Patch Notes v490 - 11/8/2013! 3PM (-8 UTC) & Server Maintenance - Page 11 - Patch Notes Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Patch Notes v490 - 11/8/2013! 3PM (-8 UTC) & Server Maintenance

• Please log in to reply
323 replies to this topic

#251 gnxx

gnxx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 05:43 AM

Mobs  and kings - I am ok with it taking a lot longer to kill a king and that you need a party to do that.  But the drops from the kings still suck.  If it is going to take a whole party to kill it and it takes a lot longer to do that then something other than entheric or nothing should not drop from them.  

no comment about the mobs? I personally think that some of them are also scaled too high. The idea of farming mobs is also bad because the drops are generally bad and now it takes way to long to kill them even with a decent pvm gears

at least reduce their hp and increase the reward for killing them (exp/drop)

#252 MaxMan

MaxMan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts
  • LocationRose Veteran
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis/Aura

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:37 AM

so i am a knight and yes am a  tank, well that was as i was thinking intil i tested out HoO last night, first of it took houers to do 1 round in there, a katar raider die like a fly on the wall same whit cleric and xbow knight or scout , but here is the funny thing, my knight is having brave gear +15 the best for def and dodge and i still can die as fast as a cleric can and that just in the first rom,seriously a knight shuld tank the mobs atleest in the first room you get to but you dont, thay are scaled too high , i never in my life  in rose seen mobs kill a knight THAT fast before,yes the boss/kings is fine now but redo the mobs please

i am an old rose player and whit that i have bin araund from irose to all other rose that come and go and only one that stay left is Na rose/this rose and i dont have that much to do in the game anymore i have almost all classes at max lvl i dont pvp becose thats to boring and run true HoO was a fresh air in my face but there you go you changed that to and ruin the fun, my party i had when we was in there,now one of them is offline and other just shoping and i just stand there in town doing nothing, thanks for ruin the fun that was left,and no the kings had to be fixed other then that the mobs was fine 

thats my opinion on this now i go back stand near storage in junon and do nothing >.>

TrollHunter

#253 johnnozc

johnnozc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:59 AM

well obviously they want it fun t watch us dying thats for sure

its waht they called fun for them but pain in teh buff for us

have yu guys even been to orlo

kill a very low lvl mob from you a skyblue colored mob name an example is when your high lvl the scorpions there is so low lvl for you to kill, havbe you even try hitting them? seems skills most of the time miss the shot and WTF you damage dont even reaches 1, max of 600-700 only is that what they call balance, how much more when you kill higher lvl than you aspiring to get more exp from killing mobs, oh developers of these game, we salute everyone who endeavor themselves fixing and doing the best for the game, it was best long ago, after skill update it was less best but tried to make it even better and we did succeded was better than long before the skill update even thought damage to kings has been lowered but compensated with the decreasing of the total hp perhaps not really sure but sure thing it may was, now hahaha try kill king, require bunch of people to be there killing the -_- king, after all what you got low essence that counts 1-2, how do you think good to be? honestly thats pathetic, even after the skill update less people killing that king unless it was really needed to complete that herias tears and now mobs seems like the old kings in the old days, congrats you made the game for you own.... try the best next time....

it was really good seeing everyone in the game management doing their endeavor but hopefully for the better and not for teh worse...

honestly everyone and every job seems to be useless now a days....

any how thanks for all the funs we have shared before but these maybe the end of playing

i go back playinng my WoW

#254 thebusiness

thebusiness

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 10 November 2013 - 08:36 AM

I have to say the dungeon update was a bit over the top. 

The difficulty is set for FULL team, all with perfect gear and perfect class assortment, to have a difficult time and take quite some time.

Unfortunately what it looks like they didn't understand that most of the time you do dungeons you don't have a full team, some of who don't all have the best gear and who aren't all the right balance of classes/roles.

YES I agree the first kings in HoO were too easy last time, but that's the only thing that was wrong. That's a small variable to fix, you guys tried to do too much and ruined it now.

Edited by thebusiness, 10 November 2013 - 08:38 AM.

#255 DigitalKitten

DigitalKitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4996 posts
  • Server:Leonis, Draconis

Posted 10 November 2013 - 08:38 AM

Which items were you using?

Red pots, in a normal game of crystal defenders. It doesn't happen all the time, and it's not the skill bug where it helps to cart, just doesn't pot.

#256 DestinyDeoxys

DestinyDeoxys

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1588 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 09:26 AM

I tried the Cave of Ulverick, and I quitted after hitting the 1st spider for awhile (5 mins) only get it down to like 80% HP. It is just taking too long for such minimal reward.

If you really wanna give a challenge to the players, then just give a challenge to the players that want a challenge. What I mean is, you separate the after game reward items into tiers like the following. The difficulty for all dungeons seem too hard right now, impossible for casual players. You need to make the dungeons do-able by both good players and casual players.

Tier 1 - finished within 15 mins

-unique skill book
-mount
-gem box V
-Lisent U
-exalted weapon
-box of unique weapons

Tier 2 - finished more than 15 mins

-armor box
-chest of raj'aj mask
-chemicals
-gem box IV

#257 DigitalKitten

DigitalKitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4996 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 09:47 AM

People need to learn the difference between "hard" and "boring".

1. Does the bosses take time to kill - yes.

2. Are they hard to kill? - no.

3. What's the requirement - skill spamming that consists of DPS and a cleric.

^ That summons up the current dungeons. Now if we wanted it to be hard, and exciting, challenging, we wouldn't be able to skill spam. The reason why the mobs can't turn into more of a challange is because all of them do the same thing. You kill a spider, but it's not that exciting, some of them maybe stun, while others debuff you or what ever fancy skills they added to those mobs.

For a real challange you would need things like:
Ulvrick throws nets on the ground, if you step on them by accident, you'll be stuck til "x" person does this to get you out / limited to a certain amount of seconds where you aren't allowed to skill or get healed while trapped in this net. 

When the monsters huge laser (or what ever it is) Swooshes by the room, people have to run away a bit not to get hit by it , otherwise it leads to [insert some dangerous action here]. 

^ That's really bad examples but you get where I'm going. For it to be a challange, you have to have certain tactics, and know when things happen and how to avoid them, right now there's no such things in dungeons, only if you're unlucky mr. ulverick will pour all his negative stuns on you.. but more than that doesn't happen.  Let's face it, it's not difficult, it's time consuming and boring, there's a fine difference.

Also, for those who want easier modes to clear the dungeons in seconds instead of spending actual time on playing the game, don't expect to get fancy rewards in easy modes and normal modes, the things you want - that you now call "bad rewards" would be in the hard modes, what says the reward would be the same just because they change it into easy / normal / hard mode? - The reward you get now would be at the hard mode, so technically you wouldn't play easy mode - would you?

But I do agree of the whole idea between different modes for ungeared people and such to be able to gear and maybe get rewards to be able to join the more difficult dungeons in the future, only for the reason that it actually costs a lot of energy to enter these dungeons, you wouldn't want to waste that energy and wipe during the whole time.

#258 BlowInTheDark

BlowInTheDark

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • LocationComodo
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 10 November 2013 - 11:20 AM

"Boring" is when casual players kill everything (even bosses) too easily.

"Hard" is when even the pro players complain of the difficulty.

#259 Genesis

Genesis

ROSE Developer

• Community Managers
  • 2066 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 10 November 2013 - 11:21 AM

^ That summons up the current dungeons. Now if we wanted it to be hard, and exciting, challenging, we wouldn't be able to skill spam. The reason why the mobs can't turn into more of a challange is because all of them do the same thing. You kill a spider, but it's not that exciting, some of them maybe stun, while others debuff you or what ever fancy skills they added to those mobs.

For a real challange you would need things like:
Ulvrick throws nets on the ground, if you step on them by accident, you'll be stuck til "x" person does this to get you out / limited to a certain amount of seconds where you aren't allowed to skill or get healed while trapped in this net. 

When the monsters huge laser (or what ever it is) Swooshes by the room, people have to run away a bit not to get hit by it , otherwise it leads to [insert some dangerous action here]. 

^ That's really bad examples but you get where I'm going. For it to be a challange, you have to have certain tactics, and know when things happen and how to avoid them, right now there's no such things in dungeons, only if you're unlucky mr. ulverick will pour all his negative stuns on you.. but more than that doesn't happen.  Let's face it, it's not difficult, it's time consuming and boring, there's a fine difference.

Couldn't agree more, and until those kinds of mechanics can be developed, monsters will continue to be as bland as they are at the moment.

Improving monster AI and expanding the range of mechanics monsters have access to is a lengthy project in itself that we're tackling a little at a time.  Changes to the Sikuku Underground Prison marked the beginning of that process, where the types of monsters, their abilities and spawn behavior were adjusted to make gameplay less predictable and require a wider range of abilities to take on every type of monster in the area (and is planned to be extended to other maps), and most recently, support for some of the newest types of stats were added to monsters (armor piercing and PvM/PvP attributes).  There is still much to be done, but we are working towards new mechanics that will further improve the quality of gameplay in dungeons.

#260 MaxMan

MaxMan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts
  • LocationRose Veteran
  • Server:Leonis/Aura

Posted 10 November 2013 - 11:54 AM

Couldn't agree more, and until those kinds of mechanics can be developed, monsters will continue to be as bland as they are at the moment.

Improving monster AI and expanding the range of mechanics monsters have access to is a lengthy project in itself that we're tackling a little at a time.  Changes to the Sikuku Underground Prison marked the beginning of that process, where the types of monsters, their abilities and spawn behavior were adjusted to make gameplay less predictable and require a wider range of abilities to take on every type of monster in the area (and is planned to be extended to other maps), and most recently, support for some of the newest types of stats were added to monsters (armor piercing and PvM/PvP attributes).  There is still much to be done, but we are working towards new mechanics that will further improve the quality of gameplay in dungeons.

well as of right now the dungons is a waist of time to do even whit a pro group of players have a hard time becose of mobs kill you in seconds, if the dungon will stay like that well good luck then i wont go there anymore am a knight and die in seconds that shuld not be so, the dungons was good as it was only the 2 boss needed to be little harder but no you change it all so all in all the Quality of gameplay in dungon is as of right now : 0

just my bad 2 cent

#261 thebusiness

thebusiness

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 01:20 PM

Genesis and Leonis....PLEASE DO NOT expand the same idea you did on prison to other places. Not even active parties want to level there. It's not perfected yet.

I went there and tried to level on my noob, mobs were hard to kill and the exp wasn't really worth it. Then for some reason after time all the prisoners I killed turned into infi's and there was nothing but infis everywhere. Pretty silly.

EDIT: and maxman is right, Why spend hours and hard work on a dungeon now to get just a mask. Either make them easier again (minus the fix to the bosses) or make the prize worth a few hours of my time.

Edited by thebusiness, 10 November 2013 - 01:21 PM.

#262 Leeny

Leeny

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 857 posts
  • LocationUSA New York
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 10 November 2013 - 01:33 PM

Oh well, seems to be only a matter of time now before this game is completely turned upside down and closed for good. I used to love this game. :'( sad face

#263 gnxx

gnxx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 02:49 PM

I'm pretty sure the requirement of current dungeon  is much more than that. Cleric's heal can't keep up with monsters damage

I don't know what gear and party that you use to try dungeon, but when I tried it, I waste 1-2 hour to finish HoO.

Is this difficult? Yes

Is this boring? Yes

Is this worth the time? No

Also, for those who want easier modes to clear the dungeons in seconds instead of spending actual time on playing the game, don't expect to get fancy rewards in easy modes and normal modes, the things you want - that you now call "bad rewards" would be in the hard modes, what says the reward would be the same just because they change it into easy / normal / hard mode? - The reward you get now would be at the hard mode, so technically you wouldn't play easy mode - would you?

So, do we need to spend an hour++ for every dungeon we play? Not everyone has hours of playing the game non-stop. Not everyone has the best gear to be able to go with this difficulty level. Not everyone is a veteran player that already has billions of zullies and can buy everything...

Now we have a lot of rewards that isn't useful and can't even be sold since people don't need them. We play for an hour++ just for a junk... Is this what you call fun? Is this what you call hard??

Nope, this is boring. and new player will all go away like this

You don't have any plans to readjust monsters after you scale them too high?

"make gameplay less predictable and require a wider range of abilities to take on every type of monster in the area" =/= give mobs super high Hp and damage 

Edited by gnxx, 10 November 2013 - 03:05 PM.

#264 thebusiness

thebusiness

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 03:34 PM

^ Finally some one with brains!

#265 DigitalKitten

DigitalKitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4996 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 05:15 PM

If you played back in the days, people spent hours farming to get lisent HGs worth the "stupid hat" you get now. Before dungeons there was only places like DoD, Orlo to clear mobs at. If you ever played other games, dungeons are supposed to be time consuming. I'm surprised how no one has noticed the "dungeon clan" that put up records of how fast they slayed the bosses before the update, that's not gameplay, sorry. You should be able to wipe and what not around bosses too, being used to always surviving and just making quick money, turns into lazy gameplay. For players that just want quick gameplay, maybe easy modes should be added.

But hey guys, here's a really quick way to get money if you don't want to play the game and still be rich! :D sell IM.

Edited by DigitalKitten, 10 November 2013 - 05:17 PM.

#266 Valakas

Valakas

Community Member of the Month for April

• Members
  • 817 posts
  • LocationThere! *points somewhere*
  • Server:Draconis & Odin

Posted 10 November 2013 - 05:21 PM

But hey guys, here's a really quick way to get money if you don't want to play the game and still be rich! :D sell IM.

You mentioned the Magic Words, so I'm here now. Now how can I interest you with some of my most exciting IM Deal Packages? brows_zps7fa32ffa.gif

#267 johnnozc

johnnozc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 05:36 PM

If you played back in the days, people spent hours farming to get lisent HGs worth the "stupid hat" you get now. Before dungeons there was only places like DoD, Orlo to clear mobs at. If you ever played other games, dungeons are supposed to be time consuming. I'm surprised how no one has noticed the "dungeon clan" that put up records of how fast they slayed the bosses before the update, that's not gameplay, sorry. You should be able to wipe and what not around bosses too, being used to always surviving and just making quick money, turns into lazy gameplay. For players that just want quick gameplay, maybe easy modes should be added.

well i dont know what you are thinking about but honestly if you like to play that gameplay they are implementing you have all the freedome but i dont know, the old games before implementing that holloween heck and bug the HOOD 1st and 2nd boss was way fine like these, we know the reason why you didnt keep implementing that time limit in the dunngeon long long long long years ago because its way boring and notice no one has doing that, the reason it was change to no time limit, now addig more difficulties that even skyblue colored monster that can even pawn a max lvl but without a good gear, nice fun idea you have in mind....

its not all/everyone playing these game is what you call billionairs who can afford to buy all those expensive sky price items on junon, you design these to be fun, yeah fun only vending all day long afk on the board, thats fun you wanna see, people just standing somewhere in junon desplaying items and costumes what they have, yeah thats fun, used your head guys, no one liked these new one, if i where to choese honestly i like the old one...

well anyways it has a great saying thing today will never be the same tomorrow, but i hope it for the better and really fun for the people who plays, these one this isnt fun anymore....

#268 johnnozc

johnnozc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 05:39 PM

hahaha useless idea either we paid real money for nothing like i always do, doing that bull-_- premium and haiving daily gift thats useless for me, cant be sold cant be trade, yeah thats fast money, bunch of IM equips or something? for what? for zulie? why can zulie buy you food? yes food on teh game but used your head real money for nothing in return in real world, thats pathetic...

#269 DigitalKitten

DigitalKitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4996 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 05:46 PM

I was sarcastic, because what all of you are asking for is 10 minute long dungeons.

#270 thebusiness

thebusiness

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 05:47 PM

You don't seem to understand it.

If i'm going to play a dungeon for a few hours. I want rewards worth that amount of time. Because it's not like I'm getting EXP doing it.

#271 johnnozc

johnnozc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 05:52 PM

If i'm going to play a dungeon for a few hours. I want rewards worth that amount of time. Because it's not like I'm getting EXP doing it.

regular account dont get exp on dungeon game but only premium account can get experience in the dungeon, but note these, these is hard dungeon, lowlvl people dont get good in there so expect it you will be kick out of that dungeon, useless premium account to be,,,, sucks but thats reality....

#272 johnnozc

johnnozc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 05:55 PM

yeah dude your danm right after doing the dungeon for 5hours you will get only hermes, hime, lisent u and others thats useless really, kitty trying to say after doing the dunegon for that long you just deserve those rewards for you, hahahaha really she/he has brilliant understanding what is goin on.... good job kitty...

#273 DigitalKitten

DigitalKitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4996 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 06:06 PM

Despite that I play the game for more than the reward, I've played other games and I think it's hard to beat how poor the PvE system in Rose Online is. You shouldn't be asking for a nerf of the mobs, if a reward is what you want. Personally, I'm one of the very few players that think they should add more things to it.

Let's pull Cave of Ulverick for example. I think, that clearing all the spiders should be a requirement to unlock the kings. Ex; seeing the kings being frozen while you clear the rooms of CoU (without new spiders spawning) having them drop valor while you kill them, and when you're done clearing, boss #1 is unlocked. Right now it's just "que to kill kings" and not do the entrie dungeon. I'd rather ask for more gameplay than just focusing around the bosses.

#274 johnnozc

johnnozc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 06:13 PM

Despite that I play the game for more than the reward, I've played other games and I think it's hard to beat how poor the PvE system in Rose Online is. You shouldn't be asking for a nerf of the mobs, if a reward is what you want. Personally, I'm one of the very few players that think they should add more things to it.

Let's pull Cave of Ulverick for example. I think, that clearing all the spiders should be a requirement to unlock the kings. Ex; seeing the kings being frozen while you clear the rooms of CoU (without new spiders spawning) having them drop valor while you kill them, and when you're done clearing, boss #1 is unlocked. Right now it's just "que to kill kings" and not do the entrie dungeon. I'd rather ask for more gameplay than just focusing around the bosses.

well for me actually these game is the only game i played also that dungeon drop crap, all games i join and played for so many years best tier or gears and weapons for all jobs is a reward of killing main bosses in dungeon, but i was shock for the firt time here dungeon boss drops items that you dont need...

most games PVP and PVE is the same gear

no more these PVE skill that cnat be casted for PVP

hahahaha i dont knwo how they jump into that idea skill only for pvp or pve row what they call here pvm

you could be shock also if your first time

there are so much set for each jobs

stats defferentiations etc

now they added elementals on mobs

but what elemental skills you have

useless

i dont know i just couldnt get the realization of the game honestly

#275 DrunkinMonkey

DrunkinMonkey

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 630 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/Slothnessmonst1
  • LocationBrisbane / QLD / Australia (GMT+10)
  • Server:There can be only one :D

Posted 10 November 2013 - 06:16 PM

regular account dont get exp on dungeon game but only premium account can get experience in the dungeon, but note these, these is hard dungeon, lowlvl people dont get good in there so expect it you will be kick out of that dungeon, useless premium account to be,,,, sucks but thats reality....

50k+ per mob isnt such bad xp i lvled my cleric there form 218-230 doing nothing but sod & hoo runs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users