Blubba

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 193 posts
  • LocationCork, Ireland
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 31 October 2010 - 03:09 PM

Probably the best way to start a plan of attack is to really taking people's comments seriously?

Aimee Z's comments was deleted, even though she was noting how much people had abused bugs in this game, making a certain guild/alliance become so powerful and Gravity didn't do a fking thing to address this? Or addressing many earlier complaints such as Blubba's?

The fact that you simply delete her comments and didn't do anything to address that really make me question your commitment to make RO or WoE alive again, not to a certain guild/alliance but tho the rest of the server. Hell, this bug abuse even make the old GM's conspiracy craps on Wild Blades paled in comparison.

I just noticed that mine and Aimees Post got deleted.

Edited by Blubba, 31 October 2010 - 03:34 PM.

#127 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 03:10 PM

Another huge mishap with Renewal and attempting to reach out to players was the huge failure that was the "Call to Returning Heroes" or whatever they dubbed that.

We all know that the Gravity newsletter is iffy at best. It gets filtered as spam for some, arrives late for many others, goes completely missing in many cases... And those that were lucky enough to get the email offering a short period of free playing time to test the new system had to go through WarpPortal to change their passwords and bind their accounts before they could do anything since we recently had the mass password reset. That knocked off a few days of free time. By the time everything was in order they had what... Five days at best?

Whoever thought that system would work is insane. Or rather just incredibly short sighted.

#128 Pravin

Pravin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 03:25 PM

I am going to make a lame and a selfish request to get the latest ranger balancing patch on to iRO as soon as possible, so we can actually take advantage of the exp events easily.

Wrong thread, but err thats how impatient and a bit frustrated I am about leveling my ranger :) and not being able to fully enjoy the current exp events. Not being able to take full advantage and test out the updated ranger skills while the reset npc is here, kinda sux.

#129 rayy

rayy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 275 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 03:35 PM

The amount of stupidity in this game baffles me.

#130 Pravin

Pravin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 03:37 PM

Well usually I dont act as stupid as I just did, but err I was kinda bored and needed to vent it.

#131 rayy

rayy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 275 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 03:42 PM

Sorry that wasn't directed at you. Although all these posts suggesting things like 1 god item per server, 1 fort per guild, GM corruption...the list goes on, are just silly

#132 Aimee

Aimee

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 03:49 PM

^ agreed. but gm stupidity concerns and bothers me much more than player stupidity. cause, let's face it: players can make all the stupid suggestions and take all the stupid actions as their heart desires. but it'll be the gm's who ultimately make a rule or punish a group or turn a blind eye etc etc etc.

#133 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD
  • Server:Chaos - Animosity Leader

Posted 31 October 2010 - 04:04 PM

The skills that are being used now don't require skill. It's pretty much...run in...1 shot. I can 1 shot most people. I can be 1 shotted.

Renewal pulled away the whole "work as a team" factor in WoE. It seems like in renewal, you're best to just constantly push and run around by yourself and try to 1 shot people before you get 1 shotted. Standing in 1 spot, setup, gets you destroyed.

WoE changed to PVP, and most of the skills can't be countered. I quote Amor: "I bet in the next update, they'll make a skill that turns your opponents monitor off."

WoE -> 1 vs 1 PVP. Ymir -> Iris.

RIP.

Edited by Lambor, 31 October 2010 - 04:06 PM.

#134 Theoretical

Theoretical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 652 posts
  • LocationOrlando, Florida
  • Server:25-Life

Posted 31 October 2010 - 04:11 PM

@Lambor thats the best description Ive heard for the current WoE situation, and game situation in general. I hope they base the re-balancing off of what you have said. We need more emphasis on team play in game.

#135 Shao

Shao

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 04:20 PM

Probably the best way to start a plan of attack is to really taking people's comments seriously?

Aimee Z's comments was deleted, even though she was noting how much people had abused bugs in this game, making a certain guild/alliance become so powerful and Gravity didn't do a fking thing to address this? Or addressing many earlier complaints such as Blubba's?

The fact that you simply delete her comments and didn't do anything to address that really make me question your commitment to make RO or WoE alive again, not to a certain guild/alliance but tho the rest of the server. Hell, this bug abuse even make the old GM's conspiracy craps on Wild Blades paled in comparison.

At least Bass wasn't given this BS:
Posted Image

WHERE'S WALDO?

this is sad because I remember having a very long correspondence over warpportal about bug abuse like this. and in the end, I got the vanilla response that GMs had taken care of it, but in reality, we were told by a info leak that the GM's only took care of a portion of it.

then you get the turtle hat bug--in other games, people that abuse such ways of exping are banned immediately for several days and often might also face a roll back if they are unbanned at all. I remember a time when GM's regularly rolled back accts for abusing bugs like that--and now, not so much...........

but god forbid you're not in certain guilds you get temp banned for the most minute bull-_- that pales in comparison to the above screenshot!

#136 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 31 October 2010 - 04:28 PM

Things like the legit guild!

#137 Mwrip

Mwrip

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...

Posted 31 October 2010 - 04:38 PM

The skills that are being used now don't require skill. It's pretty much...run in...1 shot. I can 1 shot most people. I can be 1 shotted.

Renewal pulled away the whole "work as a team" factor in WoE. It seems like in renewal, you're best to just constantly push and run around by yourself and try to 1 shot people before you get 1 shotted. Standing in 1 spot, setup, gets you destroyed.

WoE changed to PVP, and most of the skills can't be countered. I quote Amor: "I bet in the next update, they'll make a skill that turns your opponents monitor off."

RIP.

It's not just WoE. Why would you ever take a caster in your party, when the melees can just steamroll maps, and the massive exp penalties for taking people with you just slows you down? Casters and other support types in Renewal are simply in the way - even the AB is iffy with the stat buffs doing so little, and the heals being halved. The entire game has become nothing but a melee solofest.

Edited by Mwrip, 31 October 2010 - 04:39 PM.

#138 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 05:07 PM

It's not just WoE. Why would you ever take a caster in your party, when the melees can just steamroll maps, and the massive exp penalties for taking people with you just slows you down? Casters and other support types in Renewal are simply in the way - even the AB is iffy with the stat buffs doing so little, and the heals being halved. The entire game has become nothing but a melee solofest.

Very true. I was leveling my Archbishop in Juperos with my friend's Warlock and even though I felt like we were killing like crazy and doing pretty well we just couldn't compare to the Rune Knights and Royal Guards in there. In the end the EXP was just so-so. I'm not jealous of them leveling more quickly, I'm glad some classes are so successful (I have a Genetic as well, so I am making use of the solo one-shooting AoEs)... I just think that casters and support classes really need some adjustments.

#139 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 31 October 2010 - 05:13 PM

So... you're saying upgrading already very powerful characters was a bad idea?

Edited by Scuba, 31 October 2010 - 05:13 PM.

#140 Cubical

Cubical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 888 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 31 October 2010 - 05:48 PM

At least Bass wasn't given this BS:
Posted Image

clearly he is hiding under the white blob

WHERE'S WALDO?

clearly he is hiding under the white blob

Edited by Cubical, 31 October 2010 - 05:48 PM.

#141 pomdjyer

pomdjyer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 06:10 PM

RIP.

incredible how you and your bad guild knows nothing about renewal

it's already been weeks, make some effort and learn how to play

this is way more team based than pre-renewal, maybe you will get to know that when your bad guild starts lvling

Edited by pomdjyer, 31 October 2010 - 06:12 PM.

#142 Shao

Shao

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 06:46 PM

why waste time with a dying game that can't even have proper server management (horrible lag, server downtimes related to god knows what) and a GM team that doles out arbitrary punishments that don't make any sense?? taking out the whole issue of another possible annie situation, you can't deny the GM's seem to hand out punishments depending on their moods of the day...

more ppl rather spend their time on a game that is more skill based rather than # and who has the most god item/mvp cards based, where servers are more stable, and GMs all hand out the same punishments regardless of who you are or who you are affiliated with

hell, from personal experience, I can tell you that I get different responses from different gm's--some of them are notorious for not working as well with the players, but if I get lucky to get one of the notoriously nicer ones, I get a much better response in general. nothing good comes from GM teams that can't even give the same responses to the same person.

Edited by Shao, 31 October 2010 - 06:48 PM.

#143 KVGankster

KVGankster

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 07:00 PM

1. Increase efficient in lving by either increase exp in party or just make more killcount event and increase monster spawn if no exp event.
2. Balance the skills

CS - increase the cooldown (maybe reduce the dmg by abit too??)
Dragon breathe - Increase cooldown by alot
Gloomy - adjust it to 2x in woe only
Manhold - increase the cooldown or just limit it 1 person / cast
Cannon - increase cooldown (*THIS SKILL CAN BE REDUCED BY GR/DR)
warlock skills - FIX THE GODDAMN CAST TIME!!!!!!

3. OPEN MORE REALMS TILL PPL IS HIGHER LV !!!!!

these skills need a re-blance cuz they all seem too be insta cast and spamable my cross impact does maybe 16k dmg edp'd in woe and isn't spamable like it was originally with renewal test server now there is a 2 second delay cept if u spam 1 target 2 times fast u can get 2 hits in but when every class has 35k+ hp it's impossible too kill anyone cuz they pot at 10k hp per second and DB and cart cannon take out whole guilds with just one person and there is little too no reduction or way too stop them they just run up pow pow your guild falls over they laugh and that's that not my idea of fun if things don't change soon when my subscription ends i'll be quiting.

#144 rayy

rayy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 275 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 07:05 PM

all i saw in that post was one gigantic word wall. Anyways, do you even slightly think that the reason your guild dies is because you are fighting a level 150 with level 100's?

#145 Doddler

Doddler

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1035 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 31 October 2010 - 07:14 PM

I'm only really familiar with the situation on valk but it sounds like ymir is basically in the same situation.

The woe balance situation on both servers is less about renewal than simply the the guild situation. Both servers were very polarized into two major alliances, and anyone interested in a serious, hardcore siege would pile into one of those two sides. One side falls out and no longer participates in siege, and the server is left with one guild that is so much stronger than all the guilds that they command control over the entire servers castles. Their members won't be satisfied without fighting in siege, so they will actively search out opponents, which is pretty one sided.

I don't think anything gravity does with number of forts available, treasures, level limits, or special rules will really change that fact. These guilds will go wherever there are people to fight. Limiting guild size, even blocking alliances still won't prevent people from working together. They don't gain anything by fighting each other. A real solution would be one that fixes these issues, and encourages guilds to size down and compete against each other.

As for balance in siege, the following are things that might warant some investigation.

- Clashing on it's own won't kill players that are well geared, but Gloomy Shyness increasing clashing damage by 3 times is overly excessive. Gloomy Shyness probably shouldn't increase damage by this much, maybe 1.5x-2x would be ok.

- Locking skills, like White Imprison and Manhole have some issues I think. From a balance perspective, they probably shouldn't be able to re-cast before the player is released. For example, manhole can be continually recast on a target to prevent them from doing anything without alt-F4'ing the client. Last siege we kept a guild leader locked down for 7 minutes. It should probably have a cooldown longer than it lasts on players.

- Shadow Formation having no cast time and no cooldown makes shadow chaser almost stupidly hard to kill. As funny as it is to watch a shadow chaser kill a guild that's trying to take it down, it probably could use some balancing. It should probably have some kind of cooldown, even if it was just 5-10 seconds.

- Genetic Skills, particularly cart cannon, has no fixed cast time at all. That means with a mjolnir and reasonable dex they can instant cast the skill, and spam it at attack speed. I thought renewal was supposed to prevent instant cast from being obtainable. Cart Cannon is strong on it's own but instant cast cart cannon is pretty stupid. It should probably have a 0.5s-1s fixed portion to it's 3s cast time.

- Dragon Breath and Cart Cannon aren't properly reduced by damage reduction. They both ignore cranial and garment reduction, possibly even bypassing siege reduction. The only way to lower dragon breath damage is to wear fire armor, which isn't really feasible.

- Some other skills don't apply players defense properly. Acid Bomb for example says it's reduced by defense and magic defense, but it works differently in practice than the description says. If a player has 200+100 defense and 50+100 magic defense, acid bomb hits for 450 less damage, subtracting the total physical and magical defense from the total damage dealt, rather than lowering the damage correctly like you would expect. There's a few skills that apply defense incorrectly in this fashion, including cart cannon.

Edited by Doddler, 31 October 2010 - 07:15 PM.

#146 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 31 October 2010 - 07:28 PM

The Ymir WoE guild situation is more because of good people quitting, which though I am in no way going to say renewal was the cause of, it was sort of another reason to stop playing for quite a few people, I think. Like, not the cause, but one of many.

I mean, I never personally liked SGN so I don't really know why most of them quit, but they were probably the last high caliber guild in the opposing alliance after DC imploded. I know DC's collapse wasn't because of renewal, but I think renewal may be part of the reason for some of the former members not quite taking the game as seriously any more.

Edited by Sera, 31 October 2010 - 07:30 PM.

#147 heyxsean

heyxsean

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 715 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 07:55 PM

Dragon breath also can't be interrupted, which is really stupid...Huge Damage, spammable, can't be interrupted, fast cast and on a class with the highest hp...where as you got warlocks with -_-ty hp, long ass cast time, cast can be interrupted :) seems like every class except the mage classes are able to spam skills and mage classes are stuck with fix cast which during woe, means you'd never get a skill off when on the offensive sadly, unless you're sacced :) but yeah, my little rant ;)

#148 Trixdee

Trixdee

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1647 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Renewal: Chaos

Posted 31 October 2010 - 08:15 PM

Yeah other classes can still insta cast skills while mage and archer classes are being punished cause they were able to? WTF? Way to go you hypocritical buttf-_-ks!!

Edited by Trixdee, 31 October 2010 - 08:18 PM.

#149 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 31 October 2010 - 08:17 PM

So... Still waiting for this here subforum? @@

#150 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 31 October 2010 - 08:32 PM

I think it would be good too, if when this subforum is made, the CMs make some sort of standardized form for grievances

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users