[Archived] How to play Ragnarök Online on Linux - Page 2 - Ragnarok subforum archives - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

[Archived] How to play Ragnarök Online on Linux

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
131 replies to this topic

#26 EpicGnome

EpicGnome

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 145 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 14 August 2014 - 05:17 AM

Er, actually, you need to change the working directory before running the command. Try using the following pair of commands instead:

cd ~/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/Gravity/Ragnarok\ Online
WINEDEBUG=warn+d3d wine Ragexe.exe 1rag1

Sorry! I probably should stop replying to posts when I'm half-asleep. :blush:

Now thattt produced some results xD. It's partially my fault since Ive been using linux distros for years and still dont know fully how to do command line stuff.

fixme:heap:HeapSetInformation (nil) 1 (nil) 0
[nospam] flood protection enabled
[nospam] floodCount: 3   floodTime: 2000   ignoreDuration: 60000
[nospam] spam blocking enabled
[nospam] blockSpamThresh: 3
[nospam] cute pet message blocking disabled.
[nospam] safe aids (21): 1650300 1650292 1650315 1650314 1650298 1650330 1650306 1650313 1650297 1650320 1650312 1650304 1650296 527215 1650303 1650319 527214 1650310 1650302 1650309 1650317
[nospam] filter list (17):
[nospam]  1. ( 1) zeny
[nospam]  2. ( 1) asap
[nospam]  3. ( 1) bonus
[nospam]  4. ( 1) bouns
[nospam]  5. ( 1) cheap
[nospam]  6. ( 1) delivery
[nospam]  7. ( 1) gold
[nospam]  8. ( 1) goid
[nospam]  9. ( 1) safe
[nospam] 10. ( 1) power
[nospam] 11. ( 1) stock
[nospam] 12. ( 1) fast
[nospam] 13. ( 2) www
[nospam] 14. ( 2) com
[nospam] 15. ( 2) org
[nospam] 16. ( 2) net
[nospam] 17. ( 2) us
[nospam] gag list (0):
fixme:d3d:check_fbo_compat Format WINED3DFMT_B8G8R8A8_UNORM with rendertarget flag is not supported as FBO color attachment, and no fallback specified.
fixme:d3d:check_fbo_compat Format WINED3DFMT_B8G8R8X8_UNORM with rendertarget flag is not supported as FBO color attachment, and no fallback specified.
fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x32f178,0x00000000), stub!
fixme:d3d:debug_d3ddevicetype Unrecognized device type 0.
fixme:ddraw:ddraw7_Initialize Ignoring guid {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}.
warn:d3d:wined3d_swapchain_get_back_buffer Invalid back buffer index.
fixme:d3d:debug_d3dusagequery Unrecognized usage query flag(s) 0x2
fixme:d3d:debug_d3dusagequery Unrecognized usage query flag(s) 0x2
fixme:d3d:debug_d3ddevicetype Unrecognized device type 0.
fixme:d3d:context_check_fbo_status FBO status GL_FRAMEBUFFER_UNSUPPORTED (0x8cdd)
fixme:d3d:context_check_fbo_status 	Location SFLAG_INTEXTURE (0x40000).
fixme:d3d:context_check_fbo_status 	Color attachment 0: (0x1ae610) WINED3DFMT_B8G8R8X8_UNORM 1024x587 0 samples.
fixme:d3d:context_check_fbo_status 	Depth attachment: (0x1aee38) WINED3DFMT_D16_UNORM 1024x587 0 samples.
err:d3d:device_clear_render_targets >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GL_INVALID_FRAMEBUFFER_OPERATION (0x506) from glClear @ device.c / 672
fixme:d3d:resource_check_usage Unhandled usage flags 0x8.
fixme:d3d:wined3d_buffer_preload Too many declaration changes or converting dynamic buffer, stopping converting
fixme:d3d:state_zenable Z buffer disabled, but ARB_depth_clamp isn't supported.
warn:d3d:state_debug_monitor token: 0xbaadcafe.
warn:d3d:psorigin_w Point sprite coordinate origin switching not supported.
fixme:d3d:context_check_fbo_status FBO status GL_FRAMEBUFFER_UNSUPPORTED (0x8cdd)

That last 10 lines or so just  begin repeating endlessly once ragnarok stalls and goes black.

#27 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts
  • LocationEngland, United Kingdom

Posted 16 August 2014 - 01:59 AM

Now thattt produced some results xD. It's partially my fault since Ive been using linux distros for years and still dont know fully how to do command line stuff.
[…]

That last 10 lines or so just  begin repeating endlessly once ragnarok stalls and goes black.

Wine's output indicates there is a problem with your display server, but I'm afraid I don't know exactly what the problem is or how to resolve it. I suggest you seek help via the Wine forum.

Edited by Axylus, 16 August 2014 - 01:59 AM.

#28 EpicGnome

EpicGnome

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 06:46 PM

Wine's output indicates there is a problem with your display server, but I'm afraid I don't know exactly what the problem is or how to resolve it. I suggest you seek help via the Wine forum.

I'll just have to falcon punch it because the only thing that has changed since last time I played Ragnarok is the version of Ubuntu I'm using. I think last time it was 13.04. Oh welly. Thanks for the assistance! I'll see if I can get it working, if not a new computer will be within my grasp after I get settled back into the fall semester.

#29 kijanta

kijanta

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 23 August 2014 - 11:50 PM

Hey guys! I've been successfully running iRO on ubuntu for a while and the game itself still does.

Prior to maintenance 8/13 I used a shortcut .exe on my desktop to open it. However, since that maintenance I can only start it from the .exe in the gravity folder itself - using a shortcut gives me this:

2s864a0.png

I tried creating a new shortcut .exe - as long as I leave it in the RO folder, it works fine. As soon as I drag it to the desktop, it gives me the above again - kinda defeats the purpose.

Any suggestions? Commands I could use to create a working shortcut?

I can still play, so ultimately I don't mind, but it's still annoying to navigate through those folders each time...

Edit: Using Wine 1.6.2 and Ubuntu 14.04

Edited by kijanta, 23 August 2014 - 11:54 PM.

#30 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 02:07 AM

Hey guys! I've been successfully running iRO on ubuntu for a while and the game itself still does.

Prior to maintenance 8/13 I used a shortcut .exe on my desktop to open it. However, since that maintenance I can only start it from the .exe in the gravity folder itself - using a shortcut gives me this:

[…]

I tried creating a new shortcut .exe - as long as I leave it in the RO folder, it works fine. As soon as I drag it to the desktop, it gives me the above again - kinda defeats the purpose.

Any suggestions? Commands I could use to create a working shortcut?

I can still play, so ultimately I don't mind, but it's still annoying to navigate through those folders each time...

Edit: Using Wine 1.6.2 and Ubuntu 14.04

The updater's window appears as it is shown in your screen capture when it is unable to load its skin from the PatchClient subfolder. This usually occurs when the updater is run with the wrong working directory set.

You should open the launcher's properties window and ensure the launcher's working directory is set to the IRO client installation directory. Apparently, in previous versions of Ubuntu, it was not possible to set the working directory using the GUI. If that is still the case, then do the following:
  • Open the launcher in a text editor.
  • Add the following line to the Desktop Entry section:

Path=Path of IRO client installation folder
  • Save your changes to the file.
For example, if I installed the client to its default location, then I would add the following line to the file:

Path=/home/richard/.wine/drive_c/Gravity/Ragnarok Online

Edited by Axylus, 24 August 2014 - 02:14 AM.

#31 kijanta

kijanta

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 August 2014 - 12:11 PM

Even though the properties showed the correct path already, adding a line as told somehow did the trick. Thank you very much (also for this thread in general, helped a lot with installing RO) :p_love:

#32 Harvallen

Harvallen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam

Posted 01 September 2014 - 08:21 PM

I better reply in this thread as well. Hello, Im new to Ubuntu/Linux but managed to install and patch RO following your instructions. However, Im now stuck on the Steam issue. How exactly do I find the Patchup.exe or even the wine folder? Or a directory for that matter. I'm on 14.04 Trusty 64-bit. Searched in my files, found nothing, Bear with me, I only started using Ubuntu since past Saturday.

edit: nm found a very simple way. just changed the Ragnarok.exe command to Patchup.exe in the Wine/RO icon in Desktop. 

edit II: ok that was premature, it doesnt work anymore. i see a small loading icon and then nothing. need help? 

Edited by Harvallen, 01 September 2014 - 09:18 PM.

#33 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 10:31 AM

I better reply in this thread as well. Hello, Im new to Ubuntu/Linux but managed to install and patch RO following your instructions. However, Im now stuck on the Steam issue. How exactly do I find the Patchup.exe or even the wine folder? Or a directory for that matter. I'm on 14.04 Trusty 64-bit. Searched in my files, found nothing, Bear with me, I only started using Ubuntu since past Saturday.

As you seem to already know, by default, Wine stores the contents of its virtual drive C at ~/.wine/drive_c (where the tilde represents the path to your home directory). On POSIX-based operating systems such as Linux, files or directories with names that begin with a dot are hidden by default in most applications.

To open a hidden directory in Files (Ubuntu's default file manager), you can either press control-H to show hidden files and directories, or press control-L to show the location field and then enter the path of the directory (you can include a tilde in the path).

edit: nm found a very simple way. just changed the Ragnarok.exe command to Patchup.exe in the Wine/RO icon in Desktop.
edit II: ok that was premature, it doesnt work anymore. i see a small loading icon and then nothing. need help?

Have you tried reverting your changes to the launcher?

#34 Harvallen

Harvallen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam

Posted 02 September 2014 - 10:10 PM

Working like a charm. Cheers!

#35 Harvallen

Harvallen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam

Posted 11 September 2014 - 09:01 AM

Anyone have experience getting AzzyAI to work on Linux? I followed instructions as I did when I was on Windows but to no avail. 

#36 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 11:36 AM

Anyone have experience getting AzzyAI to work on Linux? I followed instructions as I did when I was on Windows but to no avail.

The method of installing the actual AI system is the same as it is on Windows; however, to run the graphical configurator, you must first install the Core Fonts for the Web and .NET Framework 4.0 by executing the following command in a terminal and then completing the installation processes:

winetricks corefonts dotnet40

#37 Harvallen

Harvallen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam

Posted 12 September 2014 - 10:54 AM

The method of installing the actual AI system is the same as it is on Windows; however, to run the graphical configurator, you must first install the Core Fonts for the Web and .NET Framework 4.0 by executing the following command in a terminal and then completing the installation processes:

winetricks corefonts dotnet40

Thanks, Axylus. Fixed, AI is working. The command is not able to install .net though because I have 64 bit at least that's what it said in terminal. Is there a separate command I should use?

#38 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 09:22 PM

Thanks, Axylus. Fixed, AI is working. The command is not able to install .net though because I have 64 bit at least that's what it said in terminal. Is there a separate command I should use?

I think you're unable to install .NET Framework 4.0 because you're using a 64-bit Wine prefix, which would be the case if you're using a 64-bit version of Linux and didn't complete step 6 of the Installation section when you installed the RO client. As you can't convert a 32-bit prefix to a 64-bit prefix, you'll need to create a new, 32-bit prefix and then reinstall the client into it. The following are instructions for doing this:
  • Install and then open Alacarte.
  • Delete the application menu entries for the RO client's applications.
  • Open Terminal.
  • Enter "mv "$HOME/.wine"{,.1} && WINEARCH=win32 wineboot".
  • Complete steps 7 and onwards of the Installation section.
After you've reinstalled the RO client, you can move any files you want to preserve (such as those contained in the savedata directory) from your old prefix (~/.wine.1) to your new prefix (~/.wine).

Edited by Axylus, 13 September 2014 - 12:30 PM.

#39 NorthenBeggar

NorthenBeggar

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 12:50 AM

Anyone got sprite error after the latest patch? I've repatched, used my backup copy, etc. Classic also asks to be patched back from 2012, and it fails to download a patch from January this year. I can't play any of the servers now. This is really infuriating.

#40 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 06:49 AM

Anyone got sprite error after the latest patch? I've repatched, used my backup copy, etc. Classic also asks to be patched back from 2012, and it fails to download a patch from January this year. I can't play any of the servers now. This is really infuriating.

I haven't encountered any problems while running the IRO client under CrossOver 14.0.1, which is based on Wine 1.7.25. I think you should try reinstalling the client using the latest version of the installer.

#41 NorthenBeggar

NorthenBeggar

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 12:13 AM

Still downloading...

If this fails, I will retire. Fed up of the sh*t management of this game.

#42 kijanta

kijanta

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 December 2014 - 02:06 AM

Ok, it's me again. Recently, my PC broke and I had to reinstall Ubuntu 14.10 (+ Wine 1.7) from scratch on the new one, leaving me without RO.

However, I want it back, but it won't install. Your installer from the original post is promising at first, but always ends with the following:

24px6s5.png

And at the path I tried to install RO, all that's in the created folder (at least this is done) is an empty Replay folder...

When I use the download link from Warpportal, the .exe just doesn't open. Mouse turns into the "wait a sec" version, but nothing happens.

I'm not sure if this is related to Ubuntu or a general problem, though.

#43 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 04:08 PM

Ok, it's me again. Recently, my PC broke and I had to reinstall Ubuntu 14.10 (+ Wine 1.7) from scratch on the new one, leaving me without RO.
However, I want it back, but it won't install. Your installer from the original post is promising at first, but always ends with the following:

[…]

And at the path I tried to install RO, all that's in the created folder (at least this is done) is an empty Replay folder...

When I use the download link from Warpportal, the .exe just doesn't open. Mouse turns into the "wait a sec" version, but nothing happens.

I'm not sure if this is related to Ubuntu or a general problem, though.

The file distributed via the official web site, which is named Ragnarok-DLM.exe, is actually a download manager for the installer, not the installer itself. As the download manager isn't compatible with Wine, I ran it on Windows and then uploaded the copy of the installer it downloaded to my mirrors for the benefit of Wine/CrossOver users. The copy of the installer hosted on my mirrors is absolutely identical to the one distributed by Gravity.

Please do the following:

Note: You can automatically enter the path of a file system object (file or folder) in a Terminal window by dropping the object's icon onto the window.

1. Check whether the installer is corrupted
  • Open Terminal.
  • Enter "cd Installer source folder", where Installer source folder is the path to the folder that contains the installer files.
  • Enter "scheme=http:; wget -O hashes ${scheme}'//unreserved.eu/miscellaneous/International%20Ragnar%C3%B6k%20Online.md5-hashes' && md5sum -c hashes".
If md5sum outputs "failed" for a file, then that file is corrupted.

2. Generate and upload an installation log
  • Open Terminal.
  • Enter "cd Installer source folder", where Installer source folder is the path to the folder that contains the installer files.
  • Enter "wine msiexec /i Ragnarok_Installer.msi /L*V "$(winepath -w "${HOME}/Desktop/IRO client installation.log")"" (excluding the outermost pair of quotation marks).
  • Attempt to perform the installation process and then close the installer once the installation process has failed.
  • Upload the file on your desktop named IRO client installation.log to Ge.tt or Solidfiles.
  • Include the address of the uploaded copy of the file in a reply to this post.

Edited by Axylus, 17 December 2014 - 06:19 PM.

#44 kijanta

kijanta

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 December 2014 - 02:14 AM

DLM - DownLoad Manager *facepalm* And here I sat for ages wondering what that abbrevation is...

Thank you so much for your effort, but the problem was on my end. I'm not too familiar with my new PC, so I didn't notice the Internet being kinda wonky - apparently the .msi file didn't download properly (which I noticed when I tried to redownload it a few minutes ago and now have a real symbol for the file...). It patches right now, so yay :p_hi:

#45 9226140517234456080

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 06:54 PM

I got everythnig working in the beginning until I tried to change the screen size and all the NPCs and even players disappeared. I can only see the items dropping and myself. please help

#46 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 09:25 AM

I got everythnig working in the beginning until I tried to change the screen size and all the NPCs and even players disappeared. I can only see the items dropping and myself. please help

Firstly, does the problem persist if you revert the video resolution to its previous value?

Secondly, please enter the following command in Terminal and include its output in a reply to this post:

md5sum "$(winepath 'C:\Gravity\Ragnarok Online\Ragexe.exe')"

#47 Harvallen

Harvallen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam

Posted 05 February 2015 - 01:32 PM

I think you're unable to install .NET Framework 4.0 because you're using a 64-bit Wine prefix, which would be the case if you're using a 64-bit version of Linux and didn't complete step 6 of the Installation section when you installed the RO client. As you can't convert a 32-bit prefix to a 64-bit prefix, you'll need to create a new, 32-bit prefix and then reinstall the client into it. The following are instructions for doing this:

• Install and then open Alacarte.
  • Delete the application menu entries for the RO client's applications.
  • Open Terminal.
  • Enter "mv "$HOME/.wine"{,.1} && WINEARCH=win32 wineboot".
  • Complete steps 7 and onwards of the Installation section.
After you've reinstalled the RO client, you can move any files you want to preserve (such as those contained in the savedata directory) from your old prefix (~/.wine.1) to your new prefix (~/.wine).

Hi Axylus, followed your advice and been playing a while without issues. But since today out of the blue the function keys are screwing up my gameplay. Must have been an automatic update that fixed them in Trusty because I had never encountered them before. It's F2 and F3 for brightness, F5 and F6 for sound. F4 does something too but dont recognize the icon that is shown. Anywho, how do I disable these functions since they are global and prevent me from using these keys playing ragnarok. Cant find them in system settings either, googled it but found no solution so far. Would appreciate your input here very very much.

#48 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 04:04 PM

Hi Axylus, followed your advice and been playing a while without issues. But since today out of the blue the function keys are screwing up my gameplay. Must have been an automatic update that fixed them in Trusty because I had never encountered them before. It's F2 and F3 for brightness, F5 and F6 for sound. F4 does something too but dont recognize the icon that is shown. Anywho, how do I disable these functions since they are global and prevent me from using these keys playing ragnarok. Cant find them in system settings either, googled it but found no solution so far. Would appreciate your input here very very much.

I'm afraid that I don't know. I suggest that you seek help via the Ubuntu forum or IRC channel.

#49 sanji66

sanji66

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 03:44 PM

Hi I encountered an error when extracting the datagrf file it says: An error ocurred while extracting files. CFDATA incorrect(no mSZIP signature).

#50 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 06:50 AM

Hi I encountered an error when extracting the datagrf file it says: An error ocurred while extracting files. CFDATA incorrect(no mSZIP signature).

Please post a screen capture that shows the error message.

To post a screen capture:
  • Press print screen.
  • Choose where to save the screen capture and then press Save.
  • Upload the screen capture to Imgur.
  • Include the contents of the BB code field (on the right side of the page) in a reply to this post.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users