Deyk2407

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts
  • LocationVenezuela
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 24 November 2013 - 12:36 AM

Hello guys, I'm trying to decide how my skill build will be, for PvE purposes, I was planning on doing this: http://ro2base.com/b...1.1.1/0.0.0.0.0 but I started reading and a lot of people says is highly recommendable to max Shadow Armor, but really i don't know how to make it fit, don't know where to take points from, I really like poison weapon, i wouldn't like to take the points from there, any recommendation? 

Btw, this is my first character, so feel free to give ANY advice you like, I'm currently on lvl 26 and my skills are this at the moment: http://ro2base.com/b...1.1.1/0.0.0.0.0

I never used DI as a thief, so I wouldn't care taking that point away.

#2 SparklingLimeade

SparklingLimeade

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 06:01 PM

You have a good start there. PW very good and is very worth maxing. Shadow Armor is our only defensive tool so having it available whenever it's needed is important too. The way I see it you need 6 skill points for those essential skills and you can get them with very little sacrifice.

First, Dark Illusion is unnecessary. Shadow Assault is better in most situations. There's a point

Second, Combo Training is pretty bad. In fact, a direct comparison between Poison Weapon shows us that the poison will do more damage. There's two points.

Third, one of the dark secrets of our class is that Deadly Blow can be left at level 1. It only adds 2% damage per level. A level 1 DB with full combo is basically the same as a level 5 DB with 4 combo points. I don't think this is worth the skill points so that's 4 more free.

Finally, Mark of Genocide is known to be pretty mediocre. Other people sometimes have it in parties. Solo it's not any better than the above skills. If you know you're going to be relied upon to supply the buff to parties you could keep it. I didn't. We already got plenty of skill points from ruthlessly butchering the skills above fortunately.

And those are the tricks. My personal build which I love and wouldn't care to change for anything http://ro2base.com/b...1.1.1/0.0.0.0.0

#3 Leinzan

Leinzan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1223 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:22 AM

As Sparkling said it, «Mark of Genocide» isn't really worth it, so taking points from it is most natural.

As well as many other skills from here and there, we could say that the build you are looking for is basicly like this: http://ro2base.com/b...1.1.1/0.0.0.0.0

It even leaves you with 5 free points you could spend however you would like to.

To tell the truth, «Deadly Blow» indeed is barely a 2% damange increase per level, but, when you have a very high critical rate this would mean you arent losing an 8% to a lvl 5 DB, but a 16% damange, which is very considerable. However, it always falls behind «Shadow Explosion» and «Shadow Strike» in the skill priority tree, sometimes even behind «Double Attack» damange output wise, so you might find youself subconciously not using it that often anyway.

Im not a good example because I prioritize movability over crits, since gear already offers a lot of base AGI and natural Crit rate, which works wonders for Colo, but I wouldn't say it is what you are looking for :V

http://ro2base.com/b...1.1.1/0.0.0.0.0

#4 Deyk2407

Deyk2407

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts
  • LocationVenezuela
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 25 November 2013 - 11:25 AM

Ok! thanks both for your answers :D.

I'm on lvl 32 right now and you guys are right, I only use DB in long boss battles, regular monsters die a little after Shadow Explosion and I never get to use deadly blow...

So, MoG, DB (will have to use the skill reset at lvl 35 lol) and Combo training all at 1. Maxing Shadow Armor, and PW and taking Dark Illusion out.

Leizan, what should I do with those 5 points left? Should 1 put one in DI and maxing Shadow Assault?

Now that I've played a little more, i've come to realize that PVP is very important after 50 (Everyone talks about Colliseum), so, would this build be good for that to?

Another thing, what are the most popular or most effective combos? I use to do this: Shadow Strike > Double Atk x2 > Shadow Explosion > double atk x5 > Deadly Blow and repeat... Is there a way to optimize this?

Also, how should I prioritize the skills while leveling, what should I put points firts?, so far I've maxed SForm, SClaw, and a couple of points to SStrike and SExplotion.

Finally, I use to worry to much about gears and do many runs in dungeons to try to get the full blue sets, am I wasting my time? should I just level and try to get to 50? It's just that I see a lot of Sins much stronger than me and with better gears, but at the same lvl, and I get a little jealous hahaha

Thanks and sorry for the many questions.

Edited by Deyk2407, 25 November 2013 - 11:32 AM.

#5 SparklingLimeade

SparklingLimeade

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 11:52 AM

That's the combo. Unfortunately there's not much more to it. Use shadow armor against minibosses and bosses as necessary. Grimtooth against groups for more combo points and to fill time if you have to reposition.

With those 5 skill points I got hiding and some of MoG. As you said, DB is mostly used against bosses but I usually have a party for those so MoG is the better option for more damage with the spare points. Hiding is mostly a fun choice but it does help in PvP a bit for positioning before you leave hiding for the round. Speaking of which, yes this build is great for PvP. Shadow Armor is huge for PvP and you have all your important damage skills. If you wanted to specialize in Colo you could get levels of Shadow Assault. It's omitted from generic builds because it's not used in damage rotations on bosses but you will be using it more against players.

Get as much gear as you care to hang around for. You can progress to endgame as quickly as you like. The people with better gear are probably alts of someone with an endgame character. Personally I skipped most dungeons/gear collecting after my first time through. It kinda is a waste of time to get extra gear but what is a game except a waste of time anyway.

Leveling order's not a big deal. You have the right idea. Sounds like you need to get a point in everything you'll be getting then max Shadow Explosion then Shadow Assault then do whatever you feel like.

#6 Leinzan

Leinzan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1223 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 November 2013 - 11:54 AM

About wasting your time, yes you are, only run the dungeons the enought times to complete the story quests for exp or the kharas for game completion.

Getting new and better gear will always come fast in this game during the leveling stage.

About those 5 extra points, I really can't tell you what is best, after all, my build doesn't even use self crit buffs. You should follow Sparkling's example :/

One of the most awesome facts about Sins is that there is no "best" combo, you use the skills depending on the precise situation. Personally I like to build on Combo Points and chase my oponent around, using solely «Double Attack», and yep, I do use «Deadly Blow» while still on the chase... when my target is on low HP I use «Shadow Assault» to inmovilize them, specially if they are healers or if their running pattern is quite erratic... otherwise I just keep the chasing, ocasionally using «Dagger Throw» in combo with «Grimtooth» for a midrange burst... once the target is down, it mostly will depend on how many Combo Points I have at hand, if full I would go for «Shadow Explosion» -> «Shadow Strike» -> «Deadly Blow» which is a quick combination of 3 finishers. If low on Combo Points, I would build up for «Shadow Explosion». But really, there is no real "best" way to go... just go and tear them to pieces >=P!!

Im originally a Rogue, and certainly I like the Rogue more for PvE than my Sin (he is for PvP after all), so I really LOVE «Dark Illusion» to a fault... it is without a doubt the best skill in game for farming, instant warp, kill steal, moving speed... saddly, it is not as effective on Sins, specially in PvP environments, but is a skill I love to use regardless...

Edited by Leinzan, 25 November 2013 - 12:00 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users