Classic Guild Supplies, White Potions, and Guild dungeon Changes - Page 3 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Classic Guild Supplies, White Potions, and Guild dungeon Changes

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#51 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 November 2013 - 11:47 AM

And part of the reason we are moving forward at a higher rate is the server is not where it needs to be, and that has to change immediately especially with the likely acquisition of new players via Steam.  RO is a harder game to join than many more modern MMOs, classic especially so, we need to make that entry barrier to the game get resolved, but we need to address our veterans long standing concerns sooner rather than later so we are doing them first.  

I tried to get classic to work on steam and currently it does not!

#52 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 01 November 2013 - 11:57 AM

I tried to get classic to work on steam and currently it does not!

What error did you receive?

#53 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 12:01 PM

Hrishi you should be able to use your actual login credentials you registered with to access Classic.

#54 Tolrin

Tolrin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 12:07 PM

On an only partly topic related note, getting RO on steam was a great move, and actually something Themes and I had discussed before as something that could be a great opportunity for the game.  I'm really glad you guys got that together.

#55 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 01 November 2013 - 12:23 PM

For renewal no. 

#56 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 November 2013 - 12:24 PM

Hrishi you should be able to use your actual login credentials you registered with to access Classic.

Oh I'm in school right now, I'll try it again in a few hours! When I tried earlier today it wasn't connecting at all.

On a related note, would it be possible to advertise on steam's store? I recently had experience with another game that released on steam, and they bought a front page ad for a full day. The population boost was very significant. Do you think something like that would be possible? It would be a great boost to RO's popularity. I am unsure how much something like that costs, but it's benefits might be many.

Edited by Hrishi, 01 November 2013 - 12:29 PM.

#57 Jaffer

Jaffer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1349 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 01 November 2013 - 12:26 PM

Maybe offer them a special Steam package they can redeem for some BMs/Rental Gear/Week VIP.

#58 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 01 November 2013 - 12:30 PM

Heim:

Reasons that people aren't pvping now

• They've gotten used to not logging in - parties will be hard to make until they get used to this again
  • Until a surplus of supplies builds up for us to pvp with, we probably won't.
  • unless it's valkyrie, because they smell.
  • In order to address this consider enabling the bg supplies in both pvp and gd
  • Whilst we're talking about that, enable WoE blues and whites on the realm outside the castles, kaite takes a lot of SP!

#59 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 12:32 PM

We should start a separate thread about how to Steam.  It really would be a derailment of this thread and not very searchable for those looking for those answers.

#60 AllyBB

AllyBB

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 12:21 AM

My guild opened about 50-60 supply boxes that i'm aware of after the maint and got no blue herbs or crystal fragments, which we could have used more than the other items. We mostly got witch starsand.

#61 Chipotle

Chipotle

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1146 posts
  • LocationProntera back alley
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 02 November 2013 - 12:31 AM

got lots of blue hersb/crystal frags,

Starsands are really high actually

#62 MattyL904

MattyL904

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 10:05 AM

It may possibly work out that you can have so many deaths before you respawn, but the best way is to just disable token's.  Theres no tokens in pvp so there shouldn't be tokens in GD which is a PvP map.  Also theres no gwings in pvp so there shouldn't be gwings in GD which again is a PvP map.  Now thats just the obvious reasons.  

Another reason is that having Gwings and Tokens limits the use of "team work".  If you can res yourself you aren't relying on someone to do it for you.  If you can have someone fwing for you then you won't have to do it yourself.

#63 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 17 November 2013 - 10:19 AM

Another reason is that having Gwings and Tokens limits the use of "team work".  If you can res yourself you aren't relying on someone to do it for you.  If you can have someone fwing for you then you won't have to do it yourself.

This right here is why recall should be disabled in WoE.

#64 AMzobud

AMzobud

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 08:47 AM

How is Valhalla ever going to group up then? :(

#65 MattyL904

MattyL904

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:48 PM

Recall has a time limit.  Gwing doesn't.  If recall is disabled then the only way 75% of the guilds on Classic will be able to group up is when they are all outside of a castle.  This is not an opinion this is a fact, I've WoE'd in many different guilds and they all have trouble grouping up.

#66 Melancholfy

Melancholfy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 305 posts
  • LocationOrlando,Florida

Posted 20 November 2013 - 07:25 AM

That's true our guild have that problem with grouping up,It's always a mission to get everyone together bundled up.

#67 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 20 November 2013 - 08:09 AM

That was sarcasm, by the way people.

gwings just need a cool down, glass of illusion style - otherwise there will be less gd team fights and more solo HW/sinx crap

#68 MattyL904

MattyL904

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 06:52 PM

Ya tbh fwings in general suck in GD.  Right after someone gets a kill they fwing or right before someone dies the fwing.  But since I don't expect the GMs to disable Fwings ill just ask them to disable GWings (for the big picture).

#69 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 06:57 PM

Put guild skills on separate cooldowns, they are obsolete being on the same cooldown as recall. However, they're useful when they have their own cooldowns!

Or maybe put everything on the same cooldown except for recall, so you can use recall + 1 other.

Edited by iamvrypwrful, 24 November 2013 - 06:57 PM.

#70 MattyL904

MattyL904

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:23 AM

Ya its pretty pointless for anyone to use a guild skill if its on the same cool down as recall.  If you are going to keep something so stupid then you may as well add more points for permanent development and make Econ of castles up to 200. 

#71 Melkor

Melkor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 07:41 PM

Put guild skills on separate cooldowns, they are obsolete being on the same cooldown as recall. However, they're useful when they have their own cooldowns!

This.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users