Patch Notes v490 - 11/8/2013! 3PM (-8 UTC) & Server Maintenance - Page 9 - Patch Notes Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Patch Notes v490 - 11/8/2013! 3PM (-8 UTC) & Server Maintenance

• Please log in to reply
323 replies to this topic

#201 PureCreativity

PureCreativity

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2164 posts
  • Location--
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 09 November 2013 - 02:32 AM

I'm the one who reported the bugged skill points. It's all my fault.  :p_cry:

No you're not the only one, I was able to keep resetting my skills & stat pts after 24 hours, everyday over and over again.. xD

#202 borgahutt

borgahutt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1317 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 03:01 AM

Was not expecting this....

So the effect of buff sets  was removed due to being a long time 'glitch' and it slowed down the group play due to people taking longer to buff. Fair enough. There really aren't more types of gear being used after this and alot of the less appealing sets continued to be so. 

I still carry a full inventory of gear on me even after this, though I don't really use all of it. Different types of gear still had their place and useage when I'd need to escape quickly, deal more damage or survive longer. But not being able to change gear while in combat? For what reason honestly? 

It feels like Rose goes around in circles. We get an update here which diversifies things and makes new things more useful or efficient but then shortly afterwards we get an update that restricts any of that and we're back to square one. Rose just feels really stiff and limited nowadays and it's unfortunate. There are so many types of gear out there and so much of it is gone to waste because of changes like this. 

Can we atleast use self buffs yet? It feels like boot camp and I have do things/build/play a character by the books and thats it.

100% AGREE WITH THIS!

it was more diverse before being able to change different sets etc to enhance what you wanted to focus on.

then they remove buff sets... ok

then they changed the pvp bonuses on the gear which really made people only use a certain gear for each class.

they are making it so linear now and not unique, before i remember i dont think i even used the same as anyone else on my cleric and everyone enjoyed using what worked well for them and now everyone seems to just be in the same on most classes... now you cant change gear considering you might depending on which class your against. simply dumb move in my opinion

#203 Mystiqueforce

Mystiqueforce

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 03:22 AM

lol, i thought the reason you fixed the buff set bug is so that we can do hot swapping of items during combat~ 

more items, equips/jewels/acc gonna be useless

S> sagi 1 zulie

poor mage gonna die more frequently than ever

Edited by Mystiqueforce, 09 November 2013 - 03:25 AM.

#204 iambilly

iambilly

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 03:34 AM

i think its bug in HoO coz im healing and i cant see my member adding hp when im healing i dont think if that is a bugg tnx 

~WalnutMuffin

#205 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 09 November 2013 - 03:44 AM

Leo, whey do you guys insist on doing Maintenance on Fridays?  It never goes well.  Now there is a ton of lag, issues like not receiving the free resets on clerics, constant DCing, etc.  You gave everyone free energy for the 3 days but doing CD and Dungeons with this much lag and DCing is really tough.  If it were done on say Tuesday then you could still fix it during the week.  A lot of players can only play on the weekends and now it is just frustrating.  

And why are some things that were tradeable before (mage diary) now not?  There are just weird, random things not vendable/tradeable but others are.  Is that intended?

#206 borgahutt

borgahutt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1317 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 03:49 AM

they give out the free energy but no point with the constant disconnects and lag all the time...

#207 1722130415095613863

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 05:15 AM

hello,

does anyone know when prison will be back to normal? there is not much monsters and i can't see some of them

:(

#208 Dusk1PS

Dusk1PS

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1355 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 09 November 2013 - 05:29 AM

Retired from ROSE. How did I know with the nerfing of buff sets was going to be more and more, give them an inch and they take a mile.

After reading this patch note about gear swapping, it makes me glad I played ROSE when it was still fun and challenging with buff sets and gear swaps.

Good luck to all you!

PS. Chinese outfits look nice.

Edited by Dusk1PS, 09 November 2013 - 05:33 AM.

#209 borgahutt

borgahutt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1317 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 06:08 AM

Retired from ROSE. How did I know with the nerfing of buff sets was going to be more and more, give them an inch and they take a mile.

After reading this patch note about gear swapping, it makes me glad I played ROSE when it was still fun and challenging with buff sets and gear swaps.

yes it used to be so much fun with all the sets and enhancing what you wanted whether it was offensive or defensive.

now its just a stupid spam fest... no skill required

#210 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 09 November 2013 - 06:32 AM

There are way too many sleeps and stuns in CD, it is so annoying now, since the skill update, and so much worse then before.  Even if you play back from the crystal you are still constantly slept or stunned.  And people are still just massing up in the crystal for party heals.  Even the ranged chars.  And if your side does not have a cleric but the other does, everyone just quits that side.  As much as the devs want to believe that adding buff pots, etc will help that it won't.  People do not change and they don't want to die so really rely on the heals.

But good job on the respawn areas in CD. 

And with the changes in equipping gear it seems like you are being pigeon holed into wearing certain gear all of the time.  One of the things about getting rid of buff sets was for more diversity, so people were figuring out how to use those sets still for different situations.  But with this update that limits that.  If you are smart enough to figure out that you need to change gear or weapons in a certain situation then you should be able to use them.

I don't know how many sp that integrity and the other heal changed from/to but now i do not have enough sp for what I had before.  And the unique skills were not reset so those take my sp automatically.  And with less sp I would not have bought some of those IM or unique skills.  So now I have 2 or 3 unique skills I will no longer use.  Guess it is time to send a ticket.

And the bosses are sooo hard now in orlo.  not that I had a chance of killing them before alone on a cleric but some people really enjoy soloing and no longer can.  And it is hard to get parties to farm, and now the wars will start about epic drops and who gets them in party.  I think having things more difficult is all well and good and needed to a degree, but with lack of people and parties it makes it really hard now.  If we got more players in game I could see it I guess.  We will have to see how it goes.

Edited by Bendersmom, 09 November 2013 - 06:36 AM.

#211 3722121031200347517

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 06:38 AM

Please read what you quoted from me. I covered that we are aware of all this. It will now be up to you to consider foresight of such situations. Consider it a new 'game rule' you will need to play by. These situations are very conditional and do not apply to all areas.

Fact of the matter is

• If you are ambushed, it is a reward for the player who set up the trap that you are not at your optimal.
  • If you emerge victorious from an ambush, either you planned for it which is a commendation to your forethought, if not skill, and/or teamwork (depending on the situation)

If someone were to jump out and surprise you, sure your reaction may be to run. But would you be able to stop and change something on you, to give you the benefit to run faster? Doubtful, you'll have to think on your feet and quickly about how to deal with the situation. Fight or flight.

very well said..whats the point of an ambush of noobies if they cant even kill it, thats why they call it an ambush because they cant kill it head on duhhh!! :no1:  think guys..thank you for this :thx:  :thx:

Edited by 3722121031200347517, 09 November 2013 - 06:40 AM.

#212 GreylaVu

GreylaVu

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 245 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 09 November 2013 - 06:54 AM

hello,

does anyone know when prison will be back to normal? there is not much monsters and i can't see some of them

:(

prison is normal get use to it.

#213 johnnozc

johnnozc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 07:14 AM

na guys sorry but i gonna say what i observe when i log in

server says cleric is gonna be refresh

how when there is no refresh of the resets we get

you said cleric is force to reset, yes true it was force to reset, but too BAD you know why happens? you took like 10-20 skill points from the original counting of the skill points we got, i try my self building my old build and buff etc, you knopw what happen, no more all stat buff, no more resurection buff, and no more summoning of the bonefires, while before the server update it was way fine and everything is fine, now wht have you done? where are those skill points i got long ago before you updated the patch, no more summoning bonefire thats way like 10skill points on there, all stat buff, its like 5 or 10 i forgot i didnt watch anymore after i got pissed off rebuilding the same build but lack skil points, resurection, oh my G.... what is these things, guys i salute your way to make these thing improve but honestly it wasnt what we expected, did you recalculated the skill points before implementation coz honestly i am so feeling down of what happen, my cleric account together with a scout on it is premium and yet there are still few more WPE in my account but now i wanted to quit playing these thing, its way not good for me and not fun anymore, oh one more, i tried killing a mob in muris gate that tera one that is very low lvl for teh max and name color is sky blue meaning mobs is lower lvl than what i am, yet max damage only reaches 600 something on it, hahahaha really fun.... back on cleric thing, where is the refresh of the reskills you said, now my cleric is busted since i was not able to get those i mention up there on my message as part of my old skills way before you updated the patch to v490, huhuhuhu what are yo doing guys, if i way to say the old server was way way way way way way fine before the skill update, though it was conventional thing but way i like it, after the updated i learn to adopt on that patch and learn to live that game on, but these time oh my GOD, cleric are doomed to be dead always, also heal buff not working properly, its not adding any health after all... i know its long to read but please do...

i will visit once in a while on the game let my self say it will be what i ecpected and everything was just the way planned and not like these, its so unplanned, taking away 10-20kill points from cleric oh what a mess....

#214 johnnozc

johnnozc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 07:21 AM

There are way too many sleeps and stuns in CD, it is so annoying now, since the skill update, and so much worse then before.  Even if you play back from the crystal you are still constantly slept or stunned.  And people are still just massing up in the crystal for party heals.  Even the ranged chars.  And if your side does not have a cleric but the other does, everyone just quits that side.  As much as the devs want to believe that adding buff pots, etc will help that it won't.  People do not change and they don't want to die so really rely on the heals.

But good job on the respawn areas in CD. 

And with the changes in equipping gear it seems like you are being pigeon holed into wearing certain gear all of the time.  One of the things about getting rid of buff sets was for more diversity, so people were figuring out how to use those sets still for different situations.  But with this update that limits that.  If you are smart enough to figure out that you need to change gear or weapons in a certain situation then you should be able to use them.

I don't know how many sp that integrity and the other heal changed from/to but now i do not have enough sp for what I had before.  And the unique skills were not reset so those take my sp automatically.  And with less sp I would not have bought some of those IM or unique skills.  So now I have 2 or 3 unique skills I will no longer use.  Guess it is time to send a ticket.

And the bosses are sooo hard now in orlo.  not that I had a chance of killing them before alone on a cleric but some people really enjoy soloing and no longer can.  And it is hard to get parties to farm, and now the wars will start about epic drops and who gets them in party.  I think having things more difficult is all well and good and needed to a degree, but with lack of people and parties it makes it really hard now.  If we got more players in game I could see it I guess.  We will have to see how it goes.

thats what i am saying on mine, i lack like 10-20 skill points from my old build and refresh promise of teh reset is none, its all way down the hill, hahahahaha am crazy after building my cleric old way skills and lost my bonefires summoning, my all-stat buff, and my resurection skill and i cant help it no more reskill,,,hahahaha i quit...final word from me, i dont care anymore of my account either its premium or not, these game is bull-_- for me....

o long guys, enjoy your stay

Edited by Zurn, 09 November 2013 - 07:47 AM.

#215 gnxx

gnxx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 09:04 AM

I believe we need to readjust monsters's stat again...

Dungeon is so hard right now... I know it shouldn't be a walk in the park, but I think it's too much right now. I think it's impossible for people to clear dungeon without cleric and knight. And no, we don't try to run and go to boss directly. It's just almost impossible to tank the damage of mobs even while clearing it bit by bit, if we have no knight...

and if it is actually possible with a different build that I haven't tried, Doesn't it means that we need to readjust our skills and stats just for playing dungeon and you force us to buy those reset skill books just to play? Honestly dungeon was fine before... (except the 2 bosses in HoO) And even then, people tend to abandon if we have no cleric, costing non-premium account game arena points...

And if it is possible with best equipments, then sorry, not everyone has the best equipments... especially not for new players. How do you expect new players to get the best equips if they can't even play the game except with leeching?

I'm quite sad that there's also no solo content in this game right now after the recent "adjusting" on monsters. Honestly I think you should at least give solo people to kill bosses with decent, pvm intended gears. The idea of bosses being "party based' and the epic drop system doesn't sit well together... There need to be a good reason for bosses being 'party based': the party benefit in some way or another to kill the bosses together. With the epic drop right now, you don't really have the benefit on trying to kill bosses together, except probably with your best friends... and even then, it will still benefit 1 person more than the others

I think you give monsters to have 3-4x more HP compared to what it used to be... It's quite annoying that it takes a lot of time to even kill mobs now... The idea of farming is pretty much gone for me because the bad drops, and it takes way to long to kill mobs... it doesn't seem to worth the time to do so... I believe it encourages bot because it doesn't worth it to play the game actively...

Before patch, usually I just played a few hours of dg or doing a bit of king hunts since I'm quite busy these days... but after the patch, I don't think I can play anymore... I don't mind if you want to adjust monsters after you update skills, but I believe it's too much and need to be lowered

Edited by gnxx, 09 November 2013 - 09:14 AM.

#216 sacri

sacri

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 217 posts
  • Server:Leonis ♥ Odin

Posted 09 November 2013 - 09:16 AM

• Corrected Skill Point cost for Recovery (Party) & Integrity (Party) - Cleric classes will be given a forced reset and their skill reset skill will be refreshed.

Could anyone tell me what is the changes of these skills SP cost? What is the Sp cost of these skills before? 

#217 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 09 November 2013 - 09:28 AM

from 0 to 1

#218 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 09 November 2013 - 09:36 AM

Spawn protection is lovely, thanks for this one.

As to the switching gear, so far so good but need some more testing before I can draw a conclusion. I still think that 10 seconds may be a bit long, perhaps 5 seconds would be more appropriate.

#219 DigitalKitten

DigitalKitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4996 posts
  • Server:Leonis, Draconis

Posted 09 November 2013 - 09:42 AM

Yeah I agree within that, I don't think the issue is within the restriction because you have to see it from a different point of view too, I do feel like a reduction would be good for realllyyy squishy classes, such as mages and ARTIS AND RAIDERS AND ALL NON TANKY CLASSES K. 5 secs sounds more resonable.

Edited by DigitalKitten, 09 November 2013 - 10:25 AM.

#220 Soda

Soda

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1188 posts
  • Location-Pee-lippines
  • Server:Leo-Tards

Posted 09 November 2013 - 10:08 AM

Squishy classes such as mage and CLERICS?

Even playing as a "battle" cleric they pretty much tank better than a champ. Theres only 2 class in game that is "squishy" which is arti and mage. Heck even a good mage could pretty much tank better than an arti.

#221 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York

Posted 09 November 2013 - 10:13 AM

Clerics are the fattest class in the game. Knights may be the bulkiest, but clerics are by far the fattest.

Edited by Phish, 09 November 2013 - 10:13 AM.

#222 Soda

Soda

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1188 posts
  • Location-Pee-lippines
  • Server:Leo-Tards

Posted 09 November 2013 - 10:16 AM

And can I know what you mean by clerics being FAT? :p_laugh:

#223 PureCreativity

PureCreativity

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2164 posts
  • Location--

Posted 09 November 2013 - 10:17 AM

5 second restriction when you attack a players.

3 second restriction when you get attacked by a player.

#224 DigitalKitten

DigitalKitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4996 posts
  • Server:Leonis, Draconis

Posted 09 November 2013 - 10:23 AM

Mage and raider =_= sorry im tired. i didn't mean cleric lmfaooo

There I changed it, I'm sorry </3333 

I completely agree that clerics tank like there's no tomorrow, and that I need more sleep.

Edited by DigitalKitten, 09 November 2013 - 10:24 AM.

#225 jagz

jagz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 983 posts
  • LocationMaryland
  • Server:The Crashing One

Posted 09 November 2013 - 10:40 AM

This vendor crash / buy thing from vendor crash epidemic is frustrating

I know you all are aware, but >.<

0 user(s) are reading this topic