*update* 1/5 Arch Bishop Figurines Now available! - Page 7 - Archives - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * - - - 4 votes

*update* 1/5 Arch Bishop Figurines Now available!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
265 replies to this topic

#151 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 09 February 2011 - 05:33 AM

Man, wish I could have foresaw this. It would have been nice to get that headgear and then a refund on the ugly figurine thing.

#152 ABK1986

ABK1986

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 945 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 09 February 2011 - 05:36 AM

Man, wish I could have foresaw this. It would have been nice to get that headgear and then a refund on the ugly figurine thing.

I know! I'm kicking myself now. There are still 13 left, but I don't think they'll give refunds to the people who know what's going on -_-

#153 Tigra

Tigra

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1656 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 07:29 AM

Yeah I know. Free headgear right...

This is stupid. I want the headgear but $60 for a headgear is way too much. I get that it's a "bonus," but it shouldn't be limited to buying the figurine. If you want the figurine you should be able to buy it. If you want the headgear you should be able to buy it without spending $60 for something you don't want.

Edited by Tigra, 09 February 2011 - 07:29 AM.

#154 BlackPotato

BlackPotato

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1249 posts
  • LocationIris born, loud and proud!
  • Server:Iris

Posted 09 February 2011 - 08:15 AM

I wish this issue was me hiding the crate... I haven't heard any update on the items whereabouts, and I'm passed the point of concern and to the point anguish... I'm hoping the crate wasn't lost in shipping to us as I don't know what recourse we would have due to the 1 time run..

You all shouldn't worry as we aren't going to rip you off and disappear, but it is taking a long time to get to the bottom of the problem. Every day I hope to see a huge couple of crates waiting for opening, but so far no luck...

I truly wish I had better news about this, or at least more information.

if the order is scrapped, would be ok with some in game compensation in liu of a refund. say 1.0 god item creation if we have the parts, for those who preordered since theres the issue making them still

#155 ABK1986

ABK1986

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 945 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 09 February 2011 - 08:33 AM

This is stupid. I want the headgear but $60 for a headgear is way too much. I get that it's a "bonus," but it shouldn't be limited to buying the figurine. If you want the figurine you should be able to buy it. If you want the headgear you should be able to buy it without spending $60 for something you don't want.

Plus they're getting some sort of compensation in addition to the headgear -_- Though he hasn't come out and said "refund" yet.

#156 Creciableu

Creciableu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 08:42 AM

Hmm I buy/sell overseas often,especially from asia, and right now some of my packages are really delayed. I remember reading there were some restrictions with mailing packages over a certain weight that would be causing some delays. Maybe this effects these orders since it is a big crate of these figures? http://forums.warppo...tyle_emoticons/default/533.gif this was back in december/january though.

#157 Miyuki

Miyuki

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • LocationUnderground
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 09 February 2011 - 12:28 PM

Hmm I buy/sell overseas often,especially from asia, and right now some of my packages are really delayed. I remember reading there were some restrictions with mailing packages over a certain weight that would be causing some delays. Maybe this effects these orders since it is a big crate of these figures? http://forums.warppo...tyle_emoticons/default/533.gif this was back in december/january though.

That was from the whole printer cartridge terrorist attack. The inspection thing is still in place I believe. Basically any packages weighting over 1lb will get delayed.

#158 Halation

Halation

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 540 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 09 February 2011 - 02:16 PM

Can we get an update on the compensation please?
I think we should at the very least get back half the cost of the item, $30 worth of KP and a maybe a free PHP for this ridiculous over wait. Or a special headgear -_-

#159 Rutana

Rutana

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1553 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 February 2011 - 02:25 PM

I can totally understand you, but I can see why they don't bring it ingame without the figurines. The headgear comes exclusive to the figurine. I'm so glad that we have the chance to get it at all, cause normally, you would just get a code by buying the figurine that you can exchange for the headgear on jRO. It's really nice that on this way, the headgear made it's way to iRO, too.
I doubt that there's any other chance to get it.

#160 AtlasThunderbeef

AtlasThunderbeef

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 905 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 10 February 2011 - 12:57 AM

I bought it for the figurine, could have gotten it directly from Good Smile Company, but as a player it's nice to support your server.

This.. not so much. I would like my money back so I can buy it from Good Smile Company myself.

edit: the headgear is a nice addition to show people ingame that you have the figurine. That way you don't have to tell everyone "I have that AB figurine". But I'd rather have the actual figurine instead of the headgear to be honest.

Edited by AtlasThunderbeef, 10 February 2011 - 12:59 AM.

#161 Bavababje

Bavababje

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 03:17 AM

I'd much rather they find the stock than a refund lol, if it were a refund I might as well have not ordered it, as most places are now sold out of it.

#162 Miyuki

Miyuki

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • LocationUnderground

Posted 10 February 2011 - 05:01 AM

I bought it for the figurine, could have gotten it directly from Good Smile Company, but as a player it's nice to support your server.

This.. not so much. I would like my money back so I can buy it from Good Smile Company myself.

To be honest, you can't. :'D GSC shop doesn't ship outside Japan and they usually only stock limited edition stuffs, so you're getting the figure through a retailer anyways. (In this case, Gravity.)

#163 AtlasThunderbeef

AtlasThunderbeef

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 905 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 10 February 2011 - 06:21 AM

To be honest, you can't. :'D GSC shop doesn't ship outside Japan and they usually only stock limited edition stuffs, so you're getting the figure through a retailer anyways. (In this case, Gravity.)

Yeah I know, I got a friend who lives there that sometimes gets me figurines when I can't buy them online. Shipping isn't expensive either.

Main point is that this should take so long.

#164 Tigra

Tigra

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1656 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 09:15 AM

If you want the figurine, you should buy the figurine. If you want the headgear, you should be able to get the headgear. I think it's sorta sad that people are willing to pay $60 for a 5 inch figurine... do anime people (or, their parents) have unlimited funds or something?

But whatever. I'm especially not buying this now that the figurines are basically lost.

#165 Miyuki

Miyuki

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • LocationUnderground

Posted 10 February 2011 - 09:48 AM

If you want the figurine, you should buy the figurine. If you want the headgear, you should be able to get the headgear. I think it's sorta sad that people are willing to pay $60 for a 5 inch figurine... do anime people (or, their parents) have unlimited funds or something?

You're really not familiar with the concept of limited tie-up items, do you?

Either ways, that question goes both way. I see people on the forum talking about how they spend $300 on lucky boxes and whatnot. Do they have unlimited funds or something?

#166 Tigra

Tigra

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1656 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 09:51 AM

You're really not familiar with the concept of limited tie-up items, do you?

Either ways, that question goes both way. I see people on the forum talking about how they spend $300 on lucky boxes and whatnot. Do they have unlimited funds or something?

I get it, but it's dumb. You bought this 5 inch thing for $60, cool, but... now what? You just sit and stare at it while you play RO?
And yeah I know. It's sad that people pay that much for Lucky Boxes. I guess I just don't get the concept of spending so much for useless things in general.

#167 KakyuuOuhi

KakyuuOuhi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • LocationTN, USA
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 10 February 2011 - 10:08 AM

I'm surprised such a large shipment did not come with insurance and tracking services. Are we going to wait for an undisclosed amount of time? Or is a specific set of actions planned for a certain date if no such shipments were to arrive?

This. I would find it unprofessional to order such a large amount of a product(ex: multiple crates/pallet loads) without insurance and tracking. What I would like to know, has Gravity called the providing company or made contact in some fashion once not receiving the shipment as scheduled? If so, what did they say? Did they supply/you ask for a tracking number? What was the result? And has Gravity contacted the shipping company? The distributer? Checked customs, since the shipment is overseas? In this day and age of eBay and Paypal, it is hard nowadays to get away with just "missing" items without tracking and customs checking. This isn't about getting 1 figure, this is CRATES. There must be a travel log, you'd think. I ordered back in November in support of iRO and wanted the figure and the headgear. I am interested if the above actions have been made and what the results were.

#168 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 10:13 AM

You need to actually have the shipper initiate a trace on a package. So it's possible Gravity is waiting on Good Smile or whatever their name is to do what they are responsible for on their end.

Though, knowing Gravity, it's also possible they have not yet done this and are waiting for someone else down the line to realize the package is missing. But, the point is, Gravity alone can't initiate a trace on the package. If the tracking information is coming up inconclusive, they are not the party that can ask the shipping service to look into the items' whereabouts. I've dealt with a lot of over seas shipping and this is one step that can get messy, especially when there are language barriers.

#169 Miyuki

Miyuki

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • LocationUnderground

Posted 10 February 2011 - 10:14 AM

I get it, but it's dumb. You bought this 5 inch thing for $60, cool, but... now what? You just sit and stare at it while you play RO?
And yeah I know. It's sad that people pay that much for Lucky Boxes. I guess I just don't get the concept of spending so much for useless things in general.

I had fun with mine. >.> (Cellphone quality.)

There's always something someone find worth spending their money on that others think are just junks. :x

#170 HEALTEE

HEALTEE

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 10:54 AM

This wait is stupid. I dont even want this anymore. I want my money back now.

edit: I think is fair now that GM should allow for the refund for this case.

@Heim
Seriously, I am tired of waiting already. I am a impaint person. I really appreciated if you can offer me a refund on this.

Edited by HEALTEE, 10 February 2011 - 10:57 AM.

#171 Rutana

Rutana

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1553 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 February 2011 - 03:10 PM

It's a question of interests. My boyfriend and I are collecting figurines, not nendroids, but bigger ones, that mostly have a price of 100$ each.
We can't buy them regulary, but once in a while, and we like it.
I buyed the figurine for 70$ and to be honest... thanks to the Euro <-> US Dollar Convertion and the huge shipping costs I would have paid at other places, this was the cheapest offer for me... AND it came with the headgear, that's just lovely <3

Other people instead may not like figurines, or have fun with them. That's fine.
If you want to smoke, you don't really have something for your money, too.
If you buy stuff in an MMORPG, some people will also call you crazy for something, you don't hold in your own hands.
Some like it, some not.
Can you exactly explain why you love the thing's you love? Except for simple "fun"? ^^

#172 Halation

Halation

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 540 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 04:14 PM

I agree that the figurine is dumb to. It's just some cute plastic thing you can't do anything with except look at it. Remember beanie babies? Those things were cute and did fricking nothing except sit there. Figurines are great for hardcore weeaboo's I guess.

I did however want the headgear...so I bought it. When I get my figurine (if ever??) I plan on leaving it in the box and turning around and ebaying it. Maybe wait a little while for the value to go up...and ta da! free or at least cheaper heart head band -_-

#173 Samias

Samias

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 81 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC
  • Server:iRO Classic

Posted 10 February 2011 - 04:31 PM

I'm not a hardcore toy collector but I do love snatching up Ragnarok merchandise as it reliably well-made and faithful to the game. However the wait for this figurine is starting to become unbearable... I still want the nendoroid, but I was kind of hoping to see it amongst my collection last January, rather than March.

http://img.photobuck...rd/IMG_0130.jpg
http://img.photobuck...rd/IMG_0129.jpg

It's been awhile since I added to the family -_-

#174 Tigra

Tigra

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1656 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 05:13 PM

I agree that the figurine is dumb to. It's just some cute plastic thing you can't do anything with except look at it. Remember beanie babies? Those things were cute and did fricking nothing except sit there. Figurines are great for hardcore weeaboo's I guess.

At least beanie babies weren't $60 lol

#175 Halation

Halation

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 540 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 05:20 PM

Some were lol! Some were worth thousands.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users