• This topic is locked This topic is locked
267 replies to this topic

#201 heyxsean

heyxsean

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 715 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 11:44 AM

@heyxsean: I may not be 150 here on iRO but I have tested renewal for over a year on kRO already. Unlike you I have had first hand experience with balance at 150. So stop trying to deny your ignorance and actually take my advice so you can improve yourself.
Posted Image

@Ralis:
Well I actually disagree with that some what. It gives people more incentive to level. Also IIRC PVP wasn't part of RO till later on in the game. And how can you balance when 2nd, trans and expanded skills are already enough to 1 shot people? The only way to do that is to nerf almost every offensive class and then nerf the monsters too so that lvling speed would still be the same. And this would take well over a year to balance compared to doing it only at end game. And right now, you are not using the correct comparison. It 130s vs 100s should not be compared to 99 vs 80s as 99 was the previous end game. You should compare it to 80s vs 60s. Surely a well leveled trans can easily stomp someone who just turned no?

Improve what? You're dying to cart cannon and saying it's op and you can read skill descriptions, congratulations? I'm 14x and have no problem outpotting cart cannon and junk...

#202 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 01 November 2010 - 11:47 AM

Improve what? You're dying to cart cannon and saying it's op and you can read skill descriptions, congratulations? I'm 14x and have no problem outpotting cart cannon and junk...

Cart Cannon is not as bad with regular gear. Mjolnir + double Megs, however, is not. Mjolnir gives near instant cast (which is not supposed to be possible in Renewal) and the Megs make a very spammable skill very ouch.

#203 heyxsean

heyxsean

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 715 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 11:49 AM

Cart Cannon is not as bad with regular gear. Mjolnir + double Megs, however, is not. Mjolnir gives near instant cast (which is not supposed to be possible in Renewal) and the Megs make a very spammable skill very ouch.

Okay fine the cast time, I agree is stupid, but the dmg it does in woe is not that big of a deal - you die to it, simply because you're low lvl.

#204 LethalJokeChar

LethalJokeChar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 322 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 November 2010 - 11:50 AM

Even if level 150 is supposed to be stronger than level 120, you'd think some GROUPS of level 120 trying to get by and organize an offensive against this ONE Rambo character would pay off. Unfortunately, the mechanics are too screwed up. The lower level guys can't resist any of the status effects at all, and can mostly be one-shot in DROVES. Spamming pneuma up to where we were going kinda works, but UH OH, HERE COMES CRAZY WEED.

And the funny thing is I don't even think we got a chance to deal with howling of mandragora or the geneticist's homunculus.

#205 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 01 November 2010 - 11:52 AM

Okay fine the cast time, I agree is stupid, but the dmg it does in woe is not that big of a deal - you die to it, simply because you're low lvl.

Yes, the double Megs have NOTHING to do with it.

I'm 115, by ropd the Genetic was 130 during WoE. That's kind of what I'm saying... A difference of 15 levels should not mean they should be able to 1 or 2 shot me.

#206 heyxsean

heyxsean

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 715 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 11:53 AM

Yes, the double Megs have NOTHING to do with it.

I'm 115, by ropd the Genetic was 130 during WoE. That's kind of what I'm saying... A difference of 15 levels should not mean they should be able to 1 or 2 shot me.

Wouldn't use ropd to base a char's lvl right now, ropd has been slow in updating...

#207 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 01 November 2010 - 11:56 AM

Wouldn't use ropd to base a char's lvl right now, ropd has been slow in updating...

Well, in that case, I think we can even more solidly say that Genetic skills with God Items are a tad OP since they'd probably be about 140 or so now.

#208 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts
  • Server:Ygg

Posted 01 November 2010 - 11:57 AM

You are a Sorc, no? You have one of 3 skills that can actually reduce the damage of Cart Cannon. Of course, you'll have less trouble with it than other classes. And Cart Cannon is not the only skill used to support my opinion of Geneticists. Why would I complain about genetics if the only thing they can do can be stopped by Pneuma or Sacrifice+Defender's Aura?

#209 pomdjyer

pomdjyer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 11:58 AM

Of course the incentive to level is nice, and of course 150s should be stronger than a 130. The problem is that a 150 should not be able to 1 shot a 130. Perhaps a 100, yes, but you can't expect every player to be 150 before they can even survive and be able to have an impact in WoE.

noob alert

#210 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 01 November 2010 - 12:01 PM

You are a Sorc, no? You have one of 3 skills that can actually reduce the damage of Cart Cannon. Of course, you'll have less trouble with it than other classes. And Cart Cannon is not the only skill used to support my opinion of Geneticists. Why would I complain about genetics if the only thing they can do can be stopped by Pneuma or Sacrifice+Defender's Aura?

Royal Guard. Hell Plant is another thing altogether. Not only did that 1 shot me, it status'd everyone else around me. x_o

noob alert

Announcing your own arrival?

If you have nothing worthwhile to add, then don't bother saying anything at all. I have no issue with people disagreeing with me, so long as they have actual arguments and are able to justify their positions.

#211 rayy

rayy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 275 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 12:02 PM

wait wait let me try to understand your argument here, what you are saying here basically means that pre-renewal, a level 99 high wizard w/ god items & fallen bishop SHOULDNT be able to solo a group of level 70-80s? What a joke.

#212 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 12:06 PM

@Ralis:
That is because Hell's Plant is like a very cheap AB but much stronger. The more Vit you have, the more damage you receive. Also it is unreducable by Gear or Def as well. I don't recall correctly but it can do 30k if you have 100 vit? But this was on jRO while we have a copy of kRO's RE.

#213 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 01 November 2010 - 12:06 PM

wait wait let me try to understand your argument here, what you are saying here basically means that pre-renewal, a level 99 high wizard w/ god items & fallen bishop SHOULDNT be able to solo a group of level 70-80s? What a joke.

130 vs 150 post Renewal is more comparable to 90-92 pre-Renewal.

The difference in your situation is that there are several ways to negate the damage from a High Wizard and spells. Elemental Armor, Magnetic Earth, high Magic Defense and other skills that add to it, etc.

Cart Cannon, however, is unreducable and does not have a fixed cast time.

#214 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 01 November 2010 - 12:07 PM

They should fiber the wiz and ME themselves? X_X

Edited by Xellie, 01 November 2010 - 12:08 PM.

#215 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 01 November 2010 - 12:08 PM

@Ralis:
That is because Hell's Plant is like a very cheap AB but much stronger. The more Vit you have, the more damage you receive. Also it is unreducable by Gear or Def as well. I don't recall correctly but it can do 30k if you have 100 vit? But this was on jRO while we have a copy of kRO's RE.

Yep, I have 100 Vit (and then bonuses) so it's very painful to me. Being able to cast multiple of them at the same time as well is bleh.

#216 rayy

rayy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 275 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 12:08 PM

@Ralis:

hell's plant damage is not based on vit of the target

Solution to counter a genetic: PNEUMA

Edited by rayy, 01 November 2010 - 12:10 PM.

#217 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 01 November 2010 - 12:12 PM

hell's plant damage is not based on vit of the target

Solution to counter a genetic: PNEUMA

Still no irowiki page on most Genetic skills. I'd like to see more info about other class skills. =/

That was my thought as well, but every time I was in Pneuma Cart Cannon was still raping me, so either I was position lagged every time or something there is not working properly.

#218 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 12:13 PM

Never mind I was wrong about how Hell's plant works. It is not based on Vit but on the base level of the target. But yeah it can deal 30k+ with the right set up on a 150 char.

Edit:
Well if you have a GR that will help lots too as those skills are forced neutral.

Edited by Clogon, 01 November 2010 - 12:14 PM.

#219 rayy

rayy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 275 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 12:15 PM

With alot of new 3rd class skills, you basically get pos bugged everytime you try to use it and move.

#220 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 01 November 2010 - 12:15 PM

Never mind I was wrong about how Hell's plant works It is not based on Vit but on the base level of the target. But yeah it can deal 30k+ with the right set up on a 150 car.

1 shotted with 35k HP though, so I'm guessing it's also affected by the caster's own stats as well?

#221 rayy

rayy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 275 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 12:16 PM

No. Hell's plant damage is not affected by any of the target's stats. It's damage is purely based on the skill level, and the amount of INT the genetic has. I can't even break 30k with 10/20 int food, sleips. This genetic must have been very strong to do 35k dmg

Edited by rayy, 01 November 2010 - 12:17 PM.

#222 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 12:19 PM

Yes it is but 35k+? I hope we can get more data on it then as the formula from a low level genetic can't get that much damage. Anyways About Cart Cannon and Pneuma, it was magical damage at one point in RE so that might be why it can bypass it. But Genetics even though they are OP aren't tested at all... There haven't been any really detailed testing from players.

Edited by Clogon, 01 November 2010 - 12:21 PM.

#223 pomdjyer

pomdjyer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 12:20 PM

you lvl 110's need to stop posting and giving bad feedback to GMs

NOBODY here has any idea what needs to be nerfed or what needs to be buffed, get lvl 150, live for more than 10seconds, and then talk.

I'm actually afraid that GMs will listen to you noobs and nerf/buff skills that don't need to be nerfed/buffed, and then later on you retards will complain about the REAL issues and it's not gonna be nerfed/buffed because you idiots were stupid about complaining about -_-ty skills.

it's like you guys are living in the dark age, and insurrection is building spaceships

#224 Ghost007

Ghost007

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 445 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 12:23 PM

There's a couple of skills that aren't reduced by anything apparently, that needs to be fixed. Also give cart canon to mechanics, anyone else think that makes more sense? Mabye make sure it's cast time can't go any lower then lets say 1 second or something? As of now it starts off at 1.8 but im sure with the right stats/gears goes below a .5 cast time.

#225 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 01 November 2010 - 12:25 PM

you lvl 110's need to stop posting and giving bad feedback to GMs

NOBODY here has any idea what needs to be nerfed or what needs to be buffed, get lvl 150, live for more than 10seconds, and then talk.

I'm actually afraid that GMs will listen to you noobs and nerf/buff skills that don't need to be nerfed/buffed, and then later on you retards will complain about the REAL issues and it's not gonna be nerfed/buffed because you idiots were stupid about complaining about -_-ty skills.

it's like you guys are living in the dark age, and insurrection is building spaceships

What the population as a majority wants is generally what will be done, hence why I say it should be based on an average level, not on every character being 150 or what's in the best interest of Valkyrie or Insurrection.

I'm still waiting for an actual argument from you, by the way. Calling us noobs, morons, retards, etc. etc. isn't really doing much for me. If you have some actual reasoning for these skills not being OP and staying how they are, let's hear it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users