Very Very Strong Elemental Weapons - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Very Very Strong Elemental Weapons

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Lagosliph

Lagosliph

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts
  • LocationNorth Dakota
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:23 AM

I am sorry if this has been addressed before, but I I looked through the forum and did some google stuff and found nothing.

Does the VVS add any bonus to weapons anymore?  I know it used to make it impossible to miss but after renewal it got changed to something.  And does it change based on rank or non-rank.

Just curious because I usually make my own VVS Weapons for my low chars but never really saw a difference between my +7 VVS and +7 plain Ele.

Thanks in advance all.

#2 Xord

Xord

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 26 November 2013 - 03:31 AM

For every single Very Strong tag you do 5 Bonus damage that ignores size,def,flee,element etc. So technically when you miss you atleast do 5 damage. VVS does 10 .VVVS(no element) however does 45. These little bonuses arent really significant. Rank adds 10 more of such damage so a Ranked VVS item does 20 bonus damage. The damage doubles if the the user procs double attack as in case of thieves.

The forging system has been in ruins ever since the Yuno episode came out. Sages and converters(later episode) destroyed applications of Forged goods. Now these are mostly used by newbies who can afford them or bots. The Forging system needs a revamp badly. Smiths should be able to make more than just elemental weapons. I would like to see unique weapons and armors .

Edited by Xord, 26 November 2013 - 03:37 AM.

#3 Lagosliph

Lagosliph

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts
  • LocationNorth Dakota
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 26 November 2013 - 12:29 PM

Agreed. I was once proudly on the rank list but quit for awhile. By the time I came back the list was wiped and it was as lucrative as it once was.  I don't think its totally worthless but still it would be nice to see something crazy, especially with mechanics now.  I've always wanted to see a dual elemental weapon, even if it would be stupid lol.

#4 Xord

Xord

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 617 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 03:30 PM

Never forge with a mechanic. Forge bonus depends on job levels and somehow the 50 Job level cap of a mechanic provides lesser bonus than the job 70 cap. Gravity should do something with the forging system. It isnt as lucrative as it used to be. Even with a 50%+ success rate you still make marginal profits competing from other forgers. My current take on it is that its not worth the effort. You could pour in a few hundred million zeny and slam some +10s to get back into ranking though.

#5 Moogle

Moogle

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1289 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 27 November 2013 - 09:45 AM

In my experience after renewal happen, very very strong or very strong weapons does not do any damage when you miss while attacking a monster.

#6 paranoid

paranoid

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 275 posts
  • Location^ Up there.
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 27 November 2013 - 09:47 AM

In my experience after renewal happen, very very strong or very strong weapons does not do any damage when you miss while attacking a monster.

This.

#7 Xord

Xord

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 617 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 10:11 AM

They may have changed some mechanics Lol. I dont even care about ranking nowdays. I forge my own weapons so that I can play without converters although I am getting addicted to converters slowly. They cost as much as a strawberry after all.

Forging needs a massive upgrade. Its a deprecated system. A lot of P Servers have a better customized forging system than the default one.

Edited by Xord, 27 November 2013 - 10:13 AM.

#8 Moogle

Moogle

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1289 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 27 November 2013 - 10:35 AM

You cant compare pservers to our server.  Lets not get on the topic of pservers!!

Edited by Moogle, 27 November 2013 - 10:35 AM.

#9 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 27 November 2013 - 12:44 PM

You cant compare pservers to our server.  Lets not get on the topic of pservers!!

actually u kinda can but its better to shy away from talking about pservers tho

#10 paranoid

paranoid

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 275 posts
  • Location^ Up there.
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 27 November 2013 - 12:48 PM

They may have changed some mechanics Lol. I dont even care about ranking nowdays. I forge my own weapons so that I can play without converters although I am getting addicted to converters slowly. They cost as much as a strawberry after all.

Forging needs a massive upgrade. Its a deprecated system. A lot of P Servers have a better customized forging system than the default one.

If you want a better forging system, try RO2. I heard crafting gear is much better than what we have here.

Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see better crafting options in RO1, but it'll probably never happen.

#11 Xord

Xord

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 617 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:43 PM

I am not very fond of RO2 besides the KRO2 shutting down thing was :(

#12 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 27 November 2013 - 05:08 PM

If you want a better forging system, try RO2. I heard crafting gear is much better than what we have here.

Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see better crafting options in RO1, but it'll probably never happen.

Cooking is downright retarded in RO2, but it is better than RO1 nonetheless.

Keep in mind, the crafting community on RO1 is miniscule compared to RO2 so there's really no point in improving the crafting system if very few players are interested in it.

#13 Xord

Xord

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 617 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 03:29 AM

Maybe an upgrade would create interest. People have no interest because it has nothing to it. Its limited, difficult and annoying in RO1 to use a crafting system. RO1 is still Gravity's flagship game. They could work on improving old favorites. I remember how popular forger smiths were pre juno episode lol. And as soon as sages came the smiths were forgotten like they never existed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users