MVP with Earthquake Fighting Strategies - Swordsman Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

MVP with Earthquake Fighting Strategies

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 GraydroZ

GraydroZ

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 284 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 04 November 2013 - 06:43 AM

Currently, I and my ranger friend try to do ET. We stuck at floor 75 because we cannot survive earthquake damage.

We can manage to buy the standard equipments for my RK to tank MVPs like Valk shield with Alice card, Immune Nid Shadow garb. However, these equipments cannot help me to survive earthquake from Baphomet.

Therefore, I would like to ask for the advices regarding fighting strategies for the MVPs with earthquake.

#2 hioray

hioray

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 129 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 04 November 2013 - 07:08 AM

Use "Tank - Killer - 2 Ress" Strategy

"Tank (More better Sura) -  Killer (optional : maestro in your party for string the gene or RK) - 2 Resurrect-er (AB or someone who can ress the killer)

Tank at front of MVP... Killer on Middle and Resurrect-er Must Not SEE the MVP... this the main point so he/she wont die if MVP use Earthquake.. .. and keeping ress the killer on middle if they died.. if you only have 1 Sura on your party when MS want to run out (10 sec before MS gone).. 1 of the AB keep KE the tanker and Re-MS ASAP..

N.B :

i ever try that tactic.. only with 3 Man, Job : Sura ,Gene, Ress-er..  

and we can killed him..

#3 Kydon

Kydon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 177 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 04 November 2013 - 04:34 PM

Earthquake's dmg is split in 3 hits, if u are fast enough you can use an Ygg Seed and stay alive.

Also Earthquake's dmg is divided among the players that it hits. more players getting hit = less dmg to each one of them.

I have done solo ET (as RK) and duo ET (RK + Gene friend) and its kinda extremely hard to solo tank Bapho's EQ without a GR or a DR, But if its "two" players with normal MVP gear(alice shield / immune garment / abysmal helm / 3d glasses) and high enough HP then you can both tank the EQ.

The real problem is that once the ranger gets 1shoted from EQ your RK is next to die cause the dmg is not split.

If u seriously plan on doing ET then follow hioray's advice and use other classes + find more ppl.

#4 GraydroZ

GraydroZ

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 284 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 03:44 AM

Thank you very much both of you for very helpful strategies. So I will build a Sura during this Jump Start Event and find another AB.

#5 chr0nicles

chr0nicles

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 267 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 05 November 2013 - 07:16 AM

Earthquake has changed since renewal

these are things that reduce EQ damage:

- Number of people that got hit

- Mental  Strengh

- Ghostring card

- Energy Coat

The best possible defense would be to get more players and more HP as much as possible, without sacrificing other criucial things, ie elemental armor, boss/racial reduction (cuz MVPs usually has other deadly skills beside EQ) + keep potting between EQ's 3 consecutive hits.

Things below doesn't reduced EQ since renewal

- boss reduction

- racial reduction

- range reduction

- neutral reduction

fortunately, EQ damage doesnt got increased by Power Up anymore.

one thing i'm not sure is whether MDEF reduced EQ damage or not

simple math to calculate MVPs earthquake:

Baphomet for example has 3,150 ~ 5,134 ATK

take average of his atk power, which is 4,142

He uses EQ lv 5 3000% atk power

his average raw EQ power would be 4,142 * 3000% = 124,260

with only 3 person in a party each one would take: 124,260 / 3 = 41,420 damage

this is just average number, could be higher if RNG not on your side xD

Edited by chr0nicles, 05 November 2013 - 07:24 AM.

#6 Thmeryah

Thmeryah

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 448 posts
  • LocationLighthalzen
  • Server:Farming MvP Cards

Posted 05 November 2013 - 12:52 PM

That's why there is something called Golden Theif Bug, It will nerf the EQ skill from all mvps.

#7 Kydon

Kydon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:21 PM

- boss reduction

- racial reduction

- range reduction

- neutral reduction

I just tested this and i can confirm its true. took me a few years to realise this :o

#8 GraydroZ

GraydroZ

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 284 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:04 AM

- boss reduction

- racial reduction

- range reduction

- neutral reduction

This is simply means that that Alice shield, Alligator accessories, and Raydric and DR do not reduce EQ damage!! This is bad especially the Alice shield can reduce nothing :wall: . Thank you very much for your information on gears/skills which do/don't reduce EQ damage so I can prepare correct for them.

I think MDEF may not reduce EQ damage because my RK has job level 40 and Hagalas runes never save my life and I see nearly the same damage before/after I use the runes. I am not 100% sure though.

That's why there is something called Golden Theif Bug, It will nerf the EQ skill from all mvps.

I hope one day I could have that card :p_sick:

I just tested this and i can confirm its true. took me a few years to realise this :o

Thank you very much for testing. So if I want to use rune knight to tank EQ damage, I must have GR card :sigh:

#9 RedKing08

RedKing08

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts
  • LocationRune-Midgard
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:21 AM

- boss reduction

- racial reduction

- range reduction

- neutral reduction

Can you give more information on this, or really where did you find this? I have quite a few doubts. I don't have any numbers with that but i tanked RSX twice lately for a friend on my RG. Once was with resistant shield, second time was with alice shield. Only 2 people on screen for both fights.

The first time, RSX EQed two times,almost got me killed, got in the red twice. Second time,he EQed only once but i lived with about half my hp.

I'll try to do more tests, but to me it looks EQ can be reduced with neutral/boss/racial or whatever.

Edited by RedKing08, 06 November 2013 - 09:23 AM.

#10 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts
  • LocationRagnarok Online

Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:00 AM

Earthquake has changed since renewal

these are things that reduce EQ damage:

- Number of people that got hit

- Mental  Strengh

- Ghostring card

- Energy Coat

The best possible defense would be to get more players and more HP as much as possible, without sacrificing other criucial things, ie elemental armor, boss/racial reduction (cuz MVPs usually has other deadly skills beside EQ) + keep potting between EQ's 3 consecutive hits.

- boss reduction

- racial reduction

- range reduction

- neutral reduction

fortunately, EQ damage doesnt got increased by Power Up anymore.

simple math to calculate MVPs earthquake:

Baphomet for example has 3,150 ~ 5,134 ATK

take average of his atk power, which is 4,142

He uses EQ lv 5 3000% atk power

his average raw EQ power would be 4,142 * 3000% = 124,260

with only 3 person in a party each one would take: 124,260 / 3 = 41,420 damage

this is just average number, could be higher if RNG not on your side xD

????

#11 Kydon

Kydon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 06:30 PM

I tested vs the Wandering Purple Dragon. its not a boss monster so i used a anti-dragon shield first and +9 immune hbp the results was me taking ~55k dmg on 2xEQs

Spoiler

Next i just use a 2handed sword instead of a shield and i somehow took 3k less dmg

Spoiler

Then i take off the immune hbp and i take the same dmg

Spoiler

I think EQ works like dragon breath or the HP part of GoH aka its not affected by %cards only the armor element and the only armor element that reduces neutral dmg is GR :U

#12 chr0nicles

chr0nicles

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 267 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 06 November 2013 - 07:55 PM

This is simply means that that Alice shield, Alligator accessories, and Raydric and DR do not reduce EQ damage!! This is bad especially the Alice shield can reduce nothing :wall: . Thank you very much for your information on gears/skills which do/don't reduce EQ damage so I can prepare correct for them.

Alice still needed though, to reduce MVP normal attack and their other skills

????

fyi ghostring card and neutral reduction is two different things

I think EQ works like dragon breath or the HP part of GoH aka its not affected by %cards only the armor element and the only armor element that reduces neutral dmg is GR :U

exactly, think of it as self centered-magical-neutral-element version of Dragon Breath xD

Can you give more information on this, or really where did you find this? I have quite a few doubts. I don't have any numbers with that but i tanked RSX twice lately for a friend on my RG. Once was with resistant shield, second time was with alice shield. Only 2 people on screen for both fights.

The first time, RSX EQed two times,almost got me killed, got in the red twice. Second time,he EQed only once but i lived with about half my hp.

I'll try to do more tests, but to me it looks EQ can be reduced with neutral/boss/racial or whatever.

years ago, it was Doddler the first person posted racial/boss reduction does not reduce EQ anymore

since MVP is my fav part of this game, later i tested it myself.

Edited by chr0nicles, 06 November 2013 - 08:17 PM.

#13 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:17 AM

Okay this is all good info, I really need to do some testing thoroughly as I am ingrained to think that neutral reduct should help with EQ....need to re-evaluate my EQ eating gears

So my main question is......

Does Size Reduction help EQ? How about Mdef?

#14 Sigma1

Sigma1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2435 posts
  • Server:TRO

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:31 AM

Okay this is all good info, I really need to do some testing thoroughly as I am ingrained to think that neutral reduct should help with EQ....need to re-evaluate my EQ eating gears

So my main question is......

Does Size Reduction help EQ? How about Mdef?

Both of them don't help.

BTW. Mercenaries, homuns and Sorcerers' summons can share EQ dmg. But icewall, genetics' plants and traps can't.

And items that have a chance to reflect magic back to the caster, such as Maya card, Orlean's server, Frus card, etc, work on EQ too.

Edited by Sigma1, 07 November 2013 - 05:38 AM.

#15 itsyaboyitsyaboy

itsyaboyitsyaboy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:44 AM

Wow, I was told for the longest time that one of the few things that reduced EQ was neutral reduction one of the main reason I got DR. :/

What about Sera Painkiller?

Edited by itsyaboyitsyaboy, 07 November 2013 - 05:44 AM.

#16 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:01 AM

Both of them don't help.

BTW. Mercenaries, homuns and Sorcerers' summons can share EQ dmg. But icewall, genetics' plants and traps can't.

And items that have a chance to reflect magic back to the caster, such as Maya card, Orlean's server, Frus card, etc, work on EQ too.

Ah, alright, thanks. Yea, Maya is my main defense for it since I don't have GTB yet

#17 GraydroZ

GraydroZ

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 284 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:06 AM

My knowledge has been improved by a lot from you guys suggestions and discussions. iRO really has a very good community.

Thank you very much everyone :thx:

#18 Smolderbil

Smolderbil

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 458 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:06 PM

I'm quite surprised no one has mentioned Millenium Shield.  :ic:
Does it not block Earthquake anymore? I haven't really played Renewal in a while, but I used to block Earthquake hits with that.

#19 GraydroZ

GraydroZ

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 284 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 04:31 PM

I'm quite surprised no one has mentioned Millenium Shield.  :ic:
Does it not block Earthquake anymore? I haven't really played Renewal in a while, but I used to block Earthquake hits with that.

I used it last time and it blocked EQ.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users