• Please log in to reply
578 replies to this topic

#551 MoonJoo

MoonJoo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 07:14 PM

Since nobody kills BIO 5 MVPs and the population is getting really low, I will be showing you some guide on how to kill them without any sweat at all.

What you will need: Sura w/ MS to Tank, Geneticist (preferred w/ ME5)

Steps:

1. If you don't have GTB, you will have to kill at least the ghost property mob (HW/Celia) using cart cannon.

2. Have your sura tank the MVP.

3. Use any skills (Cart Cannon/AB) to trigger MVP's max pain.

4. Wait until Max Pain duration ends (10 seconds).

5. Now, you have 20 second window to kill the MVP before it uses another max pain.

6. MVP dead.

Have fun you all

Spoiler

Edited by MoonJoo, 08 December 2018 - 07:17 PM.

#552 Fuuton

Fuuton

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2230 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 05 January 2019 - 07:57 AM

ahhh nice, my suspicion about that window was more accurate than i thought O_O

we came across the bio5 sniper last night and it was exactly as you described: you have about 20 seconds to fire on it every 30 seconds before it uses max pain again. if you understand these rules though, the mvp is surprisingly easy to kill!

my only question to you is, if i am attempting to dualbox solo these mvps and i know i have to alt-tab back to my sura every 10-20 seconds to heal, which shoe do you think would be better to use on the sura (i am in heavy debate about this lol)? green cenere carded vit temps or muscle fool vit temps?

the green cenere temps hold up well against the bio3/4, but i have yet to sample tanking a 5 myself.

#553 MoonJoo

MoonJoo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 05 January 2019 - 09:34 AM

I would prefer to use any muscle fool temporal vit boots or any temporal vit boots and use ring of resonance as it still automatically casts assumptio and heal on your tank

#554 Fuuton

Fuuton

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2230 posts

Posted 05 January 2019 - 11:46 AM

I would prefer to use any muscle fool temporal vit boots or any temporal vit boots and use ring of resonance as it still automatically casts assumptio and heal on your tank

ok this leads me to another question. bio3 and bio4 mvps are split up with their associated slave mobs. in example: whichever bio4 mvp spawns, it only spawns bio4 monsters. are the bio5 mvp's setup the same way? like say you spawn the ranger, whose 2nd class form is a sniper, whose mvp form would only spawn sinx/LK/HP/KK/mastersmith. can i assume that if i spawn the ranger, that her mob will be GX/RK/AB/Warlock/Mechanic?

my reason for asking something this in depth is because of dispell. bio3 mvp's dont dispell but bio4 mobs do, so i would assume that any 3rd class bio4 mvp would also dispell, in which case i'd be using GTB on the tank which would make RoR's heal and assumptio not work.

and then back to the original question lmao.

#555 yauhoilun

yauhoilun

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 05 January 2019 - 01:33 PM

ok this leads me to another question. bio3 and bio4 mvps are split up with their associated slave mobs. in example: whichever bio4 mvp spawns, it only spawns bio4 monsters. are the bio5 mvp's setup the same way? like say you spawn the ranger, whose 2nd class form is a sniper, whose mvp form would only spawn sinx/LK/HP/KK/mastersmith. can i assume that if i spawn the ranger, that her mob will be GX/RK/AB/Warlock/Mechanic?

my reason for asking something this in depth is because of dispell. bio3 mvp's dont dispell but bio4 mobs do, so i would assume that any 3rd class bio4 mvp would also dispell, in which case i'd be using GTB on the tank which would make RoR's heal and assumptio not work.

and then back to the original question lmao.

Fuuton post some bio5 mvp videos with sura/gene combo please :D

#556 aznspikey

aznspikey

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1638 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 05 January 2019 - 03:32 PM

Yes BIO5 mvps summon 3rd class slaves to their bio3/4 counterparts. I would suggest getting 2 gemini cards in the headgear to prevent u from sleep and stone curse. GTB doesn't block those skills. Personally, I would only kill RG/RK/Mech for the crystal and Gene/GX for the cards. I dont really wanna spend supplies killing the others especially the AB.

#557 Fuuton

Fuuton

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2230 posts

Posted 05 January 2019 - 04:32 PM

thanks for the pointers spikey. i havent ran into that problem yet but i've only come across the RK in solo mode so far. i only have one gtb so i had to default it on the tank. got hit by SG once and frozen lol, died 3-4 times on gen due to pain. RK is a bit tricky. he seems to bend the rules a bit compared to the ranger me & rui fought last night.

and yauh i did actually make a replay of it since it was my first time getting the chance to setup the dualbox properly. let me get around to messing w/ OBS after i eat and i'll make the vid shortly after.

#558 Beanbean

Beanbean

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 819 posts
  • Server:Valk / Ygg

Posted 05 January 2019 - 05:00 PM

I prefer lian shoes w/ green cenere, the extra 5% neutral is really nice since I wear deviant etrans + immune shield of royal guard (+immune shadow set and typically ill use palace guard too)

#559 Fuuton

Fuuton

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2230 posts

Posted 05 January 2019 - 05:25 PM

I prefer lian shoes w/ green cenere, the extra 5% neutral is really nice since I wear deviant etrans + immune shield of royal guard (+immune shadow set and typically ill use palace guard too)

i was actually thinking about that too bean. 5% helps at higher levels for sure.

@yauh, here's the vid. noob vid maker, noob bio5 fighter. enjoy my failings -> success :P

around the 3:20 mark i walked off screen to make sure i could MS with the sura. it was surprisingly easy to do so. next time i'll make a vid from the sura's side of it.

Edited by Fuuton, 05 January 2019 - 05:30 PM.

#560 MoonJoo

MoonJoo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 05 January 2019 - 07:40 PM

Clutch game RK MVP w/ EQ on. Got Amon Ra card after this encounter :-/

Have fun!

Edited by MoonJoo, 05 January 2019 - 07:46 PM.

#561 yauhoilun

yauhoilun

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 06 January 2019 - 01:35 PM

i was actually thinking about that too bean. 5% helps at higher levels for sure.

@yauh, here's the vid. noob vid maker, noob bio5 fighter. enjoy my failings -> success :P

around the 3:20 mark i walked off screen to make sure i could MS with the sura. it was surprisingly easy to do so. next time i'll make a vid from the sura's side of it.

very nice video dude :rice:

#562 aznspikey

aznspikey

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1638 posts

Posted 06 January 2019 - 10:59 PM

Got RG MVP. Used safety wall to block max pain. credit to zayaan for the tip. Still died like a noob once tho.

#563 Zayaan

Zayaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1800 posts

Posted 07 January 2019 - 06:41 AM

You guys and your Bio5 MVPs. I can barely get one to spawn running it on a good amount of characters.

#564 Leonchascon

Leonchascon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 22 January 2019 - 09:09 PM

A nice single life farming bio5 the drops were meh but I was just testing excelion shield, the added survivability from the shield is really nice 

Edited by Leonchascon, 22 January 2019 - 09:10 PM.

#565 Leonchascon

Leonchascon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 07:49 AM

ET 51-100 Run, took too long to convert last night (50GB fraps video lul) using excelion shield forces me to keep the int food up for insta cast, the mistake on floor 98 was almost too painful but managed to get out of it without dying over and over

#566 Akupuff

Akupuff

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2790 posts
  • Twitter:@akupuff
  • LocationMexico

Posted 11 February 2019 - 08:00 AM

ET 51-100 Run, took too long to convert last night (50GB fraps video lul) using excelion shield forces me to keep the int food up for insta cast, the mistake on floor 98 was almost too painful but managed to get out of it without dying over and over

Cool stuff X3 Got 2 main questions:

- Why use Excelion Shield? :v

- Normal Fly Beelzebub drops the same loot? I thought only True Beelzebub did.

#567 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 11 February 2019 - 08:15 AM

- Gives a ton of atk/matk, some hp too.

- Both forms have the same drops, Fly Form used to not have exp but that was changed(reduced exp from true form still). As well as not give the MVP rewards(drops/exp)

#568 Akupuff

Akupuff

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2790 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 11 February 2019 - 08:20 AM

- Did it always had that effect? I remember it being not so good before I left last year

- Oh :v Poor Beelzebub. Now people don't need to see his true handsome self

#569 Leonchascon

Leonchascon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 08:34 AM

Cool stuff X3 Got 2 main questions:

- Why use Excelion Shield? :v

- Normal Fly Beelzebub drops the same loot? I thought only True Beelzebub did.

Like Ashuckel said because of the extra  atk/matk, I was just testing it out, it doesnt change much on the ET run, it just makes some floors more consistent

Yes it drops the same

- Did it always had that effect? I remember it being not so good before I left last year

- Oh :v Poor Beelzebub. Now people don't need to see his true handsome self

The nerf was reverted to the original effect that grants 5% max hp/SP and an additional +5% if you are over lvl 130 and +30 atk/matk per 3 refines 

Been killing beelzebub on his first form even before T.Ring used to run that floor with bear power boots since the bear form has (little to) no delay for CC while being hit making it useful for a quick kill

Havent been playing other than leveling & janeway lately too busy irl =/ want to make better ET runs

Edited by Leonchascon, 11 February 2019 - 08:40 AM.

#570 Akupuff

Akupuff

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2790 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 11 February 2019 - 08:56 AM

The nerf was reverted to the original effect that grants 5% max hp/SP and an additional +5% if you are over lvl 130 and +30 atk/matk per 3 refines 

Been killing beelzebub on his first form even before T.Ring used to run that floor with bear power boots since the bear form has (little to) no delay for CC while being hit making it useful for a quick kill

Havent been playing other than leveling & janeway lately too busy irl =/ want to make better ET runs

:v Welp, should have bought it back when, then XD

BP on Beelzebub is fun, yes XD Bear grunts and flies buzz.

Wonder if there's an ET speedrun leaderboard :v Maybe we should make categories and such.

#571 Leonchascon

Leonchascon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 27 February 2019 - 09:05 PM

Ifrit test with phoenix muffler, sadly Im kinda disappointed in the genetic field, probably will be a lot better with Rebel and other classes 

Probably in my case with my super defensive stuff (2KBC) probably could be fine with using a Deviling on the Phoenix Muffler, but for now I dont have any intention to decard it nor have the money to get another deviling, Rebel could use another cards tho...

Edited by Leonchascon, 27 February 2019 - 09:06 PM.

#572 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 28 February 2019 - 02:36 AM

a simple fire armor+deviling is much more effective than that

#573 Leonchascon

Leonchascon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 19 March 2019 - 06:59 AM

Ironically having adamantine enchant helps a lot with speeding things up on later tower levels I wonder if i can get it to sub 20 

#574 Akupuff

Akupuff

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2790 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 19 March 2019 - 09:20 AM

Ironically having adamantine enchant helps a lot with speeding things up on later tower levels I wonder if i can get it to sub 20 

If you YOLO without picking stuff you can shave some minutes easily. Also GTB for KK and Ifrit. A perfect Ifrit can save some good seconds. With good luck, even Maya Reflector can help :v Couldn't really see how much time was lost due to flinching, but Endure from Flattery Robe/Anodyne/Painkiller could smooth out the gathering of the mobs. On a related note, a DEX Flat robe can help help with damage even more if you're about the minmaxing. 

Also that Chonchon card XD

#575 aznspikey

aznspikey

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1638 posts

Posted 23 March 2019 - 10:00 PM

Recorded this in December 2018, not that long ago.  Haven't played since after they took out x-mas event. Average time it takes me to run ET is 45 mins. Maybe with all of them new and more OP gears, I can do it in 30? mins   :heh:  :heh:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users