What happened in prison! - Page 3 - ROSE Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

What happened in prison!

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#51 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:53 AM

For knight/cleric brave would be best since it has +40% pvm defense, but dmg wise courage would be best.

#52 alvinmx

alvinmx

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 150 posts
  • Server:ARUA

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:07 AM

Thnx Jerremy, ill take a look in Junon for those sets. I think i have seen a lot of people selling courage, but never seen a brave for a lvl 200+.

:hmm:

#53 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 06 November 2013 - 02:05 AM

Madness.... so what is better for a knight/cleric?? I have seen several sets out there, courage, precious, brave....

:p_swt:

Alvin, go to Orlo with your two chars and do the Valor Quests that the npc there give you.  You will level and get valor points.  Or do some dungeons to get valor points.  Then get your knight some Brave or Courageous gear.  In the mean time you can get reinforced for both chars.  Once your knight has gear you can get it for your cleric but they are ok with the reinforced.  

Leo, I think the stuns/sleeps in prison last too long.  People that are trying ti out there are dying because they are all slept constantly and can't even heal.  If you can't kill anything because you are constantly stunned or slept then you will never get exp.  Maybe you could lower the time some or make less mobs do that.

#54 alvinmx

alvinmx

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 09:16 AM

Alvin, go to Orlo with your two chars and do the Valor Quests that the npc there give you.  You will level and get valor points.  Or do some dungeons to get valor points.  Then get your knight some Brave or Courageous gear.  In the mean time you can get reinforced for both chars.  Once your knight has gear you can get it for your cleric but they are ok with the reinforced.  

Leo, I think the stuns/sleeps in prison last too long.  People that are trying ti out there are dying because they are all slept constantly and can't even heal.  If you can't kill anything because you are constantly stunned or slept then you will never get exp.  Maybe you could lower the time some or make less mobs do that.

So Bendersmom, which NPC give this kind of quests in Orlo?

And agreed, some adjustments in prision would improve the game experience in that map. :heh:

#55 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country

Posted 07 November 2013 - 01:28 PM

All the NPCs that give valor quests in Muris, will have the title Valor Quest Giver above their name. I think most are in the middle row of the city.

#56 gnxx

gnxx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 04:32 PM

I thought there's only 1 valor quest giver in Muris?

#57 Radxr

Radxr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 249 posts
  • LocationJunon
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 November 2013 - 07:42 PM

5  like i said before  an area where theres mass i mean super mass mobs  where it needs team work like non stop healing

"non stop healing" is what botters do, if the Developer team put in such an area that required "non stop healing" don't you think botters would take an interest in it ?
Seeing how botters non stop aoe and heal the other botters, don't you think that super mass mobs would just encourage more people to bot ?

Yes, as you mentioned, it would require really good gear to survive there, all they would need is good cleric gear and average other class gears which are easy to get.

Radxr

#58 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:54 PM

Ok i tried prision whit this results ;

I went to the last room of prisión whit a lvl 203 champ and a 216 cleric, why this room? because the mobs located at this room are the only ones who are Green or red for my champ/cleric.

Champ is wearing a Chilvarous full set ref (15), a hardened spear (15), junon order /d7 plus lava ring/necklace D7, doctors pack ref (15) - as i like the 55 atk power stat on it.

Cleric is a mix of int jewelry whit b7 on it, a chilvarous orlean set ref (15). Weapon on cleric is a hardened orb wand (15) b7 whit no use - as cleric job is buff-heal only.

We died in a couple mins..... I tried 2-3 more times, whit the same results. Infis are way hard to kill (my champ cant uncloack so i could only AOE them), mute of mobs last SOOOOOOOOO LONG, exp rates were increased yes, but its not much better than ruins, but yes it is way waaay harder tan a spider.

I must add that it was not posible to find anyone to party, as no one is leveling on prisión anymore. Anyway, i am a solo player. I am a married wroking man, I can only play 1 hour per day (2 hours the good days :p_love: ) TOP and most of that hour i need to go afk for short periods of time as my wife is yelling to me for any reason lol.

This map was an easy leveling área? i think it was. A lot of botters were on this map? Maybe a 70% of the guys leveling there were botting. This map was ruined whit this changes? At least it is ruined for the solo players or the small partys. I doubt some1 can level decently in here, at least in the deeper rooms.

I know gms are encouraging us to party and trying to make this game more challenging, but to be honest, there is less and less people to party whith now on, and there would be some people like me who preffers to lvl alone.

Leo said that this map was not intended to be like that, that might be right, but it was one of the places where i used to had the must fun. Im pretty sure that a lot of us are going to miss prisión, the back in the old days prision.....  :sob:

1. You are a Champion, not a class designed to tank.
  2. You are wearing PvP equipment. That immediately makes you weak against monsters and will take more damage as well.
  3. You did not use your Battle Alertness to make fighting them easier and solely relied on doing AoE damage, instead of the added direct damage you could have been doing, via melee.
    • The detection skills classes have, will become more and more useful as we continue to go over areas and give them a bit of a redesigning touch to up the challenges and diversity in how combat is conducted. Consider spending the 1 skill point to at least have it handy for the future.
  4. I don't know what your party was made up of or how you were being supported.
  5. The level range of the dungeon isn't intended to take you to max level. If leveling here is not worth the experience, move on.There are other higher level areas you can hunt. This map was largely designed for parties to take advantage of, than solo play.
    • There is solo play content available, but that doesn't mean it isn't easy either.
    • The solo content doesn't even require that you fight. Check the NPCs in the dungeon and see what kind of help they could use. If you're able to make it to the final room, you can accomplish these quests with relative ease and may need to fight just to get through to the locations you need to.
  6. I'm confused how you make the statement that the map was "maybe a70% of the guys leveling there were botting" and then say "The map was ruined with this changes". Are you saying you're ok with others gaining experience without playing? How is that fair?

#59 DrunkinMonkey

DrunkinMonkey

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 630 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/Slothnessmonst1
  • LocationBrisbane / QLD / Australia (GMT+10)
  • Server:There can be only one :D

Posted 08 November 2013 - 01:05 PM

the only problem i really have with teh infiltrators being invisible is that we are now all forced to take the decloak skill even if were just pve only and as stated above its going to ecome a much more common thing in the game...

iv only ha d a quick look through prison and i think it was a great job but i dont think iv seen anyone there since the update however since not everyone bots i can only asume this is due to the infiltrators needing decloak?

#60 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 08 November 2013 - 02:27 PM

The experience might have to be adjusted to make Prison a more viable place to level now, but I do not know since I don't need it.  also, people go in now and don't see massive amounts of mobs so they leave for another place.  i think once people try it out and find out that they can get mobs going they might go back there.  We will have to wait and see.  I am sure most have moved on to find another botting spot to level.  Also remember, there are not that many people leveling up like there used to be, so there may not be many people there either.

#61 thebusiness

thebusiness

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 02:38 PM

I came to prison on my noob to level in the first room. I had my cleric buff me then i tried to solo and kill some mobs, i had decloak and killed the infis. the mobs were pretty hard to kill solo, and only gave decent exp. 

But eventually all the prisoners disappeared and turned into infis o.o and they kept debuffing me :(

I guess the place is only meant for parties now. So where can I solo with only my cleric to buff. For level 160+?

#62 unyoyo

unyoyo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:06 PM

Levling in this game is to easy, not even fun. You can even max level on one day. My self I love power levling see how fast the levling comes, but its not so fun when you stand there, Max level in Junon and the levling part took just 4 weeks.  I think this is a good change. Make Rose online more challange.  :p_smile:

to make it more challenge pls dont use the time use the skill.

#63 alvinmx

alvinmx

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:25 PM

1. You are a Champion, not a class designed to tank.
  2. You are wearing PvP equipment. That immediately makes you weak against monsters and will take more damage as well.
  3. You did not use your Battle Alertness to make fighting them easier and solely relied on doing AoE damage, instead of the added direct damage you could have been doing, via melee.
    • The detection skills classes have, will become more and more useful as we continue to go over areas and give them a bit of a redesigning touch to up the challenges and diversity in how combat is conducted. Consider spending the 1 skill point to at least have it handy for the future.
  4. I don't know what your party was made up of or how you were being supported.
  5. The level range of the dungeon isn't intended to take you to max level. If leveling here is not worth the experience, move on.There are other higher level areas you can hunt. This map was largely designed for parties to take advantage of, than solo play.
    • There is solo play content available, but that doesn't mean it isn't easy either.
    • The solo content doesn't even require that you fight. Check the NPCs in the dungeon and see what kind of help they could use. If you're able to make it to the final room, you can accomplish these quests with relative ease and may need to fight just to get through to the locations you need to.
  6. I'm confused how you make the statement that the map was "maybe a70% of the guys leveling there were botting" and then say "The map was ruined with this changes". Are you saying you're ok with others gaining experience without playing? How is that fair?

Thnx for your response leo, and i agree to all your points except whit point number 6. As u well said, its not ok that others gain experience whitout playing, but its a fact that a HUGE percentage of the active players know how to bot, have already done it or are doing it right now. I have seen players of some of the most old and famous clans doing it......which really disappointed me as i expected more from the people who has been loyal through the years to this game.

So I really dont care, cheaters exist (in game and in real life) but we dont punish everyone in society because a bunch of rotten apples.....even if the mayority are rotten apples. Im just saying that I am disappointed about the changes made to the map, its easy to figure out when a change was good or not for a place, now the map is empty, that must be proof enough that the community dislike what u guys (whit the best intentions i realize that) made to the area.

Its like if u guys own a restaurant which used to be always full of people and u changed the food offered in the menu becasue some of ur costumers asked for something more flavored. Now ur restaurant is always empty...not even those who asked for those changes came back to the place.

Easy solution, put back the old menu :) or at least make it a lot alike that the old one?.

Cheers everyone!

Edited by alvinmx, 08 November 2013 - 04:29 PM.

#64 cody010

cody010

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:45 PM

I mean i started this post and i really would hope all players feel the same way as me towards prison , before there was players  and farmers, now its dead , regardless whatever u do and whatever changes u make  that u might think is better for prison its not, its not fun to level in prison full stop, its ok u dont have to change it back but it will just be a dead spot in eldon i guess .

#65 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:35 PM

Thnx for your response leo, and i agree to all your points except whit point number 6. As u well said, its not ok that others gain experience whitout playing, but its a fact that a HUGE percentage of the active players know how to bot, have already done it or are doing it right now. I have seen players of some of the most old and famous clans doing it......which really disappointed me as i expected more from the people who has been loyal through the years to this game.

So I really dont care, cheaters exist (in game and in real life) but we dont punish everyone in society because a bunch of rotten apples.....even if the mayority are rotten apples. Im just saying that I am disappointed about the changes made to the map, its easy to figure out when a change was good or not for a place, now the map is empty, that must be proof enough that the community dislike what u guys (whit the best intentions i realize that) made to the area.

Its like if u guys own a restaurant which used to be always full of people and u changed the food offered in the menu becasue some of ur costumers asked for something more flavored. Now ur restaurant is always empty...not even those who asked for those changes came back to the place.

Easy solution, put back the old menu :) or at least make it a lot alike that the old one?.

Cheers everyone!

Even if such a large portion of the community is leveling in that manner, that doesn't mean we're going to cater to it. It really takes away from the game and hurts the perception of new players to see such activity. Rather than directly try to combat such players by banning them, because we've seen how effective it is to ban someone who doesn't invest time in to playing anyways, we're making it more rewarding and beneficial for players to be active and playing, than 'afk.'

Just because Prison may look empty now, (which from what I'm reading is largely because the afk groups aren't there anymore) doesn't mean it isn't a viable place to play and level. All of the quests that are provided by the two new NPCs in that area are non-combat related and can be done in conjunction with fighting the monsters down there. And each NPC has a few quests that are different from one another, so your experience of repeating them will change, as well as they also have varying reward systems based on how thorough you are in your task of collecting what's needed.

And as far as "proof" because you don't see players leveling there, doesn't mean they don't like it. The issue is few have actually tried to take advantage over the changes made because there are many who are so set in their lazy ways, they don't want to be there anymore and have moved on to another location to 'farm' (cheat). Over time, all these locations will be treated with the same style of change, because again, I want to reward the active players, not the lazy.

#66 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:36 PM

I mean i started this post and i really would hope all players feel the same way as me towards prison , before there was players  and farmers, now its dead , regardless whatever u do and whatever changes u make  that u might think is better for prison its not, its not fun to level in prison full stop, its ok u dont have to change it back but it will just be a dead spot in eldon i guess .

If you don't like it, don't level there then. There are still other places you can venture off to. But understand that if you are part of the players who level by being afk, you are going to slowly lose places you can do this at with the speed of experience generation and safety of having 'auto-heals' without someone paying attention.

#67 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:40 PM

If you don't like it, don't level there then. There are still other places you can venture off to. But understand that if you are part of the players who level by being afk, you are going to slowly lose places you can do this at with the speed of experience generation and safety of having 'auto-heals' without someone paying attention.

Thank you Leonis! Again today, I was trying to help a friend level. We were on Orlo, and the one party we ran across, had only one person there. The party ldr was afk, and you could easily see that some were using bots. We had to go to a spot which wasn't quite so good, but at least we were active and playing.

#68 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:53 PM

Thank you Leonis! Again today, I was trying to help a friend level. We were on Orlo, and the one party we ran across, had only one person there. The party ldr was afk, and you could easily see that some were using bots. We had to go to a spot which wasn't quite so good, but at least we were active and playing.

That makes me sad and a bit angry when I hear about these spots that are consistently camped by players who aren't actually playing. If you want to let me know those locations you find, they'll likely get pushed higher up on the priority list on which areas get addressed first.

#69 Dr0Vamp

Dr0Vamp

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 158 posts
  • Server:Server? Nope

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:57 PM

That makes me sad and a bit angry when I hear about these spots that are consistently camped by players who aren't actually playing. If you want to let me know those locations you find, they'll likely get pushed higher up on the priority list on which areas get addressed first.

i know you've probably heard it a million times but kenji beach seems to be one of the worst spots for botting...gorge of silence in the valley where elder golems spawn is pretty bad aswell as the spot on the ridge where grand master golem spawns

ive recently made a few new toons and have run across botters in all three locations on a daily basis

#70 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:59 PM

Well, that's not very difficult to do. Most common areas that are getting botted are the following:

-Golems in gorge of silence, the tactical spawn that also hosts the grand master golem.

-Oblivion temple (there's a specific hallway that nearly always gets botted, but I forgot which one it is exactly), almost all the rooms are easily botted. Mostly the ones with the highest spawn rate and amount are botted.

-Kenji beach, the krawfies are too close together and easily botted.

-Sikuku ruins, mostly the arachnid spots (all of them).

-Orlo, nearly all of the mastyx spawns.

#71 Dr0Vamp

Dr0Vamp

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 158 posts
  • Server:Server? Nope

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:13 PM

Well, that's not very difficult to do. Most common areas that are getting botted are the following:

-Golems in gorge of silence, the tactical spawn that also hosts the grand master golem.

-Oblivion temple (there's a specific hallway that nearly always gets botted, but I forgot which one it is exactly), almost all the rooms are easily botted. Mostly the ones with the highest spawn rate and amount are botted.

its the west room where queen mammy spawns and where the scavengers spawn right around that corner

Edited by Dr0Vamp, 08 November 2013 - 07:13 PM.

#72 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:13 PM

i know you've probably heard it a million times but kenji beach seems to be one of the worst spots for botting...gorge of silence in the valley where elder golems spawn is pretty bad aswell as the spot on the ridge where grand master golem spawns

ive recently made a few new toons and have run across botters in all three locations on a daily basis

I do have those spots noted down. :)

Part of the process is not just knowing the location, but also creatively coming up with how to address it. Ranged monsters don't exist for all types, so creating those and working out how they'll get setup, statted, behave (AI), all takes time. :)

Thanks jerremy, a couple new locations not on my list. :)

#73 Clockwyrk

Clockwyrk

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:21 PM

OT (every floor, pretty much, except the ones that require emblems to access) , Kenji (krawfies), GoS (where he said ^), DoD (pomic officers, scavengers, antares), Luna (Mana Snowfields @ bears & penguins), Eldeon (Sikuku Ruins), Orlo (Mastyx)

In my mere two months of gameplay, I am already aware of all of the above spots being "botter zones" ...  As Leonis put it:

It really takes away from the game and hurts the perception of new players to see such activity.

I am one of those new players.  Apparently the general consensus is that it's just the way people do things.  Well, it's not how I do things.  I am building a clan that is comprised of players who play for the sake of playing, and level their characters the way the game is designed to have them do so.  I have a zero tolerance policy on botting, and it is my intention to do my small part in proving to the majority that ROSE deserves to be played, and enjoyed, freebie or no.  Particularly being a freebie, ROSE has an awesome dev/CM team.  I may not be able to do much financially, but I'll support them in every other way I can possibly manage.

Even if such a large portion of the community is leveling in that manner, that doesn't mean we're going to cater to it.

<cheers!>

Rather than directly try to combat such players by banning them, because we've seen how effective it is to ban someone who doesn't invest time in to playing anyways, we're making it more rewarding and beneficial for players to be active and playing, than 'afk.'

This is a clever, alternative approach.  It will take time to implement, but I'll be behind it 100%

Just because Prison may look empty now, (which from what I'm reading is largely because the afk groups aren't there anymore) doesn't mean it isn't a viable place to play and level. 

I like the new Prison, I just need to get used to it, and gather a full party of my friends to really give it a few good test runs.  

To everyone else: Change is good.  Stop balking about the way things used to be and open up your minds to adapting your playstyles.

Edited by Clockwyrk, 08 November 2013 - 07:22 PM.

#74 migsdali

migsdali

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 119 posts
  • Server:draconis

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:51 PM

hahahahaha.... maybe soon u see one mobs each map... 

#75 BlowInTheDark

BlowInTheDark

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • LocationComodo
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:05 PM

What they did with those infils is just WRONG, imo. They were hard enough before with their debuffs and disables, but having them attack now while invisible is just too much esp for the new (poorly geared) people who'd like to try that place to lvl.

The reduced amount of mobs is fine with me (well, us, if i may say), just get those infils to how they were before.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users