Damage tranfers possible with sword dance? - Warrior Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Damage tranfers possible with sword dance?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 cloudlado

cloudlado

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 02:11 PM

Was curious if this is possible with the warrior class skill *sword dance. Since it speed has been nerf.  For those who didnt know what damage is or haven't heard its a mutiplyer to any skill power percentage influcence by another higher skill power, but only if the second skill hits before the first skills on the same target cuasing massive damage spikes. ( this can only be done with 2 skills) i.e sword dance>incoming bear-thus giving sword dance a higher fixed damage boost.  Please comment and discuss.(sorry for bad english. hue) An example shown from Dragon nest NA -http://www.youtube.c...h?v=LSmHDZxvZuY

Edited by cloudlado, 19 November 2013 - 02:19 PM.

#2 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 19 November 2013 - 02:31 PM

It's speed wasn't nerfed. They just removed it's ability to due insta damage thanks to animation canceling. Which was long overdue.

#3 cloudlado

cloudlado

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 02:35 PM

Incoming bear is instant cast while sword dance takes 0.40 millisecond to cast. So damage transfers is still possible(wikipedia ftw)

Edited by cloudlado, 19 November 2013 - 02:36 PM.

#4 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:revreS

Posted 19 November 2013 - 05:20 PM

Incoming bear is instant cast while sword dance takes 0.40 millisecond to cast. So damage transfers is still possible(wikipedia ftw)

Incoming and I'm gone bear's damages are iffy however. It does the actual damage immediately, but the flinch/launching animations as well as the numbers of the damage are delayed slightly. This slight delay being anywhere between 0.5-1 seconds approximately.

Sword dance's speed has not been nerfed. It's animation canceling was nerfed and the projectile thrown itself must hit in order to knock-down your opponent. Think of it as a skill like rocket-punch where you can now manually dodge it and avoid damage all together. It's a low damaging skill pre or post nerf and the knockdown/flinch that had it lead to so many easy catches and combos due to it's animation being canceled was the main problem with it. Besides it's a 1st job skill which hits level 5/5 fairly early (pre-level 20) so naturally it won't hit fairly high compared to your attack power.

Now 5/5 and 10/10 do still give the slight range bonus however now that it's animation cancel was, I'd say nerfed as canceling the animation now makes the hit null and no flinches/knockdowns will occur, this is no longer a recommendation from some warrior experts. If it's the absolute necessity for opening a combo and catching it'll now take much more skill to use as compared to pre-nerf.

It's speed is still unchanged however.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users