Patch Notes v490 - 11/8/2013! 3PM (-8 UTC) & Server Maintenance - Page 10 - Patch Notes Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Patch Notes v490 - 11/8/2013! 3PM (-8 UTC) & Server Maintenance

• Please log in to reply
323 replies to this topic

#226 Soda

Soda

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1188 posts
  • Location-Pee-lippines
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leo-Tards

Posted 09 November 2013 - 10:41 AM

okee go to sleep nao.

#227 1722130415095613863

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 12:37 PM

prison is normal get use to it.

thump_8690556prison.jpg

That's normal for u????!!!!

No mobs and ikaness are invisible! 

#228 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 09 November 2013 - 12:50 PM

You don't seem to understand the concept of how prison is now.

Ever heard of tactical spawns?

#229 DrunkinMonkey

DrunkinMonkey

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 630 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/Slothnessmonst1
  • LocationBrisbane / QLD / Australia (GMT+10)
  • Server:There can be only one :D

Posted 09 November 2013 - 03:05 PM

thump_8690556prison.jpg

That's normal for u????!!!!

No mobs and ikaness are invisible! 

yep this is normal maybe u need to do little reading round like

http://forums.warppo...ened-in-prison/ this topic all about the changes in prison

i didnt have time to do much but reskill lastnight as i had friends over for drinks but had a quick sod run with a team made up before entering.... and the little blue things that come out of the crystals just smashed us alot of times... with amlost 9kdef and 4kmdef my cleric couldnt even tank more then 3 or 4 of the little dragons this sems a little overboard to me, the end boss seemed fine was a lil bit more of a challange then before but we managed to kill it the hard way without to many deaths i think there is a few ways this can be adjusted lower damage slightly and reduce teh amount of blue things that spawn..will try hoo & hou later today when i have some friends online that i normally do dungeons with to make teh comparison more accurate.

i also agree with the post someone said earlier about maintnance being on a friday maybe it should be changed to mid wk (i swear it used to be mid wk) to allow for adjustments to the patchs before you all leave the studio for several days leaving us to play a broken game so to speak (especially the wknd being when most of us have the time to play)

Edited by DrunkinMonkey, 09 November 2013 - 03:13 PM.

#230 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 09 November 2013 - 03:06 PM

The crash issue should now be fixed if you relog and get the new client exe.

The issue was a minor misalignment with the new purchase notice when buying items from a shop.

Also, sorry it took so long. Most of us were not near a computer when we got 'the call' about it, and we could all get to somewhere we could work on it from.

#231 PiaPilantik

PiaPilantik

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 04:47 PM

Just as ai thought, it used to be that reinforced was better for dungeon, then they made courage better... i think in this patch brave will be the best choice?

Edited by PiaPilantik, 09 November 2013 - 05:02 PM.

#232 johnnozc

johnnozc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 05:26 PM

where is the cleric skill reset and why cleric lost 20skill poinnts can somebody answers that one

#233 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 09 November 2013 - 05:28 PM

where is the cleric skill reset and why cleric lost 20skill poinnts can somebody answers that one

Two skills (part integrity and recovery) were bugged and didn't require skill points, so those were given their appropriate skill points back and clerics got forced reset.

Because of that you lose 10 skill points compared to your build before.

The skill reset wasn't properly given and will probably be given after the weekend.

#234 johnnozc

johnnozc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 05:55 PM

Two skills (part integrity and recovery) were bugged and didn't require skill points, so those were given their appropriate skill points back and clerics got forced reset.

Because of that you lose 10 skill points compared to your build before.

The skill reset wasn't properly given and will probably be given after the weekend.

thats misscalculation, if my old build before these one does is having bonefire summoning, resurection and all-stat buff are aquire, now those 3 things are gone and i cnat help it since no refresh, seems my cleric is stuck useless after all.... thanks for the effort of doing it, promises broken.... fixes other bugs but adding another one thats reality...

#235 jagz

jagz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 983 posts
  • LocationMaryland
  • Server:The Crashing One

Posted 09 November 2013 - 06:59 PM

Nice to see CD's going at all hours because of this free energy weekend, It reminds me how the game was before the energy/timer.          fun.

#236 sacri

sacri

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 217 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Leonis ♥ Odin

Posted 09 November 2013 - 08:06 PM

Client Updates
Added combat check timer, which prevents equipment switches, mounting/driving and ride/trade requests while in combat.  Combat timer is invoked for attacker and target when hostile action occurs (melee, damaging skill or negative status effect applied), and when applying heals/status effects to a friendly target that is in combat.

The cooldown before you can change gear is 10 seconds, once you are out of combat. 

Things that put you in to combat

• Attacking a target, with melee or an offensive skill.
  • Being attacked by another player.
    • Yes, we realize this means you can be jumped and not have the ability to swap gears to run away. This would be considered getting "ambushed". Also known as a "surprise attack" or "ganked." In this situation, combat was engaged on you because it was able to be (Generally a PvP zone) and you should be prepared to engage in combat at any time while on these areas. So be sure you are wearing what you want to go to battle with.
  • Supporting a player who is engaged in combat. (Healing or buffing them)

You can still receive buffs and swap gear about, so long as you don't engage in combat. This is purely to stop the 'hot swap' effect mid-combat as we want to see players committed to battle once entered and if you manage to escape combat, only then, when you are safe, may you change gear to better prepare yourself.

Could you at least lower the change gear seconds when having a battle with monsters (or maybe allow us to switch gears if we are just killing mobs??)

We did Luna GA and what happened is whenever we die (all of us) I can't switch my gears in the spawn area (after respawn)  no mobs are attacking me but cant switch item... same with after buffing and no monsters around. :Emo_14:

then in PVP area map with mobs.. make the gears for PVM & PVP equal with no -% or +% since the area is PVP. So if someone attack you while leveling, you can fight back without those -% because you are wearing +% damage for mobs and vice versa. There are "some" trolls in pvp area and just love to pk players who farm/level.. -_- ofc when farming you have to wear gears for monsters for fast killing...

#237 DrunkinMonkey

DrunkinMonkey

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 09:17 PM

ok so tryed a HoO..... wow... all i can say is we didnt have a knight withs sacrifice soooooo 2 clerics were a absolute must.... unfortunatly it wasnt my usual group however all were seasoned in doing hoo...

my clerics 9k def and 4k mdef  dies in bout 3 hits.... gg dont think knights are gonna do so well ether... kings however were fine aside form everyone being muted 24/7 they took reasonable time to die ect ect

in short normal mobs have been scaled to high and need to come back down a little the few kings/bosses iv come across in dungeons were pretty well balanced.. but atm SoD is the new HoO sod takes same time as always took just with more deaths coming from those blue things that swarm you the atk on these needs to b scaled down some i feel as there are ALOT of them at once....

however HoO took 2hrs+ to do making the dungeon no good in a "general" perspective the normal mobs need scaleing backalot in ap def and hp seemed ok

will try a couple runs tonight when kids are asleep and i have the time to really dedicate multipul atempts but i can honestly say for sure if u have no cleric i highly doubt anyone is going to make it anywhere in a dungeon atm

also need to try some pve spots on my farmers to see how they fare

#238 DigitalKitten

DigitalKitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4996 posts
  • Server:Leonis, Draconis

Posted 09 November 2013 - 09:18 PM

For some reason I cant pot at all during combat, I'm not the only one experiencing this issue, if you guys could take a further look into it it would be great, thanks.

#239 nions

nions

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 10:15 PM

OMG we cant play dungeons game,, all mobs got high lvl.... even we are 5 player we cant clear the dungeons game!

:sob:  :sob:

may i know pls why all mobs at dungeons game came stong??????  :p_omg:

#240 Genesis

Genesis

ROSE Developer

• Community Managers
  • 2066 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 09 November 2013 - 11:56 PM

For some reason I cant pot at all during combat, I'm not the only one experiencing this issue, if you guys could take a further look into it it would be great, thanks.

Which items were you using?

#241 DrunkinMonkey

DrunkinMonkey

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 12:05 AM

ok so took my champ and cleric for quick king hunt in orleo kings were good enough but take even longer then usual maybe if your wanting kings to be more of a challange give some of them mute/stun and others debuff i know the devourer kings debuff drives me crazy

having early one night tonight by the looks of it so will checkout lower lvl mobs ect tomorrow when i get time

on a side note i think all classes should get a 1hr free reset as pve mobs now have much more dodge on them meaning even at 190 con with hebarn & 100d hard spear + courage set i still missed devourer and snapper kings about 3/5 attacks scorpian king i missed maybe 1/3 or 1/4 (not counting skills) meaning everyone that is pve only would have taken next to no con as its never been needed before now i didnt try any of the other kings as my champ is only lvl221 and not max lvl

hope the feedback i have been giving helps you guys out when your wknd is over :) i may just compile all my opinions into 1 long post tomorrow if i have time

#242 migsdali

migsdali

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 119 posts
  • Server:draconis

Posted 10 November 2013 - 02:02 AM

you say doing balance but i think always unbalance :(

#243 bl0b

bl0b

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 368 posts
  • LocationWhere ever...
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 10 November 2013 - 02:33 AM

Personally, I dont mind this update. Maybe its becouse I dont have a single set or im total noob :P . But seeing that veteren players like (not mentioning names, dont know if its against the rules) are complaining about this, then maybe this has been alittle overdone. But then again, I have no experience regarding this.

#244 1722130415095613863

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 02:46 AM

You don't seem to understand the concept of how prison is now.

Ever heard of tactical spawns?

no partys in prison now. Its all that Admins need to understand

#245 migsdali

migsdali

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 119 posts
  • Server:draconis

Posted 10 November 2013 - 03:10 AM

its ok to lvl in prison just go more further and must all your gear is reinforce and it +12 to +15 hahahaha....

but this patch is failed coz even you gear is valor and +15 ist like your gear is no + when killing mobs..:P

#246 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 10 November 2013 - 04:40 AM

Dungeons, especially HOO - mob hp and damage adjusted too high now.  There is a happy medium I think between what was and what is now.  It should not take over an hour to complete the dungeon with a good team.  I think that if you had just increased the mobs a little bit and in HOO increased the first 2 kings that would have been enough.  If the first 2 kings are harder to kill then people would have to clear the room to do it.  

Mobs  and kings - I am ok with it taking a lot longer to kill a king and that you need a party to do that.  But the drops from the kings still suck.  If it is going to take a whole party to kill it and it takes a lot longer to do that then something other than entheric or nothing should not drop from them.  

Cleric - with the loss of 20 sp I now have to change my build quite a bit.  I now have a few IM unique skills that I can't get/use.  I guess send in a ticket for a refund for those.  As a war cleric I have no attacks now either except for one lame sleep.  Waiting for the free resets to check it all out.  But when they reset our skills automatically it did not reset the unique skills.  So when you log in you automatically have those sp taken out.  We have to reset the unique skills as well to be able to start from square one.  Then try to work out the skills we can get. I do not think cleric is how you wanted it to be now with the 20 less sp.  Maybe a reduction in points for some of the other skills would be better, not sure.

Going through prison is sad actually.  I hate botters as much as the next person and I understand the reasoning behind the changes, but most chars at the appropriate level do not have a decloak skill and when people walk in they just see there are no mobs and leave.  I think that maybe in the first room the infis should be visible (if you can do that) and some mobs should be around.  Then as you progress through the prison they infis can be hiding and mobs can be higher level and tougher.  I think that new players will walk in, look that it is empty and find another place.  Again, there must be a way to make a happy medium, less mobs to stop botting but more visible mobs to entice people to play there.

Edited by Bendersmom, 10 November 2013 - 04:46 AM.

#247 coalchamberloco

coalchamberloco

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • Server:leo

Posted 10 November 2013 - 04:45 AM

Dungeons, especially HOO - mob hp and damage adjusted too high now.  There is a happy medium I think between what was and what is now.  It should not take over an hour to complete the dungeon with a good team.  

Mobs  and kings - I am ok with it taking a lot longer to kill a king and that you need a party to do that.  But the drops from the kings still suck.  If it is going to take a whole party to kill it and it takes a lot longer to do that then something other than entheric or nothing should not drop from them.  

Cleric - with the loss of 20 sp I now have to change my build quite a bit.  I now have a few IM unique skills that I can't get/use.  I guess send in a ticket for a refund for those.  As a war cleric I have no attacks now either except for one lame sleep.  Waiting for the free resets to check it all out.  But when they reset our skills automatically it did not reset the unique skills.  So when you log in you automatically have those sp taken out.  We have to reset the unique skills as well to be able to start from square one.  Then try to work out the skills we can get.

Going through prison is sad actually.  I hate botters as much as the next person and I understand the reasoning behind the changes, but most chars at the appropriate level do not have a decloak skill and when people walk in they just see there are no mobs and leave.  I think that maybe in the first room the infis should be visible (if you can do that) and some mobs should be around.  Then as you progress through the prison they infis can be hiding and mobs can be higher level and tougher.  I think that new players will walk in, look that it is empty and find another place.  Again, there must be a way to make a happy medium, less mobs to stop botting but more visible mobs to entice people to play there.

Unique skills can be reset for 5 mill at the new pvp vendor.

I agree with HoO being really overtuned.  It speaks volumes that I know they didn't test this before implementing it.  Had they attempted to run it with the kind of group you get randomly they would have never made it where you need one tank two clerics and a really strong aoe just to be able to clear it in an hour or so.  But alas our dev team doesn't really play the game.

#248 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 10 November 2013 - 04:49 AM

I know you can buy the unique skill reset just like I can also buy the regular one.  But frankly I am sick of buying resets for real money or even zulies in this game.  I will wait for the free one and do the best I can for now. I just hope they include a unique reset, stat reset and regular skill reset when they give them to us.

#249 Logi

Logi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1060 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 05:29 AM

So now I have to rebuild again, I found it hard to create a build I was happy with and we already have so many skills to get as cleric, aside from becoming a battle, buff or tank cleric. Now we got even less points and certain classes like bourgs have it easy. I know you ( leo, gen. devs) said bourgs still need adjustment and more will come but CAN YOU STOP TWEAKING CLERICS NOW. I have to find some way of working out my cleric again and I do not appreciate this. The no skillpoint skills was an obvious bug but why do we as clerics have to make so many choices and other classes can just get everything. You are slowly killing the class I love by making me decide to drop tons of skills which arent OP or anything, they dont make me super survival but its the lttle things, all the different skills to help which made cleric fun for me.

Now getting the all stat-buff, mute, puri, healers touch, decloak , bonfires and such are all questionmaks because I need to make the system work somehow with the points given. I dont care if we never had those 10 points to use because there was a bug, cleric class needs too many SP. I'll try to make it work and find some way of still playing cleric but if I find out in a few months you make more limitations to clerics you can all just go .... yourself.

#250 Dirtyarry

Dirtyarry

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 672 posts
  • Locationlos christianos
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:siren

Posted 10 November 2013 - 05:34 AM

keep it simple you know how a friday maint can bring on the doom 

and you guys like a hassle free weekend like the rest of us  :D 

We are confident about this one. :ok:

Famous last words.

Edited by Dirtyarry, 10 November 2013 - 05:35 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users