What happened in prison! - Page 2 - ROSE Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

What happened in prison!

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#26 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:52 AM

Some of you are saying make Rose more challenging or make an area where massive amounts of mobs come to make the game more challenging.  But you are thinking about once you are max level.  When you are a new player and you do not have all the uber gear the older players have amassed there are a lot of areas that are challenging.  When you make your suggestions you have to think about all players.  There are a lot of players that like to solo play, maybe with just their own characters, there are new players, there are players that do not have a lot of great gear, there are players with all the best gear and max level, etc. 

Go to AP, Zant, Luna, etc and talk to some of the new players (lately it has been hard to find many new ones, I know) but, they are really hurting on finding parties.  So many of the good leveling places have botters sitting there.  They are not even present to accept a new player into the party.  When you go from party to party and ask to be added or ask questions on where things are, and no one answers you, you tend to get really discouraged.  Botters are hurting the game because they take over the better areas for leveling or farming.  I wish Leo would redo the low level places like he did Prison.  Start at Kenji beach and then Gorge and then Ruins.  Then add more spots to Orlo for leveling since most just go to mastyxs.  

Sadly the fun of leveling and getting to know more people is gone atm.  There are not enough new players to party with and the old players just party themselves and then find a place to bot.  It used to take months to years to level but that was ok because there were always new people to meet, parties all over the place and things to do.  I wish the experience for new players was as much fun as I used to have.  

#27 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:54 AM

I am with Bendersmom on this one. In fact, I expressed pretty much the same sentiment in another thread.

#28 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:25 AM

Bendersmom & pdfisher, it is because of sentiments like yours regarding those areas, Prison was done. It just happened to be the first area to be 'serviced.' :) It'll be between larger projects that additional areas will get similar treatment and through such, you may discover new monsters will be added over time.

Imagine, a Krawfy that's ranged and spits water at you... ups the challenge a little. ;)

#29 PureCreativity

PureCreativity

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2164 posts
  • Location--

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:34 AM

If the monster density does get degraded, there should be a consideration of an overal EXP increase on those monsters, I think even if players will use such areas to bot & grind it will take a  week before they reach level 230, and i'm not talking about the Sikuku Ruins where parties get killed all the time.

*Quests in the areas
*More EXP overall

Should do the trick.

#30 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:38 AM

If the monster density does get degraded, there should be a consideration of an overal EXP increase on those monsters, I think even if players will use such areas to bot & grind it will take a  week before they reach level 230, and i'm not talking about the Sikuku Ruins where parties get killed all the time.

*Quests in the areas
*More EXP overall

Should do the trick.

And that is exactly what Leo said he did in Prison.  he added quests and more exp to the mobs.  

#31 PureCreativity

PureCreativity

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2164 posts
  • Location--

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:48 AM

And that is exactly what Leo said he did in Prison.  he added quests and more exp to the mobs.  

Well I didn't notice any difference in the exp, it's going as slow as usual, with overall more exp I mean instead of having to kil 10.000 of the same mobs you should only kill 7.500.

etcetc

#32 SlowBob

SlowBob

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 1718 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 10:04 AM

as slow as usual....aha.....i think you are doing something wrong......

Edited by SlowBob, 04 November 2013 - 10:04 AM.

#33 PureCreativity

PureCreativity

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2164 posts
  • Location--

Posted 04 November 2013 - 11:05 AM

as slow as usual....aha.....i think you are doing something wrong......

3 hits to kill a mob at 215% aspeed isn't really slow imo.

#34 EmoCutt

EmoCutt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1963 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 04 November 2013 - 11:23 AM

I agree with the changes made to the prison, but now, 160+ is freaking difficult to level. There really isnt anywhere to level... Sure a few mobs scattered here and there, But killing one monster at a time... and needing millions of exp, makes 1 level take such a long time. I cant be the only one who doesnt wanna take a year to get 160-230 haha. :P

Edited by EmoCutt, 04 November 2013 - 11:24 AM.

#35 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 04 November 2013 - 12:29 PM

The best thing to do is go to prison with a good party and try leveling.  If the experience is not very good or you can't get a good amount of mobs then message Leo or make a post here, but add specifics.  I leveled in a party of x amount of people that were this and that class for an hour and we only got # of levels, etc.  Then he can see how drastic or not drastic of a change he made and adjust it accordingly.  If you give the devs a good example and reasons why something should be changed they are more apt to make changes.  

Statements like it takes forever or I can't get to 230 in a day probably are not very helpful and part of why it was changed.

Edited by Bendersmom, 04 November 2013 - 12:30 PM.

#36 EmoCutt

EmoCutt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1963 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 01:23 PM

I went there yesterday, with a few people. I cleric'd and we all ended up dying because we kept getting put to sleep, the sleeps were so long that the entire party died before i was able to heal. So everyone gave up and went to ruins.

#37 PureCreativity

PureCreativity

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2164 posts
  • Location--

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:03 PM

I went there yesterday, with a few people. I cleric'd and we all ended up dying because we kept getting put to sleep, the sleeps were so long that the entire party died before i was able to heal. So everyone gave up and went to ruins.

That my friend ^ is what happened to me and some friends aswell..

#38 EmoCutt

EmoCutt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1963 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:11 PM

Statements like it takes forever or I can't get to 230 in a day probably are not very helpful and part of why it was changed.

Its not that i wanna get to 230 super quick, or in a day. I believe before they made a drastic change to the prison they should of thought of alternative leveling areas, as there are none. Sure you can say try the other maps around eldeon, but i have. Took 3 hours+ to make a single level 165-166. Not very motivational. :x

That my friend ^ is what happened to me and some friends aswell..

Glad im not the only one.

#39 cody010

cody010

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:34 PM

prison are nowhere near exciting , its annnoying  to deal with the infinators and its no populated    so  the botters are mostly botting at ruins

#40 DrunkinMonkey

DrunkinMonkey

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 630 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/Slothnessmonst1
  • LocationBrisbane / QLD / Australia (GMT+10)
  • Server:There can be only one :D

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:55 PM

The best thing to do is go to prison with a good party and try leveling.  If the experience is not very good or you can't get a good amount of mobs then message Leo or make a post here, but add specifics.  I leveled in a party of x amount of people that were this and that class for an hour and we only got # of levels, etc.  Then he can see how drastic or not drastic of a change he made and adjust it accordingly.  If you give the devs a good example and reasons why something should be changed they are more apt to make changes.  

this is a good idea Mom i have a mage & scout at around 165 (on same acc) that i would like to lvl in a little while (having a break for few days after 2-3wk binge :P) would be good if i we could organise a decent party or 2 and see how the new mobs go because atm my pve characters dont really have decloak higher then lvl 1 :( and it now seems like a must ave sill wetehr your gonna pvp or pve if u intend to lvl...

On a side not Leo i think we need more Areas with mobs wetehr ther done like prison mob style for faster lvling at xxx lvl ranges but other eariers that give low xp but great drops so people can choose to smash in some lvls or chill out and make a little cash.

example, i usually power lvl untill lvl 80 then farm through to lvl 145 before trying to find a party to help lvl up (and farm being the old prison was good for both as is ruins) but once back to orleo you hit block of crappy xp and crappy drops through to max lvl unless u get 1 spot which is good drops but slow lvling or 2/5 good spots are fast lvling ...

#41 Clockwyrk

Clockwyrk

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 04 November 2013 - 10:04 PM

cody010, as you've no doubt noticed, Sikuku Prison underwent a change. There are indeed less mobs to visually see initially, but we've made some use of game mechanics to add some diversity to the experience in the zone. There were two goals to the change, one being to discourage the 'afk farmers' and encourage active party play, by shifting the experience every once in a while, the longer you stay. In addition, we've added several quests that will require you to explore the area, for those less inclined to take up arms.

We will continue to make changes like this to the known locations players seem to 'afk farm' for leveling, as that is not how game play is intended to proceed and we want to reward those who actively play, vs those who find other lazy methods.

= <3

#42 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country

Posted 05 November 2013 - 03:16 AM

Bendersmom & pdfisher, it is because of sentiments like yours regarding those areas, Prison was done. It just happened to be the first area to be 'serviced.' :) It'll be between larger projects that additional areas will get similar treatment and through such, you may discover new monsters will be added over time.

Imagine, a Krawfy that's ranged and spits water at you... ups the challenge a little. ;)

I love this idea! Bring it on!

#43 kwayan19

kwayan19

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1031 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 03:47 AM

dancing skeletons

#44 Clockwyrk

Clockwyrk

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 November 2013 - 03:58 AM

I love those skeletons!  They're so cute!

#45 alvinmx

alvinmx

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 150 posts
  • Server:ARUA

Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:09 AM

Ok i tried prision whit this results ;

I went to the last room of prisión whit a lvl 203 champ and a 216 cleric, why this room? because the mobs located at this room are the only ones who are Green or red for my champ/cleric.

Champ is wearing a Chilvarous full set ref (15), a hardened spear (15), junon order /d7 plus lava ring/necklace D7, doctors pack ref (15) - as i like the 55 atk power stat on it.

Cleric is a mix of int jewelry whit b7 on it, a chilvarous orlean set ref (15). Weapon on cleric is a hardened orb wand (15) b7 whit no use - as cleric job is buff-heal only.

We died in a couple mins..... I tried 2-3 more times, whit the same results. Infis are way hard to kill (my champ cant uncloack so i could only AOE them), mute of mobs last SOOOOOOOOO LONG, exp rates were increased yes, but its not much better than ruins, but yes it is way waaay harder tan a spider.

I must add that it was not posible to find anyone to party, as no one is leveling on prisión anymore. Anyway, i am a solo player. I am a married wroking man, I can only play 1 hour per day (2 hours the good days :p_love: ) TOP and most of that hour i need to go afk for short periods of time as my wife is yelling to me for any reason lol.

This map was an easy leveling área? i think it was. A lot of botters were on this map? Maybe a 70% of the guys leveling there were botting. This map was ruined whit this changes? At least it is ruined for the solo players or the small partys. I doubt some1 can level decently in here, at least in the deeper rooms.

I know gms are encouraging us to party and trying to make this game more challenging, but to be honest, there is less and less people to party whith now on, and there would be some people like me who preffers to lvl alone.

Leo said that this map was not intended to be like that, that might be right, but it was one of the places where i used to had the must fun. Im pretty sure that a lot of us are going to miss prisión, the back in the old days prision.....  :sob:

#46 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:21 AM

I should mention that your chivalrous sets have -40% pvm offense and -20% pvm defense.

And I hated the old prison with all my heart.

#47 alvinmx

alvinmx

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:52 AM

Jerremy thnx for the info....lol i just came back into the game a couple months ago..... so all my zullies spent on those chilvarous sets for all my characs are a waste as i never pvp?. So the atk power and the def that i see on the carácter stats window are not real?..

The unique weapons have the same atk power for pvp as pvm?. 

Oh my....

#48 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:14 AM

Chivalrous sets are no longer useful in pve situations. If you really do never pvp, it would be best to sell them (you can get quite a few billions out of one set, so you should have a reasonable amount of cash) and get either a brave or courage set. Reinforced works reasonably well too.

#49 SlowBob

SlowBob

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 1718 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:17 AM

yes alvin, you better sell your chiv gears and get some brave gears.

#50 alvinmx

alvinmx

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:41 AM

Madness.... so what is better for a knight/cleric?? I have seen several sets out there, courage, precious, brave....

:p_swt:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users