[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 01 November 2010 - 12:26 PM

save yourself and stop posting

I'd much prefer if you'd save me and give some actual reasoning for why I'm wrong and you're right rather than 'im 1337 and ur an noob'.

#227 Kaden14

Kaden14

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 12:28 PM

130 vs 150 post Renewal is more comparable to 90-92 pre-Renewal.

lol? Ok, I thought you were just a loud noob before but now I know you're trolling. Stop wasting everyone's time please.

#228 Ultimate

Ultimate

Ultimate Event Inventor

• Members
  • 2915 posts
  • LocationValhalla Dwarf NPC

Posted 01 November 2010 - 12:40 PM

while you've got the txt file open...

"Yggdrasil_New_ServerB" -> "Yggdrasil" plz

#229 Doddler

Doddler

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1035 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 01 November 2010 - 12:42 PM

Try to keep it civil here, argument is fine as there's plenty to disagree on but try to refrain from personal attacks. I don't want to start removing posts.

Edited by Doddler, 01 November 2010 - 12:43 PM.

#230 rayy

rayy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 275 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 12:45 PM

Yes it is but 35k+? I hope we can get more data on it then as the formula from a low level genetic can't get that much damage. Anyways About Cart Cannon and Pneuma, it was magical damage at one point in RE so that might be why it can bypass it. But Genetics even though they are OP aren't tested at all... There haven't been any really detailed testing from players.

btw im a level 150 genetic stacked with god items if you havent realized by now

#231 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts
  • Server:Ygg

Posted 01 November 2010 - 12:51 PM

Well being 150 is one thing but the formula I received from tests of a low level genetic shows that 35k+ isn't possible even with god items as it is only affected by the Genetic's int, Summon Flora level and the base level of the target (From the formula).

Edited by Clogon, 01 November 2010 - 12:51 PM.

#232 rayy

rayy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 275 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 12:54 PM

technically 35k+ dmg for hells plant is possible. That is with 20 int food 10 int food, bless, 120 int (you sacrifice a LOT of stats for this) lvl 5 flora. I am not sure if hell's plant is reduced by woe reduction or whatever but 35k+ is possible in PvP

Edited by rayy, 01 November 2010 - 12:54 PM.

#233 meoryou2

meoryou2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1176 posts
  • LocationAFK in Ymir pront
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 01 November 2010 - 01:01 PM

Still no irowiki page on most Genetic skills. I'd like to see more info about other class skills. =/

That was my thought as well, but every time I was in Pneuma Cart Cannon was still raping me, so either I was position lagged every time or something there is not working properly.

You where position lagged. when I went in and played with E/A on my geneticist on Saturdays WoE the only people I couldn't hit where a AB and RK that just huddled in Pnuema after the RK used up all his SP trying to CS me to death. And I will laugh my butt off if you people get cart cannon nerfed like you want and no one can kill the GX that comes in with hallu walk because no one can hit him. :)

#234 KMAYDNTK

KMAYDNTK

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 01:12 PM

Ralis your screenie is of a ranger. Is that why you die soo fast? Yes CS is OP. But as a ranger you should be able to get max flee and be able to avoid it. There in lies the problem. Dex is still the stat for hit. Yet at max dex there is still a class that can get high enough flee to avoid it. Skills. I have died in PVP to skills that my 99agi chars (Which is most of my classes) would normally just laugh at. 1 class being able to out flee any build is BS. As it the skills that are now !hit KOing when B4 standard flee ment that it take 5 or 6 tries to connect and still didn't 1 hit KO. Many skills are now OP. I agree with ralis lvl150 should not be that much powerful them like 130. No other game does a character become that much more powerful then one 20 levels before it. The decideing factor is potting rate and cooldown. All games like RO with no potting cooldown a character 20 levels below someone can outpot the damage of a max character. RO is seriously broken damage and hit wize right now. I'm not saying that people under level 100 should stand a chance against max level characters. I'm just saying there should be more balance. I was 1 hit KO in PVP by a cart cannon from someone My level. thats just BS expecially since I had max Flee you can have at my lvl.

#235 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 01 November 2010 - 01:17 PM

Wh
I'm still waiting for an actual argument from you, by the way. If you have some actual reasoning for these skills not being OP and staying how they are, let's hear it.

he gave you a legit argument. get higher level and see how skills/etc playout and then comment on what is actually needed to be nerfed. but i mean if you wanna go this route, i went on a lvl 50 swordie last woe in a castle and i got one shotted by just about every skill. i think you need to nerf every single spell on ro heim for this unthinkable tragedy =(.

certain skills may or may not need buffs/nerfs, but you definately need a buff on your thinking in your posts

#236 heyxsean

heyxsean

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 715 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 01:20 PM

Everyone will be 150 sooner or later, and I'm sure GMs will help out on that, but can we not simply nerf crap just because people are too lazy to lvl and are getting owned because of the the simple fact that there's ~10-40 lvl difference. Like you nerf cart cannon to make it outpottable by 120's and then what? It'll never be able to do :) to 150's then. 150 a char first and then QQ about op skills because you guys simply can't base an op skill when you're freakin ~10-40 lvls lower !!

#237 KMAYDNTK

KMAYDNTK

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 01:30 PM

Everyone will be 150 sooner or later, and I'm sure GMs will help out on that, but can we not simply nerf crap just because people are too lazy to lvl and are getting owned because of the the simple fact that there's ~10-40 lvl difference. Like you nerf cart cannon to make it outpottable by 120's and then what? It'll never be able to do :) to 150's then. 150 a char first and then QQ about op skills because you guys simply can't base an op skill when you're freakin ~10-40 lvls lower !!

You really gonna say people are lazy? Come on grow up. 90% of Ymir (the server where most complaints are comming from) Have jobs and real lives. I can only spare 1 hour a day for leveling except for thurs and friday my days off. I will be blunt. Only lifeless loosers are level 150 now. The rest of us don't have time to level. Most of IRO players don't have the time to get level 150 any time soon no matter how much they want to. What do you want people to work 8 to 12 hours a day then spend all night trying to level their characters befor they have to go to work? I'll tell you what will happen. They will over sleep and miss work and loose their jobs. They will then be unable to pay for their sub or Kafra points. The game will end up dieing because it will come down to RO or looseing their jobs and everything they own. Any inttelegent person will choose their jobs and possesions. Again I say those who are level 150 are jobless and lifeless people. We should all feel sorry for them. They are pathetic.

#238 Dantemss

Dantemss

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 01:31 PM

I would be happier with DB, Cart Cannon and Hell's Plant if they could be reduced.

There's, like, no reason why they shouldn't when everything else is. Just like when the racial reductions were not working on kRO, this is most likely just another glitch. Hell, jRO even disabled Dragon Breath in siege.

I don't have THAT much of a problem with gloomy CS because it's not too fast and can actually be reduced.

Edited by Dantemss, 01 November 2010 - 01:35 PM.

#239 heyxsean

heyxsean

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 715 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 01:35 PM

You really gonna say people are lazy? Come on grow up. 90% of Ymir (the server where most complaints are comming from) Have jobs and real lives. I can only spare 1 hour a day for leveling except for thurs and friday my days off. I will be blunt. Only lifeless loosers are level 150 now. The rest of us don't have time to level. Most of IRO players don't have the time to get level 150 any time soon no matter how much they want to. What do you want people to work 8 to 12 hours a day then spend all night trying to level their characters befor they have to go to work? I'll tell you what will happen. They will over sleep and miss work and loose their jobs. They will then be unable to pay for their sub or Kafra points. The game will end up dieing because it will come down to RO or looseing their jobs and everything they own. Any inttelegent person will choose their jobs and possesions. Again I say those who are level 150 are jobless and lifeless people. We should all feel sorry for them. They are pathetic.

And yet, you guys with "lives" are the ones QQing about ro mechanics and such :) Please, do not play that card...and like I said, GMs will most likely do some crazy event and get you people with "lives" to 150.

#240 KMAYDNTK

KMAYDNTK

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 01:45 PM

And yet, you guys with "lives" are the ones QQing about ro mechanics and such ;) Please, do not play that card...and like I said, GMs will most likely do some crazy event and get you people with "lives" to 150.

Yeah we are complaining because the little downtime we have is being ruined right now. We choose RO for our little bit downtime and we are being :). Many of us Started IRO when we was still suppiorted by our parents. We enjoy it and it's a great way to reduce our stress. We should not be :) over and everything given to the lifeless bums. My point we are not lazy we just don't have the time. We have lives and jobs and our little bit of release we have in our lives is being taken from us. You have all damn day to level. We don't. You can reach max lever in the amount of time that makes everyone think your abuesing a bug. We do not. Most players are lucky if we have gotten 10 to 20 olevel in the amount of time that has passed since renewal came out. Think you are tough think you are badass. You can think of that wile the rest of RO is moveing to other games that aren't such BS and the game your soo badass in dies and goes offline.

Please pardon all the typos. This-_- pissed me off.

Edited by KMAYDNTK, 01 November 2010 - 01:48 PM.

#241 heyxsean

heyxsean

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 715 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 01:53 PM

Yeah we are complaining because the little downtime we have is being ruined right now. We choose RO for our little bit downtime and we are being ;). Many of us Started IRO when we was still suppiorted by our parents. We enjoy it and it's a great way to reduce our stress. We should not be :) over and everything given to the lifeless bums. My point we are not lazy we just don't have the time. We have lives and jobs and our little bit of release we have in our lives is being taken from us. You have all damn day to level. We don't. You can reach max lever in the amount of time that makes everyone think your abuesing a bug. We do not. Most players are lucky if we have gotten 10 to 20 olevel in the amount of time that has passed since renewal came out. Think you are tough think you are badass. You can think of that wile the rest of RO is moveing to other games that aren't such BS and the game your soo badass in dies and goes offline.

You sure got a lot of rage, get that checked :). But yeah...where did you get this idea that I think I'm bad ass. And, lol okay you're ridiculous, you contradict yourself so much...you seem to be a hardcore gamer with a life. Within the 3 weeks I've gotten 45 lvls, that averages 2 lvls a day with ~1-2hrs to lvl up, and so yeah, it's apparent you're just bad and should not be making suggestions to the GMs.

#242 rayy

rayy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 275 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 01:56 PM

Yeah we are complaining because the little downtime we have is being ruined right now. We choose RO for our little bit downtime and we are being :). Many of us Started IRO when we was still suppiorted by our parents. We enjoy it and it's a great way to reduce our stress. We should not be :) over and everything given to the lifeless bums. My point we are not lazy we just don't have the time. We have lives and jobs and our little bit of release we have in our lives is being taken from us. You have all damn day to level. We don't. You can reach max lever in the amount of time that makes everyone think your abuesing a bug. We do not. Most players are lucky if we have gotten 10 to 20 olevel in the amount of time that has passed since renewal came out. Think you are tough think you are badass. You can think of that wile the rest of RO is moveing to other games that aren't such BS and the game your soo badass in dies and goes offline.

Looks like its time for you to give up gaming then. Try playing tetris or solitaire, you don't need any time commitment outside of your life to be good at it. Let the next generation of kids who are supported by parents play this game and then quit a few years later when they too get a "life"

Edited by rayy, 01 November 2010 - 01:57 PM.

#243 KMAYDNTK

KMAYDNTK

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 02:03 PM

You sure got a lot of rage, get that checked ;). But yeah...where did you get this idea that I think I'm bad ass. And, lol okay you're ridiculous, you contradict yourself so much...you seem to be a hardcore gamer with a life. Within the 3 weeks I've gotten 45 lvls, that averages 2 lvls a day with ~1-2hrs to lvl up, and so yeah, it's apparent you're just bad and should not be making suggestions to the GMs.

I'm level 110. Thats following everyone suggestions of where to level again I like most other players dont have the time to level. 2 hours a day? Who with a high paying jobs has that time. I spent most of the last two weeks away from home for meetings. I'm not bad at RO or leveling. It's typical of an internet billy bad ass to make comment like yours. How did I contradict myself?? I'm have always held the same stance most of us don't have the time to level as a result of work or family. I have two days off one is taken by maint the other most of the time is taken by my family makeing me do :) wth them. Seems as tho your not bothering to read what people say. My stance is neither I nor many I know have the time to level now adays. We work too much or have to do other things with our loved ones. Ymir is 90% 19+ year old people. We come to IRO for a release from stress when we have time. How is that contradicting myself.
Ymir is the most vocal about renewal. Ymir is also the oldeast and job influenced players.

Hmm looking at the responces I guess you are all WOE nerds. If I was a nerd I'd probably have as good spelling and grammer as you. Fact reamins most of Ymir are people with jobs with little time and use RO as stress release. I apologive but you call me a nerd you must either still be in school or living off mommy and daddys money or off the government. You don't know what the real world is like. Try haveing to work for some-_- that gets a joy out of makeing you worry about him fireing you. Befor you run your mouths. To be honest the nerds are the ones that one this world and the rest of us are just their :). If you don't know that you are either spoiled by mommy and daddy or niot in the real world yet.

I'll be honest the nerds are the ones argueing with me everyone else knows I speak the truth about how real life is. BTW only high school kids still call people nerds. The rest of us are working for those you call nerds.

Edited by KMAYDNTK, 01 November 2010 - 02:12 PM.

#244 Kaden14

Kaden14

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 02:09 PM

Then leave and stop posting. I hope you have fun on the mmorpg you find where you don't have to level, max levels fight evenly with noobs, people that invest more time into the game than you get no advantage and gear doesn't matter.

#245 ItalianChild

ItalianChild

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 147 posts
  • LocationWestern New York
  • Server:Odin

Posted 01 November 2010 - 02:10 PM

dont know what people have already posted... could care less to read on through all the pages... i just would like to have my opinion out there... for one, i guarantee that if the mechanics are balanced out a little more, like a decrease in total dmg dealed in WoE from all melee and magic, would make it a little more enjoyable cuz its not an OMFG INSTANT DEATH... while you just had like 23k HP... and full defense gears.. BESIDES FROM THAT!!!!!!!!! i really still feel that the party multiplier needs to definitely be adjusted. and the most important... Servers/ISP need an overhaul.. the lag that we experience is absolutely insane.

Another idea. take WoW's Refer-A-Friend idea that would be nice, especially since we have from what i can see on the server count roughly 800+ people, if just some of those people would refer a friend and ALSO get a bonus from it, maybe an exclusive item? Cute Headgear? 300 Kafra Points if the friend subscribes for 3 months, and your friend gets like maybe a box of enriched Elu/Ori (account bound version for the newcomer) so that way he can make himself a good gear or at least attempt to?

Then lastly... some easier quests and such for starting out new and fresh in the game? Eden group great idea, but i dunno from personal experience just from how a few friends said that its a pain in the ass in the lower levels for them, well maybe a slight increase in exp for certain lvls? i dunno that one is just a hazy subject.

#246 heyxsean

heyxsean

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 715 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 02:11 PM

I'm level 110. Thats following everyone suggestions of where to level again I like most other players dont have the time to level. 2 hours a day? Who with a high paying jobs has that time. I spent most of the last two weeks away from home for meetings. I'm not bad at RO or leveling. It's typical of an internet billy bad ass to make comment like yours. How did I contradict myself?? I'm have always held the same stance most of us don't have the time to level as a result of work or family. I have two days off one is taken by maint the other most of the time is taken by my family makeing me do :) wth them. Seems as tho your not bothering to read what people say. My stance is neither I nor many I know have the time to level now adays. We work too much or have to do other things with our loved ones. Ymir is 90% 19+ year old people. We come to IRO for a release from stress when we have time. How is that contradicting myself.
Ymir is the most vocal about renewal. Ymir is also the oldeast and job influenced players.

I really don't care about your life, so I don't know why you're talking about it and letting everyone know...But anyways, again, if You don't have the time, I don't know why you're paying 10 bucks if you're going to just log on 30 minutes a week. Stress reliever, you serious, you're totally stressed out about ro right now :). My gosh lady, I am just saying, you're not fit to make suggestions.

#247 Symphony3000

Symphony3000

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 02:15 PM

Firstly, no skills should be nerfed. This is a dangerous road to tread, if you nerf a couple of skills because the people using them are way higher level and using God gears, you're starting a trend that only escalates. People see they got one skill nerfed, then they move onto the next until it ends up like World of Warcraft and nobody is allowed to have anything that does above mediocre damage.

When more people are 150 and the gap is closed, we'll be able to judge which skills are strong and which aren't. Nerfing classes based on one guild full of God items going around killing all the weaker, poorer guilds is just nonsense. Attack the source of the problem, which is specifically the leveling issues for normal players and the current one-sided nature of WoE due to certain guilds being far stronger than others.

You're a Champion and hate Clashing Spiral and want it nerfed? Fine... your Guillotine Fist could be next. RO has always had some over-the-top skills and abilities - it's part of what makes the game fun. If there are balance issues, then other classes need to be brought up to par.

That said, cast times for the Wizard class need to be looked at, as well as skill delays especially for the Priests heal.

Most of the problem with Renewal is the insanely slow exp rate (We're on an exp event now? I hate to see how slow it's going to be after Thursday then), and the lack of any real need for parties due to the loss of exp.

Edited by Symphony3000, 01 November 2010 - 02:19 PM.

#248 KMAYDNTK

KMAYDNTK

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 02:22 PM

I really don't care about your life, so I don't know why you're talking about it and letting everyone know...But anyways, again, if You don't have the time, I don't know why you're paying 10 bucks if you're going to just log on 30 minutes a week. Stress reliever, you serious, you're totally stressed out about ro right now :). My gosh lady, I am just saying, you're not fit to make suggestions.

Did you really just call me a lady you-_-? Look at my post again you will know I'm a man. I am fit to make suggestions. I am like most of the player base. We do not have as much time as you. Those who have all the time in the world only make up 5% of the playerbase. I am part of the other 95% who don't have the time to level and are complaining. What level are you. The way your talk you are of the very very few that are 150. Yes I am stressed right now. Neither me nor my friends have a chance in hell with the current system. I don't mind if one screws me over. My loved one is another story. Say what you want about me I don't mind. Fact remains a bunch of my friends who I hang out with in real life are being :) over. I don't care about me. You mess with my love ones tho and upset them and your gonna see how bad big brother is.

#249 KMAYDNTK

KMAYDNTK

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 02:24 PM

Firstly, no skills should be nerfed. This is a dangerous road to tread, if you nerf a couple of skills because the people using them are way higher level and using God gears, you're starting a trend that only escalates. People see they got one skill nerfed, then they move onto the next until it ends up like World of Warcraft and nobody is allowed to have anything that does above mediocre damage.

When more people are 150 and the gap is closed, we'll be able to judge which skills are strong and which aren't. Nerfing classes based on one guild full of God items going around killing all the weaker, poorer guilds is just nonsense. Attack the source of the problem, which is specifically the leveling issues for normal players and the current one-sided nature of WoE due to certain guilds being far stronger than others.

You're a Champion and hate Clashing Spiral and want it nerfed? Fine... your Guillotine Fist could be next. RO has always had some over-the-top skills and abilities - it's part of what makes the game fun. If there are balance issues, then other classes need to be brought up to par.

That said, cast times for the Wizard class need to be looked at, as well as skill delays especially for the Priests heal.

Most of the problem with Renewal is the insanely slow exp rate (We're on an exp event now? I hate to see how slow it's going to be after Thursday then), and the lack of any real need for parties due to the loss of exp.

I'm not saying perm nerf. I'm saying temp nerf till the servers level out. Right now limitles time players are at too high advantage. Things need leveled out till players level even out.

#250 rayy

rayy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 275 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 02:25 PM

Did you really just call me a lady you-_-? Look at my post again you will know I'm a man. I am fit to make suggestions. I am like most of the player base. We do not have as much time as you. Those who have all the time in the world only make up 5% of the playerbase. I am part of the other 95% who don't have the time to level and are complaining. What level are you. The way your talk you are of the very very few that are 150. Yes I am stressed right now. Neither me nor my friends have a chance in hell with the current system. I don't mind if one screws me over. My loved one is another story. Say what you want about me I don't mind. Fact remains a bunch of my friends who I hang out with in real life are being :) over. I don't care about me. You mess with my love ones tho and upset them and your gonna see how bad big brother is.

This is what i call internet e-thugery nerd rage

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users