harlokjai

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 851 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 02 December 2013 - 04:29 AM

Hi guys,

I've seen quite a few post here about matk, but i want to ask more specially on Comet in WOE.

Whats kind of dmg should i be aiming for on a full woe set with thara frog and immune muffer do (no god items/MVP cards)? Lets say on an AB. Is 10K very low?

I've read somewhere in this forum that some can do 23K dmg without mvp/god? Is that with mystical amp or not?

It just makes my dmg so sad if 23K is without amp....................................

Thanks....

Edited by harlokjai, 02 December 2013 - 04:30 AM.

#2 Mulder1

Mulder1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1610 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 05:33 AM

Magic Damage in Overall has been reduced by almost half thanks to WoE Set (mage/priest set) but that doesn't mean that damage will be always the same. The only way to overcome this issue is rather simple, over-power it with more MATK. A comet with the right gear as of right now (Shiroe's full Damage Build) can deal around 20k ~ 29k against WoE Set (WoE environment damage) and close to 62k ~ 69k against non-woe set players (test it since few weeks ago and again during last WoE), that being said, you need Fallen Bishop Card (MvP) and high upgraded weapon as well as several gear damage oriented (balancing the stack on +MATK and %MATK). The good thing about this is that since WoE nowdays revolves around Fallen Angel Wing and pretty soon around Memorial Boots, that will break their WoE Set bonus allowing Comet to be a strong and viable damage resource.

#3 Mulder1

Mulder1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1610 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 05:44 AM

By Stacking +MATK with the right gears and high upgrade Staff nowdays you can get as high as +565 MATK just as Weapon MATK. If you calculate +390~+400 MATK as base MATK, you will have the following: 390 + (565*0.4+565) = 1181 matk (raw MATK). After that, you add whatever stack %MATK you have (if you did your homework and balanced quite a bit %MATK so they are close to the 0.5 median), you will have something among those lines: 1181 * 2.01 (demi human %MATK) * 1.53 (%MATK raw) = 3631.93 MATK If after that, you add Mystical Amplification: 3631.93 * 1.5 = 5447.90 MATK as output MATK. After that, you add whatever spell formula you want to cast and applies reduction (demi human and MDEF). That's an example of how much your Min. MATK would it be with the right gear... I haven't take into consideration different "food" and "buffs" that increases your +MATK (weapon) and misc. MATK coming from Over upgrade Weapon and Recognized Spell.

#4 harlokjai

harlokjai

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 851 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 06:08 PM

Thanks for your detailed response!, there are couple of questions I need to ask about what you posted. Also I'd like some advise as well.

can i pm you ?

#5 Mulder1

Mulder1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1610 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 06:17 PM

Sure, but better here since I'm just off and on here (easier to see it here than PM). If you want to see Full Offensive Burst Damage Warlock, you can check the last 2 videos on this channel: http://www.youtube.c...er/WarlockHaseo

#6 harlokjai

harlokjai

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 851 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 06:35 PM

Sure, but better here since I'm just off and on here (easier to see it here than PM). If you want to see Full Offensive Burst Damage Warlock, you can check the last 2 videos on this channel: http://www.youtube.c...er/WarlockHaseo

Sure. Whatver is easier for you.

Ok, 1st question: you said base stats can go to around 390-400........i'm guessin that's including all the aco buffs (clementia, gloria, and +20& +10 food to int, dex and luk?). Cause you said no food to increase misc matk only, so assume you used +20+10 food to increase stats.

2nd: weapon - you had 565 as your weapon base matk only (not include equpiment matk then i presume). Glorious give 210 matk, plus 7 per refine level base. if you at +14, that will give you 210+7*14 = 308. Thats still way off from 565...surely glorious is the best weapon.......

3rd: from the racial modifiers, i can guess you put into account the FBH card to get 2.01 modifier?

4th: your 20-29k dmg on woe gears - thats including fbh and amp? or just fbh?

I have other questions, but that depends on your answer above...haha, Thanks so much.

I'm very intersted in the WL class, but sometimes just a bit dissapointed at my damage, so i want to increase it so that I can have more fun with this awesome and cool class!

Thanks again

#7 Mulder1

Mulder1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1610 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 08:24 PM

Sure. Whatver is easier for you.

Ok, 1st question: you said base stats can go to around 390-400........i'm guessin that's including all the aco buffs (clementia, gloria, and +20& +10 food to int, dex and luk?). Cause you said no food to increase misc matk only, so assume you used +20+10 food to increase stats.

2nd: weapon - you had 565 as your weapon base matk only (not include equpiment matk then i presume). Glorious give 210 matk, plus 7 per refine level base. if you at +14, that will give you 210+7*14 = 308. Thats still way off from 565...surely glorious is the best weapon.......

3rd: from the racial modifiers, i can guess you put into account the FBH card to get 2.01 modifier?

4th: your 20-29k dmg on woe gears - thats including fbh and amp? or just fbh?

I have other questions, but that depends on your answer above...haha, Thanks so much.

I'm very intersted in the WL class, but sometimes just a bit dissapointed at my damage, so i want to increase it so that I can have more fun with this awesome and cool class!

Thanks again

Hmm, perhaps I should be a lil more specific.

1) Base MATK is the what you see in your window, left side of the "+" sign. It can be increased with Stats Buffs as far as I can tell. 390~400 is calculated from base stats, +10 food, +20 food and normal buff (agi/bless). There are certain food that increases MATK but it goes to weapon matk (equipment).

2) When I meant weapon MATK, I meant to say equipment MATK, in the 565 base "equipment MATK" I was making reference of over upgrade staff and cards/enchants that gives you extra +MATK that counts for equipment MATK. (I am not taking into consideration misc. MATK that you get from over upgrade weapon and buffs/food that increases equipment MATK).

3) FBH itself will increase 50% MATK towards demihuman, so it would be just 1.5 in terms for multiplication. I'm using 2.01 which means I can mass around 101%matk towards demihuman by using only FBH and Staff as well as another "buffs".

4) 20k is using JUST FBH (no god items or other MvPs involve), 29k if I use mystical amplification.

Warlock class is I would say 41% gears, 54% skills/experience & 5% luck (misc bonus kicking in when needed to be). In order for you to increase MATK, you will need to devote not just good amount of zeny but support from other classes as well. There are several buffs from other classes that I'm not taking into consideration. It will depend on how well teamwork you can build around you.

Any more question, feel free to ask here.

#8 harlokjai

harlokjai

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 851 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 04:04 AM

ummm....seems like i might never get to those levels cause the only buffs i get is clementia! T_T

Another question, i thought the weapon variance = weapon matk + 0.1 * level weapon * weapon matk? So your equipments matk such as cards shouldn't be taken into acccount? Irowiki is wrong? Or i misunderstood somewhere?

Thanks

#9 Mulder1

Mulder1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1610 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 04:27 AM

ummm....seems like i might never get to those levels cause the only buffs i get is clementia! T_T

Another question, i thought the weapon variance = weapon matk + 0.1 * level weapon * weapon matk? So your equipments matk such as cards shouldn't be taken into acccount? Irowiki is wrong? Or i misunderstood somewhere?

Thanks

What is calculated like that is whatever amount you have at the right side of the "+" sign. In other words, if you can mass a good amount of +MATK on the right side, all that will be taking in consideration as Weapon MATK.

#10 Nero89

Nero89

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 833 posts
  • LocationMalaysia
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 03 December 2013 - 06:57 AM

In my previous Comet revision, I've managed to collect put 402 + 542 MATK in exact (I think it was before +9 FAW?, suck I lose the build screenshot already).

That alone, total MATK is: 1160.8 +MATK (includes sMATK, eMATK, wMATK). Misc. MATK...damn I forgot already lol, but there was some buffs/items that can increase it (one of it is Box of Drowsiness - this one didn't added on MATK window, hence Misc MATK)

My demi set showed me I have +86 %MATK towards demihuman (1.86 %MATK) I believe the 2.01% mod can be achieve, however.

Without FBH, that can deal around 20k - 25k to WOE set with that set. I've tested it with a friend's sura but only in GvG room, which he also stacked demi reduc too (normal situation in WOE). In WOE, I don't have cross guild friends to take the ss of it LOL (=.=)

IIRC, my %MATK mod is 1.23 %MATK, from 3 gears.

It is therefore, the final calculation is: 

Total MATK: 1160.8

Overall MATK: 1160.8 * 1.86 * 1.23 = 2655.678 MATK

MA'd: 2655.678 * 1.5 = 3983.517

Quite low, isn't it? Well, I think that's the average of most WL in the server, with easily accessed foods, buffs, and gears. Again, numbers is numbers. What matters more after that: SKILLS!

The way of cometting, as from my experience, should be in a chained, short and captures huge range. But if can, try learning to quad comet under 5sec. I've recently obtained the reflexes to do it, and it was...SUPAH AWESOME! /gg

#11 harlokjai

harlokjai

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 851 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 06:23 PM

In my previous Comet revision, I've managed to collect put 402 + 542 MATK in exact (I think it was before +9 FAW?, suck I lose the build screenshot already).

That alone, total MATK is: 1160.8 +MATK (includes sMATK, eMATK, wMATK). Misc. MATK...damn I forgot already lol, but there was some buffs/items that can increase it (one of it is Box of Drowsiness - this one didn't added on MATK window, hence Misc MATK)

My demi set showed me I have +86 %MATK towards demihuman (1.86 %MATK) I believe the 2.01% mod can be achieve, however.

Without FBH, that can deal around 20k - 25k to WOE set with that set. I've tested it with a friend's sura but only in GvG room, which he also stacked demi reduc too (normal situation in WOE). In WOE, I don't have cross guild friends to take the ss of it LOL (=.=)

Quite low, isn't it? Well, I think that's the average of most WL in the server, with easily accessed foods, buffs, and gears. Again, numbers is numbers. What matters more after that: SKILLS!

The way of cometting, as from my experience, should be in a chained, short and captures huge range. But if can, try learning to quad comet under 5sec. I've recently obtained the reflexes to do it, and it was...SUPAH AWESOME!

/gg

nero:

1. I'm assuming you got the 1.86 mod cause if fbh right? ! ?

2. 20 k without fallen bishop?!? is that with amp? ?

3. Yeah I do need more practise, I don't play allot unfortunately. sometimes though, I find that I can't release my comet in woe, does our range decrease if it's over a barrier or a moat? I can cast sg I've the barrier so I'm sure we can cast.....

Edited by harlokjai, 03 December 2013 - 06:25 PM.

#12 harlokjai

harlokjai

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 851 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 06:26 PM

What is calculated like that is whatever amount you have at the right side of the "+" sign. In other words, if you can mass a good amount of +MATK on the right side, all that will be taking in consideration as Weapon MATK.

ok, then I'm going with eq matk is affected by the weapon upgrade variance too.....though it's so strange since its not weapon. (-_-").

#13 Mulder1

Mulder1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1610 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 02:14 AM

With current buffs (players) and food/equipment, you can go as high as 785 MATK for equipment (current Shiroe's build). It can go higher than that if you focus around +MATK instead of %MATK but that won't be as good as focusing on %MATK.

You will want to increase Equipment MATK so you can get the bonus from weapon multiplier, after that, focusing on %MATK would be your best course of action. With recognized spell, the difference between MATK can be avoided.

High upgrade GSOD will not only grant you better chance for upgrade bonus to kick in but also will increase your "piercing" effect which comes in handy against mage/aco classes that can stack 100MDEF (~50% magic damage reduction).

#14 harlokjai

harlokjai

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 851 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 02:34 AM

With current buffs (players) and food/equipment, you can go as high as 785 MATK for equipment (current Shiroe's build). It can go higher than that if you focus around +MATK instead of %MATK but that won't be as good as focusing on %MATK.

You will want to increase Equipment MATK so you can get the bonus from weapon multiplier, after that, focusing on %MATK would be your best course of action. With recognized spell, the difference between MATK can be avoided.

High upgrade GSOD will not only grant you better chance for upgrade bonus to kick in but also will increase your "piercing" effect which comes in handy against mage/aco classes that can stack 100MDEF (~50% magic damage reduction).

you've mentioned this two times, what is shiroes build? whose shiro?

#15 Mulder1

Mulder1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1610 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 02:37 AM

https://www.youtube....er/WarlockHaseo

#16 Nero89

Nero89

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 833 posts
  • LocationMalaysia
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:28 AM

nero:

1. I'm assuming you got the 1.86 mod cause if fbh right? ! ?

2. 20 k without fallen bishop?!? is that with amp? ?

3. Yeah I do need more practise, I don't play allot unfortunately. sometimes though, I find that I can't release my comet in woe, does our range decrease if it's over a barrier or a moat? I can cast sg I've the barrier so I'm sure we can cast.....

1. Yep

2. Yep

3. Yep on some barrier/ledge. If you are talking SG over barriers, does the cell fell beside the barriers or way longer than the barrier you facing? I think SG/casted aoe can be put beside barrier with no problem.

Practice on positioning. Try to go with and without sac so that you can learn which spot you should take in every push/defense/precast.

#17 harlokjai

harlokjai

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 851 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 01:36 AM

1 thing i find i need to practise is to cast comet run, come back , release again, and come back and release again.

I have a tendency to just stand there!!!!

Usually i cast once , then will probably die after my second time cause i'm just standing there. lol......

#18 Hikusaak

Hikusaak

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1384 posts
  • LocationCircle Palace, Crystal Valley, Harmonia
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 December 2013 - 01:47 AM

Try your luck camping High Wizard Kathryn to get her card :heh:

A card that every Warlock/Sorcerer has been dreaming of :rice:

#19 harlokjai

harlokjai

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 851 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 01:51 AM

The way of cometting, as from my experience, should be in a chained, short and captures huge range. But if can, try learning to quad comet under 5sec. I've recently obtained the reflexes to do it, and it was...SUPAH AWESOME! /gg

Oh, and I don't think your 3983.517 matk is the average warlock......cause you counted the FBH Card (1.86 modifer) ! i'm sure most people don't have one (i hope!)......... So the average Wl will have lower than that....

#20 harlokjai

harlokjai

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 851 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 02:53 PM

Try your luck camping High Wizard Kathryn to get her card :heh:
A card that every Warlock/Sorcerer has been dreaming of :rice:

does anyone even have that card given its a hard mvp! ? isthat card really that good? I mean, it just ignored defense like rks db, but the demo human reductions from woe set still applies.

#21 Hikusaak

Hikusaak

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1384 posts
  • LocationCircle Palace, Crystal Valley, Harmonia

Posted 05 December 2013 - 05:26 PM

It ignores magic defense instead of defense (counterpart to Samurai Specter card)

And about demi human reduction from the set there is also a solution

Glorious Destruction Staff or Vellum Arc Wand increases magic damage to demi human

#22 harlokjai

harlokjai

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 851 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 06:20 PM

It ignores magic defense instead of defense (counterpart to Samurai Specter card)
And about demi human reduction from the set there is also a solution
Glorious Destruction Staff or Vellum Arc Wand increases magic damage to demi human

samurai specter card is much easier to get in comparison............

#23 Kieri

Kieri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2995 posts
  • Server:Nothing.

Posted 06 December 2013 - 03:37 AM

does anyone even have that card given its a hard mvp! ? isthat card really that good? I mean, it just ignored defense like rks db, but the demo human reductions from woe set still applies.

It's not as amazing as it sounds honestly, but it is nice :x

#24 Mulder1

Mulder1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1610 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 06:21 AM

MvP HW card is good if you are able to mass a quite a good +MATK and %MATK to make worth the MDEF piercing, otherwise it won't even be noticed.

Also, it will work mostly on Mage/Aco classes that stack MDEF as well as RKs, otherwise, GSoD will be good enough with its close to 50%MDEF piercing. Don't forget that there are other gears that reduce enemy's MDEF to 1 if used in team play.

You can simulate and even get better results if you go for the "overpower" route which instead of bypassing MDEF so there are options to be taken into account in case you don not have the card.

Edited by Mulder1, 06 December 2013 - 06:37 AM.

#25 Kieri

Kieri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2995 posts
  • Server:Nothing.

Posted 06 December 2013 - 06:37 AM

Nope.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users