COMPLETE: Patch Notes 11/27 - Page 2 - Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

COMPLETE: Patch Notes 11/27

172 replies to this topic

#26 HunkSurvivor

HunkSurvivor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 25 November 2013 - 07:19 PM

boy, that scalated quickly

#27 xdada

xdada

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 318 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 07:54 PM

(This excludes the Chaos Dungeon).

meaning Chaos will not be a daily reset.... here we go again.  :yawn:

#28 jdmtouch

jdmtouch

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1535 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Aranzeb

Posted 25 November 2013 - 08:01 PM

those pet boxes damn

#29 7034130818020750223

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 08:02 PM

Hmm... how about instead of a costume with a set bonus, you just wipe ALL costume set bonuses. Vanity items should not be even partially game-changing, and free stats change the game.

#30 SoraOfKHK

SoraOfKHK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1319 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin, Channels 1-5

Posted 25 November 2013 - 08:14 PM

Patch Notes 11/27
*Notes are subject to change at anytime

Items we’ve sold in the past that will be included in the sale:

1. Karnium (1 pc)
             - Price: 150 KP
        2. Karnium Box (5 pc)
             - Price: 600 KP
        3. Bradium
        4. Monster DNA Random Box
             - Price: 200 KP

iii. Midgard Leveling Blitz (11/27-12/18)
             - Compete with new characters created at level 1. First 50 players to reach level 50 with a newly created character will get a Large Bag, VIP Membership Card (15 days) and 10 spinels. (*note: these event items will be distributed via event storage, so can be taken out on any character in the account)

iv. Dungeon Burning (11/27-12/18)
             - To make getting into the Chaos Dungeon a little easier for everyone, we will be having an event where all raids will have a one day lock-out. (This excludes the Chaos Dungeon).

*patch notes are not complete. More will be coming. 

Does this mean Karniums are never coming back permanently? If the Developers and WP are trying to find ways to keep players playing the game, that's a terrible way to go about it, regardless of if they're going to be made available in events in the future or not. Also, bringing them back at a sale price, when Karniums were reduced to that price when they sold, isn't exactly a sale, when the other items have actually been reduced, although it's nice to see the Karniums back for a short while. Also, considering it's under the PAST ITEMS list, does this mean that Bradiums will no longer be available, either?

Basically, while the Devs may think this is a generous idea (or WP, whoever thought of it), it's a bad idea. You're excluding OLD players on their OLD characters ONCE AGAIN. Ever heard the phrase "Three strikes and you're out?" Well, if you guys keep on walking all over the old player's characters, making it look like they don't matter, and making it clear that you just think we can go out and make a new character and toss the old one aside, then you're not only saying their characters don't matter, but you're saying the PLAYERS don't matter, and their INVESTMENTS IN THIS GAME don't matter. So, how exactly do you expect to keep OLD PLAYERS WITH OLD CHARACTERS playing with events like this?

Also, no, I am not complaining out of selfishness. I have 3 Super Large Bags and am unaffected by this, but the point remains that if you wanna keep the old players, and don't wanna lose players; you're going about it the wrong way. No one likes to get screwed over a thousand times, but this game sure does it a lot. You're making the older players feel like MASOCHISTS for staying so long.

Also, I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that Chaos Dungeon is excluded because it ALREADY RESETS DAILY. If it is NOT going to reset daily like it does on other servers, you're most definitely going to piss off the playerbase ONCE AGAIN.

I'm not trying to say you're personally at fault here, Zanbee, but the fact is, whoever the hell is in charge of this (be it the Devs, or WP) is seriously going to piss off a lot of people.

I also want to take the time to make a point about Super Large Bags...

You would sell so many more if they were 10$. 

Why?

• They are currently UNABLE TO BE TRADED.
  • They are a highly desired item, so people are more likely to buy 3 at 10$ than to buy 3 at 20$.
  • 10$ is more reasonable when you consider the profits. If only 20 people a month are buying 3 bags at 20$ (1200$ profit), but 100 would buy them at 10$ (3000$ profit), then that's profit. Making them cheaper (permanently) would also increase the incentive to buy them for more characters. You're not wanting to give out Large Bags to make people buy Super Large Bags, yet you give them to the NEW CHARACTERS? Sounds kinda backwards, to me. I guarantee you'll see an increase at 1500KP that will prove this point.

Seriously, just drop them to 10$ if you can't give people Large Bags as a MONSTER DROP. People wouldn't even care if it was a RARE drop, just as long as it drops.

Edited by SoraOfKHK, 25 November 2013 - 08:48 PM.

#31 Harkoa

Harkoa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 431 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Odin, Channel 5

Posted 25 November 2013 - 08:23 PM

Fun stuff with this update, but~ I'm really hoping Pandora Boxes drop rate gets fixed + the Guild exp donate... it'll make those VIPs (that conveniently are going on sale) useful again. As it is now, I'm not motivated to farm anything (or use my VIP yet) :p_sick:  *crosses fingers*

Edited by Harkoa, 25 November 2013 - 08:23 PM.

#32 ShirakawaNaoya

ShirakawaNaoya

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationLiving in SeaGodTemple
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 25 November 2013 - 08:33 PM

Patch Notes 11/27

*Notes are subject to change at anytime

1. Kafra Shop Updates   <<< nothing to see here

blah blah blah~

2. Events

A. New Events

i. Black Friday Sale (11/27-12/4)

1. Super Large Bag  <<< considering

- Reduced price from 2000 to 1500 KP

2.VIP Package  <<< shuddup-and-take-mah-money-FRY-meme.gif

- Reduced price from 900 to 675 KP

3. Guardian Rune <<< nothing to see here

- Reduced price from 1500 to 1125 KP

4. Card Designated Synthesis Bundle Box (5 pcs) <<< nothing to see here

- Reduced price from 800 to 600 KP

5. Spinel Bundle Box (30 pcs) <<< shuddup-and-take-mah-money-FRY-meme.gif

- Reduced price from 1200 to 900 KP

Items we’ve sold in the past that will be included in the sale:

1. Karnium (1 pc) <<< nothing to see here

2. Karnium Box (5 pc) <<< considering

- Price: 600 KP

3. Bradium <<< nothing to see here

4. Monster DNA Random Box  <<< lol wut?

- Price: 200 KP

ii. 2x Blood Points (11/27-12/18) <<< lol... not both bp & medal?

iii. Midgard Leveling Blitz (11/27-12/18) <<< nothing to see here
       iv. Dungeon Burning (11/27-12/18) <<< *drooling~*

*patch notes are not complete. More will be coming. 

#33 U2v85

U2v85

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 130 posts
  • LocationLima

Posted 25 November 2013 - 08:39 PM

Nothing of lag when you use the mouse cursor over the shortcuts skills?
And there about pandoras boxes?
And about donating guild experience for lvl 50 characters?
Oh and I forgot that on the large bags for old characters?

Also on the clock error in Coliseum?

Edited by U2v85, 25 November 2013 - 08:42 PM.

#34 TifaValentine

TifaValentine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1027 posts
  • Server:In Another Dimension~

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:00 PM

I dont care the rest. But freaking please keep Karnium as permanent item on the Kafra Shop. How the heck do you expect people to properly refine their weapons when you make something so vital, a "rare item" like this? Thats extremely stupid, and you're basically telling players "lol go and take the risk of losing your weapon" unless the spent hundreds on kafra shop whenever you decided to put karnium, but if they ran out, oops! sorry?. Karnium should NOT be a temp item. Period.  

Edited by TifaValentine, 25 November 2013 - 09:02 PM.

#35 SoraOfKHK

SoraOfKHK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1319 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:48 PM

I'd also like to suggest Rune Elixirs drop down to 100kp each for this sale. Why? Because right now, without Pandora's Boxes dropping, it's highly unlikely that people will get them. People already spent a lot of money on the Devil Set, and avoided spending on things like Spinels and Rune Elixirs, and without Pandora's Boxes dropping, Runes will be priced at insane amounts (what's even more insane is that they actually SELL at those prices).

The gap between the paying player and the free player is large enough without you guys breaking the economy further by removing Pandora's Boxes. Weren't they supposed to be a permanent drop after people complained last time they were removed?

So, either discount the prices of the Rune Elixirs, or bring back Pandora's Boxes. The economy is broken, and it's the responsibility of whoever the hell made the decision to remove them to fix it.

#36 wewez

wewez

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 25 November 2013 - 10:02 PM

you can actually get 10 karnium from phantom stone. 

#37 SoraOfKHK

SoraOfKHK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1319 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 10:27 PM

you can actually get 10 karnium from phantom stone. 

Oh yay! A CHANCE at Karnium! That's EXACTLY enough to satisfy EVERY SINGLE PLAYER! I don't know what on Earth I was thinking! How could I forget such an important detail?

^ Seriously, is this how the Devs and Warp Portal expect us to react? :p_err:

#38 aldobasso

aldobasso

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 11:04 PM

I still have to understand why some Kafra items are not tradable...

#39 pollenpetal

pollenpetal

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:Ragnarok Online II: Odin

Posted 26 November 2013 - 01:46 AM

Rune Remover should have discounts too.

#40 Ryles18

Ryles18

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 01:47 AM

GM Zanbee, what about the pandora boxes? Please tell us the truth if this is intentional or what? Don't make us dumb that this thing is not intentional. We've been waiting for almost 2 weeks for that thing to be fix. Actually why it's so long to fix that thing, you are prioritizing those events that makes money. Rather than fixing your server's bugs!!!!!!!

#41 7034130818020750223

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 02:53 AM

GM Zanbee, what about the pandora boxes? Please tell us the truth if this is intentional or what? Don't make us dumb that this thing is not intentional. We've been waiting for almost 2 weeks for that thing to be fix. Actually why it's so long to fix that thing, you are prioritizing those events that makes money. Rather than fixing your server's bugs!!!!!!!

WP doesn't write the patches. Gravity does. WP can't change any code, it's likely in their contract to leave it the hell alone. It's not the GMs, it's the Korean devs.

#42 dasura

dasura

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 03:04 AM

3. Guardian Rune

- Reduced price from 1500 to 1125 KP

Wait, as in the item that's not working right now? Unless that's been fixed, and I kind of doubt it since I saw someone shocked in public chat today that they were suddenly job level 1, you may want to make sure that works as advertised before you do a special promotion of it.

Edited by dasura, 26 November 2013 - 03:06 AM.

#43 Chocs

Chocs

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 566 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 03:30 AM

Some of the discounted prices are close to what I think should be the actual prices for those items :heh:

#44 DarkKurayami

DarkKurayami

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 496 posts
  • LocationEurope
  • Server:Odin -n- Freya

Posted 26 November 2013 - 03:34 AM

SO does this mean we have to make a completely new character or does a character we may have created the other day still only at lvl 1 still work?

Had made a new thief and only ran him to mailbox to grab the starter box at the moment and just left him on the side due to the viking quests at the moment.

Also, give us more character slots maybe? Since I'm sure there are many people have their slots full with chances all lvl50 and this is asking them to delete one that they had made and cherished.

#45 FluffyMiyu

FluffyMiyu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 383 posts
  • LocationMalaysia
  • Server:Nom nom nom

Posted 26 November 2013 - 04:32 AM

Am I the only one here that is rarely do Colo

And when I do, I always went to round 5 without fail

And still never win. 

Sounds like 2x BP is an awesome offer to me.

#46 raela

raela

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 784 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 November 2013 - 04:45 AM

Am I the only one here that is rarely do Colo

And when I do, I always went to round 5 without fail

And still never win. 

Sounds like 2x BP is an awesome offer to me.

I despise colo, and would rather go slowly through raid gear progression than jump to colo. However, given that crafted weapons don't seem to exist for noel (or are they around now?), I might take this chance to farm up some bp.. weapon drop in raids is too rare. Hrm. Sounds like a somewhat exciting event for me.

I'm one of the people with 10 chars already, though one is level 1.. full Pandora's set on it, though, so I wouldn't want to recreate. I don't think I feel like pushing myself to 50, though. Especially not for a single bag.. but.. hopefully some people enjoy that event!

(fingers crossed for the rest of the bugs to be cleaned up from the last regular patch :p_swt:)

#47 Trinida

Trinida

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 71 posts
  • Locationu now..a cave..
  • Server:chaos loki r.o2

Posted 26 November 2013 - 05:32 AM

2e575o4.gif

some rest in my pockets thanks ... $

#48 NuwaChan

NuwaChan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 439 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 05:51 AM

Everyone would like happy hour back. I would like those field MVPs like Merem, and

Vador to drop karnium along with all dungeon bosses.

Edited by NuwaChan, 26 November 2013 - 06:56 AM.

#49 jhay1825

jhay1825

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1077 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Odin

Posted 26 November 2013 - 06:26 AM

Shouldnt be Chaos Dungeon the one having the one day lock outs? The drop is class specific, so what happens if it drops something the raid doesnt need or already have. That would be a complete waste then considering the horrible RNG of the game which is on almost evry part of the game.

Also FPS and other bugs are getting fixed too right? This patch wont only be Kafra Items, right?
@_@

Edited by jhay1825, 26 November 2013 - 06:27 AM.

#50 Sehee

Sehee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 06:50 AM

Idk what to do, the lowest character i have is a lvl 15 thief... I could delete him, and remake him but then... I don't know if it's worth it since i will probably get sick of leveling so fast, and will not make it into the first 50, because this game is full of people willing to sacrifice 2 days of sleep and food to get to lvl 50... so no. 

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users