11/4 Stat Reset CANCELLED

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
78 replies to this topic

#26 Chucklet

Chucklet

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands [NL], stuck in traffic.
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir(?)

Posted 30 October 2010 - 01:44 PM

It's been reported that if you reset with your cart on, all your items will disappear. But you can simply remove then put on your cart to regain your items. HOWEVER, it's also been reported that if let's say you had 8000/8000 in your cart and you reset. The items will disappear and the cart will display at 0/8000. Then, let's say you placed a Jellopy there, making it 1/8000. If you remove + put on your cart, all your previous items will return, but that Jellopy will disappear. This could be problematic if people places some other more expensive stuff in there.

Ok so the Cart issue should be looked into, I'm scared now :).

The one time option seems a good idea, but also has it's drawbacks... It's maybe better to just give everyone the reset (AFTER making sure it poses no problems with weight limits or carts) and make sure it's always on top of the patcher in Bright Bold Big letters... But then again everyone will just be like 'take it off already!' so meh...

I'm sure they will either find a way to do this properly or do whatever they want and handle the aftermath trough the support function :D, fine by me either way (support actually worked pretty well for me lately). Or wait... They might decide not to do it and the people that come back would have to pay for their first reset... We must not let that happen, go forced reset! :D

#27 Mwrip

Mwrip

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...

Posted 30 October 2010 - 02:12 PM

SQL script:
1. Dump as much as possible into player's inventory from cart.
2. For players that have too much for that to cover it all, shove the rest in storage.
3. For players out of storage space, mail the rest.

Problem solved. :)

#28 meoryou2

meoryou2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1176 posts
  • LocationAFK in Ymir pront
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 30 October 2010 - 02:15 PM

This is complete and utter CRAP! just leave the damn NPC in the game with one reset per character.
I don't want to have to go through and take notes OF MY DAMN WORKING BUILDS. Way to go Heim, "lets see what option would piss off the most of our users.... AHA we will use that one".

#29 Thanichan

Thanichan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • LocationAway from keyboard.

Posted 30 October 2010 - 06:26 PM

But, my baby swordie is supercute and i don't wanna change it to 3rd class u_u

Oh well, you already removed the 4 extra str i used to have on it xD

I'd like to know when it will happen though.

#30 SamuelAdams

SamuelAdams

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 720 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 30 October 2010 - 10:35 PM

SQL script:
1. Dump as much as possible into player's inventory from cart.
2. For players that have too much for that to cover it all, shove the rest in storage.
3. For players out of storage space, mail the rest.

Mail isn't in valk yet... Strangely enough.
Seriously need a comment on this cart business I afraid too. ^^'
Hopefully I remember to not vend that night. Or oversleep. x.X

Edited by SamuelAdams, 30 October 2010 - 10:36 PM.

#31 Truly

Truly

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 09:03 AM

How about modify the reset npc to let us do one time free reset before having to use reset stones instead? this way everyone will be happy.

#32 ABK1986

ABK1986

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 945 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 31 October 2010 - 09:10 AM

How about modify the reset npc to let us do one time free reset before having to use reset stones instead? this way everyone will be happy.

^This^

Though I'm sure any returning members won't know what's going on anyways unless they read the forums, another reason it should not be forced, but the NPC should have his name changed to something a returning person would notice 'Stat/Skill Resetting" and then they can give an explanation of the 1 time service before you have to buy reset stones.

#33 Resplendent

Resplendent

Grand Nagus

• Members
  • 543 posts
  • LocationWashington State
  • Server:Sakray

Posted 31 October 2010 - 10:24 AM

Yeah it'd be better to just allow 1 reset per character instead of a blanket reset on everyone who may be happy with their current build.

#34 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 10:28 AM

having many resetters only confuses the issue, and we were told to only allow the free reset 1 time... and a very short duration. We are doing the omni reset as a customer service.

The cart you just need to buy the cart skill again and it is fine. Every character has 3 storages,

Inventory, cart, kafra store.

You just don't get access to the cart store without the skill.

#35 Valderath

Valderath

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 02:10 PM

having many resetters only confuses the issue, and we were told to only allow the free reset 1 time... and a very short duration. We are doing the omni reset as a customer service.

The cart you just need to buy the cart skill again and it is fine. Every character has 3 storages,

I understand that we should be allowed a limited time for resets after Renewal is set, but that isn't necessarily the issue...it's the overall weight issue. Even if the carts are supposedly fine despite the item-loss bugs mentioned in earlier posts, what about on-character inventories for characters with high strength? If someone was to suddenly go from having 120 strength down to 1, and had a decent amount of items on their person that'd go above the lower limit, what would happen?

I know a few people that have side characters used pretty much just as storage (stockpiles of starsand from the anniversary event comes to mind), and I don't know if that can be easily removed or dumped in storage without some kinda loss.

Also, how could you possibly figure out if inactive (or for that matter, active) accounts have decent amounts of items in their carts / inventories? I just think it'd be kinda crappy for potential returning players to come back, see their stats and skills removed without any chance to see if what they had worked well, and possibly also have a loss of items they had on their characters.

Personally, I'm not hit much by this, as barely any of my characters have strength, most have used Gym Passes, and I have enough storage space to deal with it if I have to. I just think that there may be a few oversights that might take a thought or two before this just gets tossed on everyone.

I doubt everybody even knows this is happening, not sure what percent of people check the forums on a regular basis. It's not like this is in bold letters as a warning for people to be ready for, to take screenshots of your builds, so on, so forth.

I just think the one-time reset NPC would do fine. There isn't that much room for abuse in a one-time reset. Heck, some people probably -want- a reset when they go third class anyway, since quite a few things can change in a build between 1st/2nd->3rd class.

Anyway, rant over. Hopefully it's as simple as you think it will be.

#36 Kmac

Kmac

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 183 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 31 October 2010 - 03:26 PM

I think that if you reset your stats and it brings you to over 90% weight limit, you just have to put stuff in storage or get more STR and it'll be fine. At least, that's how it works on private servers iirc, and there isn't much difference here(on resetting). It'll just show that you're 90% weight, even if you're over 100%. I don't think it'd just be like "Oh, well too bad you hit 100% weight, let's delete that valk armor and 300 potions of yours until you're back down to 99%".

I'm not positive, of course, but pretty sure your items should be fine..

I think this is a good idea, to reset the skills/stats of every character because it gives everyone who can't play right now the option of restarting at a later time and not having to pay to reset their characters. People complaining about how they wouldn't know what to do with their stats when they got back don't make sense to me, because I think the first thing I'd do when deciding if I wanted to play here again would be to check up on the classes I'd be playing, what skills/stat builds/gear builds would be useful now, and what just sucks.. before even paying for my account. Especially if it's in a few months, once renewal starts cooling down and people actually get into their desired builds and post about them and why they're awesometastic.

It wont affect me at all, since I've already reset all my skills/stats on all my accounts/characters, but it could have saved me the trouble/time/zeny if it was announced somewhere that there'd be a forced reset on all characters... but re-statting/skilling my mains wont be hard to do (since I've already done it quite a few times in the past couple weeks and know what I like/don't like).

I do, however, think that there should be a big bold announcement in the patcher saying HEY EVERYBODY SCREENSHOT YOUR BUILDS IF YOU LIKE THEM BECAUSE WE'RE DOING A FORCED SKILL/STAT RESET ON EVERY CHARACTER THIS NEXT MAINTENANCE! So that everyone logging in can see it, or has the chance to, because not everybody checks the forums, and not everybody's in-game if/when the GM's announce things server-wide.

#37 Mwrip

Mwrip

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...

Posted 31 October 2010 - 04:54 PM

I'm pretty sure in this case, you'll simply go over 100% weight, and not be able to do (or pick up) anything until you either re-assign your str points or dump some stuff into storage. I highly doubt it's going to randomly eat items.

#38 meoryou2

meoryou2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1176 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 08:15 PM

And changing the original mesmerist NPC for < 40 resets to do DO YOUR SINGLE FREE RESET for existing characters you are supposed to is gonna be sooo much harder to bug test huh? Nah, lets just start messing around with the DBs on a production server :) BTW, _ONE_ reset NPC, in the english language... thats not "many" even if you had _TWO_ that is still not "many"

Any one wanna take bets on maintenance going way over time, people logging in to whole bugged accounts, and maybe even a flaming datacenter in Cali from all the player rage directed at gravity?

Oh, and allow opt out from your "service", if I wanted "service" like that I would look for a suicide booth like they had in Futurama.... :)

#39 Luriel

Luriel

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 06:22 AM

I do, however, think that there should be a big bold announcement in the patcher saying HEY EVERYBODY SCREENSHOT YOUR BUILDS IF YOU LIKE THEM BECAUSE WE'RE DOING A FORCED SKILL/STAT RESET ON EVERY CHARACTER THIS NEXT MAINTENANCE! So that everyone logging in can see it, or has the chance to, because not everybody checks the forums, and not everybody's in-game if/when the GM's announce things server-wide.

I agree, we need a note in the patcher ahead of time to warn people (like, now?). Also should announce it in game every few hours 1-2 days in advance. I had no idea yall were resetting this way until I checked forums, and most RO players don't even read the official forums.

#40 Prodigy

Prodigy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1340 posts
  • LocationTX
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 01 November 2010 - 06:36 AM

Are we still going by what kRO ordered us on how to carry out Renewal? In all honesty Heim, even though they told you to only offer 1 reset for a limited time, we all already know that the iRO community hasn't quite settled in with Renewal. kRO had months upon months of testing, and they still have their test server up and running to date. This opens them for far more experimentation that we have.

In my very honest opinion, at this stage in the game, having skill/stat resets are no longer game breaking (contrary to my strong opposition against it in the past years). With that said, I think we really should rather have a free, 1-time reset via NPC for any character. Do it like what ROSE did. ROSE offers a free 1-time reset for all chars, even new chars and people were happy with that. If we need more than 1 resets, then that's where the Kafra Shop should come in. Eitherway, making a blanket skill/stat reset isn't as good as having a 1-time reset NPC.

#41 Budro

Budro

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 08:52 AM

O happy day.

#42 Chucklet

Chucklet

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands [NL], stuck in traffic.
  • Server:Ymir(?)

Posted 01 November 2010 - 11:13 AM

...and maybe even a flaming datacenter in Cali from all the player rage directed at gravity?

^Lol

But in all seriousness, thank you Heim for updating us on the cart issue. Let's just assume you can safely go over your own weight limit without losing items (like Kmac said) but, Heim if you can confirm this as well, Id feel alot safer :).
Then all is well...

Except for the people who return later on, did not screenshot anything they wanted to keep and are standing in a high end dungeon only 0,01% away from their next level, next to the MVP...
And they might want to double the staff on the support center because there are bound to be people who have no idea what's going on and are going to be like "mah firebolt only does 1 damge halp!", sounds stupid, but it will happen...

O happy day indeed.:)

#43 SamuelAdams

SamuelAdams

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 720 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 12:07 PM

We did without resets before, we can do without now right? Leveling is easier also now.
How is this any different than when the game came out and everything wasn't already figured out about it?
I'm fine with this as long as I don't loose my cart items and have to send in a ticket. ^^'

(Although I just thought of something, what if you just put in an one time npc for prenums only? Might attract more to those servers? I'm from valk btw...)

Edited by SamuelAdams, 01 November 2010 - 12:48 PM.

#44 ABK1986

ABK1986

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 945 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 12:41 PM

Except for the people who return later on, did not screenshot anything they wanted to keep and are standing in a high end dungeon only 0,01% away from their next level, next to the MVP...
And they might want to double the staff on the support center because there are bound to be people who have no idea what's going on and are going to be like "mah firebolt only does 1 damge halp!", sounds stupid, but it will happen...

O happy day indeed.:)

But then they will level up because of the new system :)

I image many returning users will need to research help getting past the warp portal password changes, so I'm assuming they'll find out about this while they try to figure that mess out ;)

#45 Tirasu

Tirasu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 559 posts
  • LocationU.K
  • Server:Chaos- ohwait

Posted 01 November 2010 - 02:28 PM

First, for people worried about carts and the reset: take off your cart? If your worried then thats a very simple solution. You will lose nothing in your cart, the same way you lose nothing when you trancend.

Second, for people wanting to have a perm 1-free-reset npc... stop smoking whatever selfish drugs you are, Seriously? They never offered reset NPCs when 2-2 classes came out, they never offered reset NPCs when trans-classes came out, so people made mistakes and such with early characters and had to remake.

You got two~three weeks with one reset a week for free and several zeny-payed resets, so you've had alot of generousity for what the reset npc was for.
And that was to fix second and trans class skill builds. It was not put in so you can test a bazillion 3rd class builds despite popular belief, if anything the only testing period for THAT kind of thing was during the yggdrasil-test server stage of renewal.

This isn't some pirated server with cheap easy resets you can use a billion times untill you have the perfect stat and skill build, and change from early-leveling to late-leveling to PvP build. The fact there fixing the cost of neurals and making it easier and cheaper to stat reset through kafra points is enough. And I wouldn't blame the iRO team if they don't even bother fighting the subject with kRO because I believe it will do nothing to help the server.

#46 Mosu

Mosu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1115 posts
  • LocationMinnesota/Virginia

Posted 01 November 2010 - 03:20 PM

D: I want my 99 INT on my baby character T__T

#47 SamuelAdams

SamuelAdams

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 720 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 04:27 PM

First, for people worried about carts and the reset: take off your cart? If your worried then thats a very simple solution. You will lose nothing in your cart, the same way you lose nothing when you trancend.

Second, for people wanting to have a perm 1-free-reset npc... stop smoking whatever selfish drugs you are, Seriously? They never offered reset NPCs when 2-2 classes came out, they never offered reset NPCs when trans-classes came out, so people made mistakes and such with early characters and had to remake.

1) What if I forget and still vend the night before. >_< And what about those who don't watch forums frequently? And I emptied out my cart before I took it off so I wouldn't know about the transcend bit.

2) My idea about putting the one time reseter in prenums only would be good for them as a company I would think. To me, adding "One free stat/skill reset per character" on the comparison chart of valk vs prenums would be a deal maker to a person deciding what server they are on. "Reset:Once per character free|Money Items Reset Stones $X for levels etc.|" Valk, I don't think should, not having any commitments every month. More people paying every month means more money for them. Plus if the people who play prenums have money to pay every month they will have the money to pay a bit extra if they want to change their build a few times. Also, as a added bonus, would make them a bit more popular with the prenum croud.

I'm quite sure that they are bound under a contract or something that they cannot put in any npc anyway. Given how stats don't seem to be as extreme as they used to, I wouldn't think it would be too game breaking however.
But you are right. People want something for nothing. xD

#48 meoryou2

meoryou2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1176 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 05:06 PM

You got two~three weeks with one reset a week for free and several zeny-payed resets, so you've had alot of generousity for what the reset npc was for.
And that was to fix second and trans class skill builds. It was not put in so you can test a bazillion 3rd class builds despite popular belief, if anything the only testing period for THAT kind of thing was during the yggdrasil-test server stage of renewal.

This isn't some pirated server with cheap easy resets you can use a billion times untill you have the perfect stat and skill build, and change from early-leveling to late-leveling to PvP build. The fact there fixing the cost of neurals and making it easier and cheaper to stat reset through kafra points is enough. And I wouldn't blame the iRO team if they don't even bother fighting the subject with kRO because I believe it will do nothing to help the server.

Are you retarded? They had reset NPCs in niff for the trans patch. Not to mention the "hypnotist" with the yoyo in geffen for a few weeks that for something like 5 of each herb would reset your skills. Not to mention the crap you blathered at the end makes no sense at all. The 150's will just do what you are worried about anyways, in fact the only ones who DON'T get shafted by this are the higher level characters that may be low on zeny from resets / gear upgrades or whatever and couldn't afford a reset again.

It's not that difficult to implement a NPC that won't let you reset if you are over say 115 - since you should easily know by then if you have a viable leveling / PvP / MvP build by then. There, problem solved, didn't even have to mess around with database tables on a live production server with ZERO idea if it will all work out.... gee greedy of me to not want my years of hard work flushed down the drain because someone fat fingered a table flush command:rolleyes:

#49 Ashli

Ashli

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 05:27 PM

... I better dump all my stuff from my cart into inventory, then. Considering I can't tell from all of this if the contents of one's cart is safe or not.

#50 XIII_Eraser

XIII_Eraser

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1448 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 01 November 2010 - 06:28 PM

wow this sucks so bad i just reset all my characters yesterday spent a whole lot of money then this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users