#1 kbred

kbred

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 492 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:chaos

Posted 22 November 2013 - 09:09 PM

I dont mind paying monthly, if it will make iRO a better place.

less bot,less problem, less troll, less scamming by kids.

agree?  :p_laugh: everyone is saying how there is alot of god item, zenny, and ebay buyer, so there shouldn't be any problem paying monthly.

or a one time fee to make a wp acct, if not by monthly.

Edited by kbred, 22 November 2013 - 10:08 PM.

#2 davdbg

davdbg

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 691 posts
  • Server:chaos and classic(?)

Posted 22 November 2013 - 09:10 PM

*2nd edit: no, a lot of people will leave and that means less money for them, less fun fur us and less live to RO

Edited by davdbg, 22 November 2013 - 09:24 PM.

#3 Jen1oak

Jen1oak

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4736 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 22 November 2013 - 09:11 PM

thats if you want people to disappear too and end up playing by urself.

#4 NosferatuZodd

NosferatuZodd

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 815 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 09:13 PM

brilliant idea you got there -_-, i'd say  WP will lose 50- 80% of its the ro population if they do this crap. The server population is just starting to grow, why do people suggest these kinds of ideas to divide the population like" time to make a new server" "make it pay to play". i dont get it

Edited by NosferatuZodd, 22 November 2013 - 09:20 PM.

#5 HansLowell

HansLowell

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 485 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 22 November 2013 - 09:17 PM

That would kill the server lol having to pay for each individual account, kinda break arms and limit the game possibilites only to very rich players. speaking of dual clienting there. Then people just spend already enough on VIP status and kafra shop that would be a bit too much lol. I would either go back on another f2p jsut to get the whole game and not be limited by a cash thing.

#6 LumLotus

LumLotus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • Server:Loki

Posted 22 November 2013 - 09:21 PM

Although making it p2p would get rid of most of the problems like scammers, spammers, and bots it is more likely that wp would also take a loss in money. Most players are willing to buy from item malls ect but will refuse to play p2p games.

Edited by LumLotus, 22 November 2013 - 09:21 PM.

#7 kbred

kbred

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 492 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 09:21 PM

That would kill the server lol having to pay for each individual account, kinda break arms and limit the game possibilites only to very rich players. speaking of dual clienting there. Then people just spend already enough on VIP status and kafra shop that would be a bit too much lol. I would either go back on another f2p jsut to get the whole game and not be limited by a cash thing.

why cant u just pay monthly for the WP acct. like 30-50 dollars a months. i'm sure that 90% of the bot will be gone. and we will take back iRO from the bot!and scammer! and troll!

#8 davdbg

davdbg

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 691 posts
  • Server:chaos and classic(?)

Posted 22 November 2013 - 09:22 PM

I edited that part because there is good and trusted people from 3rd world country. but there is ton that scam from a 3rd world country,so far i seen alot of scammer from indian....dont know why.

yeah, sorry but i hate when people prejudices of the country, lenguage or money of them n.n

#9 kbred

kbred

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 492 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 09:23 PM

Although making it p2p would get rid of most of the problems like scammers, spammers, and bots it is more likely that wp would also take a loss in money. Most players are willing to buy from item malls ect but will refuse to play p2p games.

how about one time fee, then u can play it forever. that's what i think is best. for one WP acct u need to pay a one time fee, like 10-20 dollars range, and i'm sure most of the bot user will be less.

Edited by kbred, 22 November 2013 - 09:37 PM.

#10 Frike

Frike

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 22 November 2013 - 09:28 PM

how about you go play other game

/thread

Edited by Frike, 22 November 2013 - 09:32 PM.

#11 kbred

kbred

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 492 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 09:32 PM

how about you go play other game?

/thread

i do play other game beside iRO, FF XIV,Warhammer online,Diablo 3. but iRO is the first mmorpg that i play. 1st LOVE! this game got me into mmorpg

#12 LumLotus

LumLotus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 09:36 PM

how about one time fee, then u can play it forever. that's what i think is best. for one WP acct u need to pay a one time fee, like 1 to 5 dollars range, and i'm sure most of the bot user will be less.

I really wouldn't think 1 to 5 dollars would be enough to do much of anything. :S

But here is a thought...

Perhaps rewarding a player for reporting bad conduct might improve the motivation to reporting it.

It wouldn't have to be a big reward or anything but it doesn't seem like there are enough players reporting such behaviors.

It should make GM's jobs a little easier.

#13 Frike

Frike

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 22 November 2013 - 09:38 PM

i do play other game beside iRO, FF XIV,Warhammer online,Diablo 3. but iRO is the first mmorpg that i play. 1st LOVE! this game got me into mmorpg

If you love Ro ...then why  you want to kill it making it p2p? hurr durr

#14 kbred

kbred

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 492 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 09:43 PM

from the past 6 years i play iRO, i met many people, make friends , and enemy in game. i even met people who make a living off from bot, and sell zenny. and make around 200 to 1k usd each week" u can tell alot of people buy zenny if he make that much" :p_omg:  we chat on facebook. i was tempted to buy zenny i'm not going to lie, is sooo cheap. but my ego wont let me buy it, and i dont want to get ban lol.  :heh:

Edited by kbred, 22 November 2013 - 09:44 PM.

#15 NosferatuZodd

NosferatuZodd

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 815 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 09:44 PM

p2p=less players

less players= less people to play with

less people to play with= bye bye iRO(server close)

get it?

you just need to accept that botters/exploits/scammers exist in every MMOs and there's no guaranteed way of getting rid of them. 

Edited by NosferatuZodd, 22 November 2013 - 09:44 PM.

#16 stockings

stockings

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 09:49 PM

agreed. an one time fee like it used to be on ymir is totally fine. if you guys arent ready to pay some dollars for server stability, you most likely belong to the players who never spent a cent for kafra items. so gravity wont do any loss, you guys are those who should play another game

Edited by stockings, 22 November 2013 - 09:53 PM.

#17 LumLotus

LumLotus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 09:56 PM

agreed. a one time fee like it used to be on ymir is totally fine. if you guys arent ready to pay some dollars for server stability, you most likely belong to the players who never cent a cent for kafra items. so gravity wont do any loss, you guys should play another game

A one time fee would probably be fine if it was large enough.

Ro is too old though so there isn't likely many people would would pay a "large" fee say like $60 and $1-$5 is definitely not large enough to really make a dent into the problem. You would still have kids scamming after scamming their parents for the fee and $1-$5 is no big deal for the gold dealing bots.

#18 zoesensei

zoesensei

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 930 posts
  • LocationKentucky
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 22 November 2013 - 09:56 PM

RO used to be P2P, and everyone ran to the pservers. The population is coming back since the servers became f2p, There is still VIP and the Kafka cashshop, I bet you that gravity is making great profits with this business model. and at least f2p more people can play, and with this economy, that's pretty awesome.

#19 OniichanN

OniichanN

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1812 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 22 November 2013 - 10:03 PM

why cant u just pay monthly for the WP acct. like 30-50 dollars a months. i'm sure that 90% of the bot will be gone. and we will take back iRO from the bot!and scammer! and troll!

Er, American dollars or what? You do understand that 30-50 USD monthly is way too much? .-.

If you don't like it here, there are other games, you said it yourself, you play some of them. Nobody is forcing you to stay on iRO.

#20 Draciolus

Draciolus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2035 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 22 November 2013 - 10:06 PM

from the past 6 years i play iRO, i met many people, make friends , and enemy in game. i even met people who make a living off from bot, and sell zenny. and make around 200 to 1k usd each week" u can tell alot of people buy zenny if he make that much" :p_omg:  we chat on facebook. i was tempted to buy zenny i'm not going to lie, is sooo cheap. but my ego wont let me buy it, and i dont want to get ban lol.  :heh:

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the GM/CM team starts grilling you for information saying that you chat with zeny sellers on Facebook....

As for making it P2P, if it does, there goes over 80% of the player base. 90% of the people I talk to can't afford to pay a monthly subscription to a game. In this day and age, that is honestly something that people have been cutting back. Have you looked at the economy OUTSIDE the game? Prices are going up 3x as fast as your average wages.

#21 kbred

kbred

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 492 posts

Er, American dollars or what? You do understand that 30-50 USD monthly is way too much? .-.

If you don't like it here, there are other games, you said it yourself, you play some of them. Nobody is forcing you to stay on iRO.

when did i said i dont like iRO? dont rage please, is just an opinion.   

#22 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

But here is a thought...

Perhaps rewarding a player for reporting bad conduct might improve the motivation to reporting it.

Thought of and easily abused on purpose. Think about it.

@OP: Also, "Pay once to play unlimited" isn't going to keep the server alive unless they keep the KP Shop in. Pay2Play monthly requires loyal customers that you're guaranteed will stay and the profits must equal to or surpass what they're currently making with the Free2Play heavy cash shop model. Pay2Play also means the cash shop must be toned down to make the money's worth for the player in order to not burn them out for that steady stream of profit for the company. Can you maintain that subscription? That's a hefty gamble.

Yes, pay wall slows down botters(Yes, they can get around these pay walls. I'm sure you're not a fool to think botters and scammers can be stopped by a pay wall, because there were botters even during the time we had subscription model servers in Pre-Renewal iRO.) and scammers. Then again, it also stops a lot of other players from staying or playing the game. Take for example, FF14 has plenty of players, but it also stops a lot of other interested potential players from joining due to the Pay2Play model out of hesitation and time investment. What worth is there in playing a Pay2Play subscription model game if you pay for the entire month and end up only playing for 1 week combined out of that entire month? Try to think on those terms. Not everyone has the time in the world to make the most out of subscription model games. This is also the case for a lot of players who only log on to WoE and such. Business-wise, it isn't healthy to cater to these time constraint needs via the "Time will only be spent with the time you play." They will lose money if they went by that kind of suggestion.

That^ also means trial periods must be given out if they want to attract new customers. Scammers can still use fake IDs to create new trial accounts to scam others if needed. Spammers only need those trials to keep on spamming.

And what about the multi-client oriented players? That opens up a whole can of worms.

Edited by GuardianTK, 22 November 2013 - 10:08 PM.

#23 LumLotus

LumLotus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 10:13 PM

Thought of and easily abused on purpose. Think about it.

[...]

I think we are thinking too differently about it.

If the GM is able to confirm it then I can't see it as a problem.

If a player makes a false report punishment isn't impossible.

Please explain what you were thinking,

#24 OniichanN

OniichanN

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1812 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 22 November 2013 - 10:16 PM

when did i said i dont like iRO? dont rage please, is just an opinion.   

Wut, where did I rage? :o Also just gave my opinion that you shouldn't stay here if you don't like it. .-.

#25 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 22 November 2013 - 10:18 PM

I think we are thinking too differently about it.

If the GM is able to confirm it then I can't see it as a problem.

If a player makes a false report punishment isn't impossible.

Please explain what you were thinking,

Player A makes a report about Botter A.

GM9001 confirms that Botter A is in fact botting.

Player A makes a profit. Oh wait...Player A was actually the one that made and botted Botter A.

Replace Botter with Scammer/Abuser/etc. Works the same. Doesn't have to be one person. It could be several people conspiring. IP Checks for verification isn't the way to go.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users