Back To The Drawing Board - Assassin Month (CLOSED) Prizes Updated! - Page 3 - Events - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Back To The Drawing Board - Assassin Month (CLOSED) Prizes Updated!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
69 replies to this topic

#51 Zanbee

Zanbee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1622 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 17 January 2014 - 10:34 AM

The Participation Prizes have just been sent out. Enjoy!

* I sent out the wrong prizes. Sorry for the inconvenience! 

#52 Vogun

Vogun

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 11:49 AM

I feel rather sorry for all the entries that received very few votes, and even more so for those that received none.

It is my objective opinion that the most popular entry was eclipsed by many others for aptly fitting the design brief.  Had the developers released the winning set for ASSASSINS, I could envision a thread where players question if the developers even know what assassins are supposed to look like and ask why they would include this displaced-looking futuristic TRON armour into the RO-verse.  A thread that I would support.

Note to self: There is no point in considering colour palettes or adhering to assassin themes. This is the standard required for participation, and no more.

5tj1U.png

#53 overpls

overpls

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 05:34 PM

I spent over 10 hours in MS paint to draw muh masperpis and i didn't recieve a reward that is worth at least half of the the time i spent on it.

rip.

:^(

Edited by overpls, 17 January 2014 - 05:52 PM.

#54 NewMinako

NewMinako

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 265 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 17 January 2014 - 05:42 PM

I spent over 10 hours in MS paint to draw muh masperpis and i didn't recieve a reward that isn't worth at least half of the the time i spent on it.

rip.

:^(

You won my heart <3

#55 jellopyking

jellopyking

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 589 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:skyrim

Posted 17 January 2014 - 07:10 PM

prize consumed

tk_zpsa22231a0.png

thanks

Edited by jellopyking, 17 January 2014 - 07:10 PM.

#56 Tiduspeco

Tiduspeco

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 709 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:32 AM

So when's the next Drawing Board coming up?   :rice:

I was going to start it January 1st but a few things came up and by the time I was ready to start it we were already 2 weeks into January. I'm holding off until February 1st in hopes that some players will return since there will be rebalancing before then. I will also be changing how we select the winners and possibly the prizes. We still have 11 more events to go provided no new classes/races come out before then, so there's lots of time to improve the event to everyone's liking. Stay tuned for the next Back To The Drawing Board starting Feb 1st.

#57 6780130505082106153

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 11:34 AM

You will change THe Way winner will be select?
You mean Not like THe Most Likes via facebook(like some have many Friends who are always giving them THe Better Chance to ein xD)

And when will you guys Post THe winners of this Event?

#58 NewMinako

NewMinako

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 11:41 AM

Honestly about FB friend, at first I was like hey only people with tones of FB friend will win for sure. But I realized my drawing was winning without even knowing it was on the ragnarok 2 fb. So apparently I was wrong.

#59 6780130505082106153

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 02:10 PM

Hm dont know, the Most winners we saw on many events THe people with big guilds (many Friends) won After Posting it in guildpage with comment like for my win :/ so well just saying what we noticed

#60 NewMinako

NewMinako

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 02:23 PM

I did ask my guild for my entry but it was the last day when I got told about my drawing and I was already way ahead. I have like what 6-7 vote from them. But sure I believe another way of judging could be nice as well

#61 Tiduspeco

Tiduspeco

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 709 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 20 January 2014 - 05:02 PM

And when will you guys Post THe winners of this Event?

I actually forget who won xD Zanbee has the names so I'll get them from her tomorrow (holiday there today so she's not at work) Regardless, they should have recieved their prizes already.

#62 Tiduspeco

Tiduspeco

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 709 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 20 January 2014 - 05:05 PM

I did ask my guild for my entry but it was the last day when I got told about my drawing and I was already way ahead. I have like what 6-7 vote from them. But sure I believe another way of judging could be nice as well

I have an idea how I wanna change the voting but I'll make it a little more interesting. I'll get some feedback and see how that plays out :)

#63 Vogun

Vogun

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 04:00 PM

You were given good advice with plenty of time to change the winner's system for this round but you didn't.  Why ask for suggestions now?  Do you see dissatisfaction?

Everyone who responded so far, except for Minako of course, doesn't like the idea of public voting deciding main prize winners.  Why, because it's open to politics, favouritism and down-right abuse.  It's almost a shame you're changing it now; we were going to attempt to make a mockery of it.

#64 NewMinako

NewMinako

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 04:23 PM

I like the everyone who responded so far except Minako. Dude there is been only two answers, me included. I don't mind if public doesn't vote

#65 Tiduspeco

Tiduspeco

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 709 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 January 2014 - 05:22 PM

You were given good advice with plenty of time to change the winner's system for this round but you didn't.  Why ask for suggestions now?  Do you see dissatisfaction?

Everyone who responded so far, except for Minako of course, doesn't like the idea of public voting deciding main prize winners.  Why, because it's open to politics, favouritism and down-right abuse.  It's almost a shame you're changing it now; we were going to attempt to make a mockery of it.

I didn't change this round's rules because people tend to get their panties in a knot when that happens. And if you have suggestions, I'd prefer if you put them on the other thread instead of this one please.

#66 Vogun

Vogun

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 08:26 AM

I like the everyone who responded so far except Minako. Dude there is been only two answers, me included. I don't mind if public doesn't vote

I'm counting this guy.  Why don't you count this guy?

You will change THe Way winner will be select?
You mean Not like THe Most Likes via facebook(like some have many Friends who are always giving them THe Better Chance to ein xD)

I didn't change this round's rules because people tend to get their panties in a knot when that happens. And if you have suggestions, I'd prefer if you put them on the other thread instead of this one please.

Do you have people getting their panties in a knot now?

- No?  Then why change a winning formula?

- Yes?  Well your strategy didn't work, did it.

As for my suggestions, I agree with everything that was sent to you, in good time, in good faith.

#67 Zanbee

Zanbee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1622 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 09:39 AM

No matter the form of voting, there will always be some sort of campaigning. People asking their friends and family to vote for their entry is one sort of campaigning. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. Everyone has a choice on whether or not to ask people to vote for their entry.

In any case, I believe the two final winners were Yezekiel (via FB) and Zenypoof (via random selection). Please let me know your costume selection via forum message. Thanks!

#68 Vogun

Vogun

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 11:28 AM

..There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. Everyone has a choice on whether or not to ask people to vote for their entry.

Is this a design contest, or popularity contest?

There is nothing wrong with you being hungry for the scrap of publicity that encouraging participants to 'spread the word' might engender, but this should never be used to decide the contest's most valuable prize.  A random vote to decide the other winner made the whole thing even worse.  It actively discourages people to carefully consider the brief or attempt a decent entry and lowers the bar for this and future contests in the planned series.  In fact, the two winners announced are a superb example of you passing over works which show demonstrably greater effort and rewarding arbitrarily and randomly.

The result, in my case at least, much less effort spent next time, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

#69 NewMinako

NewMinako

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 11:41 AM

Yes it's a design contest but " taste" especially for what we call quality or beauty is subjective and depends on people. Who is qualified enough to judge a drawing against another so yeah popularity via vote is a way to quantify this beauty.

I may have won by FB but I don't consider my drawing less good than someone else and I did spend time and dedication

#70 Zanbee

Zanbee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1622 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 11:52 AM

Please keep the bickering to a minimum. If you are unhappy with the event, feel free to message Tiduspeco privately and offer suggestions rather than taking it out on folks publicly. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users