Ragnarok vs My Computer - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Ragnarok vs My Computer

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Sergz

Sergz

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 05:12 AM

So I started playing RO Classic again about a month back. Took me about two days to mess around with the settings to even get it playable. At first, there was so much position delay and character snapping between tiles that I couldn't even mob 2 goats. My graphics card is the AMD Radeon 7900 series, 3gb. I have a high end gaming pc and am running dual monitors. At first I messed with the 3d settings in my catalyst menu for the card, nothing seemed to help. Found somewhere on the forums to edit my registry with the tcp issue and the lag finally disappeared. However, after about an hour of playing I get slight fps drops down to 40 and the game starts to become a little bit choppy until I restart it. Usually happens when I alt tab out too. I am running on Windows 7 Ultimate, basic theme. Tried everything from compatibility changing to lowering screen resolution. I can deal with the slight fps drop for the game, however it's a bit annoying to relog during WoE. 

Now here is where my main problem is at. I cannot dual client for whatever its worth. I get super laggy fps when I open up a second client, whether my game is in fullscreen or windowed mode. If anyone has any of these issues, please respond and tell me how you fixed them. My -_-ty 6 year old laptop can run 5 ro clients without any lag at all...

Edited by Sergz, 05 November 2013 - 05:14 AM.

#2 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:43 AM

The problem is RO was designed for Windows XP or older. It hasn't been optimized to run smoothly on newer computers and hardware, hence why people with better computers are having a difficult time running RO.

#3 Sergz

Sergz

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 12:36 PM

I already know that, I'm asking if there is a fix so I can dual client at minimum? 

#4 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 05 November 2013 - 12:40 PM

Problem seems familiar to RCX and multiple monitors. Are you perhaps using RCX? If so you will need to either disable your second monitor or stop using RCX. RCX will destroy the clients performance if more then 1 monitor is being used.

#5 Sheriffl2k

Sheriffl2k

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • Server:CAY AHSSS

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:25 PM

i had this problem as well, it fixed it self when i ran ragnarok in compatiblity mode of windows xp service pack 3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users