Gender Change Issue - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Gender Change Issue

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Weursh

Weursh

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:38 PM

Really?

I created two game accounts to see if there is still issue 'bout the gender so I picked 1 male and 1 female but what happen is both account got female.

Submitted a ticket and they replied a link which leads you to your WarpPortal's Account Value Added Service, then they'll send you a serial no. in your email + 2000 WP just to change the gender.

It doesn't make sense choosing your preferred gender when creating new game account and still end up as female one.

:pif:  :pif:  :pif:

Edited by Weursh, 13 November 2013 - 03:21 AM.

#2 Weursh

Weursh

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 12:57 AM

Up!!!

#3 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 15 November 2013 - 01:32 AM

PM Oda or Campitor with your ticket number.

#4 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 10:14 AM

Where did you create the account?

#5 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 11:34 AM

I have talked to the GM team they should be doing the gender change for free.

#6 Alanthier

Alanthier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1432 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 17 April 2014 - 09:04 PM

Well at least he didnt have to pay for the gender change.  I just did one for one of my accounts, and they took my money, but no gender change.  way to go Gravity

#7 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 17 April 2014 - 10:57 PM

Well at least he didnt have to pay for the gender change.  I just did one for one of my accounts, and they took my money, but no gender change.  way to go Gravity

Did you buy the Gender Change VAS?

They'll take your money when you buy it, then action it later (between 3 days ~ 2 weeks later). As a GM needs to tinker your account manually, it's not instantaneous. If there are any problems, such as outstanding marriages or >0 weight on performer classes, they'll advise you and you'll have to resolve those yourself before the service can take place.

Should your account be active (logged in) when they attempt to change it, they'll reschedule for a later time (could be much later), so it's best to advise them of EXACTLY what times you'll be on/offline so they can work around you.

Or you could tell them to just boot you and that you don't mind. Works either way.

P.S. Way to necro, Mr. Spartan.

Edited by AlmrOfAtlas, 17 April 2014 - 10:58 PM.

#8 Alanthier

Alanthier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1432 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 05:10 AM

Did you buy the Gender Change VAS?

They'll take your money when you buy it, then action it later (between 3 days ~ 2 weeks later). As a GM needs to tinker your account manually, it's not instantaneous. If there are any problems, such as outstanding marriages or >0 weight on performer classes, they'll advise you and you'll have to resolve those yourself before the service can take place.

Should your account be active (logged in) when they attempt to change it, they'll reschedule for a later time (could be much later), so it's best to advise them of EXACTLY what times you'll be on/offline so they can work around you.

Or you could tell them to just boot you and that you don't mind. Works either way.

P.S. Way to necro, Mr. Spartan.

Says that the weight doesn't need to be zero in their instructions for Gender Change but w/e.  That's a literal waste of my VIP time then if it takes that long in my opinion.

#9 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 05:26 AM

Says that the weight doesn't need to be zero in their instructions for Gender Change but w/e.  That's a literal waste of my VIP time then if it takes that long in my opinion.

Members of the Performer tree need to have 0 weight due to their being gender-specific class options. Dancers and Bards are completely different classes code-wise, and Male Dancers/Female Bards do not exist.

They actually need to delete the character pre-VAS, then recreate it post-VAS and bring it up to level. That's why it needs to be 0 weight. The GMs don't want to be responsible for the unintended loss of gear/zeny.

BE EXTREMELY CAREFUL THOUGH. Last time I asked for a Gender VAS on one of my accounts with a Maestro, I got a Wanderer out of it that hadn't transcended, even though my Maestro had been through Rebirth>High Novvie>High Archer>Minstrel. Consequently, it didn't have access to MC or Tarot, and I was required to submit another ticket just to get that fixed.

And it still hasn't been fixed. I should really dig up that ticket.

Edited by AlmrOfAtlas, 18 April 2014 - 05:55 AM.

#10 Alanthier

Alanthier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1432 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 05:59 AM

Members of the Performer tree need to have 0 weight due to their being gender-specific class options. Dancers and Bards are completely different classes code-wise, and Male Dancers/Female Bards do not exist.

They actually need to delete the character pre-VAS, then recreate it post-VAS and bring it up to level. That's why it needs to be 0 weight. The GMs don't want to be responsible for the unintended loss of gear/zeny.

BE EXTREMELY CAREFUL THOUGH. Last time I asked for a Gender VAS on one of my accounts with a Maestro, I got a Wanderer out of it that hadn't transcended, even though my Maestro had been through Rebirth>High Novvie>High Archer>Minstrel. Consequently, it didn't have access to MC or Tarot, and I was required to submit another ticket just to get that fixed.

And it still hasn't been fixed. I should really dig up that ticket.

Don't have a performer class though...not on that account so it shouldn't make a difference...

#11 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 06:04 AM

Don't have a performer class though...not on that account so it shouldn't make a difference...

Yeah I know. I'm just complaining.

You'll have to wait for a GM to action that VAS. If you're really impatient, try poking Oda or Campitor.

#12 Alanthier

Alanthier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1432 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 06:07 AM

Yeah I know. I'm just complaining.

You'll have to wait for a GM to action that VAS. If you're really impatient, try poking Oda or Campitor.

Of Course I'm impatient because if I have to wait anywhere near as long as you say I would for it to change, that's a waste of MY VIP time because I can't log until someone decides to actually do something, therefore it will piss me off OH so much...and I've already messaged Oda about it...

#13 Alanthier

Alanthier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1432 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 06:08 AM

and I didn't even get an automated mail saying that my ticket that I sent in, was sent in but the ticket shows...so something isn't working right(as usual)

#14 Alanthier

Alanthier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1432 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 07:25 AM

oh NOW I get a reply -_-

#15 Campitor

Campitor