Newsletter Advertisement - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Newsletter Advertisement

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
65 replies to this topic

#1 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge

Posted 30 October 2010 - 08:46 AM

So, the newsletter sent tells us that the official launch will contain Paris Strikes Back Part 1, and under the Part 1 list of updates, is level 70 cap and 4th job promotion, neither of which we have. Can we get our updates as advertised?

Posted Image Welcome! Posted Image Warpportal.com is proud to announce Dragon Saga (Formally known as Dragonica) as its newest addition to Free-to-Play games. Dragon Saga is a fast-paced fantasy-action MMO whose unique 3D side-scrolling perspective brings a new level of strategy to the genre.

The second testing phase for Dragon Saga is set to begin October 25th and end October 27th with commercial launch to follow. Commercial launch will include an all new update Paris Strikes Back Part 1.

Download the Client Directly Or try the BitTorrent

Returning Players Posted Image Former players of Dragonica(now Dragon Saga) will find their accounts just the way they remember them, with heroes ready for battle. Only step left is to create Warpportal.com Master Account and bind your former account to it by following instructions in the links below:

For former players who opt-ed out of the transfer process, not to worry there is still time, please contact the support team here: SUPPORT TICKET

Click Submit a ticket and select Dragonica support. For the title of the email " OPT OUT reinstatement" and include your Warpportal name and your Dragonica account name.

Paris Strikes Back Part 1 Update: Posted Image Paris, a former great hero of the Second Dragon War has stolen the power of the Iron Spirit Gordon from the great dragon Elga, granting her great power. A sinister force spreads through the lands once more, corrupting its adorable creatures and turning them against the inhabitants of the realm.

Now, as heroes take up arms throughout the lands of Dragon Saga, the Enchantress Paris sees her iron grip weakening and rises for a battle to end all battles. Brave warriors struggle to gain transcendental powers as the very First of their Classes, but will that be enough to stop Paris when she strikes back?
The Expansion will include:

• Increased level cap to 70.
  • 4th level jobs
  • Customizable Macros
  • And more!
So, who else is libra grinding and not spending cash because we still have nothing to do for the past year?

Edited by Yurai, 30 October 2010 - 08:50 AM.

#2 Calanor

Calanor

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 2474 posts
  • LocationBetween 2 Rainbows
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 30 October 2010 - 08:51 AM

Barunson changed some stuff last minute and we had already started sending out the Newsletter. I know its confusing, but all of the PSB stuff is scheduled to be here over the next few weeks and should all be updated by the end of the year.

#3 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 08:57 AM

So in the end, we got completely shafted with this "update". We lost most of the high level content (van cliff), as well as hidden maps. In addition, we cannot farm rare boss drops anymore. To add on to that, our soulcraft rates were lowered severely. Basically, we ended up with less content that this patch was supposed to provide. The only new thing we obtained was F6 mission maps, and that's certainly not worth all the content that we lost.

Edited by Yurai, 30 October 2010 - 08:58 AM.

#4 AppleEater

AppleEater

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1020 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 08:59 AM

So in the end, we got completely shafted with this "update". We lost most of the high level content (van cliff), as well as hidden maps. In addition, we cannot farm rare boss drops anymore. To add on to that, our soulcraft rates were lowered severely. Basically, we ended up with less content that this patch was supposed to provide. The only new thing we obtained was F6 mission maps, and that's certainly not worth all the content that we lost.

Yes Yes *RageFace* :D :)

#5 Calanor

Calanor

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 2474 posts
  • LocationBetween 2 Rainbows
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 30 October 2010 - 09:02 AM

If you want to put it that way you can feel shafted. The updates will come quickly, so hopefully you don't focus on just the negative and realize that the rest of the game is there and you can play now.

#6 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 09:03 AM

If you want to put it that way you can feel shafted. The updates will come quickly, so hopefully you don't focus on just the negative and realize that the rest of the game is there and you can play now.

I would hardly call sitting afk in town all day "playing".

Edited by Yurai, 30 October 2010 - 09:03 AM.

#7 Meganekko

Meganekko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 924 posts
  • Location305

Im so glad we were promised things that people should have never promised. I didn't expect TOO much though seeing as how we were promised to be back into our THQ accounts by end of Sept and even that didn't happen till almost a month later.

#8 Hawly

Hawly

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 784 posts
  • LocationSaint Mary - RS, Brazil

Well, I have to agree with Yurai. I'm really dissapointed ):

#9 Meganekko

Meganekko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 924 posts
  • Location305

Posted 30 October 2010 - 09:06 AM

Look on the bright si.. oh there is none :)

#10 Nodke

Nodke

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 98 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 30 October 2010 - 09:07 AM

Yes Yes *RageFace* :D :)

```
bright side all the items Hookah hat alivad picnic hat Vegas(Akazi) hat vegabond shoes prices will sky rocket so happy time being rich from old stuff
Bad side allthough items like the Lighting sword from night lord will go excitnct or kungkas shield apart from backpacks no longer droping in MM and not given in quest either we got nerfed Bad

#11 Darel

Darel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 09:08 AM

So why didn't I receive this newsletter? :)

Anyway:

This is a fight you'll never win and is totally useless, just keep the good work :D

#12 Taomang

Taomang

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 522 posts
  • LocationInfinity and Beyond
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 30 October 2010 - 09:08 AM

Hi my name is Taomang, and i am a LVL 65 Patch Waiter. Yes, i capped waiting as well.

I suggest a new name for this game: Waitonica or Waiting Saga. ITS A BLAST - EVERYONE CAN PLAY.

I understand it's not WP's fault but Barunson could at least give us the cap and Van Cliff. Im really happy that people who registered yesterday are super excited about the new content, but i have to be honest and say that i feel completely ignored and neglected, since as Yurai said we have absolutely nothing to do for almost a year now. Even farming things is a different now and nothing in the current state of the game is in our level range (even the dailies are like 10-15 lvls lower). It's frustrating to say the least.

#13 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 09:11 AM

Hi my name is Taomang, and i am a LVL 65 Patch Waiter. Yes, i capped waiting as well.

I suggest a new name for this game: Waitonica or Waiting Saga. ITS A BLAST - EVERYONE CAN PLAY.

I understand it's not WP's fault but Barunson could at least give us the cap and Van Cliff. Im really happy that people who registered yesterday are super excited about the new content, but i have to be honest and say that i feel completely ignored and neglected, since as Yurai said we have absolutely nothing to do for almost a year now. Even farming things is a different now and nothing in the current state of the game is in our level range (even the dailies are like 10-15 lvls lower). It's frustrating to say the least.

Should add on the set pieces for level 61/67 as well, seeing how new weapons are already out. I would like to get to 70 while getting my set pieces, so that none of my time is wasted. I do agree with your perspective, though.

#14 Hawly

Hawly

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 784 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 09:14 AM

Didn't Gravity buy Barunson?

#15 Nodke

Nodke

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 98 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 30 October 2010 - 09:14 AM

Another thing sets no longer drop from MM now its Gada and yes its easy to get gada coins but at higher lvl getting 5-7 coins per item is to much

#16 Taomang

Taomang

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 09:42 AM

Another thing sets no longer drop from MM now its Gada and yes its easy to get gada coins but at higher lvl getting 5-7 coins per item is to much

yeah but haha thats not the issue of this topic. we arent trying to say what particular things in the new patch we dont like, its that most of us already know what we are missing out since June. We know what Paris Strikes Back was supposed to give us, we know the some of the details on the changes as we read forums on IAH and follow news which are universal to all Dragonicas/Dragon Sagas.
the whole 60s and up population is the one who was waiting for this release the most. New people who just joined 5 days ago couldn't care less. We are the ones who had the most hopes and expectations and a lot of us are let down. And i personally cant tell anymore if the administration cares or not, or if that fact matters to anyone on this website.
We aren't really whining, apparently we want to wait. We want for things to get better and start happening, and we just want to voice how we feel as "senior members" of this community who have invested a lot more of our time and effort, not just to work on our chars, but to create a better gaming environment. Lately as it seems we had lots of problems, with the ISP and getting things in motion but somehow its like problems happen and everyone after them just moves on pretending nothing has happened at all.
As community leads, don't keep us in the shadow. When i saw "commercial release" i expected the 4th jobs which are the main thing about this patch and not Aram or Water temple or F6 missions or impossible refining, and then nothing. On top of everything all of my accounts got suspended and i can't buy WP Energy until someone reads my ticket in a month just to lift the suspension because i was on a proxy while visiting the website (or if its not gonna get lifted tell me so i can move on and play LoL). I honestly feel like an idiot waiting like this all the time and to tell you the truth from all the good impressions i got when we all came here, to now when i have no positive expectations at all.
I dont wanna judge anyone but thats how things are. There isnt even a good vibe or a good atmosphere going on in-game. At this point, i dont even blame anyone for it. All i can say is sometimes i regret leaving gpotato, and i lost any / dont have great expectations when it comes to management of Dragon Saga in the future.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that i do not think our admins, Hastur, Calanor or Heim are responsible for this, and no one should blame them, and i think you guys are doing a good job considering you have your own departments to work on as well, and you should take this thread as a form of constructive criticism of the management and apparently broken communication.

Edited by Taomang, 30 October 2010 - 09:48 AM.

#17 codec689

codec689

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 09:53 AM

the only bright side here is that we got to keep our accounts our cs items and some items that we did have that were cs managed to get added stats such as the immolain armors but the medals were nerfed and now useless but can be replaced with better medals such as the 10,000 combo or the last boyscout medals

anyways we got to keep our stuff and accounts and i sure as hell wont mind waiting till the patch comes
but the reduction in some items such as back parts is unnecessary

the least war portal can do is release some information on the requirements for our job change

#18 pewpewpew

pewpewpew

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 10:03 AM

Should add on the set pieces for level 61/67 as well, seeing how new weapons are already out. I would like to get to 70 while getting my set pieces, so that none of my time is wasted. I do agree with your perspective, though.

The 61 sets are out (4th job req. though). I haven't tried for the 67's yet though.

#19 Taomang

Taomang

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 10:04 AM

the only bright side here is that we got to keep our accounts our cs items and some items that we did have that were cs managed to get added stats such as the immolain armors but the medals were nerfed and now useless but can be replaced with better medals such as the 10,000 combo or the last boyscout medals

anyways we got to keep our stuff and accounts and i sure as hell wont mind waiting till the patch comes
but the reduction in some items such as back parts is unnecessary

the least war portal can do is release some information on the requirements for our job change

they really dont have to as the last job change is a publicly known thing if you just google a little.
Basically you need 70 000 AP (accomplishment points) which you get by collecting medals. You can check your medals and your Ranking by pressing the J key on your keyboard.
You need 250 DSS (devil soul stones)
and completed hero quests to have the 4th job quest available to you.

#20 codec689

codec689

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 10:14 AM

they really dont have to as the last job change is a publicly known thing if you just google a little.
Basically you need 70 000 AP (accomplishment points) which you get by collecting medals. You can check your medals and your Ranking by pressing the J key on your keyboard.
You need 250 DSS (devil soul stones)
and completed hero quests to have the 4th job quest available to you.

thanks man
still is a dam shame that we do have some of the updates that are in the psb patch yet we don't have the 4th job classes. They should of just kept van cliff for the higher level players but considering the setbacks it wasn't that surprising that things would be this way.

Edited by codec689, 30 October 2010 - 10:17 AM.

#21 Taomang

Taomang

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 10:20 AM

thanks man
still is a dam shame that we do have some of the updates that are in the psb patch yet we don't have the 4th job classes. they should of just kept van cliff for the higher level players but considering the setbacks it wasn't that surprising that things would be this way

By normal means you cant enter Van Cliff until you have completed the first quest with 70k AP and 250 DSS, unless someone warps you in with the floor scrolls.
After each mini boss on each of the Van Cliff floors he will drop a scroll for a floor. When the leader uses one of these scrolls he will warp all the players in the party to start the mission map (they dont even need to be lvl 60 to be warped in). But if you want to go alone without those scrolls you need to complete the quest chain first.

But i dont understand why Barunson didnt do it in the first place as all versions got Van Cliff upon PSB's release, and then had to wait a month or two for Drakos.

#22 KitanaWalker

KitanaWalker

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 426 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 10:31 AM

The way level-capped people play, you'll run out of things to do in two days after they raise the level cap anyway. I can't imagine how much time you spent getting to 65, but I'm assuming moderation is alien to you. Maybe if you changed you're gaming habits you wouldn't be having these problems. How can you expect a company to keep up with players who play 60+ hours a week? It's kind of sad.
Ragnarok has a 150 level cap I believe, and they're having a contest to see how fast you can cap, why not go there while you're doing nothing?
You can't blame developers for being slow when you play relentlessly. I doubt any developers could keep up with you.
Why not try the other games Warpportal has? If you're not doing anything at all in Dragonica, why are you even on?

#23 Hawly

Hawly

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 784 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 10:52 AM

The way level-capped people play, you'll run out of things to do in two days after they raise the level cap anyway. I can't imagine how much time you spent getting to 65, but I'm assuming moderation is alien to you. Maybe if you changed you're gaming habits you wouldn't be having these problems. How can you expect a company to keep up with players who play 60+ hours a week? It's kind of sad.
Ragnarok has a 150 level cap I believe, and they're having a contest to see how fast you can cap, why not go there while you're doing nothing?
You can't blame developers for being slow when you play relentlessly. I doubt any developers could keep up with you.
Why not try the other games Warpportal has? If you're not doing anything at all in Dragonica, why are you even on?

Maybe because they don't like Ragnarok/ROSE/Requiem?
And it's not all about lv 70. Of course, they would get lv 70 in less then a week. But they've been waiting for this update since the beggining of the year. They told us we were going to get it, and we didn't.
Also, if they had the update, they would have to farm sets, they would be able to do Van Cliff/Drakos and they would be able to hunt the lv 70 weapons. So, it's not about lv 70.
And yes, they can blame the developers for being slow. The other versions opened in the same year as this one, and they are way ahead of us content-wise.

#24 Maronu

Maronu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2358 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 10:56 AM

By normal means you cant enter Van Cliff until you have completed the first quest with 70k AP and 250 DSS, unless someone warps you in with the floor scrolls.
After each mini boss on each of the Van Cliff floors he will drop a scroll for a floor. When the leader uses one of these scrolls he will warp all the players in the party to start the mission map (they dont even need to be lvl 60 to be warped in). But if you want to go alone without those scrolls you need to complete the quest chain first.

But i dont understand why Barunson didnt do it in the first place as all versions got Van Cliff upon PSB's release, and then had to wait a month or two for Drakos.

So it's like a series of missions, and you use the floor scroll to go to the next one?

#25 Taomang

Taomang

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 11:07 AM

So it's like a series of missions, and you use the floor scroll to go to the next one?

yeah since not all people want to do 30 floors in one go so you can stop at lets say 16th and then after 3 hours continue from that floor if you have the scroll for it.

The scrolls are also divided by the difficulty as well as floors. Since VC and Drakos have 3 difficulty settings you can choose from: Normal, Rare and Hero. On Hero mode the mobs are tougher and do more damage to you, but the job change can be completed on any of these 3 modes. Hero mode is good for exp when you reach the higher floors.
To put things even more simple VC is like a MM with like 30 stages in it.

Simply because most of people who are lvl 65 have been 65 since November-December last year. The PSB patch was released in May, but never on the North American version. I personally am lvl 65 since April.
I think that even a moderate player would cap and complete everything in a bit over a year.
When it comes to your Ragnarok question after saying about playing 60+ hours a week is sad, dont you think its even sadder to go to ANOTHER game just for the sake of doing something? Another thing is that we want to continue our game after 1 year of nothing to do while being promised new content that never came, I personally dont want to play ragnarok, or requiem or ROSE as the only reason i am here is because i want to play Dragonica and dont have the slightest interest in any other MMORPG out there.

And one more thing, why do you need to descend from heaven judging whos sad and whos not with a holier than thou attitude. Yurai did nothing wrong except point out some things. One thing was in the announcement, the other thing is delivered. Its not the first time, and it probably won't be the last. Simple as that.
If things aren't said and pointed out people will think everything is fine, while it's really not.

Edited by Taomang, 30 October 2010 - 11:21 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users