squinty

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 567 posts
  • LocationHQ
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 30 October 2010 - 08:11 AM

How can anyone make him so damn hard?!
and on top of that, the rocks that fall from the sky hurt over 80% of your life?

What the hell, seriously. =/

(After calming down...)

I really suggest you make it a bit easier. This is really crazy!
You can't expect people to be there for over 30 minutes and sometimes (like my luck) when i am close to killing him the server kicks me out! This is truly unfair!

#2 grenadier42

grenadier42

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 193 posts
  • LocationCRAAAAWLING IIIIIIIIN MY SKIIIIIIIN
  • Server:yourmom

Posted 30 October 2010 - 08:27 AM

Uh, you wouldn't be trying to solo him, would you? He's really not that bad at all, seeing as his attacks are all telegraphed. Just... lrn2dodge?

Try to find higher level people to help you.

#3 Andore

Andore

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 08:55 AM

Uh, you wouldn't be trying to solo him, would you? He's really not that bad at all, seeing as his attacks are all telegraphed. Just... lrn2dodge?

Try to find higher level people to help you.

I agree although lavalon is predicable...his a requirement to change classes...it should be unconditional...whats the point if you have to bother someone else for a job change. Leave party quests and other optional quests for party reconsiderations...

#4 Krimzon26

Krimzon26

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 10:47 AM

I agree. I died about 4 times on my Harlequin from his new uber power 1-hit-KO super firebreath lol. Even if it is predictable, fighting for 10 minutes straight takes a toll on you

#5 squinty

squinty

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 567 posts
  • LocationHQ

Posted 30 October 2010 - 12:00 PM

I was in a party. You need to be over level 45 to think he is easy.

I used to be able to solo him but not... impossible seeing how he is stronger.

#6 Diatus

Diatus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • LocationOrting, WA

Posted 30 October 2010 - 07:14 PM

I was in a party. You need to be over level 45 to think he is easy.

I used to be able to solo him but not... impossible seeing how he is stronger.

It's possible. Very possible, in fact. Even at level 40 to do job change.

Anyways, his HP right now is just un-neededly high. I can agree to that much. Half it at most. :\

#7 Hawly

Hawly

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 784 posts
  • LocationSaint Mary - RS, Brazil

Posted 30 October 2010 - 07:16 PM

How much HP does he have?

#8 Killionair

Killionair

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 30 October 2010 - 07:22 PM

its like 1,400,000 or something idk

#9 MeloMew

MeloMew

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 339 posts
  • LocationDemonweb Pits

Posted 30 October 2010 - 07:22 PM

How much HP does he have?

1.4m Hp 1,400,000hp

Edit : Not to mention that the Orbs for the cannon hardly drop.

Edited by MeloMew, 30 October 2010 - 07:23 PM.

#10 Hawly

Hawly

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 784 posts
  • LocationSaint Mary - RS, Brazil

Posted 30 October 2010 - 07:28 PM

Oh, hm.
That makes Lavalon quite interesting now. It was so boring when he had 200k.

#11 Thuy

Thuy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 657 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 30 October 2010 - 07:57 PM

1.4 million isn't much compare to the lavalon thqice had back in october 2009, it had 2.8million back then. Thqice just spoiled you guys late 2009 and 2010. I also recall dying about 3-4 times trying my job change but there wasn't any QQ it was more of a "LOL i died so fast." Just man up and fight him because the boss will just continue to get stronger.

#12 Diatus

Diatus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • LocationOrting, WA

Posted 30 October 2010 - 08:20 PM

1.4 million isn't much compare to the lavalon thqice had back in october 2009, it had 2.8million back then. Thqice just spoiled you guys late 2009 and 2010. I also recall dying about 3-4 times trying my job change but there wasn't any QQ it was more of a "LOL i died so fast." Just man up and fight him because the boss will just continue to get stronger.

I very well much remember the 2.8m HP Lavalon in the first couple of months of THQ*ICE. Even then it was easy as pie, just long as a roast. ):

Even still, for such an easy and predictable fight, the HP is over-kill.

#13 squinty

squinty

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 567 posts
  • LocationHQ

Posted 31 October 2010 - 02:21 AM

I remember I used to be able to hurt him more than 5% each time! :)

His predictable attacks are not the problem. Its the falling rocks that don't give you time to dodge. Not sure if it is the same for all, but I see the rock spot and in less than a second it falls... So much for dodging.. xD

#14 Taomang

Taomang

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 522 posts
  • LocationInfinity and Beyond
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 November 2010 - 11:40 PM

He used to have 2 million. I am actually glad he is this challenging since the game is way too easy.

Here are some tips:
- dont solo
- find a priest for reviving
- you can buy crow feathers on the market. You can find them cheap.
- his attack pattern is predictable and attacks easy to manually dodge

The game became more social so getting a party for any MM is quite recommended.

#15 Meecro

Meecro

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 08:30 AM

He used to have 2 million. I am actually glad he is this challenging since the game is way too easy.

Here are some tips:
- dont solo

The problem isn't that he is difficult to kill because he isn't. The problem is that he takes way too long to kill. I recently got my job change on my priest and went to kill him with my buddy who also just hit 40. Not only can we barely take down maybe 5% of his hp each down we use a mana bullet, the bullets hardly ever drop! So after maybe 20 or so minutes still trying to kill him, my friend lags out and we have to start all over again. Seeing as how lavalon is required to job change I see no reason why they cannot lower his hp at least a little bit. Perhaps just shy of 1mil. Again it's not the difficulty, it is the fact that he's so damn time consuming.

Edited by Meecro, 02 November 2010 - 08:31 AM.

#16 Faithx

Faithx

Guide Guru

• Members
  • 1041 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 02 November 2010 - 08:46 AM

Here are some tips:
- dont solo

LOL i was bored one day and decided to help a party of lvl 40 people job change (so basically 3 lvl 40s and me :()
Still took a while because I had to revive each person at least once (this one guy died like 3 times) LOL

but anyhow, about the mana bullets...they drop pretty often...for LOW levels. And lesson of the day, do NOT let people who don't know how to use mana bullets pick it up *facepalm* lol

#17 squinty

squinty

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 567 posts
  • LocationHQ

Posted 02 November 2010 - 08:47 AM

Time consuming and working to hard for one boss (who is not the last boss) is just plain stupid if you ask me.

It would be better if they decrease his HP from 1.8 million to at least 1 million or 800k.

#18 Tundra

Tundra

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 278 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 09:01 AM

Considering it's very easy to get to level 40, the 3rd job should provide a challenge. On top of that, it shouldn't be all that hard to find two people to accompany you. You can safely sit back and occasionally attack while they do all the work. People normally don't mind, since half the time they'd go in with or without you just to mess with the big guy for his oodles of yummy goodies.

#19 Moolay

Moolay

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 10:15 PM

I remember doing Lavalon the first week...with lvl 35 weapons on 2nd job...Man that took ages the first time I did it. Lvl 40 bm, 42 priest and 42 hunter...

#20 Moolay

Moolay

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 10:15 PM

I remember doing Lavalon the first week...with lvl 35 weapons on 2nd job...Man that took ages the first time I did it. Lvl 40 bm, 42 priest and 42 hunter...

#21 Mvffin

Mvffin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 03 November 2010 - 11:09 AM

I like how they raised the HP and Damage of Lavalong and Aram bosses, and at the same time made the reward weapons weaker. It's almost like they don't want people to buy the recipes from the cash shop.

#22 RAZ1EL

RAZ1EL

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 07:48 AM

i wood solo him to but i cant it keeps telling me that i need a mana belt to charge the canon wtf?
were can u get this ,,mana belt,, ??

#23 Misuu

Misuu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 08:03 AM

i wood solo him to but i cant it keeps telling me that i need a mana belt to charge the canon wtf?
were can u get this ,,mana belt,, ??

lol. Its mana bullets not mana belt. They drop from the monsters that are fighting u with lavalon.

#24 RAZ1EL

RAZ1EL

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 11:00 AM

k ill go and try it 1 more time and if it say it agein ill make a pic

#25 RAZ1EL

RAZ1EL

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts