are that fun to make the players spend 3x more time to level up.

Sure the botting isn't a nice deal, but no one want to play hours to get 1 level, of stay playing for hours. I mean, make the game very hard so, deactivate the multi-clienting and make more chalenged to play solo and complete quests, find partys..

#11 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 31 October 2013 - 09:30 AM

I don't see why people are saying that it'll take longer to lvl up. There's some sweet spots there really, I've seen xp values between 100 and 300k (values may have been distorted due to wearing an xp costume), and the spawns are decently big if you work them hard. Shame I can't test it out fully cause no one bothers to actually try it out and they just move to ruins instantly.

#12 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 11:53 AM

The stats and experience of the monsters were changed. With the increased stats, they gained experience yield as well. I've seen some parties do quite well from being active, but that's what it will take. An active party. No more being lazy here!

#13 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country

Posted 31 October 2013 - 04:58 PM

I applaud what Leonis and the devs have done with Sikuku Prison. I earnestly hope it happens on Kenji, Ruins, Orlo and all the other well known botting spots. Just today, a friend and I were leveling on Orlo at the one Mastyx spot. After awhile, this other party shows up, and immediately starts ksing us, and taunting us. Several minutes later, they were all quiet, and you can see aoes being done when no mobs are present, and the cleric is spam healing, even when the "patient" is not recieving any damage. We got ShazamO to check them out, but they happened to be at their keyboards. Hours later, they were still there, and still botting. We just eventually moved to another, albeit a not quite so good spot.

#14 MaxMan

MaxMan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts
  • LocationRose Veteran
  • Server:Leonis/Aura

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:05 PM

the only thing i hate whit prison is that there is some monsters i cant see and that ruin my bourgs lvling there other then that i dont mind the change oh and no i dont waist my skill point to get that wannabe skill so i can see them i have more importen skills to use it on :)

#15 dom33fr

dom33fr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 382 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 12:01 AM

There were two goals to the change, one being to discourage the 'afk farmers' and encourage active party play, by shifting the experience every once in a while, the longer you stay....

want to reward those who actively play, vs those who find other lazy methods.

No more being lazy here!

The real goal you will achieve is losing many customers, and thus, $$$. I would bet quite a bunch of money that this is, actually, what you're gonna make happen.  I totally agree with Castanho, the time where it needed hours and hours (or days) to get 1 level is over, no one wanna play this kind of crap anymore. Make your game harder by removing "afk spots" from people that actually got money, pay you, and don't have the time to play (because they work, for real  $$ you know) (so they bot) but spend real $$$  in the game for you (IM) and what you're doing is killing your own business lol...

my 2 cents

#16 cody010

cody010

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:16 AM

IF YOU BRING BACK THE MOBS IN PRISON LIKE THE OLD DAYS ILL SPEND 10K USD  IN ITEM MALL  FULL STOP

#17 gnxx

gnxx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 03:11 AM

then why not just add a "level booster" (make your character level up 25~30 level) that's worth around 10k USD in the item mall?

I wanna see how many people actually want to buy them

#18 Logi

Logi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1060 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:52 AM

where it needed hours and hours (or days) to get 1 level is over, no one wanna play this kind of crap anymore. Make your game harder by removing "afk spots" from people that actually got money, pay you, and don't have the time to play (because they work, for real  $$ you know) (so they bot) but spend real $$$  in the game for you (IM) and what you're doing is killing your own business lol...

my 2 cents

It always funny to see people respond like this, trust me gravity has their own people who worry about money, just trust their corporate greed, ofcourse they wont create something that wont give them money. You actually typed here that you dont have time to play the game, then why do you? Gravity just realised that these people are killing the game, making other people stop playing until only you are left..... it doesnt matter how much money you spend on IM, you can't take the place of the all the people that left. You work for real $ which you spend on Rose because you dont have time to play Rose..... you should read what you type before you post it.

If you respond to this could you respond to the different points I made here and not make another random comment about how you pay $ and that gravity needs that and you. I sometimes pay real money too, this doesnt mean I get a vote in how to run gravity.....

my 3 cents.....

#19 muppet

muppet

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 37 posts
  • LocationEngland
  • Server:leonis

Posted 01 November 2013 - 08:12 AM

It always funny to see people respond like this, trust me gravity has their own people who worry about money, just trust their corporate greed, ofcourse they wont create something that wont give them money. You actually typed here that you dont have time to play the game, then why do you? Gravity just realised that these people are killing the game, making other people stop playing until only you are left..... it doesnt matter how much money you spend on IM, you can't take the place of the all the people that left. You work for real $ which you spend on Rose because you dont have time to play Rose..... you should read what you type before you post it.

If you respond to this could you respond to the different points I made here and not make another random comment about how you pay $ and that gravity needs that and you. I sometimes pay real money too, this doesnt mean I get a vote in how to run gravity.....

my 3 cents.....

Talking about money and the costs involved with developing a game, I cannot understand the logic behind wasting time changing a perfectly acceptable map because of botters, would time not be better spent placing a warning when the game loads and then spend a few minutes a day, visiting the popular spots and issuing temporary bans? (Until such time 3 bans have been received and a perm will follow, or whatever Gravity's system is for banning).

That would keep everyone happy for minimal work and would allow the development "team" (Genesis and the hamster generating the electricity to keep the servers running)

#20 Logi

Logi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1060 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 08:27 AM

Muppet, thats two thumbs up for your response ^^, productive and you give reasons, thank you.

I wonder too if making more ingame content should be put up as more important but still these botters are annoying.and will use the new maps like they did/do the old ones. While you are right that these little things wont stop everything completely what you need to remember is that rose in an old game. The code in this game is also old and making changes that we find simple are not always easy to implement. The skillupdate has opened up alot for the DEVs as far as in told by Leonis and Gen's responses on the forum, like having an elemental system.

Botting should be punished with a few temp and finally a perm ban, agreed, but these people also shuffle their money and stuff around accounts. Some cannot be banned just like that, as innocent people could get involved.

I loved the old prison and perhaps different changes could have been made but its also true alot of people were botting there and it wasnt getting any better. As long as we can look forward to more, as you said, maps/ content/development.....

#21 cody010

cody010

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 11:00 AM

we should make a place where theres masss monsters where even botters wont survive means u need a huge pack of army to  farm together hehe that d be fun ! even they have new players dosent mean they would spend in item mall

#22 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 12:24 PM

muppet, the fact that you saw the map as "perfectly acceptable" concerns me because the map had no in-depth thought to it. It was literally just a square, with a few sections, and the spawn placement was, again literally, just a grid of single spawn points with short timers. This left it undesirable to have any decent story or content to it, because mobility would have been constantly hindered from the lack of 'safe spots' you could take a break in while traversing the map. This, to me, was one of the poorer maps developed and implemented from back in the day. Yes, it may have been fun because of the leveling speed, however, if you were to really look at how much interactivity you were getting, the challenge and stimulation you got from it, it was quite low as evident from the constant 'afk parties' that would sit at the door step. You didn't even need to venture much further, because it was so saturated there, the majority reason for moving deeper was because the front door was already taken. No, this was not a map I would cal "perfectly acceptable."

As for banning botters, doing one, five or even a hundred a day, wouldn't stop the core cause of why they do it. They found a spot that was easy and to be lazy with. I mean, you do understand that this is a game and as a developer one of our goals is to make the content stimulating, fun and engaging. Do you really expect us to look at these locations and say, "Yes! We just made the most awesome grind spot ever!"

Because of the nature of most 'afk' players, it's nearly impossible for us to have a work force to spend reviewing every spot, all day, just to put a stop to it. Because in the end, we need sleep, there aren't enough of us to run 24/7/365, to cover all maps and locations. But, what we can do, is make adjustments to discourage such behavior and lazy play style. I understand why it's done, I will forever state my belief that I think it is silly and hurts the player in the end because they miss out on a lot of things that can make an MMORPG great, by playing with others and making those bonds.

Something I would like you to know is that the process of hunting those players down and take action on them is far more work involved and is not a "minimal work" task. It is actually one of the more time consuming and involved processes, because it requires full and constant attention of the staff member to be monitoring for such activity, with no actual end. You may think, catching one person or one group, would be the end, but it isn't. There are other locations and other players ready to take their place, which means the staff member would need to continue monitoring. Even periodic checks is a constant monitoring task, because they would have to go from location to location, by the time they finished checking all locations (even if they didn't go through the time needed to t suspend anyone) by the time they reach the end of the list of locations, they would need to go back to the first to start all over. And they need to do this on two servers, not just the one you play on. Both.

The staff that does this, also answers the tickets submitted. They cover a wide range of customer service tasks.

As Logi mentioned, future content is always going to be something we will continue to work on and towards. The Skill Update did in fact open many doors to us, which we put to some use with the content update for the Sikuku Underground Prison and new Frozen Corpse Halloween costume, I hope everyone enjoyed. Many new mechanics were used, we learned a lot behind how to offer such mechanics in future quest contents as well. So we will continue to do so and implement as able.

As far as the prison goes though, there were several intentional design impacts made. The Infiltrators now cloak, to give use and consideration to the skills that classes have to detect invisible targets. Each spawn has the potential to get fairly large and ugly, to encourage that party play and sticking around in areas. This was to allow for parties to still continue staying in one location for the sake of experience grinding. The spawns will shift to add a diversity in combat needs though, which should keep combat more interesting than facing the same monster over and over and over and over and over and over and... well, you get the point.

Long story short, the changes we made to prison were to add to the lacking stimulation and diversity of offered challenges the zone had to offer. In doing so, we also had it in mind to combat the issue of 'afk' players by making their ability to do so less than that of an active party. At the same time, adding more activities within the zone for those who aren't interested in the mass slaughter of monsters. The two new NPCs and their quests. :)

#23 cody010

cody010

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:17 PM

i was there today  in prison and i saw the infinators ( which are already annoying in the past) which are now invisible and less  mobs are alot less populated, thats why its EMPTY NOW, why?  why would u go to prison and have to deal with  those annoying  infinators when u can just relax with spiders in ruins but most of all, why? why do we have to go to prison? IS there rare drops ? NO ., can u  train there  as easy as ruins  NO  can u buy food or  do anything else  there NO  and  is there anoyone in prison farming or leveling now? NO <------  hahaha its just like mcdonalds and kfc, are the food healty for u ? NO but why they have huge business ? because they listen and do know how to target their customer.  what rose team needs to do is to have a focus group and see what the players  want , i mean i played this game since 2005 , i just wanna make some suggestions about the game before i go to bed,  1 allow mic voice chat with other players, 2  improve castle gear , 3 make it so that when we fight vs each other in tg the players can put up gear or money and the winner takes all, 4 ban all the trade chat non stop  spammers, they are even  more annoying then the zulie sellers. 5  like i said before  an area where theres mass i mean super mass mobs  where it needs team work like non stop healing and like u neeed to be really spending in item mall and good gears so u wont die and thats how u make money man. and 6 , i dont think advertise is the issue here, i think if the game is good, simple word of mouth can get the game packed, truth is rose isint as fun  because theres no really good content inside , people maxed out levels get bored  , the quest are boring ,  please, look at the shops, 3 bill for a chiva set?  how do people earn 3 bill without buy and selling item mall  , prices are too ridicilous, i think these are all i can think of at the moment but i wanna give credit to rose that the repair hammers are back like  before where u can carry them  which is alot more convinent

#24 IAfjiBa

IAfjiBa

Cleric Representative/Community Member of the Month for June

• Members
  • 1451 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:50 AM

Levling in this game is to easy, not even fun. You can even max level on one day. My self I love power levling see how fast the levling comes, but its not so fun when you stand there, Max level in Junon and the levling part took just 4 weeks.  I think this is a good change. Make Rose online more challange.  :p_smile:

#25 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:49 AM

I agree buffies, This is the easiest MMORPG to level in that I have ever played.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users