Patch Notes v493 - Server Maintenance on Thursday(11/21/13)! 3:30PM PST. - Page 4 - Patch Notes Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Patch Notes v493 - Server Maintenance on Thursday(11/21/13)! 3:30PM PST.

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#76 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 24 November 2013 - 04:33 AM

Well now an unnamed mage, which we all know, will only be able to patrol the ruins now. Too bad! :blaugh:

#77 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 24 November 2013 - 04:34 AM

Yeah I hear you Dani, now you will have to take them to ruins to kill them, and then, only if they are high enough to go LOL.

Why not drive into training grounds? Much closer by, and they only need to be lvl50~

#78 Genesis

Genesis

ROSE Developer

• Community Managers
  • 2066 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 24 November 2013 - 04:35 AM

So the Desert of the Dead is no longer a pvp zone, I just want to ask was this intentional or not ?

Thanks for bringing that to our attention, it definitely wasn't intentional and has been corrected for next patch.  Do let us know if you come across any other PvP areas that aren't working correctly and we'll get them back to normal aswell.

Edited by Genesis, 24 November 2013 - 04:36 AM.

#79 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 24 November 2013 - 04:36 AM

Thanks for bringing that to our attention, it definitely wasn't intentional and has been corrected for next patch.  Do let us know if you come accross any other PvP areas that aren't working correctly and we'll get them back to normal aswell.

The forgotten temple in luna (I'm actually not too sure if this was a PvP area or not, but I think it was).

#80 TheRaiderIII

TheRaiderIII

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 66 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:U serious tho?

Posted 24 November 2013 - 04:37 AM

DoD has never been a very bottable map to begin with cause the spawns are fairly spread out. How is the map destroyed now?

I guess you never been in DoD cause there are enuff places you can bot easy for cata... Years back DoD was pretty full with ppl doing clan wars, pk'ing and leveling till 160 so now it's just a dead place I can bot, Thx

Edited by TheRaiderIII, 24 November 2013 - 04:38 AM.

#81 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 04:38 AM

Yes Jeremy it was a pvp zone years ago. I was also going to ask about that, because I honestly can't remember if that was changed intentionally or not.

#82 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 24 November 2013 - 04:40 AM

I guess you never been in DoD cause there are enuff places you can bot easy for cata... Years back DoD was pretty full with ppl doing clan wars, pk'ing and leveling till 160 so now it's just a dead place I can bot, Thx

I used to lvl in DoD back when grey mobs still gave 100% xp and everyone would camp the bosses in the middle, so yes I've been in DoD quite a lot.

Also, Gen just said it was not intentional that it's a PvP area, so they did not destroy the area. Furthermore they didn't change anything to it in the past years, I still like it for lvling, but it's definitely not the best place for botting.

#83 DigitalKitten

DigitalKitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4996 posts
  • Server:Leonis, Draconis

Posted 24 November 2013 - 04:44 AM

Why not drive into training grounds? Much closer by, and they only need to be lvl50~

By NPC restriction, yes. But if you request someone for a cart ride and they're on your backseat whilst you talk with the NPC you can get a lvl 1 noob into TG. 

I'm guessing this is a bug though.

#84 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 04:45 AM

As for botting, yes people do it there. The one spot where you get a lot of Red Pomic Officers, there is usually a botting party there farming.

#85 Genesis

Genesis

ROSE Developer

• Community Managers
  • 2066 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 24 November 2013 - 04:47 AM

The forgotten temple in luna (I'm actually not too sure if this was a PvP area or not, but I think it was).

It hasn't been a PvP zone for a long time, which as far as I know was intentional.

#86 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 24 November 2013 - 04:47 AM

As for botting, yes people do it there. The one spot where you get a lot of Red Pomic Officers, there is usually a botting party there farming.

Oh happens there? Guess I should PK DoD some more, I usually don't go there anymore cause all noobs try to bot OT at lv80..

#87 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 05:26 AM

Oh happens there? Guess I should PK DoD some more, I usually don't go there anymore cause all noobs try to bot OT at lv80..

Yeah, try that Pomic Spot if you want to have some fun. :P

By NPC restriction, yes. But if you request someone for a cart ride and they're on your backseat whilst you talk with the NPC you can get a lvl 1 noob into TG. 

I'm guessing this is a bug though.

Yes it was, but it was supposedly fixed in the last patch. This is because people (like me) were carting zulie sellers, to Orlo :P

#88 Dinler

Dinler

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • LocationTurkey
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 24 November 2013 - 07:41 AM

For the next patch please do something about the champs. We are like paper atm and yes I have tried out different builds. I used to be a dodge champ but now since the changes, that is out of question, atleast improve our dodge skill or something. Most of the classes got some changes in this patch but I see nothing was made for champs, please take a look at the balance for the champs until next patch :)

#89 Dirtyarry

Dirtyarry

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 672 posts
  • Locationlos christianos
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:siren

Posted 24 November 2013 - 07:51 AM

For the next patch please do something about the champs. We are like paper atm and yes I have tried out different builds. I used to be a dodge champ but now since the changes, that is out of question, atleast improve our dodge skill or something. Most of the classes got some changes in this patch but I see nothing was made for champs, please take a look at the balance for the champs until next patch :)

what do you want for champs??

1> POWER

2> DEFENCE

3> ACCURACY

4> SPEED

5> DODGE

6> CRITICALS

try listing in order of importance "remember you cant have it all your not a xbow scout" Hahaha<<jk

but seriously Champs are a bit of a mystery right now

#90 Dinler

Dinler

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • LocationTurkey

Posted 24 November 2013 - 08:22 AM

I don't know lol, but we need something atleast! At the moment we are just like the forgotten child. Sure as spear champs we got debuffs and AOE's, but doesn't matter that we have the AOE's when we can't 1. stay alive to do them and 2. they make no dmg since our attack is so low! More defense or dodge is what I want lol!

#91 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:27 AM

Champions are actually quite alright in my eyes. Perhaps lacking a tiny bit in some aspects, but they sure aren't in a bad position currently.

Perhaps some kind of hp absorption ability like the old blood attack reimplemented as a unique skill, this would help with their survivability.

#92 Dinler

Dinler

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • LocationTurkey

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:56 AM

Champions are actually quite alright in my eyes. Perhaps lacking a tiny bit in some aspects, but they sure aren't in a bad position currently.

Perhaps some kind of hp absorption ability like the old blood attack reimplemented as a unique skill, this would help with their survivability.

Yeah jer that's a good idea, something for survivability is exactly what I want, as that is the missing piece imo.

#93 DigitalKitten

DigitalKitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4996 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:00 AM

I don't think spear champs are as forgotten as some hidden classes as gunbourg, dual raiders. It would be nice to see more escape skills added within a few semi squishy classes instead of always tweaking on their stats. Such as a mspeed up skill a few seconds etc, but I'm guessing that's out of the question as they removed the whole "change weapon in combat" / hot swapping thing to pervent players from escaping, which I get. But I can't fully agree since I've seen a few good spear champs.

#94 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:01 AM

I don't think spear champs are as forgotten as some hidden classes as gunbourg, dual raiders. It would be nice to see more escape skills added within a few semi squishy classes instead of always tweaking on their stats. Such as a mspeed up skill a few seconds etc, but I'm guessing that's out of the question as they removed the whole "change weapon in combat" / hot swapping thing to pervent players from escaping, which I get. But I can't fully agree since I've seen a few good spear champs.

Been testing out a dual raider for a slight bit and they actually are good, just completely forgotten right now. Once they make it so that you can stack mirror phantasm and evasive guard on top of your normal buffs, without making these go away, perhaps we'll see more dual raiders around.

#95 DigitalKitten

DigitalKitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4996 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:06 AM

I was thinking that too, they're not worthless but right now .. Without those buffs, you can't do too much as other classes, there's been a few duals that switched back to Katar, I can't honestly name any decent dual raiders. If any class I keep track on raiders.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users